PDA

View Full Version : Newb Mage Question on Pets

Angrytyrant
07-18-2014, 05:03 AM
Im a lvl17 mage, interested in pve build. I know this question was asked hundreds of times before but what pet skills and arcane attacks should o go for when picking a pet? What i want to do is to pick two pets, and focus on leveling just those two. Im thinking one with crowd control abilities and one with single target abilities? which pets are good for crowd control? Is there concensus among mages, as to which pet is most useful for pve?

Xeusx
07-18-2014, 06:58 AM
Ethyl and Littlebear, and Dovabear if you get the chance to get Dova egg from Gold tier or buy it from CS.

Otahaanak
07-18-2014, 01:29 PM
As a mage pets that enhance your int and str stats are good.

Pets can be divided into two categories - offensive and defensive. Consider that and your play style while you decide.

I would consider both Little Bear and Ethyl to be defensive pets. Pets like Orion, Grimm, Abaddon, Shadowlurk are more offensive in their AA.

For elites I typically go with a defensive pet or one that buffs the party in some way.

Also, if you are headed to level cap, you'll probably wind up with more than 2 pets, if nothing else than to save some coin on feeding.

grumpy
07-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Start off with Orion, imo still the best pink for a mage even with Dovabear being around. Also Orion is dirt cheap.

Orion is an all-rounder. He gives INT, STR, HP, and Dmg red% which all help a Sorc's weakpoint: survival

His AA gives a 10% dmg bonus, debuffs enemies hit chance and armor, AND gives a decent chance to panic mobs (much higher than dovabear's). Note: Panic is NOT in the description but it does happen quite often for me.

His passive debuffs 3 enemies dmg and bleeds them

So you get offensive, defense and a reliable panic (crowd control and stun bosses)

Others (pinks only): Haze, Ethyl, Malison, Clyde, Colton, Dovabear, Shadowlurk

The best: Samael

Nesox
07-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Ethyl's area root works well for a defensive player without high damage to buy time in large mobs. Pets like Ribbit and Shadowlurk work well to make mobs vanish quickly when used with TS. Kelvin is still my go to pet for bosses as he has the most reliable stun imo. Haze is another excellent all round pet. Pets like Mali and Colton work well when looking for speed in maps without much congestion, but their poor AA is all but useless. Orion is a good support pet with a health bump and party damage AA.

My primary pets are Slag, Shadowlurk, Ribbit, Orion, Haze in no particular order.

aquascaper
07-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Personally, I use Dova Bear, Shadowlurk, Haze, and Ethyl