PDA

View Full Version : Carrying noobs 24/7 event

Warlord0520
07-18-2014, 07:44 AM
-Alot of new players pull boss to the respawn area-

This ursoth event I have been constantly being grouped up with idiots who have no idea how to play their class, they aren't even geared, I'm level 11 twink right now constantly doing max damage well over 100 per shot, I get this moron who is with me in Helena and get her down to 10% hp and he runs away because he's afraid he's going to die then he pushes boss back to respawn then her health resets....

-Clueless thinking-

So, Instead of running to me(the healer, dps, and tank) he ran the opposite direction and never realized ONE TIME that I healed him for all of his health in ONE pop. I mean can we Atleast make these noobs go through a tutorial that shows them what to do? Or must I keep wasting these 8 hr energy points because these wastes of space people don't know how a simple boss mechanic works.

-Paired up with new players, and uneducated players about the boss fight-

It's almost every match I've been in recently it's the same bullcrap, I'm all for getting vanity and what not, but when I get paired up with people that makes it harder for me to kill the boss, it's really frustrating and I'm really annoyed with this. And is not just that guy either, people need to do some tutorial that makes them understand the boss mechanics first, because 80% of the people level 10-20 that I've been grouped with have no idea what's going on, they only killed the boss because I healed them when they needed to be healed, I tanked the adds when they needed to be tanked, and I aggroed the boss when he/she needed to be aggroed, and they just attack the boss the whole time and are clueless about the adds that do just as much damage I.e. helena fight.

-Make an attunement to be able to play the Ursoth Event-

I know there's a ton of people out there who know these bosses by the back of their hand, but the ones I've been grouped with so far are very clueless, and it's completely making the fight a lot harder than what it needs to be. Im not saying the fights need to be easier, heck, I wouldent mind it there harder, but I want people to contribute to the fight more instead of having me babysit the boss fight for them because that is useless. There should be an attunement to be able to play in the event, I'll explain... One should be able to defeat a monster who is very skilled in a one on one fight, and If the player kills the monster, the monster drops a pass that allows him to go to elondria etc. and precede to he next boss fights.

These are the only Problems I've seen thus far during the event, everything else is perfectly fine.

Ornah
07-18-2014, 07:47 AM
I so agree its ridiculous.

Warlord0520
07-18-2014, 07:56 AM
I so agree its ridiculous.

Ikr

Xeusx
07-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Warlord, can you solo? Low levels twink can kill Helena easy, if you dont want, you should make a plan about how to prevent from reset Helena.

Warlord0520
07-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Warlord, can you solo? Low levels twink can kill Helena easy, if you dont want, you should make a plan about how to prevent from reset Helena.

Zuesblade, this has nothing to do with whether or not I can solo, it has to do with me carrying people and making it an extra burden trying to kill he boss. I'm tied of chasing noobs trying to heal them, then getting back on boss then transitioning from adds, to boss, to chasing my teammates around then telling them to not bring boss to respawn.

If I wanted to tank the boss I would have made a warrior, but I like competitiveness, so I made a sorcerer, which can kill herond, and the other bosses except Helena unless I had potions to waste.

Edit: but I get what ur saying man, the one guy aggroed boss because he was tanking for a second then pulled back lost hp and freaked out lol

Waheedski
07-18-2014, 08:53 AM
When I first told the pugs about the new tactic of defeating Helena, most just said why? Even when I explained they ignored me. So I left them fighting Helena while I chilled by the fence before the boss entrance, they soon came running over with Helena in hot pursuit. Once they realised it was a lot easier, they couldn't thank me enough. It was very tough getting the new tactic/strategy into their heads and can be very infuriating.

There is a help group called the minutemen, master Zylx, Co-Master Zeus. It's not a guild just a group here on the forum. It's the best thing since sliced bread :)

Warlord0520
07-18-2014, 09:05 AM
I died on purpose to see if a few groups could survive without me being there, and well, they all wiped in pretty much 10-20 seconds after my death. I ran back and we killed the boss after that lmao. Not trying to be mean or anything, but it helps to know your stuff lol

Waheedski
07-18-2014, 09:12 AM
I died on purpose to see if a few groups could survive without me being there, and well, they all wiped in pretty much 10-20 seconds after my death.

LOL erm when I die, people clear the level, defeat the boss and loot awesome stuff T.T, nothing to do with this thread, just sayin'

Warlord0520
07-18-2014, 09:32 AM
LOL erm when I die, people clear the level, defeat the boss and loot awesome stuff T.T, nothing to do with this thread, just sayin'

You do realize as long as you are in the phase ie. as long as you click "enter mission" you still can take the loot no matter where you are, you can be as far away as the boss, as Long as the boss dies u can get the loot.

Edit: heck, you can sit in spawn the whole time, wait 10 minutes, go to boss after the loot dropped 2 minutes ago and still take the loot rofl.

Crowsfoot
07-18-2014, 09:36 AM
It ticks me off so much that the PUG pulls for Oltgar have changed.

One day some noob demands the party to follow them doing the wrong pulls and then left the map when we said no. Over time more and more people agreed to the idiotic pulls until eventually I was the only person doing the old pulls.

News Flash: I ran Oltgar a full minute faster with the old pulls. And now, guildies don't even k ow the old pulls.

It is a real shame that the pulls Alrisaia and I came up with to clear the map have been thrown away for a slower method because if a few stubborn people who can't understand that only the tank stands in the middle of a pull. Giant Glacians are not that scary if the mages freeze the archers, rogues focus on them first, and only the tank stands in the middle.

But hey, let's just waste a full minute of everyone's time to avoid 1 giant glacian, seems legit.

Xeusx
07-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Zuesblade, this has nothing to do with whether or not I can solo, it has to do with me carrying people and making it an extra burden trying to kill he boss. I'm tied of chasing noobs trying to heal them, then getting back on boss then transitioning from adds, to boss, to chasing my teammates around then telling them to not bring boss to respawn.

If I wanted to tank the boss I would have made a warrior, but I like competitiveness, so I made a sorcerer, which can kill herond, and the other bosses except Helena unless I had potions to waste.

Edit: but I get what ur saying man, the one guy aggroed boss because he was tanking for a second then pulled back lost hp and freaked out lol
That edited words, LOL!
I suggest you should make a party with your guild mates, since you are a twink and in twink guild.

Bigboyblue
07-18-2014, 09:51 AM
For low levels /partyi 00000. It's your best friend. For high levels roll with your guild. PUGs do not work for this event.

Waheedski
07-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Where are all the elite pull strategies hidden? I swear I'm doing it the wrong way! I love doing Caves of Tarewa, once I'm over the capitulation by the first mob, it's all plain sailing.

I was in a pug once at the caves and their method was to fight briefly, die a lot and respawn again and again and again. I thought they were pro, well that's what they told me, 'Hey bro we done this a million times'. Seriously! It looks like you done it a million times wearing a blindfold -_-

Fyrce
07-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Seriously, solo.

I did pugs for awhile but found it was faster solo. PUGs were entertaining.

Nearing the end though. Solo it all!

Schnitzel
07-18-2014, 12:45 PM
You said yourself "I'm a lvl11 twink"
You're experienced with AL, these other players are possibly new players who don't know much about how the game works

I remember when i was a low lvl, i used to do anything possible to keep my death count at zero

Maybe they're the same, they are new and want to keep their death count low

If you dont like it, type "/partyi 000" and go to event and solo the boss or get some other lvl11 twinks to run with you

Crowsfoot
07-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Where are all the elite pull strategies hidden? I swear I'm doing it the wrong way! I love doing Caves of Tarewa, once I'm over the capitulation by the first mob, it's all plain sailing.

I was in a pug once at the caves and their method was to fight briefly, die a lot and respawn again and again and again. I thought they were pro, well that's what they told me, 'Hey bro we done this a million times'. Seriously! It looks like you done it a million times wearing a blindfold -_-
Caves annoys me because people only know how to run it with parks.

To this day, the fastest run I have done there was without parking. This may be because I am terrible at parking (I generally avoid it because ei consider it boring and defeating the purpose of the map). But, I would like to think sitting around while one player runs back and forth wastes time.

Madnex
07-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Correction: experienced elite runners can pre-park, meaning they break off the mob cluster when it's manageable for the rest of the team to hold it then park. By the time they are back, mobs are dealt with and time has been saved. Plus it guarantees getting back fast if a non plat user dies on the boss.

Waheedski
07-18-2014, 07:27 PM
I must admit, I enjoy the parking. I still haven't mastered it in the elite caves but I will :)

Milan Lame Man
07-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Well as long as they are noobs, I just wait for them to die, then pull Helena into the right place.
The worst party is when there is a warrior who just does not want to die... then you have to do it the hard way, in the main area.

And yes, obviously lv11 players don't have much knowledge of the game. Most haven't even been to Kraag, so what can they know.
Try to explain, but don't get mad if they don't listen.

Soundlesskill
07-19-2014, 01:30 AM
You could always level up and fight :P
Jkjk, I hate it too.

Imjebus
07-21-2014, 12:18 AM
/partyi 000. ;P

Krobelus
07-21-2014, 12:54 AM
As a gamer I also have to emphatize with the TS. I can see where his frustrations are coming from and all of us could understand that.

Finding the right guy should be the key for you to finish the instance. It's always ok to die as long as the boss does not reset. Me and Milan have done most of our entries with Helena. Yes, I die a lot and spent a lot of gold for potions but it was worth it because it is Helena that brought me to gold tier. We were almost at the juncture of being bored but with every successful run makes it more rewarding. Thank you Milan. :)

utpal
07-21-2014, 12:04 PM
lol. instead of typing u can fight solo fight helena 3times

Milan Lame Man
07-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Some comments are less useful than others.
Sometimes it pays off to wait a few minutes before hitting the "Post Quick Reply" button.
Just saying.

Warlord0520
07-21-2014, 12:49 PM

Yeh well, I don't play a warrior so I don't take that much damage. Look at it with a Mage perspective plz. Ty