PDA

View Full Version : Fail market

xuz
01-11-2011, 05:04 AM
ok so today the big thing was the new elite campaigns.

At the start of the day when i started farming there wasnt a item below 300k at least.
now there at about 20k each. That is insane and completly stupid, they are some of the best weapons and armours for dex and int, some for str but they are cheaper than anything.

This really sucks i guess, for people trying to make money atm, or people selling there rift, void and cosmo quick as possible.

My thoughts are that the market is really really bad and something needs to be done. When a new campaign comes out everyone farms the best weapons and within the week everything is 20k each ?

We get bored and loss interest.... so what now?

This is just my observation and the game will soon fade... unless the devs think of new things every couple of weeks.

icantgetkills
01-11-2011, 05:07 AM
the market crashed because it was to easy for people to get gear the drop rate should be same as frozen nightmares IMO 25% drop rate each boss that makes items slightly harder to get and saves the market from an epic crash prices are back up btw 75k mega blaster back to 150k :/

like a death, hate or shadow item everytime...

xuz
01-11-2011, 05:11 AM
i know right.... uh such a bad market...

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
lmfaooo.

I predicted this, told people to sell their gear, nobody listened.

Only a few on the forums agreed with me that prices would drop to next to nothing.

Lmfao@those who didn't listen abd called me retarded, FACE

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 01:38 PM
rofl rebuy all the cheap gears ;] they r still better than the new ones lol

StompArtist
01-11-2011, 01:39 PM
All the gear will crash even further as the level caps are raised. Simple supply and demand is all.

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 01:40 PM
but thats not for a while, and their prices are already affordable now lol

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 01:43 PM
rofl rebuy all the cheap gears ;] they r still better than the new ones lol

Honestly, they're not.

The only instance where they are better is Victory Lap/Shadow cave itself.

In a week or so, when everyone has their Shadow sets, it will be mostly abandoned, Victory Lap items won't be worth farming.

We'll be limited to farming Swamp/Green Ice, and if you've tested the damage in those areas, as well as Keeper map(etc), it's incredible. Much better than the older sets.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Lol watch everyone farm Vyx out of lack of anything else to farm -- then I'll buy a Vyx helm for 100k :)

Honestly, they're not.

The only instance where they are better is Victory Lap/Shadow cave itself.

In a week or so, when everyone has their Shadow sets, it will be mostly abandoned, Victory Lap items won't be worth farming.

We'll be limited to farming Swamp/Green Ice, and if you've tested the damage in those areas, as well as Keeper map(etc), it's incredible. Much better than the older sets.

StompArtist
01-11-2011, 01:47 PM
I am speculating here but I have been half complaining that there is a lot of cool looking weapons that are not good enough to ever be used and people just trash them. Perhaps this is part of a weapons leveling attempt to make more variety of different weapons of relatively equal strength instead of just a few "power" kits...

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 01:50 PM
I am speculating here but I have been half complaining that there is a lot of cool looking weapons that are not good enough to ever be used and people just trash them. Perhaps this is part of a weapons leveling attempt to make more variety of different weapons of relatively equal strength instead of just a few "power" kits...

Yes, it was cool when we asked for a lvl 50 redbone helm (or redbone as vanity helm) and got the cyber helm. But now it's just getting ridiculous. Rehashing the same design over and over cheapens the original design. Like antennas. We all have 4 sets now -- and we can only wear one at a time.

This game is now gonna be filled with gray clones. How boring!

Echelong
01-11-2011, 01:55 PM
This game is now gonna be filled with gray clones. How boring!

lmao.... Yes they should have used at least an executioners mask instead of the same skull with different color. And now I realize birds don't actually see in this game they are driven by sense of smell. They use their beaks instead of their eyes.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 01:59 PM
lmao.... Yes they should have used at least an executioners mask instead of the same skull with different color. And now I realize birds don't actually see in this game they are driven by sense of smell. They use their beaks instead of their eyes.

Lol yeah I always loved the bird's skull helm the best till i realized the holes don't match up with their eyes. They look pretty darn cool otherwise, so the devs should fix that.

Snakespeare
01-11-2011, 02:16 PM
I would like to see them hire an additional artist, too. No doubt their current art team (or artist) has to pick which ones to develop and which will reuse older meshes. But also consider that people don't use a lot of the gear, it is liquidation fodder, so why bother making them look cool. So, a new artist would hopefully focus on the gear that is most frequently in use.

As to "the market", it's going to change. Change is what makes it interesting. I am not a merchant, but if I were I would be more interested in predicting trends than complaining about them.

ballersburden
01-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Who cares if these new items cost cheap and are selling at 20k each? Don't look at the stats, look at it as something that will always generate 20k automatically for you.

You get 5 items, 20k times 5 = 100k gold per run on the shadow cave.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Who cares if these new items cost cheap and are selling at 20k each? Don't look at the stats, look at it as something that will always generate 20k automatically for you.

You get 5 items, 20k times 5 = 100k gold per run on the shadow cave.

Lol for the time it takes, it's not worth it. You could make that much from liquidating junk in low lvl maps.

Kossi
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
i made 760k and full sentinal off this update- kossi

my brother made 1.4M off this update- solvok

Best. Update. Ever

ballersburden
01-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Lol for the time it takes, it's not worth it. You could make that much from liquidating junk in low lvl maps.

That's true BUT... it's not hard to do when you can just type in "Shadow" in campaign on the world map thing and then join games that are almost done. That's what I have been doing, and getting a lot of pinks in no time.

I R LAZY.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 04:08 PM
That's true BUT... it's not hard to do when you can just type in "Shadow" in campaign on the world map thing and then join games that are almost done. That's what I have been doing, and getting a lot of pinks in no time.

I R LAZY.

Lol this is supposed to be considered a good thing? That some people do the work and others can just drop in for the final GUARANTEED piece of loot (that isn't worth much anyway because of that)?

No matter how I look at all this, there's just no benefit to it.

superglut2
01-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Lol yea.. This update WOULD have been great with a LOW drop rate! But with this droprate its just driving even more players away next week...

xuz
01-11-2011, 04:35 PM
yea i also noticed, that the population on that day raised to about 2.5k + but more people will continue to leave

MoonYeol
01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Maybe it's all part of a bigger scheme. To and make everything useless except the best lvl 50 gears. Later, they will raise the lvl cap to 55 and you will need those gears, then they will lower the drop rates making everybody who already got their gears demigods in the new world of Pocket Legends. Where 300 players on 1000 characters own the universe.

Gaddy
01-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Supply and demand is stupid?

I made out like a king last night in the new item frenzy...

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Supply and demand is stupid?

I made out like a king last night in the new item frenzy...

Wow good for you. You played for an hour and got rich. Now what?

Gaddy
01-11-2011, 05:49 PM
actually, it took all night, and I traded as if my life depended on it...

I had practically nothing to begin with - 250k and a hate shield.

I've seen these sorts of "new item frenzies" in many MMOs many times in the past, and played the market accordingly.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 05:51 PM
You didn't answer my question, though -- now what?

Gaddy
01-11-2011, 06:03 PM
I've still got a lot of the game to discover...

Also, I like PVP but have not been able to join in before now due to not having enough elite gear.

Also, also- I find playing the market fun! But I certainly understand the frustration elder players must feel. I'm new to this game but I've seen this sort of situation in several other smaller scale MMOs (my preferred type of game) in the past.

Hopefully the new content will prove enjoyable for all!

RedRyder
01-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Honestly idc. I made 600k from having nothin before yesterdays patch. I still have all my cosmo void and rift

MoarPewPew
01-11-2011, 06:31 PM
There are two ao3 pinks that still make me profit from buying and selling. :)

Also the market will only get worse from here. :D.

Phoenixking
01-11-2011, 06:49 PM
!!!well imo we really need vareity in items design there is three kinds of kite sheilds all with a different color three kinds of skull helms red blue and black three kinds of premuim ice weapon blue-white black-white and green-white i mean seriosly devs are reapiting themselves three guns with the same sound two mbs of differnt colors cmon devs come up with new items!!!

xuz
01-12-2011, 01:32 AM
give the devs some credit there trying to think of new content and also having to deal with players opinions
(likes and dislikes) so they have to worry about market, campaigns, pvping, looks, stats eveything. also lesriders correct

Now what? we made all our money we farmed the hell outa every campaign. we above average richer than others and we reached higher lvls.

what now > get richer, make more accounts, pvp?

Fyrce
01-12-2011, 02:58 AM
There lots more of this game I am still exploring. With all the complaining, I'm wondering whether I'm the only one with not enough time to discover everything in a week and be bored...?

I thought the new content was great, the market crash was amazing, and everything is fun and interesting again as I wonder what players will do next and what goes up and what goes down and what area will be popular and what runs will substitute, etc. Sounds like I'm in the minority. Oh well.

Riccits
01-12-2011, 03:01 AM
yeah it was easy to make a lot money lol!
clueless of ppl is amazing....

xuz
01-12-2011, 03:48 AM
agreed also thanks for all the feedback hoping for more...