PDA

View Full Version : What comes next........

Energizeric
07-18-2014, 10:31 PM
I've been thinking all week of how to expand on a previous post I made about new mythic helms and armors, and I have come up with the details.....

While the Goblin & Ursoth events have been great, a new problems exists which is what will we all do with ourselves once the event is over. Farming elite Tindirin dungeons is no longer very interesting, especially the ones that give the magma helms and armors. Due to the release of the new mythic weapons, even the magma weapons are no longer very interesting, except perhaps for the warrior's magma claymore.

This idea will return interest to farming both elite and non-elite Tindirin dungeons until the next expansion....

1) New level 41 mythic helms and armors will be released.

2) Unlike other mythics, these will NOT drop from locked grand crates of the watch.

3) These mythic helms and armors can be purchased from the dragkin teeth vendor for 300 dragkin teeth each.

4) Two new locked crates will be introduced to the game: Rendtail's Locked Mythic Crate & Rendtail's Locked Arcane Crate

5) Rendtail's Locked Mythic Crate will drop very rarely from all elite Tindirin bosses. This crate will be a mythic rarity item, and as such can be re-rolled from a legendary item. Looting one will give you the mythic achievement.

6) Rendtail's Locked Mythic Crate will cost 500 plat to open, and will always give one of the new mythic helms or armors. Which one you get is random.

7) Rendtail's Locked Arcane Crate will drop very rarely only from elite Rendtail. This crate will be an arcane rarity item, and as such can be re-rolled from a mythic item. Looting one will give you the arcane achievement.

8) Rendtail's Locked Arcane Crate will cost 1500 plat to open, and will always give one of the following arcane items: Singe Egg, Samael Egg, Maul of Ollerus, Ker'shal Scepter, Arcane Shard.

9) Both Rendtail's Locked Mythic Crate & Rendtail's Locked Arcane Crate will be tradable.

10) Both Rendtail's Locked Mythic Crate & Rendtail's Locked Arcane Crate will be discontinued when season 6 ends, at which time the level 41 mythic helms and armors will only be obtainable from the dragkin teeth vendor (or by purchasing them from another player or from the auction).

11) A new item called a Dragkin Teeth Bundle will be found very rarely in Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. These will be tradable, and will contain 5 Dragkin teeth each when opened.

This update would have something for everybody... elite farmers, non-elite farmers, and crate openers will all have a way to obtain the new mythic helms and armors. However, it will take time and will keep us busy for a while, all while giving us the chance to loot mythic and arcane items directly from an elite boss -- something many of us have wanted for a long time.

Given the high cost in plat of opening the new mythic & arcane crates, and the luck elixirs that would be used while farming for them, STS should see a nice increase in plat revenue.

Instanthumor
07-18-2014, 10:34 PM
First glance: too complicated

I'll read this later... :p

Euldor
07-18-2014, 10:38 PM
First glance: too complicated

I'll read this later... :p

Yep. One of those TLDR worthy posts.

keikali
07-18-2014, 10:44 PM

Morholt
07-18-2014, 10:50 PM
300 teeth? Sounds like they'd be giving mythics away...

SacredKnight
07-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Hmmmm 300 teeth vs 500 plat, seems like an incredibly easy decision. In my perspective the 500 plat and 1500 plat cost is a bit steep.... considering the fact that is is probable that one could loot an Arcane item within 1500 plat, also the fact that it is probable but unlikely that one loots something of great value in the first few crates... All in all....you should consider reducing the plat cost and increasing the teeth cost.

This would also cause of flux of mythic armor and other elite tindirin gear, would it not? Seeing as people are farming teeth and crates various items would drop and their value would plummet considerably.. also one would probably rather wait for another to sell the new mythics and buy them for gold which is either earned via crates or some other form.

All in all I think this is an interesting idea to keep us at bay,
I like it ;)

Arpluvial
07-18-2014, 11:19 PM
I am moving this thread to the AL Suggestions and Feedback area of the forums.

pengetahuan
07-19-2014, 12:00 AM
why make new mythic level 41 armor and helmet? why not upgrade mythic armor and helmet lvl 36 to 41

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Xeusx
07-19-2014, 12:14 AM
why make new mythic level 41 armor and helmet? why not upgrade mythic armor and helmet lvl 36 to 41

Won't happen about upgrade to 41, never. Worse if STS implement this again.

Lunareclipsee
07-19-2014, 01:24 AM
hey, u shld work for sts xD

Zorin
07-19-2014, 03:14 AM
I like your ideas here Energizeric :)

STS, implement these nao!

Energizeric
07-19-2014, 03:23 AM
Hmmmm 300 teeth vs 500 plat, seems like an incredibly easy decision. In my perspective the 500 plat and 1500 plat cost is a bit steep.... considering the fact that is is probable that one could loot an Arcane item within 1500 plat, also the fact that it is probable but unlikely that one loots something of great value in the first few crates... All in all....you should consider reducing the plat cost and increasing the teeth cost.

Do you know how long it takes to farm 300 teeth? In the non-elite tindirin dungeons, you get about 1 every 10 runs or so, and in elite maybe 1 every 3 runs. So you are talking a ton of runs, and it will take months (which is kind of the whole point of this). So they will have a nice value, and if you work hard for it you can then choose to sell it for a ton of cash. But there are not going to be any of these floating around the first week. It will take time.

As for the cost of 500 and 1500 plat, remember that the mythic or arcane item is guaranteed. It's not a "chance" to loot these like regular locked crates. 100% chance.

Also, it is NOT probable that one will loot an arcane item with 1500 plat. I would say it is not even probable with 5000 plat. It's not even probable to loot a mythic item with 1500 plat. 1500 plat is 100 locked crates. Yes you can get lucky, but on average you have to open probably 10 times more than that to loot an arcane item. I've personally opened over 300 locked crates and never looted a mythic or arcane item, and I've spoken to many players who have similar experiences. The odds are probably much worse than you think. We only tend to hear the stories of great luck. But the players who have made fortunes from locked crates have opened a ton of them in most cases.

Ishtmeet
07-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Idea of those locked crates is awesome. They should implement it. Guess, the price of that arcane locked will be 1m+? Lol
+1

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Haligali
07-19-2014, 07:49 AM

Agree, i worked soo soo hard for my mythics, i wanna use them forever. :banana:

#nevereverbuyingnewgear

Crowsfoot
07-19-2014, 09:37 AM

Problems:

1) introduces too much into the game. This is essentially a client update if you want to go ham for the level 46 or 51 cap and add a system similar to this. You go. But, we are too far into level 41 to add this now.

2) I don't like the idea of mythic and arcane items being dropped from elite directly as an item players then must spend plat to open. Markets controlled by elite players are always low balled by plat users who are a majority of the consumer and this elite items lose value quickly.

3) This system is way too expansion dependent. A more generic version that can easily be adapted after each level cap raise (like locks) would be more desirable.

I do, however, like the core idea and see potential.

*Counter Proposal: We take a tip from S1 and cross that with locks. We add a second elite chest farmable from any elite boss of the most current maps. It is legendary in rarity and tradeable it can be enhanced with recipes and quests that involve multiples of the chest and some currency (Dragkin teeth or a next season equivalent) to forge more desirable versons which are only gainable through enhancement. Enhanced versions of the new chest should be nontradable as to only allowend game playersto have them.

Ideally, gaining a guaranteed Mythic drop chest will be dependent on a large amount of time crafting the previous stages and some other form of time investment that plat players can't bypass such as quests. The same should apply to a guaranteed Arcane drop chest, but it should use guaranteed Mythic drop chests as its base chest for the beginning of the quest/crafting line.

Guarunteed Mythic and Arcane chests grant the achievement upon completion and are traceable. They are unlocked using an elite currency as to avoid excluding the opening of them from the creator.

Guaranteed Mythic drop chests should drop all current mythic pets as eggs, and the new helm and armor.

Guaranteed Arcane drop chests should drop all current arcane pets as eggs, and a new shard which can be crafted into any of the three new arcane weapons.

Both should have their drop rates balanced as the locks do to control loot dispersion.

Notes:

1) The arcane shard is one item that is desired by all three classes instead of one, this is why it Haas the highest price of any arcane weapon. A second form of dispersion would help lower the cost to a more reasonable amount.

2) Mythic and Arcane Eggs have never been dropped from elite to avoid conflict with the more desired Mythic and Arcane gear in elite golden chests. This system allows elite players to farm (sort of) these highly desirable pets for the first time.

3) This system should encourage plat spending during the long crafting process, and mandatory skill and time investment during the quest line.

4) the multiple stages of the chests are generic and thus can be adapted to each new expansion with ease. Quests will require you to kill elite bosses or other tasks only at the current cap. This keeps the items difficult to create and constantly evolving.

5) the currency or essence used in crafting should also be generic and only farmable at each seasons respective level cap maps (eg this season would be Tindirin maps).

Bigboyblue
07-19-2014, 09:40 AM
I like this idea a lot. People take a second look over the OP. It is a great way to keep people interested in playing the game and gives free players a fighting chance. These new crates will sell for a good sum of gold. These crates will be immensely rare though. I don't think I've ever received a legendary drop without a reroll. Are they actually on the drop table? If not obviously STS would add legendary and mythics as standard non reroll drops for elite tindrin so you can reroll these to a higher quality item(the new chests). Even if STS doesn't want to add an arcane chest at least add the mythics chests.

300 dragkin teeth is a large amount. I think it is a suitable number. The problem here is it doesn't generate revenue for STS. I don't see them doing this. However, they need to add gear to the tooth vendor that people actually want. Please add something STS.

Crowsfoot
07-19-2014, 10:51 AM
Just a reminder that the next expansion should be coming out around September-October based on STG's 6 month per expansion estimate.

It is a little late to add this in for this season.

tharidom
07-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Meh this means all plat spenders will have cool items and prices will go down quickly:/.

nelson131
07-19-2014, 11:27 AM
awesome! energizeric always gives out great ideas
+100

Energizeric
07-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Meh this means all plat spenders will have cool items and prices will go down quickly:/.

Actually the main purpose of this idea, other than finding a way to keep players interested in farming the tindirin dungeons, is to give non-plat players a chance to make a fortune. First, any player can farm dragkin teeth to get the helm and armor, and then they can sell them for big money if they want. Second, these two new crates will sell for a large fortune of gold, and they drop from bosses, so anyone who loots a crate can sell and make a lot of money.

This is much different than the current system in which locked crates have such a small chance of giving anything good, that they sell for very small amounts of gold. The idea here is to give non-plat players a chance to strike it rich. Currently the only way is to get lucky on consecutive rolls -- you must get lucky enough to loot an elite golden chest (I've not looted one in months), and then you must get lucky to be the 0.1% of players who will loot an arcane or mythic item from that chest. It's such a low chance that most players do not even try. Having a direct drop from bosses will keep people more interested in farming and will crate excitement. There is something more fun about seeing a player get an actual drop rather than just having him tell you he looted a good item from a chest or crate.

RDX
07-19-2014, 11:16 PM
Gud idea for both farmers and lock openers .worth buying plat.

carel86
07-22-2014, 03:52 AM

#nevereverbuyingnewgear

agreeeeeedddd, please make us can upgrade again our myhtic set lvl 36 to lvl 41, and just make another version of mythic set lvl 41 that can be got from locked, just make the difference at their appereance and their secondary stats, everyone will be happy.... win win solution

Xeusx
07-22-2014, 04:12 AM
agreeeeeedddd, please make us can upgrade again our myhtic set lvl 36 to lvl 41, and just make another version of mythic set lvl 41 that can be got from locked, just make the difference at their appereance and their secondary stats, everyone will be happy.... win win solution
*facepalm*

Won't happen about upgrade to 41, never. Worse if STS implement this again.

Serancha
07-22-2014, 04:23 AM

#nevereverbuyingnewgear

LMAO Hali, you've had your mythics as long as I've had mine.

#samehelmfor15months

kjed
07-22-2014, 06:00 AM
+1 for this idea..if this would be implemented imo sts and customers gets a win-win situation

Haligali
07-22-2014, 08:41 AM

yess pliis, and since nothing else left to spend gold, people can pay 100m+ for a ring or a pet. :stupid:

LMAO Hali, you've had your mythics as long as I've had mine.

#samehelmfor15months

all my mythics more than year old, helm was with different look when i bought.

MoloToha
07-22-2014, 09:02 AM
It's a nice idea, but are you sure that these crates won't be overfarmed? You know, when you stack Klaas+kit+combo elixir+lep, you get 25%+25%+30%+15%=95% re-roll chance (yes, they sum when stacking). If they are introduced, they will have to be unable to obtain by re-roll.

Talking about Dragkin Teeth bundles, don't forget that Dragonite Bar will be worth 30 bundles, which means that each bundle should cost 800k/30=26.(6)k gold (in order to keep prices stable). According to this, I should assume that their rarity shouldn't be so high, but not low. We don't need another price fall.

Anarchial
07-22-2014, 09:23 AM
It's a nice idea, but are you sure that these crates won't be overfarmed? You know, when you stack Klaas+kit+combo elixir+lep, you get 25%+25%+30%+15%=95% re-roll chance (yes, they sum when stacking). If they are introduced, they will have to be unable to obtain by re-roll.

Talking about Dragkin Teeth bundles, don't forget that Dragonite Bar will be worth 30 bundles, which means that each bundle should cost 800k/30=26.(6)k gold (in order to keep prices stable). According to this, I should assume that their rarity shouldn't be so high, but not low. We don't need another price fall.

Although I understand your concern but just wanted to point out that klass lix doesnt get stacked with kit lix, because as confirmed by devs same percentage lixes do not get stacked

MoloToha
07-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Although I understand your concern but just wanted to point out that klass lix doesnt get stacked with kit lix, because as confirmed by devs same percentage lixes do not get stacked

Ok, I will keep that in mind. Anyway, 70% re-roll chance is still pretty high.

warriorromio
07-22-2014, 02:17 PM
Wait .
Add a new quist to craft upgrade new mythic armor..
Like...
U need 2 dragonight bars for each helm and armor...
Or another item like bar...
Like mythic armor shard and mythic helm shard....
They can be looted in locked grand crate of the watch or...
From tokken vendor ...
Add a draking teeth purchase for plat..
Or can add them to locked grands...
But buying them from vendor....
U have to complet a very very hard quist...
And for putting them on craft..
U need to go to krag and complet a special quiest of baladur..
And his man...
It will be better then anything else

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
07-22-2014, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't mind if they wanted to make the level 36 mythic helm and armor upgradable again, but make it a hard quest. So instead of having these new crates dropping from elite bosses, you could instead have some rare crafting component dropping from them, and then that crafting component, plus a dragonite bar could be the necessary crafting components to upgrade each mythic helm or armor. That would work.

Just give us something to work for and some reason to farm elite dungeons again!

SacredKnight
07-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Do you know how long it takes to farm 300 teeth? In the non-elite tindirin dungeons, you get about 1 every 10 runs or so, and in elite maybe 1 every 3 runs. So you are talking a ton of runs, and it will take months (which is kind of the whole point of this). So they will have a nice value, and if you work hard for it you can then choose to sell it for a ton of cash. But there are not going to be any of these floating around the first week. It will take time.

As for the cost of 500 and 1500 plat, remember that the mythic or arcane item is guaranteed. It's not a "chance" to loot these like regular locked crates. 100% chance.

Also, it is NOT probable that one will loot an arcane item with 1500 plat. I would say it is not even probable with 5000 plat. It's not even probable to loot a mythic item with 1500 plat. 1500 plat is 100 locked crates. Yes you can get lucky, but on average you have to open probably 10 times more than that to loot an arcane item. I've personally opened over 300 locked crates and never looted a mythic or arcane item, and I've spoken to many players who have similar experiences. The odds are probably much worse than you think. We only tend to hear the stories of great luck. But the players who have made fortunes from locked crates have opened a ton of them in most cases.

I understand what you mean however the 500 plat option isn't viable for free to play players and even though 300 teeth is quite a lot it is the only path some people can take. Also, there should be a "freemium" option too for the Arcane Crates, realistically that would probably be quite a large quantity of teeth but that is still keeping tat "F2P" perspective..

Energizeric
07-22-2014, 10:29 PM
I understand what you mean however the 500 plat option isn't viable for free to play players and even though 300 teeth is quite a lot it is the only path some people can take. Also, there should be a "freemium" option too for the Arcane Crates, realistically that would probably be quite a large quantity of teeth but that is still keeping tat "F2P" perspective..

I understand that. I didn't expect any locked crates to be opened by non-plat players. I would imagine a non-plat player would sell the crate instead of opening it. I'd imagine if you looted the arcane locked crate you could sell it for 10-20m at least. At that price I'm pretty sure even the non-plat players would be farming them like crazy.

Ninjasmurf
07-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Bad idea. A crate with 100% chance of arcane or mythic will ruin the market even worse.

Bigboyblue
07-24-2014, 06:34 AM
Bad idea. A crate with 100% chance of arcane or mythic will ruin the market even worse.

How would this ruin the market?

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 06:02 PM

Not if they are super rare.

lethaljade
07-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Alls I read was 500 plat for a mythic crate, that was enough for me to write this comment and leave this thread.

Milan Lame Man
07-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Alls I read was 500 plat for a mythic crate, that was enough for me to write this comment and leave this thread.
It's not really a comment at all :beaten:

Anyway obviously the cost to open an all-myth crate would have to be around 1500-3000 plat (100-200 times normal locked).
From Conradev's report (7 arcanes in 13k crates), cost to open an arcane chest would have to be around 20-30k plat.
Also if this is implemented, it would reveal the true chance for mythics and arcanes in Lockeds. STS is doing what they can to keep it a secret, maybe even changing the chance from time to time.

And again, Energ, don't underestimate the determination of free farmers. If it can be obtained for free, many people will go at it. STS has to make sure they get enough plat even if these new Locks flood the market - since they will.

lethaljade
07-27-2014, 02:48 PM
It's not really a comment at all :beaten:

Anyway obviously the cost to open an all-myth crate would have to be around 1500-3000 plat (100-200 times normal locked).
From Conradev's report (7 arcanes in 13k crates), cost to open an arcane chest would have to be around 20-30k plat.
Also if this is implemented, it would reveal the true chance for mythics and arcanes in Lockeds. STS is doing what they can to keep it a secret, maybe even changing the chance from time to time.

And again, Energ, don't underestimate the determination of free farmers. If it can be obtained for free, many people will go at it. STS has to make sure they get enough plat even if these new Locks flood the market - since they will.

This is just a horrible idea, the crates would be over farmed, and the arcanes such as hammerjaw and glacian would be cheaper then they already are, or the opposite affect theese crates would stabilise at a high price plus investing 1500 plat to open this chest, I might as well just buy an arcane egg, also limites us to only looting 1 item. this idea isnt thought through properly, if you had made a post about free arcanes falling from the sky I would of taken you more seriously, sorry, but that would just never work out so many other issues with it too, which I don't have time to list.

Energizeric
07-29-2014, 10:53 PM

First of all, players spending more hours playing is a good thing for the game in general.

Second, any loss of revenue from players not opening locked crates will be made up in luck elixir sales, because in order to ever have a chance to loot one of these crates you are going to need to run with a luck elixir. Remember that to loot a mythic crate, you would have had to roll a legendary item WITHOUT a re-roll, and then be lucky enough to have it re-roll into a mythic. And for the arcane crate, that one would be like winning the lottery.

So let players run these dungeons over and over. It would be like dragon items in PL before they increased the drop rate. I farmed dragon items in the Mt. Fang dungeons many runs per day for months and never even saw one drop to anyone in my party. And they went for 10-20m per item even though they could be farmed and everyone was farming for them all the time. The same could be done in AL as was done in PL. They can indeed keep it very rare.

Remember we are talking 2 color rarities above legendary. Nothing that rare has ever dropped from any boss in AL since season 1. This would likely be 100 times as rare as elite legendary drops. Most players could spend months farming them and never even see one drop.

Filthyness
07-30-2014, 12:37 AM

it will be just as now , not everyone is a platinum user so only few will open for 1500 plat , and if its really rare and cant be traded it would do the job