PDA

View Full Version : Shady N Surge vs Samuel

Madxnoob
07-19-2014, 11:11 AM
So were a couple days from winning our egg and everyone says their selling because Samuel is better. In my opinion, Shady will win 1vs1 in lets say a rogue fight. 40+ primary,crit, an dmg and a useless hp regen on Shady with unknown healing and damage on arcane, I think if the damage and healing is anygood or last very long, it will beat Samuel fast. Samuel user's say with Sam's stun and hp and mana regen, that its still the best. So my question is should I open or sell and buy me a Sam? I really want to open shady but, I dont want to be dissappointed (...small suggestion), switching hp regen to mana regen. Pro's & Con's?

nelson131
07-19-2014, 12:37 PM
sam def better. u rogue?

Madxnoob
07-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Yes, im rogue..kinda dissapointing Sam is better, 4hrs of sleep and a swollen thumb for 3 week, I expect to get me an Op pet :'( Maybe we just havent seen how good the heal and damage is..

Zeus
07-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Yes, im rogue..kinda dissapointing Sam is better, 4hrs of sleep and a swollen thumb for 3 week, I expect to get me an Op pet :'( Maybe we just havent seen how good the heal and damage is..

The heal is good but the damage is lol if I'm not mistaken (I saw the AA in action). Also, the pools do not last relatively long.

Madxnoob
07-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Well, thats good information. I expect it to start off like whim bro's and not be to good at first. Correct damage and time length of pools later.

Madnex
07-19-2014, 09:43 PM
This is a warrior pet, at best. Let me explain:

Sorcerers require a stun to be able to compete with the other two classes, even with their 150 armor boost using the Gnarled myth gun. Juggernaut overrides both stun and panic as well.
Rogues who can afford to open it are already rocking 45+ critical rate and they can already onecombo each other and smurfs using Samael. No realistic difference with the insane current damage even when going against warriors.

Statistical increase comparing to Samael:

50 HP from +5 extra STR (Samael has 100 HP),
30 HP, ~8 damage, 0.5% critical rate from 10 extra DEX,
75 HP, ~4 damage, 300 MP from extra 15 INT.
TOTAL: 155 extra HP, ~12 damage, 0.5% critical rate, 300 MP.
[*=1]ANALYSIS:
[*=1]155 HP: Nice boost, not very noticeable though (eg. 4200 to 4355).
[*=1]~12 damage: Not going to make a notable difference either.
[*=1]0.5 critical: The least noticeable difference.
[*=1]6 H/S regen: Samael's passive easily wins here with 140 H/2s.
[*=1]300 MP: Might look nice since this equals to almost three more Aimed Shots or one more AS + SP or almost one more AS + NB + SP combo. However, Samael's MP regen replenishes 53 MP per two seconds which means that unless you die before your second packs are ready to deploy, your MP is actually less.
[*=1]Keep in mind that a two second panic from either Samael's ~60% AA rate or 10% from passive ends the battle right there.

So is this pet really worth four and five times up the price of our trusty Samael?

I'd say, nooooope.

keikali
07-19-2014, 10:02 PM
The heal is good but the damage is lol if I'm not mistaken (I saw the AA in action). Also, the pools do not last relatively long.

I can confirm this. The healing pools are great, but the DoT damage pools are nothing worthile to talk about.

The only thing I can see this may be helpful in is clashes since there will be pools of both DoT and Healing on the floors spread within the perimeter of the AA Range. While damaging your opponents and healing your team at the same time. However the duration of the pools are not that long and the CD is about average.

Kakashis
07-19-2014, 11:17 PM
As others have stated already, no this pet will not defeat Samael. In fact, most people I know that ran the contest except a few ultra rich with all the Arcane pets already aren't planning to hatch. Have to wait and see how the demand is, but come on, in elites nothing beats a sure stunning possible banishment. One banishment alone is worth 150,000 hit points. There's nothing quite like it to date.

Limsi
07-19-2014, 11:55 PM
If it's a rogue vs rogue fight, you won't need the pool from SnS. First to combo and crit wins. However when against a mage or tank, then i guess a little bit of variety won't hurt. I'd like to see a diff playstyle not relying on stun.

In my opinion, i'd sell it and go and buy myself a banishment machine, samael.

Park Hyun Joo
07-20-2014, 08:53 AM
It is better usage of mage

Xeusx
07-20-2014, 09:00 AM
I hope there is better arcane pet than Samael, singe and SnS lose, this is totally beast Samael.

Park Hyun Joo
07-20-2014, 09:36 AM
The heck still samael.. Shady is better use for mage support type yayay

Park Hyun Joo
07-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Samael for killers shady for support! go go go! yay!

Xeusx
07-20-2014, 10:31 AM
The heck still samael.. Shady is better use for mage support type yayay

Samael for killers shady for support! go go go! yay!
Please do not spam.
Mage support? Tell me why or you just wasting time for posting this.

Cero
07-21-2014, 09:22 PM
So is this pet really worth four and five times up the price of our trusty Samael?

I'd say, nooooope.

[/INDENT]

Haha too bad for there is a guy who traded his arcane ring for it.

Note: He was soo proud and bragging about the trade and his pet
when he was showing it off in game. Lmao

Zeus
07-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Watch it in a clash before laughing at him. :)

kixkaxx
07-21-2014, 10:37 PM
This is a warrior pet, at best. Let me explain:

Sorcerers require a stun to be able to compete with the other two classes, even with their 150 armor boost using the Gnarled myth gun. Fireball stuns can be dodged, a real possibility when rogues have 50% dodge (although it doesn't happen as frequent as you'd expect). Juggernaut overrides both stun and panic as well.
Rogues who can afford to open it are already rocking 45+ critical rate and they can already onecombo each other and smurfs using Samael. No realistic difference with the insane current damage even when going against warriors.

Statistical increase comparing to Samael:

50 HP from +5 extra STR (Samael has 100 HP),
30 HP, ~8 damage, 0.5% critical rate from 10 extra DEX,
75 HP, ~4 damage, 300 MP from extra 15 INT.
TOTAL: 155 extra HP, ~12 damage, 0.5% critical rate, 300 MP.
[*=1]ANALYSIS:
[*=1]155 HP: Nice boost, not very noticeable though (eg. 4200 to 4355).
[*=1]~12 damage: Not going to make a notable difference either.
[*=1]0.5 critical: The least noticeable difference.
[*=1]6 H/S regen: Samael's passive easily wins here with 140 H/2s.
[*=1]300 MP: Might look nice since this equals to almost three more Aimed Shots or one more AS + SP or almost one more AS + NB + SP combo. However, Samael's MP regen replenishes 53 MP per two seconds which means that unless you die before your second packs are ready to deploy, your MP is actually less.
[*=1]Keep in mind that a two second panic from either Samael's ~60% AA rate or 10% from passive ends the battle right there.

I'd say, nooooope.

Agreed, not to mention that Samael's passive mana regen depends on level, so it will be more and more powerful when lvl cap increases.

Madnex
07-22-2014, 03:27 AM
I did laugh lol. It appears OP because people have not adjusted yet. The blind rush in a tight hallway in ctf is no longer going to work. Even assuming the dot won't get nerfed, you can still out-strategize your opponent and use his pet's AA to your advantage. :)

grzena1982
07-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Exactly my own thoughts. Its worth to say that when it comes to raw stats s&s wins, but taking all factors into condideration the pet is no match for deadly Sam.

I was also able to test the pools and they truely dont last that long. Smth i could hardly reach one before they disappear. Its hard to say though what the effect is on 41lvl. If they heal u for 50-100% of health rather then a small portion, then i would need to have one. For now the arcane ability visually looks cool, but its useless.

Skeokateva
07-22-2014, 12:10 PM
I would wait a lil while,,, just to give devs enough time to edit/fix sns if they r planning to, who knows how devs in vision sns, there's always the slight possibility that the pet will get edited, and sam seems to stay around the same price anyways. But thats just my opinion, I'm not saying wait 4evr, just give a lil buffer to feel it out b4 open or sell.

nelson131
07-22-2014, 03:20 PM
if i could choose, arcane ring def> SnS, especialy u got sammy to choose from too!

Bless
07-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Its way too op in clash...

Also, the pools are still in effect even if the user is stunned, so thats the upside.

inkredible
07-22-2014, 04:47 PM
its op in clashes, i personally think this pet is meant for pve and clash
three stack of damage pools (without healing ) can get a warrior with arcane ring down to 10% or even to his death

samael however is great for both pve and any pvp ..clash ..1v1..
it may come down to someones preferals.. since i am more of a clash type of guy i considered opening SnS but i decided to sell it because overall i think samael is better
and plus everyone yelled at me to not open it lmao

Zeus
07-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Exactly my own thoughts. Its worth to say that when it comes to raw stats s&s wins, but taking all factors into condideration the pet is no match for deadly Sam.

I was also able to test the pools and they truely dont last that long. Smth i could hardly reach one before they disappear. Its hard to say though what the effect is on 41lvl. If they heal u for 50-100% of health rather then a small portion, then i would need to have one. For now the arcane ability visually looks cool, but its useless.

It heals you for 100% of health in end game if you stay in them long enough.

Zeus
07-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Samael does not need to be the best in every category. It still is the best in a majority of the categories. Really, what is the big deal if SnS beats it in some categories?

Please don't nerf a pet that players have spent 3 weeks or more running for.

Madxnoob
07-22-2014, 11:13 PM
It heals you for 100% of health in end game if you stay in them long enough.

My level 10 SnS must be nerfed, caused it doesn't heal but..5%, hoesntly I opened it on accident and would like it re-egged :'(, the crit is less than glacian's, idk why, the dmg could be better from the pools. Hp regen could be switched to mana regen, im not even sure if the +40 primary stayz true cause i feel weak on that thing. Re-egg me please v.v twas an accident and would like samuel >_>

epicrrr
07-23-2014, 12:24 AM
How the f did it reach arcane ring price, too many rich people @secret they wont re-egged it if its higher than level 1 especially an egg with 100m price tag.
I wouldve sell it if it was me, someone on Kronos got 2 shady egg and "will sell while the price is hot". Whatever your decision just stand firm on it, regret will just cause you despair lol.

:banana:

inkredible
07-23-2014, 06:22 AM
My level 10 SnS must be nerfed, caused it doesn't heal but..5%, hoesntly I opened it on accident and would like it re-egged :'(, the crit is less than glacian's, idk why, the dmg could be better from the pools. Hp regen could be switched to mana regen, im not even sure if the +40 primary stayz true cause i feel weak on that thing. Re-egg me please v.v twas an accident and would like samuel >_>

shoudlve pmed support before you levelled it

Madxnoob
07-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks for reminding me, not like I knew re-egging was possible or I wouldnt of leveled, but thats between me & sts. If I have to keep it, ill just consider it a trophy and use it to put disco lights out for people. >_>

Brollysaiyan
07-23-2014, 09:54 AM
dovabear better heheh :)

Haligali
07-24-2014, 03:34 AM
its op in clashes, i personally think this pet is meant for pve and clash
three stack of damage pools (without healing ) can get a warrior with arcane ring down to 10% or even to his death

samael however is great for both pve and any pvp ..clash ..1v1..
it may come down to someones preferals.. since i am more of a clash type of guy i considered opening SnS but i decided to sell it because overall i think samael is better
and plus everyone yelled at me to not open it lmao

Its not so op as people think, yes it can 'wipe out' you if you stand in stacked pools without jugg, horn, shield on, but in a real situation never happens. Its just another dot in the clash, but a very strong one, while a well timed samael arcane ability(or lucky passive terrify), gun proc, or maul proc can win the battle.

Hadec
07-24-2014, 03:41 AM
imo samael is better in a lot of things...but thats just me :)

inkredible
07-24-2014, 06:02 AM
peoples opinion will change in time, anything that has a lot of surface area like tdm.. pve.. sns is not good with, i changed my mind about pve
sns is good for arena , ctf, thats about it

Cero
07-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Lol wasted s&s.
Close this thread. Hahaha
Owned!!!

Haligali
08-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Honestly, i can hardly imagine a better pet than samael. Some pets got crazy stats, some pet abilites seems very op, but the end samael always wins.