PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this makes any sense, but I'm even more bored now =[

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm not really ranting, just wondering if anyone else feels this way.

After getting all 3 sets, I'm even more bored than I was before this update.

Nobody farms any Ao3 anymore for good reason, there goes the majority of my gameplay.

Nobody buys Ao3 pinks, which is where I spent a good amount of my time (merchanting)

:/

Thoughts?

FluffNStuff
01-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Go sledding.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Of course, makes perfect sense. Why play the game when gold means nothing and you already have the best loot?

dude5390
01-11-2011, 03:10 PM
yea... take a break of P.L and go out and play outside :)

krazii
01-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Sell me your green ice.

Edit: Give, not sell

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Of course, makes perfect sense. Why play the game when gold means nothing and you already have the best loot?
This man only speaks the truth.

:/ Literally, having gold at level 50 is rather useless these days. Unless you're an idiot and collect Green Ice items like me, and even then, who cares.

Cascade
01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Solution-Devs need to make end game interesting...Yesterdays update didn't stall us at all...Not bashing you devs...It was fun for a little bit...But you just need to make end game fun...

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Honestly, it was kinda a double sided coin.

If the sets were not as good as Rift/Void/Cosmo(or even better), people would complain that the update was useless.

If it was overpowered(as it is) people complain that it ruined the game.

I honestly think there is no reason they should have added sets.

Maybe a weapon for each class, and NOT a 100% drop. :/

Can anyone say ROLLBACK?

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Lol Cinco said they got the best feedback from the elite dungeon.
Not sure which forum he was reading...

Everyone who was bored within the first playthrough, raise your hand. <raise>

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:24 PM
/ <-raised hand.

Physiologic
01-11-2011, 03:29 PM
You seem like a smart mercher and in the several mmos I've played, the smart and rich merchers always end up with the same fate.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't see what could be good about this update.

Thanks for ruining economy, thanks for destroying the point of having gold, thanks for ripping the fun out of the game(whatever fun was left), thanks for making the majority of the decent end-game players quit? :/

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:32 PM
You seem like a smart mercher and in the several mmos I've played, the smart and rich merchers always end up with the same fate.

What is that fate? xD

Snakespeare
01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
And I have not played it, and I am not bored. Spent some time in VL, but then bailed out to level an alt.

So, I still must say this. Boredom is a choice. Don't blame others for boredom. Raise the bar. Try levelling without dying. It is hard, and you actually worry about your character. Try creating alts and disabling their XP at twink levels. Boost a noob. There are so many ways to make your game interesting. Why depend on others to raise your own interest levels? Take posession of your own entertainment. Otherwise, you're doomed to a life as a spectator.

Justg
01-11-2011, 03:35 PM

Thanks for ruining economy, thanks for destroying the point of having gold, thanks for ripping the fun out of the game(whatever fun was left), thanks for making the majority of the decent end-game players quit? :/

Drama much?

pretticlan
go farm every pink in the game LOL, or go pvp, or make a twink or. idk.. i got bored too so i quit before. OH so theres another option. quit for 2 months like me then come back lol

Refriedchicken
Drama much?

It's the truth bro. :/

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Drama much?

G, can I ask what you see instead?

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:36 PM
go farm every pink in the game LOL, or go pvp, or make a twink or. idk.. i got bored too so i quit before. OH so theres another option. quit for 2 months like me then come back lol

I have just about every decent pink, I sold them before the update (thankfully). I've already left my mark on PvP, got very repetitive after 2k or so kills. :/

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 03:37 PM

Most of us did, came back after all the hype of a new elite lvl 50 dungeon, to be done with it in less than one night.

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Most of us did, came back after all the hype of a new elite lvl 50 dungeon, do be done with it in less than one night.

ya and do that again in 2 months LOL.......jk
it mite be more fun if there was a decent guild system w guild rankings for pvp and etc.......

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
What would be the point of guilds? Really.

It's a 5 person party maximum, nothing besides stage 3 of the Shadow Cave is challenging.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Post 300, I feel like I've contributed.

Physiologic
01-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Boredom. Aside from making your own goals, once you've gotten all rare drops and have a ton of money there's nothing left to do.

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 03:41 PM
so quit? :D idk lol

Lesrider
Drama much?

If you guys can't take constructive criticism anymore, I'm not sure where you're heading...

Refriedchicken
so quit? :D idk lol

The majority of the good end-gamers already have. :/

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:42 PM
If you guys can't take constructive criticism anymore, I'm not sure where you're heading...

I've tried telling them this, it's not constructive because we didn't say anything positive, I guess.

I like the way the dual-daggers attack.

Justg
01-11-2011, 03:43 PM
G, can I ask what you see instead?

I see a free update with new levels and loot, and a very dramatic individual making vast claims about us ruining the game and driving the players away under the guise of "contributing".

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 03:44 PM

mm ya. they should try to improve on the parts that players dont like.

btw.. the new shadow cave rares were too easy to get.... which ruins the purpose of "elite" items...

@justg "ruining the game" is a bit exagerated, but some parts can be improved..

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I've tried telling them this, it's not constructive because we didn't say anything positive, I guess.

I like the way the dual-daggers attack.

I did in other posts. I don't feel like repeating the same thing over and over again. They hyped up this elite dungeon. I expected some new designs, some new enemies, perhaps some strategy needed. Not just 6 lvls of 150 high-Hp Djinns to grind through to get to a boss that is also just a higher-Hp enemy.

Give us something new, not rehashed.
The only reason they didn't charge for this was because everyone would have immediately asked for a refund.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:48 PM
I see a free update with new levels and loot, and a very dramatic individual making vast claims about us ruining the game and driving the players away under the guise of "contributing".

New loot that killed the old loot that people spent hours farming.

I'm just wondering, G, was the economy crashing intentional? o.o

Lesrider

So you find nothing wrong with introducing an ELITE dungeon that everyone was waiting in anticipation for, and were bored before one playthrough? Or that all the new gear can already be bought for pennies on the same night of release?
What reason does anyone have to play this dungeon now? It's not interesting and the loot is now worthless.

Kossi
Ok this was a great update!!!

Wana know why??? It was free!!!

Now stop complaining

Lesrider
New loot that killed the old loot that people spent hours farming.

I'm just wondering, G, was the economy crashing intentional? o.o

Cyber quests already started it. This just finished it.

Acyer
01-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Update was a blessing in my eyes, but the drop rate of pinks could have been lower. I mean its cool but 5 pinks drop at once. I ran vl hundreds of times to get a mega blaster only seen it drop once. I do the cave and see atleast 3 guns drop.

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 03:50 PM
So you find nothing wrong with introducing an ELITE dungeon that everyone was waiting in anticipation for, and were bored before one playthrough? Or that all the new gear can already be bought for pennies on the same night of release?
What reason does anyone have to play this dungeon now? It's not interesting and the loot is now worthless.

one way to come back from this is another new dungeon w diff sort of enemies, rarerrrr elite loots that r better..

Banned
I personally love the 100% pink drop rate. Sure the dungeons aren't flashy, and they do get pretty redundant. But it is difficult, and those pinks make it a really rewarding experience. No matter how boring, and vomit enducing it may be (for me anyway).

Also, I don't give a Mandarin DUCK about the economy.

Refriedchicken
Update was a blessing in my eyes, but the drop rate of pinks could have been lower. I mean its cool but 5 pinks drop at once. I ran vl hundreds of times to get a mega blaster only seen it drop once. I do the cave and see atleast 3 guns drop.

Then explain how that's a blessing, lol

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 03:51 PM
one way to come back from this is another new dungeon w diff sort of enemies, rarerrrr elite loots that r better..

Ok, but that still makes this update worthless. That's what they should have done in the first place.

krazii
01-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Lol Cinco said they got the best feedback from the elite dungeon.
Not sure which forum he was reading...

Everyone who was bored within the first playthrough, raise your hand. <raise>

Awww, cmon, you know you loved the 1000 pelt quest with a 1000 snowball quest chaser!,

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I honestly think it could have been intentional.

Maybe they're easing the transition to a new cap? o.o

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Awww, cmon, you know you loved the 1000 pelt quest with a 1000 snowball quest chaser!,

I think I got 300 and decided my time is better spent watching paint dry.

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Ok, but that still makes this update worthless. That's what they should have done in the first place.

thats the whole point of this thread. that this new update was close to worthless. economy ruined, people bored, pinks too easy, etc etc

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 03:55 PM

Wouldn't know, I bought FN before they added the new loot, returned it for a refund and never bought it back.

But I was still looking forward to a lvl 50 elite dungeon with some new challenges. Guess I should have kept my expectations low.

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Wouldn't know, I bought FN before they added the new loot, returned it for a refund and never bought it back.

But I was still looking forward to a lvl 50 elite dungeon with some new challenges. Guess I should have kept my expectations low.

they should make enemies that fight player style @.@ using our skills rofl

Moogerfooger

Would you like some cheese with your whine? Good God. You must be one of those players who always has to find something to complain about, no matter what. Dime a dozen, in any game.

Me personally...gonna go help my buds get to 50. Exciting/new/thrilling? Maybe not, but hey gotta look out for my buds and it gives me something to do when I play.

Refriedchicken
thats the whole point of this thread. that this new update was close to worthless. economy ruined, people bored, pinks too easy, etc etc

Exactly.

A response to G: I think it should have been 300 platinum, at least then, the Shadow items would be worth something, and the previous items would have been worth not liquidating in the inventory menu.

No lie, I liquidated my Keeper Staff, Cosmo Robe, OL Cosmo Helm. -.-

Not going to sit there for 4 hours and try to sell, or put it in the CS only to be undercut by 50%.

Acyer
Then explain how that's a blessing, lol

I actually didn't have to do keeper runs anymore......

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Would you like some cheese with your whine? Good God. You must be one of those players who always has to find something to complain about, no matter what. Dime a dozen, in any game.

Me personally...gonna go help my buds get to 50. Exciting/new/thrilling? Maybe not, but hey gotta look out for my buds and it gives me something to do when I play.

As far as I'm concerned you're agreeing with me with the "exciting/new/thrilling" comment.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I actually didn't have to do keeper runs anymore......

When a game gives people reasons not to play, that's not a good thing.

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
As far as I'm concerned you're agreeing with me with the "exciting/new/thrilling" comment.

we play games for stuff that r exciting/new/thrilling. or why else would we play a game...

Moogerfooger
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Also, I don't give a Mandarin DUCK about the economy.

Amen to that.

Banned
01-11-2011, 04:01 PM

I think he was talking about the particular activity he was partaking in (leveling friends).

superglut2
01-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Elite maps actually pissed me off cause now all my stuff is worthless.. And i lost A LOT of money..

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:04 PM
I think he was talking about the particular activity he was partaking in (leveling friends).

I know this.

He said "fun/exciting/new? maybe NOT"

-.-

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Elite maps actually pissed me off cause now all my stuff is worthless.. And i lost A LOT of money..

That essentially sums up this update.

Banned
01-11-2011, 04:08 PM
I know this.

He said "fun/exciting/new? maybe NOT"

-.-

Didn't you mean in general?

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Didn't you mean in general?

Whaaaaaa?!

Moogerfooger
01-11-2011, 04:10 PM

As far as I'm concerned, if it makes you feel better that I am "agreeing with you", knock yourself out, Sparky. I wasn't disagreeing that it couldn't have been better, but I can't stand it when people pi** and moan about free updates to games.

Is the update the most it could have been? No, of course not, as we are all discovering. On the other hand, it was free...which is good for a lot of players who may not be able to afford paying 30 or 300 plat (or whatever) for new dungeons. And it is something new, even if short, like someone else pointed out.

I personally think the devs are up to something and don't think for a second that they didn't think that the market would take a hit. I think they're up to something...a level cap raise, new high-end gear to go with that level cap raise, new missions, whatever...if they do any of those which is what most of us want anyway, the market as it was before yesterday was gonna get trashed anyway....so quit griping.

But until then, I'll help my buds level (which is what I meant by exciting/thrilling/new earlier), or do whatever to amuse myself...I'm not going to sit and drone on over and over how much this FREE update "sucks". I used to work in game dev, and updates take a lot more time, effort and money than a lot of people realize, even just an update like the Shadows.

Peace out.

Snakespeare
01-11-2011, 04:11 PM
More whining. I guess I have to scream now. LOL!

Why don't the two of you quit as threatened, or is it three of you? I mean, everyone else is having fun and all you do is whine.

Whaaaa... the price of my pink dropped before I could sell it. (Dude this game is not about selling pinks for high dollars.) Whaaaaa... I reached level 50 in two days leeching and now I am bored. (Dude, you cheated, and you only cheated yourself.) Whaaaa... I want to rush all bosses and get lots of pinks. (Dude, you are cheating, too.) Whaaa... now there are too many pinks. (Dude, you only mean that OTHER PEOPLE are getting them, too.) Whaaa... it's free and I still want to whine!!! (Dude, tell the truth, do you work for the competition?)

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
@Moog.

Bro, it has NOTHING to do with the update being "all it could be".

It's a matter of killing the entire game, as far as me, and the majority of end-game players are concerned.

I said a few pages back that I think the economy crash could be intentional, but that's a real dumb way to do it.

If so, and they plan on raising the cap very soon, that makes this whole cave update totally useless, no?

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 04:14 PM

Why don't the two of you quit as threatened, or is it three of you? I mean, everyone else is having fun and all you do is whine.

Whaaaa... the price of my pink dropped before I could sell it. (Dude this game is not about selling pinks for high dollars.) Whaaaaa... I reached level 50 in two days leeching and now I am bored. (Dude, you cheated, and you only cheated yourself.) Whaaaa... I want to rush all bosses and get lots of pinks. (Dude, you are cheating, too.) Whaaa... now there are too many pinks. (Dude, you only mean that OTHER PEOPLE are getting them, too.) Whaaa... it's free and I still want to whine!!! (Dude, tell the truth, do you work for the competition?)

i agree with most, except. game is more fun with competition. expecially an online game

Snakespeare
01-11-2011, 04:16 PM
End game players?

Do you stop bowling after ten frames? honestly...

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:19 PM

Lmfao@three of us. It's about 80% of the end-game community.

I sold my items before the update.

Who said ANYTHING about rushing ANY boss?

Nobody said there are too many pinks, there are only a few pinks that matters now, and they're 100% drops.

Who cares if it's free? It ruined the game,(as we knew it) it better be free.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Snake, you'd be happy with an etch-a-sketch, pretending you're playing a video game.
The only way you enjoy the game is by forcing the game into something it's not (playing hardcore till you die and remake, creating new chars ever time you hit the lvl cap, blah blah blah.). If I wanted to use my imagination, I wouldn't be playing a video game.

And FREE has nothing to do with anything. It affects the game as a whole, the game people have invested time and money into. To claim that you can just ignore the cave if you don't like it is absurd. Deny it all you want, but this dungeon actually messes with things that were already in place. And it's not just three people complaining. I see more complaints about the new dungeon than compliments. If the devs want to keep ignoring it and add keep adding things that kill the game, be my guest. I only invested 10-15 bucks into it, and I'll move on. But if they think they can mess with their game like this (everything they've done since 1.5) and see no consequences, they're kidding themselves.

StompArtist

LOL Nice and true.

Moogerfooger
@Moog.

Bro, it has NOTHING to do with the update being "all it could be".

It's a matter of killing the entire game, as far as me, and the majority of end-game players are concerned.

I said a few pages back that I think the economy crash could be intentional, but that's a real dumb way to do it.

If so, and they plan on raising the cap very soon, that makes this whole cave update totally useless, no?

You have some good points....I did see where someone guessed it might be intentional (market crash) in order to shake up the game for future developments, couldn't remember who it was though (I'm at work and should not be reading forum posts haha).

I don't think the cave update, if that is their ultimate plan, is useless...it is a tool/mechanism to shake the game up a little bit. I personally don't care, because nothing sucks more than a static game with no updates.

As far as 'end game players" like you and me and a bunch of others, I'd rather have an update with some new stuff that shakes things up, than the same old boring cr@p...I mean, seriously how much did we all like running Vic Lap over and over a billion times???? YAWWWWWWWNNNNNNN.

And yes, I lost a ton of money, directly and indirectly in the crash. But I have enough left, and I am down for updates, unless I magically log in to 0 gold and lvl 1 on all my characters due to an update.

In games....change is good. Even if it seems like crummy change at first. I bet they got something coming...might take a week...might take three months...hopefully not three months.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
End game players?

Do you stop bowling after ten frames? honestly...

Dude, everything you've said is 100% irrelevant slander.

Anyone can be like this in any situation:

"I didn't get a lot of money on my taxes :/"
"Stop whining, its always "blah blah blah my this, my that"

Kossi
01-11-2011, 04:22 PM
im sorry, but just quit if you're going to complain this much!

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:23 PM
@moog.

Victory Lap was SOMEWHAT fun because it was exciting when you got a drop, you made money, you felt e-complished.

Now how can we get some fun out of this game? :/

@Snake, answer that question.

Something other than "level another character without power leveling".

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:24 PM

I love how not a single person has made a valid point, just keep saying the same thing over and over "quit".

Trust me, I have no intentions of playing near as much, if at all until this is sorted.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 04:28 PM

Lol I already had. This dungeon pulled me back in for a good three hours, then I bought all the new gear and back to waiting to see if they ever make the game right again.

StompArtist
Well I think this update is great (except for desert people in the caves... It just feel like they do not belong there... but minor complaint here) and I do not care about the market crashing dying or changing. Bottom line is analogous to real life where some people made a lot of money with internet companies and others lost a lot for not getting out in time. Markets change and things change... gotta adapt to the changes. How long would the game have stayed interesting when all you have left is selling a rift helmet of the overlord or whatever. New dungeons new gear new fun. Good stuff. I am a little puzzled by the complaints since since last December we have had a great Xmas special and now new Dungeons. This is pretty cool, some game designers would have milked this buy releasing the dungeons level by level and making the drops platinum items only. Bottom line the game changed, find new ways of making cash. Volume instead of a few pricey item may be the way to go now... This update is great in my book!

Cinco
LOL :)

You guys are so passionate!

- Cinco

Moogerfooger
01-11-2011, 04:29 PM
I love how not a single person has made a valid point, just keep saying the same thing over and over "quit"..

Oh I am pretty sure I have made some valid points. Or at least some valid half-baked opinions. I never said quit. I'm just gonna find other ways to amuse myself until things settle/we find out if and when something comes along as far as an update.

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 04:32 PM

- Cinco

just interested in making the game better ;]

Refriedchicken
I'd like a dev to honestly explain to me what the purpose of this update was, though.

Was it:

A) To intentionally crash the economy, give people something to do before the level cap

or

B) To allow the people who are sick of farming have the same equipment as everyone else.

Lesrider

- Cinco

We're just worried you're on a mission to destroy the game we've come to love so much.

Banned
01-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Well I think this update is great (except for desert people in the caves... It just feel like they do not belong there... but minor complaint here) and I do not care about the market crashing dying or changing. Bottom line is analogous to real life where some people made a lot of money with internet companies and others lost a lot for not getting out in time. Markets change and things change... gotta adapt to the changes. How long would the game have stayed interesting when all you have left is selling a rift helmet of the overlord or whatever. New dungeons new gear new fun. Good stuff. I am a little puzzled by the complaints since since last December we have had a great Xmas special and now new Dungeons. This is pretty cool, some game designers would have milked this buy releasing the dungeons level by level and making the drops platinum items only. Bottom line the game changed, find new ways of making cash. Volume instead of a few pricey item may be the way to go now... This update is great in my book!

Ermm, terrorists in caves... Seems pretty appropriate to me.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:34 PM

- Cinco

What does this have to do with anything?

Honestly, I loved this game. It kept me busy for hours. Now, I feel like it's being intentionally destroyed, and feel we are all deserved an explanation.

Snakespeare
01-11-2011, 04:34 PM
If I wanted to use my imagination, I wouldn't be playing a video game.

Well, now, I can't argue with that.

Refried, think for yourself, man. I do what I like and I am having fun. There is no rule that says you have to adore one game to the exclusion of all others. Try Need for Speed or something. I love racing games. Or work on your AD&D world. There is not enough time in life to do all the cool things there are to do. Every minute spent whining is a minute lost (and every minute arguing with whiners. Oops there goes another one.)

Cinco
01-11-2011, 04:36 PM
What does this have to do with anything?

Are we supposed to be like "GREAT update, it didn't do anything to end-game, nor the economy, or the level of "fun" this game had left" because you're a 6 man team? :x

You take our money just as quick as a 340 man team would, just saying.

(I know I'm about to get some stupid "THIS UPDATE WAS FREE" comments, I'm not referring to this update when I speak of money.)

You'll get no such "update was free" comment from me :)
I love the passion - but I also get to see the big picture... and you're not representing the majority (which is great news for us).

Know I don't have to say it - keep it coming! We appreciate the feedback and hope to make the game better as time goes on :)
Sorry for those of you who are not having fun. That is sad :(

- Cinco

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Well, now, I can't argue with that.

Refried, think for yourself, man. I do what I like and I am having fun. There is no rule that says you have to adore one game to the exclusion of all others. Try Need for Speed or something. I love racing games. Or work on your AD&D world. There is not enough time in life to do all the cool things there are to do. Every minute spent whining is a minute lost (and every minute arguing with whiners. Oops there goes another one.)

Yet another "quit" comment.

I thought we were over this?

Cinco
01-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Yet another "quit" comment.

I thought we were over this?

Aw! You're not quitting! :)

Nobody's quitting over this, imo.

(If they are, we're sorry to see them go. But most folks at Level 50 are having fun with the new stuff.)

- Cinco

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 04:38 PM
I love the passion - but I also get to see the big picture... and you're not representing the majority (which is great news for us).

Know I don't have to say it - keep it coming! We appreciate the feedback and hope to make the game better as time goes on :)

- Cinco

i think the majority of people not having fun now r people that spend the most time on the game xD

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:38 PM

- Cinco

Bro, I do speak for the vast majority.

Everyone here who disagrees KNOWS deep down inside, they wish this update never happened. They're only acting because they saw devs post, and want to be dev-pets.

Here is an idea, Cinco.

Go on a character that appears as any other character, go into a loaded Balefort room, put on a recorder, and say "How do you guys feel about the update?"

See how many people answer "I LOVE IT!"

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 04:39 PM

(If they are, we're sorry to see them go. But most folks at Level 50 are having fun with the new stuff.)

- Cinco

nawwhh its too easy >< took one hour with good team and all fun ended fast :[.

Cinco
01-11-2011, 04:39 PM
i think the majority of people not having fun now r people that spend the most time on the game xD

The number of players with negative comments about the new stuff is actually very small compared to previous updates that really upset the community!

Most players are having a lot of fun with it :)

- Cinco

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:40 PM

- Cinco

Here is my list of people who I KNOW is quitting/taking a break because of this update:

Mageboomboom
Me
Lesrider
Darkrider
Shadybear
Tankthis

And that's all I can recall off the top of my dome.

pretticlan
The number of players with negative comments about the new stuff is actually very small compared to previous updates that really upset the community!

- Cinco

it was really fun at the very beginning of this new update!, then it ended fast......

Lesrider

- Cinco

Really? Where are they (Snake said he didn't even play yet, so not sure how he's even giving input)?
It's also been less than 24 hours. How long do you intend a map to entertain people? Because this won't last more than a few days, if that.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:41 PM

- Cinco

Would you take me up on my in-game offer? I can bet my characters more than 75% hate it.

Because since after about 5 hours post update, ALL I've heard in parties is "this is boring, i can't believe they ruined the economy" etcetc

How about the other six post of people saying they fell asleep during it? Or upset about the economy crash?

Cinco
01-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Here is my list of people who I KNOW is quitting/taking a break because of this update:

Mageboomboom
Me
Lesrider
Darkrider
Shadybear
Tankthis

Well... I say that if it's possible to eventually get you back to PL... to play again... we will!

:)

- Cinco

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM

- Cinco

Lol you're comparing it to 1.5 that brought skyrocketed prices on new plat items, a total rebalance and a nerfed rush? Obviously this can't compare to that, but it just adds to the reasons not to bother playing.

Cinco
01-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Would you take me up on my in-game offer? I can bet my characters more than 75% hate it.

Because since after about 5 hours post update, ALL I've heard in parties is "this is boring, i can't believe they ruined the economy" etcetc

How about the other six post of people saying they fell asleep during it? Or upset about the economy crash?

The reality of the Forums is that they represent a very small (though very intelligent, well-groomed, and 'nice') portion of the player-base.

To get a full picture of content success or failure, I have to draw my conclusions from looking at a number of other sources. And getting lots of flame from the Forums doesn't necessarily amount to lots of people quitting, etc.

Not to say I don't respect your opinions. I do! And I thank you for being as passionate as you (and so many others here in this thread) certainly are.

- Cinco

Banned
01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Bro, I do speak for the vast majority.

Everyone here who disagrees KNOWS deep down inside, they wish this update never happened. They're only acting because they saw devs post, and want to be dev-pets.

Here is an idea, Cinco.

Go on a character that appears as any other character, go into a loaded Balefort room, put on a recorder, and say "How do you guys feel about the update?"

See how many people answer "I LOVE IT!"

Um, wank off? No, wait. Come over here and bitch at me. Girlfriend's coming over tonight, need to get prepared.

Like I said, enjoying the new content. I don't care about the dev's comment, this is MY honest opinion. And I'm real damn glad the update happened. VL was getting stale, and I got me some sick daggers of the dual.

[Lt] Shiny
Just stick to the major updates that come from the App Store. Usually PL puts up something nice when there are those major updates.

Refriedchicken
Lesrider has an extremely strong point.

Sure, people think it's great now, but what happens when they finish getting all the armor they need, and have NOTHING to do?

I bet within a week, the General Discussion page will be FULL of rants just like this.

PS: I just asked in-game, these were my results:

I asked the question "On a scale of 1-10(1 being hate it, 10 being love what it's done to the game), how would you rate the update?"

This is what I got:

12.(for whatever reason)

skimmey

Mageboomboom
Me
Lesrider
Darkrider
Shadybear
Tankthis

Wow u cant be serious those small group of people is ur background?
This update is really ok imo new content a bit of new pfe challange in a way and a chance to make many players equal in gear. So if they lvl cap is raised most players have the same gear and power to go farm for the new super rare original sets in the new lvl.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM
So basically what you're saying is, as long as the stupid majority likes it, we're screwed.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Um, wank off? No, wait. Come over here and bitch at me. Girlfriend's coming over tonight, need to get prepared.

Like I said, enjoying the new content. I don't care about the dev's comment, this is MY honest opinion. And I'm real damn glad the update happened. VL was getting stale, and I got me some sick daggers of the dual.

Watch the language, this game has children.

StompArtist
01-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Well at least we are all well-groomed. This is a good thing, right?

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Wow u cant be serious those small group of people is ur background?
This update is really ok imo new content a bit of new pfe challange in a way and a chance to make many players equal in gear. So if they lvl cap is raised most players have the same gear and power to go farm for the new super rare original sets in the new lvl.

Because everyone knows a game is most fun when everyone has the best gear and no one has to work for it.

Right.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Hense "That's all I can think of off the top of my head".

There are several others who quit without saying anything.

skimmey
01-11-2011, 04:57 PM
So basically what you're saying is, as long as the stupid majority likes it, we're screwed.

Actually this is right because nobody is creating a game or is doing updates by accepting every pro and con of each single person. As long as the majority is inn everything is fine thsts how real economey works isnt it

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Actually this is right because nobody is creating a game or is doing updates by accepting every pro and con of each single person. As long as the majority is inn everything is fine thsts how real economey works isnt it

I couldn't understand this at all.

Banned
01-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Watch the language, this game has children.

If these kids can participate in Forest Haven cyber sex, I'm positive they can handle a little Banned flava'. Plus, damn isn't so bad, right?

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 04:59 PM
If these kids can participate in Forest Haven cyber sex, I'm positive they can handle a little Banned flava'. Plus, damn isn't so bad, right?

Your name fits you, bro.

You didn't say damn, you said the B word.

Which, whatever, I don't care, but devs do.

StompArtist
01-11-2011, 04:59 PM

I am never setting foot in Forest Heaven again.

pretticlan
01-11-2011, 05:02 PM

and his name is Banned. he can do anything ;]

ECHUSER
01-11-2011, 05:02 PM
i believe when cinco says "majority that are happy w this update" he's refering to those who cant afford to spend 1.2 mill on full rift and those who dont want to spend countless hours farming for this stuff. adding this campaign made everyone (those who arent "as passionate") have the same lvl equipt as those who are "passinate" about this game. if the best items/set bonuses arent rare anymore and you dont have to kill 150 ao3 bosses and free 30 shadow prisoners for comparable items, i would assume its to level the playing field... making the majority who dont play as often happy w this update. whats there to do after we've easily aquire the best items? i guess we'll find out.

Banned
01-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Your name fits you, bro.

You need to grow up, big time.

Says the dude that accuses people with a different opinion from his own of being "dev-pets".

Might want to chill with the playground mentality and realize that it's possible for people to enjoy things you happen to hate.

superglut2
01-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Yea for the players who dont rly play a lot its great but foe the ppl who farmed teir butts off its horrible and notfair.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Honestly, if there is no major update within a week, I'd love to ask the same people who disagreed and told me to quit how they feel about the Elite dungeon. :p

PS: 2 hours, 115 post, might be a record :D

StompArtist
01-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Yea for the players who dont rly play a lot its great but foe the ppl who farmed teir butts off its horrible and notfair.

Why? The new quests do not drop the older items neither do they take any money away that they made previously. Time to adapt to the change is all. You think the game would be better with more and more people getting to lvl50 and farming for the same thing?

StompArtist
01-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Honestly, if there is no major update within a week, I'd love to ask the same people who disagreed and told me to quit how they feel about the Elite dungeon. :p

Nah don't quit. Just find another way to make your money. lol

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 05:10 PM
lol, I have plenty of money.

I have roughly 6m, and three Green Ice pieces.

It's just that there is nothing to do with the money anymore. xD

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 05:10 PM
It's not about money. Money is useless in this game. Some people like playing to collect 50 million, but there's no freaking point.
The point is that there is no reason to PLAY.

Snakespeare
01-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Les, I am sorry if this sounds rude, but... if there is no reason to play, why not play something else? Why stick around? Take a break and maybe come back when the level cap is raised. I do not understand you at all. There is so much to do in this world. Why waste so much time "complaining about the weather"?

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Les, I am sorry if this sounds rude, but... if there is no reason to play, why not play something else? Why stick around? Take a break and maybe come back when the level cap is raised. I do not understand you at all. There is so much to do in this world. Why waste so much time "complaining about the weather"?

ANOTHER "quit" comment.

We already established this, long ago dude.

Lesrider
And btw, from the answers we've gotten, I can only assume that they are basically just trying to make as much money as they can off new players, and not give a damn whether they stick around long enough to enjoy the game they spent money on.
Whether that plan will work for them long-term, I guess that's a risk they've decided to take.

Snakespeare

PS: 2 hours, 115 post, might be a record :D

I'm not telling you to quit, man. I am suggesting you add some variety to your gaming experience. Do something that makes you happy. Unless whining makes you happy, in which case, at least admit that so we can take it for what its worth.

StompArtist
01-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I find plenty of reason to play. Perhaps you have been playing longer than me... dunno... I'd still rather play PL than watch "Snookie and The Situation" on TV... mind you I'd probably rather get repeatedly hit on the hand with a sledgehammer than watching that horrible TV show.

Snakespeare
ANOTHER "quit" comment.

We already established this, long ago dude.

"We" have established nothing, man. Why are you wasting your time doing things you don't like?

Lesrider

Sigh. I did quit, Snake! I came back because they hyped up this awesome elite campaign! Stop telling me to quit already!

And Snake, have you played the new dungeon yet? Last time you said you hadn't, so how can you comment on this?

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Snake, we've been over this bro.

Myself, I'm taking a break.

I might pop on once in a while to say hi, and help someone out, but that's about it.

Another thing that upset me about this update:

I liked the Cyber update, although it did hurt the economy, it was hard to get. Not everyone had it, because it took hours and hours to obtain a full set.

I personally got one set, and now, it's 100% useless, no?

I wouldn't be shocked at ALL if they totally nerf the new equipment.

derricks2
01-11-2011, 05:18 PM
It's not about money. Money is useless in this game. Some people like playing to collect 50 million, but there's no freaking point.

Yes thank you.. this has been the point I have been trying to make. I have no reason to log in. My level 50 characters can literally advance no more!

At this time this game has 2 goals for advancing your character.
1. Level to 50
2. Get the highest end gear

Right now neither is very challenging to accomplish. Once you are 50 and have the gear, statistically you are as good as every other person in your character class at level 50. Theirs no diversity. Their is no way to set yourself apart. Their is no way to, even in a small way, make your character any better, which is what the game is ultimately about.

The game needs something for when people hit level 50 and get their end game(until the next expansion) armor. They need something that's ongoing and that sticks with your character, even when your replace your armor. For example, a advanced achievement system, or a task system that rewards with stat points..etc..

anything that can will advance your character so that once I hit 50 with the best stuff I can still say to myself, "Well, I can get in game and still work on XXX so that I am more capable of handling the new expansion when it comes out" or something along those lines. I have some sort of goal of making my character better. Just adding a few new pieces of gear as a bandaid isnt the answer IMO.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Good point, Derrek.

I thought before this update, we needed diversity to set one player apart from the next.

At least before if you had Rift/Cyber/Cosmo/Void you were somewhat different from those who didn't have time, or couldn't afford it, and now we're all 100% exact. :/

Another problem with this update:

People don't understand that the dual-wield weapons are trash in Ao3 xD

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Derrick, it doesn't matter. The devs are under the impression that the majority is thrilled with the new update, so nothing we say will make a difference.

Snakespeare
01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm not saying to quit. (I did sarcastically say why not quit, then. That was sarcasm.) I am saying, ADD something to your gaming experience. Try racing games or something. I find them to be a lot of fun.

StompArtist
01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Good point, Derrek.

I thought before this update, we needed diversity to set one player apart from the next.

At least before if you had Rift/Cyber/Cosmo/Void you were somewhat different from those who didn't have time, or couldn't afford it, and now we're all 100% exact. :/

Another problem with this update:

People don't understand that the dual-wield weapons are trash in Ao3 xD

Well we disagree about the update but I certainly agree about the lack of diversity. I do not want to look like any other bird/bear/mage. I wanna be special.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm not saying to quit. (I did sarcastically say why not quit, then. That was sarcasm.) I am saying, ADD something to your gaming experience. Try racing games or something. I find them to be a lot of fun.

Good lord, did you not see my 80+ posts about DD? I CAME BACK BECAUSE THEY WERE RELEASING A SUPER AMAZING NEW CHALLENGING AND AWESOME ELITE CAVE THAT WOULD ENTERTAIN ALL OF US BORED PLAYERS FOR MORE THAN ONE NIGHT!!!!

Snakespeare
01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Yes thank you.. this has been the point I have been trying to make. I have no reason to log in. My level 50 characters can literally advance no more!

At this time this game has 2 goals for advancing your character.
1. Level to 50
2. Get the highest end gear

Right now neither is very challenging to accomplish. Once you are 50 and have the gear, statistically you are as good as every other person in your character class at level 50. Theirs no diversity. Their is no way to set yourself apart. Their is no way to, even in a small way, make your character any better, which is what the game is ultimately about.

The game needs something for when people hit level 50 and get their end game(until the next expansion) armor. They need something that's ongoing and that sticks with your character, even when your replace your armor. For example, a advanced achievement system, or a task system that rewards with stat points..etc..

anything that can will advance your character so that once I hit 50 with the best stuff I can still say to myself, "Well, I can get in game and still work on XXX so that I am more capable of handling the new expansion when it comes out" or something along those lines. I have some sort of goal of making my character better. Just adding a few new pieces of gear as a bandaid isnt the answer IMO.

I think you do have some good points. But what I don't get is, why are you satisfied with only one character? I could never do that. They cost 75 cents. Why not, at least, one of each?

Snakespeare
01-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Good lord, did you not see my 80+ posts about DD? I CAME BACK BECAUSE THEY WERE RELEASING A SUPER AMAZING NEW CHALLENGING AND AWESOME ELITE CAVE THAT WOULD ENTERTAIN ALL OF US BORED PLAYERS FOR MORE THAN ONE NIGHT!!!!

Did you not read my 800+ posts saying that you are responsible for your own level of interest?

Moogerfooger
01-11-2011, 05:29 PM

That is just your opinion. Many others, myself included, have a differing opinion. Not saying either is right or wrong....opinions are opinions. I'll go help buds level...that is a reason to play. May not be YOUR reason to play, but it is a reason for many. I'd rather have a few hours of fun goofing off on a few new levels, and take a break from mind-numbing VL runs and have the game changed up a bit.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Did you not read my 800+ posts saying that you are responsible for your own level of interest?

Ok, fine. Anyone interested in playing "House" in PL? I'll be the mommy, then we just need a daddy and some kids.

I mean, really. Stop telling me to create my own entertainment within a video game. WTF.

Moogerfooger
01-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I liked the Cyber update, although it did hurt the economy, it was hard to get. Not everyone had it, because it took hours and hours to obtain a full set.

I personally got one set, and now, it's 100% useless, no?

I wouldn't be shocked at ALL if they totally nerf the new equipment.

Yeah, I would not be shocked at all either...you had to work for that cyber. Good call.

FluffNStuff
01-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Ok, fine. Anyone interested in playing "House" in PL? I'll be the mommy, then we just need a daddy and some kids.

I mean, really. Stop telling me to create my own entertainment within a video game. WTF.

I'll be the middle child.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I'll be the middle child.

Lol you know the middle child gets ignored, right? ;)

Snakespeare

I will never understand people like you. When you are bored it is always someone else's fault. All I can say is, fine... whatever...

StompArtist

I think they will implement the Guild feature soon. :D

yesIManoob
lol, I have plenty of money.

I have roughly 6m, and three Green Ice pieces.

It's just that there is nothing to do with the money anymore. xD

Wanna make a donation? ;)

Moogerfooger
01-11-2011, 05:34 PM
I think they will implement the Guild feature soon. :D

One can only hope...isn't this a rumored possibility for 1.7?

FluffNStuff
01-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Lol you know the middle child gets ignored, right? ;)

Wait, are you actually talking to me. I am a middle child, so I am surprised by the attention.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I will never understand people like you. When you are bored it is always someone else's fault. All I can say is, fine... whatever...

When they take a perfectly good game and ruin it? Yes, it is their fault. Anyway, Snake, we'll never see eye-to-eye on this (even though you still haven't said you've tried the caves), so once again, I'm done arguing with you. I'll just discuss with others here.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Wait, are you actually talking to me. I am a middle child, so I am surprised by the attention.

Nope, sorry no attention for you. Go clean the garage while the rest of the family eats dinner.

Justg
01-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Ruined! I'll start flogging Cinco immediately.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 05:49 PM

Can we watch? ;)

Cormz
01-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Can we watch? ;)

i call front row seats

FluffNStuff
01-11-2011, 05:52 PM

Don't flog Cinco, that will ruin the economy! Won't someone think of the economy!

StompArtist
01-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Don't flog Cinco, that will ruin the economy! Won't someone think of the economy!

Better put those "switches" of the void up for sale.

Justg
01-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Pay-per-view... 25 plat.

ProSophist
01-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I read the first few pages and I have to say it was like watching a SOAP opera coming to an end.

Here is my OPINION towards the people who are quitting, or plan on quitting:
If the whole ACTIVE forum community quit right now, that's only going to be around the 30-50 range. There's probably about 1.8k-2.3k people playing at any given time.
As much as the devs are sugarcoating it, they are pretty much saying that they don't give a rat's hat if you quit the game. There's a lot of active players in the game that don't post or even register in this forum.

So read a book. Go to the gym. Play another game. You don't have to be playing PL every single minute of every single day.
I too was sort of unhappy with the new content but there's nothing we can do about it.

Zeus
01-11-2011, 06:21 PM

RIGHT ON SNAKESPEARE! YOU GOT IT DOWN! I personally love this update although I would love a reduced drop rate on the pinks, which is my only gripe. To those of you insulting snakespeare, he has been here A LOT longer then you have (I have seen his character rise and level albeit VERY SLOWLY (You just had to love the swamps didn't you snake :). This is a community y'all if you don't like a part of the game, find something that makes it interesting to you or... leave. I'm not going to icing coat it for anyone... If the game is boring, there is no reason you should waste time on it, but to those of us that still enjoy the game, please leave us be and don't ruin the experience for us.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Yep, because it's the forest haven pervs that really matter. Who needs a loyal fanbase when you can have 10,000 pervs join a day?

Not disagreeing with you, just think they're taking a risk.

I read the first few pages and I have to say it was like watching a SOAP opera coming to an end.

Here is my OPINION towards the people who are quitting, or plan on quitting:
If the whole ACTIVE forum community quit right now, that's only going to be around the 30-50 range. There's probably about 1.8k-2.3k people playing at any given time.
As much as the devs are sugarcoating it, they are pretty much saying that they don't give a rat's hat if you quit the game. There's a lot of active players in the game that don't post or even register in this forum.

So read a book. Go to the gym. Play another game. You don't have to be playing PL every single minute of every single day.
I too was sort of unhappy with the new content but there's nothing we can do about it.

Snakespeare
01-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Thx for the props, Ranged, but no prob. I do not feel any insult at all. We're just passionately chatting. I sense mostly fairness, plus a lot of sarcasm.

RedRyder
01-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Stop being a hater. Thanks for the update devs

serulean
01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
devs: one drawing point of MMO's is the allure of looting or working towards (by farming or trading) the nearly impossible to loot items. i'm talking holy grails. it's what draws people to games and part of human nature. like the sneakerhead seeking the ellsuive original 1985 mint condition air jordans. you get my point.

i think the game as it stands currently lacks that at an end game level. green ice is sick but i also want level 50 elite sickness.

cyber sets and death sets or whatnot are good for the general public because it helps them compete (since many can't afford nicer gear like rift) but sooner or later they'll wind up where many of us already are...no longer captivated by this game as we once were and seeking a challenge.

thanks for your attention and consideration.

Haikus
01-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Stop being a hater. Thanks for the update devs

http://www.hatersgoingtohate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-panda.jpg :)

Siqk
01-11-2011, 07:05 PM
play runescape

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
play runescape

You're so original bro.

Ascetic
01-11-2011, 07:13 PM
The update could have easily been great if the drop rate of these new pinks were set at about 5%. It seems whoever is in charge of implementing this drop rate of 100% doesn't have much knowledge of how mmos work.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 07:13 PM
By the way, a good point was made.

Once the looting/trading system is killed in a MMO, you may as well be playing offline.

You can say "hey, it's a change. change happens in mmos"

I've never heard of a MMO TOTALLY killing the economy, making EVERY end-game player EXACTLY the same, and killing looting system.

By the way, Justg, you're a developer, why is this a joke to you?

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 07:15 PM
By the way, a good point was made.

Once the looting/trading system is killed in a MMO, you may as well be playing offline.

Maybe they just want it to be a chat room where you can attack monsters lol. As opposed to a game with chat incorporated into it.
That's what it's starting to feel like, anyway.

Snakespeare
01-11-2011, 07:18 PM
In fact, exageration does not support a point, it only makes it easier for other people to argue with you.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Agreed.

For the time being, those who enjoy the update are caught up in the initial excitement of the new items.

I can't wait until the majority of PL has their Shadow sets, and there will be 20% of the players online.

Honestly, it seems to me like the devs are trying to lure those who didn't buy platinum/alien aosis to buy it, so they can get the new buzz, and those who are dedicated players can f-off, because we already have your money.

I bet my life if PL was a monthly subscription, this update would have never happened.

Siqk
01-11-2011, 07:20 PM
You're so original bro.

lolwut? i was being serious it's fun.

Refriedchicken
01-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I use to play when it was 2-D.

:p

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 07:22 PM
In fact, exageration does not support a point, it only makes it easier for other people to argue with you.

Snake:
#1: Play through the entire Shadow Caves and then come talk to me.
#2: Get a sense of humor. I like sarcasm, you obviously don't, so maybe we should stop arguing to avoid some lethal chemical reaction that will wipe out all of Alterra.

derricks2
01-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Derrick, it doesn't matter. The devs are under the impression that the majority is thrilled with the new update, so nothing we say will make a difference.

Well I would imagine that a majority of the game is happy with the update for now. My point is that in 2 weeks time every player in the game is going to be where we are.... "I'm level 50 and have this new gear that's the best in the game... now what /shrug" then when that same playerbase is unhappy.. what will happen?

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Well I would imagine that a majority of the game is happy with the update for now. My point is that in 2 weeks time every player in the game is going to be where we are.... "I'm level 50 and have this new gear that's the best in the game... now what /shrug" then when that same playerbase is unhappy.. what will happen?

But they claim they keep getting thousands of new players on a regular basis. So maybe they think they'll never run out of new players. <shrug> I agree with you, but we seem to be chopped liver compared to the thousands of new people joining.

Ellyidol
01-11-2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12385-Revive-Consolidated-Upgrading-Suggestion

One main point I've been getting from reading is that players want more things to do at end-game. Will come eventually, hopefully.

yeesw
01-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Good to know that the dev are not taking our "Passionate feedback" seriously before I spend too much on platinum

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 08:53 PM
If you think about it, it's not a monthly-rate game. So if they can pull in enough people and get them to buy all maps, it doesn't matter if they stuck around for a week, 6 months, or 10 years. They just need to keep getting more people to buy the maps. If it were a monthly rate, they would need to keep people happy long-term do they'd stick around and keep paying.

So I guess it's just marketing. Why put effort into keeping us here if they make more money on the newbies?

Thelonearcher
01-11-2011, 08:59 PM
More will be added... farm vyxx or green ice or pvp or ctf its what I've been doing.

derricks2
01-11-2011, 09:17 PM
If you think about it, it's not a monthly-rate game. So if they can pull in enough people and get them to buy all maps, it doesn't matter if they stuck around for a week, 6 months, or 10 years. They just need to keep getting more people to buy the maps. If it were a monthly rate, they would need to keep people happy long-term do they'd stick around and keep paying.

So I guess it's just marketing. Why put effort into keeping us here if they make more money on the newbies?

Yeah that's a shame then. This game has a TON of potential to be a real mmo for your phone. Guess its time to invest my time and efforts on another game. I started playing DD a cpl days ago too after seeing u and TT talk about it. Still getting used to it.

Justg
01-11-2011, 10:14 PM
We listen to you... your feedback is very important. It affects what we do on a daily basis.

We're always going to want to do what is best for the overall health of the game.

We're still working on Pocket Legends. The last towne (Oasis) is underway and we are working on some systems to make the end-game more meaningful.

We appreciate your patience as we complete what we started in April 2010.

If you are bored, take a break. Come back later.

Even if it is just to tell us how we're still screwing up the game :)

Kingofhurtz
01-11-2011, 10:17 PM
We listen to you... your feedback is very important. It affects what we do on a daily basis.

We're always going to want to do what is best for the overall health of the game.

We're still working on Pocket Legends. The last towne (Oasis) is underway and we are working on some systems to make the end-game more meaningful.

Wait so after the AO town, you guys are done?! Or did I interpret this wrongly?

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Wait so after the AO town, you guys are done?! Or did I interpret this wrongly?

Interesting.
Well, G, at the very least you just succeeded in distracting us ;)

Justg
01-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Not done by a long shot, but Oasis represents the Far East Coast of Alterra. It is where the high-level content is located.

We'll continue to update the game, add content and systems, but the land will be what we call Alterra-Complete.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Not done by a long shot, but Oasis represents the Far East Coast of Alterra. It is where the high-level content is located.

We'll continue to update the game, add content and systems, but the land will be what we call Alterra-Complete.

But it sounds like lvl 50 is staying the cap and the world won't be getting any bigger. Is that what you're saying?
That actually doesn't sound so bad -- I would much rather have other things to do than level up.

Banned
01-11-2011, 10:38 PM

Woah, woah, WOAH.

WOAH.

I thought campaigns have been planned to level 100? Or are they still planned and just not receiving the towne treatment?

DIT-TO-THA-E: Just read your post, G.

Edit dos: Okay, still a bit confused. Will 50 be the cap?

Orei
01-11-2011, 11:14 PM
This update got me and a few old friends back playing in AO3, even if its for a few good hours. Good structure and concept of teamwork required to finish. Nostalgic feeling of the good co-op days..

This game is not just about earning millions of gold for self-benefit or boasting how rich/powerful/pro you are, be it in game or forums. If you play PL because of this only, then you have ultimately failed.

If you are bored, perhaps you should invest time in helping out new players to bring up the community. I am pretty sure thousands of players who tried this game quit cause they do not know how to play/advance. Its a good thing end game items are cheap, so its easily affordable by new lower level players, who may now have the motivation to play their way up to wear the few level 50 high-end pinks in their inventory.

formosus808
01-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Refried & Lesrider,

Is this your first MMO? I've played with the two of you and you are both good players, but this is just the way MMOs are. It has happened to WoW on a larger scale (Casual Player = Money). WoW used to be very hard back when 40 man raids just came out, up until AQ40 where less than 5% got to see NAXX 40 and AQ40 end bosses. Cthun was the hardest boss I have ever fought. We wiped for so many hours. It was so hard when we first started, it was literally impossible! lol. But if you ask people who play WoW, not many have played that fight because there was no chance that a casual player could ever get there. So the devs made WoW easy and till today, many years later, they are still making bank. At one time, gold in WoW was hard to make and epic mounts were special, but now gold is worth almost nothing because it is so easy to obtain. Pocket Legends is is a good, short instance, mini MMO. It is for the casual player. Just like you, I have more gold than I can spend on PL, but this is how every MMO becomes after a while. If the devs wanted to make a game for endgame players they wouldn't make any money.

formosus808
01-11-2011, 11:42 PM
This update got me and a few old friends back playing in AO3, even if its for a few good hours. Good structure and concept of teamwork required to finish. Nostalgic feeling of the good co-op days..

This game is not just about earning millions of gold for self-benefit or boasting how rich/powerful/pro you are, be it in game or forums. If you play PL because of this only, then you have ultimately failed.

If you are bored, perhaps you should invest time in helping out new players to bring up the community. I am pretty sure thousands of players who tried this game quit cause they do not know how to play/advance. Its a good thing end game items are cheap, so its easily affordable by new lower level players, who may now have the motivation to play their way up to wear the few level 50 high-end pinks in their inventory.

you play almost everyday your kill count keeps going up.

Justg
01-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Campaigns will continue to raise the level cap. Oasis and end-game systems signify a completion to the land, but the game will never stop evolving.

Physiologic
01-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Refried & Lesrider,

Is this your first MMO? I've played with the two of you and you are both good players, but this is just the way MMOs are. It has happened to WoW on a larger scale (Casual Player = Money). WoW used to be very hard back when 40 man raids just came out, up until AQ40 where less than 5% got to see NAXX 40 and AQ40 end bosses. Cthun was the hardest boss I have ever fought. We wiped for so many hours. It was so hard when we first started, it was literally impossible! lol. But if you ask people who play WoW, not many have played that fight because there was no chance that a casual player could ever get there. So the devs made WoW easy and till today, many years later, they are still making bank. At one time, gold in WoW was hard to make and epic mounts were special, but now gold is worth almost nothing because it is so easy to obtain. Pocket Legends is is a good, short instance, mini MMO. It is for the casual player. Just like you, I have more gold than I can spend on PL, but this is how every MMO becomes after a while. If the devs wanted to make a game for endgame players they wouldn't make any money.

Same exact thing like this happened to La Tale and Maplestory (which is more similar to PL than WoW, because they're free to play, but to go further you need to pay cash).

The formula for success in any MMO is to attract a new player and turn them from a casual gamer to a more serious gamer through incentives, which include things that make the game easier or things that you pay money for. I wouldn't be surprised if Platinum became more and more important later on.

Otukura
01-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Campaigns will continue to raise the level cap. Oasis and end-game systems signify a completion to the land, but the game will never stop evolving.

Oh dear... I was hoping that once I got the 150/2/95 on my pally, I wouldn't ever have to re-spec to get better gear... actually, I guess once it's that high, I can just use booster items...

Banned
01-11-2011, 11:52 PM

Awesome possum, yo.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 11:54 PM

Still kinda cryptic, but ok.

Otukura
01-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Same exact thing like this happened to La Tale and Maplestory (which is more similar to PL than WoW, because they're free to play, but to go further you need to pay cash).

Maplestory... man, that was just icky... nexon is gaining a lot of ground with Vindictus tho, personally, I LOVE IT.... PL needs to take a back seat for it :P

Otukura
01-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Awesome possum, yo.

Still kinda cryptic, but ok.

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like it... oh well, lol

Ayrilana
01-11-2011, 11:57 PM

How about a new continent? The current one smells funny. You also have that little island you can do something with.

Can you also confirm whether the new quests are active in the game or not?

Orei
01-11-2011, 11:58 PM
you play almost everyday your kill count keeps going up.

What does kill counts have to do with my post? Anyway its merely numbers, and doesnt mean im actually playing.

Lesrider
01-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like it... oh well, lol

Not sure I understand it enough to like it or hate it. Like I said, still kinda cryptic. Vague.

Physiologic
01-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Maplestory... man, that was just icky... nexon is gaining a lot of ground with Vindictus tho, personally, I LOVE IT.... PL needs to take a back seat for it :P

Maplestory gained a ton of money through their cubing (cough gambling) system...It would be something the devs could look into for more revenue.

Spend real cash to buy something to "upgrade" current equips -> Item has a chance to lower the stats on equip, keep it the same, or increase it

Then we become slaves to Platinum

Otukura
01-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Maplestory gained a ton of money through their cubing (cough gambling) system...It would be something the devs could look into for more revenue.

Spend real cash to buy something to "upgrade" current equips -> Item has a chance to lower the stats on equip, keep it the same, or increase it

Then we become slaves to Platinum

Meh, maple is dying, but vindictus is awesome... 3d mmorpg game, just plain awesome... youtube it?

Anyways, I personally think that most people there actually got their NX for free... that's what I always did(played CA, not MS). And now with PayPal, getting Plat for free!

TwinkTastical
01-12-2011, 02:02 AM

North and south side?

Riccits
01-12-2011, 05:23 AM
yeah guys there are only we (may 50 ppl) disliking the latest updates... the great mass of ppl havent any money/time to buy/farm rift/void/cosmos... they all enjoy the new staff and can play every ao3 level. so devs said right, may 95% of the 2500 ppl i c online enjoy the latest updates...
and sts certainly trys to keep the mass of players...

the only problem we have is we want be better than the mass and wear items that are better than normal and not easy to get... now i cant distingue whos noob droid gen or oldie...

Lesrider
01-12-2011, 05:36 AM
I would so love to poll all these happy people and see if they still love the new dungeon a week from now.

yeah guys there are only we (may 50 ppl) disliking the latest updates... the great mass of ppl havent any money/time to buy/farm rift/void/cosmos... they all enjoy the new staff and can play every ao3 level. so devs said right, may 95% of the 2500 ppl i c online enjoy the latest updates...
and sts certainly trys to keep the mass of players...

the only problem we have is we want be better than the mass and wear items that are better than normal and not easy to get... now i cant distingue whos noob droid gen or oldie...

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 07:52 AM

I am disturbed by this, considering it came from a developer.

This only FURTHERS my point.

A dev just told us to "take a break" (aka, quit).

Honestly, tell me that doesn't sound EXACTLY LIKE

"we already have your money, don't care if you play."

I'd bet the title of my car that if this game was a monthly subscription basis, this update would have NEVER happened, and those words wouldn't have came from his mouth.(Keyboard)

Furthermore, you improved the health of the game?

As far as I'm concerned, killing an economy isn't improving the health of a game.

Shame on you man.

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 07:54 AM
I would so love to poll all these happy people and see if they still love the new dungeon a week from now.

Funny how I logged in for about 3 minutes today, joined a Shadow Cave game, and ALL 5 players in the party (without me saying anything) said "wow, this game is boring now"
"yep"
"ikr"
"yeah"
etc.

-.-

Justg
01-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Refried, Players consume content much faster then we can create it. I have often said "take a break".

You have an incessant need to continue to tell us how we are screwing up this game.

This is not contributing. This is trolling.

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Would you say that if you were getting 10$ a month from us? I highly doubt that.

You're doing exactly what we discussed.

Luring those who haven't bought the maps to buy them, and the dedicated players can quit.

It's the truth man.

You killed the economy for the time being, did you not? You said you're improving the health of the game, lol@that.

Don't get defensive man, you know you'd be irate if the game you loved turned into a game where the best gear isn't worked for, nothing is rare, money means nothing, trading is useless, etc.

You guys don't like negative feedback, even if it's all valid points, so you consider it trolling.

Smh man.

Justg
01-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Not getting defensive, just acknowledging you as a troll, bro.

Timmeee
01-12-2011, 08:08 AM
i think i got a screen shot of that lol

Ellyidol
01-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Would you say that if you were getting 10$ a month from us? I highly doubt that.

You're doing exactly what we discussed.

Luring those who haven't bought the maps to buy them, and the dedicated players can quit.

It's the truth man.

You killed the economy for the time being, did you not? You said you're improving the health of the game, lol@that.

Don't get defensive man, you know you'd be irate if the game you loved turned into a game where the best gear isn't worked for, nothing is rare, money means nothing, trading is useless, etc.

You guys don't like negative feedback, even if it's all valid points, so you consider it trolling.

Smh man.

Dude chill.

Its their game, even if all your points are true and valid it still lies on them. They mess up, consequences are theirs and not ours. Sure we paid, but I'm pretty sure we got our cash worth (unless you put in thousands of $ into the game).

And if you only paid the minimum, and still didn't get it's worth, then I'm sorry, with all do respect and least offense possible, the game isn't for you and you should just quit.

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Not getting defensive, just acknowledging you as a troll, bro.

Negative feedback on an update is a troll, cool.

Justg
01-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Now I am bored as well. Locking this one up.