PDA

View Full Version : "PL Cheats" Application in App Store

LordRaid
05-11-2010, 12:58 AM
So, I'm not sure if you've guys seen it yet, but there is a PL Cheats app in the app store.

While it assumes no responsibility for being affiliated with Spacetime Studios, DO NOT PURCHASE + DOWNLOAD this application. According to the reviews, it's just a set of maps. No cheats, no real advantages to our gaming ability after the purchase of that worthless app.

I'm the kind of guy that reads reviews before buying any app, but I know a few people who don't - they just view the screenshots provided and buy the app if it looks good.

I really don't expect any of us forumers to buy this app foolishly, I just wanted to warn you guys so you can tell others so they don't waste their money, even if it is just a dollar. Every dollar is worth something later on :)

Hope you all have a good day/afternoon/night,

~LordRaid~

Oh, dunno if you guys knew, but I did NOT buy this app. Just basing this on the reviews of the app, so I don't have firsthand experience with this PL Cheats app, but to be safe.... don't buy it! :D

TheBaconKing
05-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Here is a good article I read about app store spam the other day. It was linked from TiPb.

http://www.marco.org/576865127

One seller in particular, InTekOne, has 58 apps on the app store. Most of which are spam, like the PL cheats app.

Splurd
05-11-2010, 01:28 AM
amusing that PL is free and yet the cheats is worth a dollar.

BestHyun
05-11-2010, 03:23 AM
Here is a good article I read about app store spam the other day. It was linked from TiPb.

http://www.marco.org/576865127

One seller in particular, InTekOne, has 58 apps on the app store. Most of which are spam, like the PL cheats app.

That was a very interesting review. Better to stay away from those shady apps.

Banned
05-11-2010, 07:00 AM
So, I'm not sure if you've guys seen it yet, but there is a PL Cheats app in the app store.

While it assumes no responsibility for being affiliated with Spacetime Studios, DO NOT PURCHASE + DOWNLOAD this application. According to the reviews, it's just a set of maps. No cheats, no real advantages to our gaming ability after the purchase of that worthless app.

I'm the kind of guy that reads reviews before buying any app, but I know a few people who don't - they just view the screenshots provided and buy the app if it looks good.

I really don't expect any of us forumers to buy this app foolishly, I just wanted to warn you guys so you can tell others so they don't waste their money, even if it is just a dollar. Every dollar is worth something later on :)

Hope you all have a good day/afternoon/night,

~LordRaid~

That dollar could be spent on some PL gear. Hope no one else falls for this scam.