PDA

View Full Version : Ethyl

A Plant Man
07-20-2014, 02:37 PM
So when I was about lvl 8 a random person, Shellz I believe was their name, gave me an Ethyl egg. He's level 11 now I think but I was just wondering if this pet will be good in the long run. I'm still very new to this game so pardon me if this is a dumb question. All I know is that I haven't gotten a pet that's passed green besides this one. I appreciate any answers, thanks.

tharidom
07-20-2014, 02:48 PM
It's quite a good pet for it's prize the AA (arcane ability) is nice for if u have to get away from the mobs I can advice u to lvl it up;).

phillyr
07-21-2014, 10:39 PM
Stats are pretty good also. Its not a bad pet at all

toxorto
08-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Ethyl is a good pet for someone like you who just started that game :)

Serancha
08-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Ethyl is not just good for people who just started the game. Even those of us who've been playing since the dawn of time love our ethyls. Possibly one of the best pets around.

Bigboyblue
08-20-2014, 06:30 AM
Ethyl is a tomb killer. I have my fastest runs on both my mage and rogue when using ethyl in KT4. It's a noticeable difference. Although I don't own any arcane or mythic pets so Ethyl may not be best for tombs. Out of all legendary it is hands down the best for tomb runs.

Hectororius
08-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Ethyl is actually considered an Epic pet, but aside from that, It has a stellar Happiness bonus, the AA is very evident and noticeable, and has a passive ability that reduces armor on multiple targets. Only thing missing from ethyl is a speed boost, but we cant have everything :)

radagan
08-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Everynody needs that little froggy

ndyfixer
09-05-2014, 04:28 PM
ethyl is a perfect multi hit pet , no other pet multi hit like ethyl .. ethyl have OP multihit , slow enemies with AA , perfect for mage ..

Capolista
09-05-2014, 04:52 PM
ethyl is a perfect multi hit pet , no other pet multi hit like ethyl .. ethyl have OP multihit , slow enemies with AA , perfect for mage ..

All frog pet (ethyl, ribbit, dart, dauphin) & all dragon pet (malison, cinder, blight, frost)

Is capable to do multiple hit on enemies

ndyfixer
09-05-2014, 06:51 PM
All frog pet (ethyl, ribbit, dart, dauphin) & all dragon pet (malison, cinder, blight, frost)

Is capable to do multiple hit on enemies
yea i know that , scorch also can , try use ethyl and see ethyl multihit range , compare with other pet . try then reply

aarrgggggg
09-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Ethyl is a tomb killer. I have my fastest runs on both my mage and rogue when using ethyl in KT4. It's a noticeable difference. Although I don't own any arcane or mythic pets so Ethyl may not be best for tombs. Out of all legendary it is hands down the best for tomb runs.

I disagree ribbits aa if timed properly kills mobs much faster.........

However that said, ethyl is extremely underpriced for such a great pet. great for all classes but especially mage.....on my lvl 41 mage it is one of my main pets that i rotate due to the damage bonus that it gives......
I love damage pets with mage.

I always recommend ribbit and ethyl as two cheap yet very effective pets. They are both still great at endgame

Caabatric
09-06-2014, 11:37 PM
good pet definitely open

-no
09-07-2014, 10:55 AM

However that said, ethyl is extremely underpriced for such a great pet. great for all classes but especially mage.....on my lvl 41 mage it is one of my main pets that i rotate due to the damage bonus that it gives......

I always recommend ribbit and ethyl as two cheap yet very effective pets. They are both still great at endgame

Completely agree.

Serancha
09-07-2014, 11:30 AM

This is true for warriors, being a str based pet. The overall stat loss (56 damage on rogue) taken when using ribbit compared to another pet like ethyl, makes it totally impractical for rogues. Mages not quite so bad but still a large dmg cut.

Schnitzel
09-07-2014, 11:36 AM
personally, as a lvl41 mage, its the first pet i use when running tombs (its AA slows down enemies, which is useful, when i use time shift (5/5) and run away.

and for 150+ damage (forgot the exact number) at lvl41 (referring to Ethyl), its really useful, with its multi-hit when attacking multiple enemies.

Gragorak
09-08-2014, 06:22 AM
Ethyl is pretty much the best legendary pet for mage, better than Dovabear for example.

Kreasadriii
09-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Its one of my best pet for PvE :)

aarrgggggg
09-14-2014, 01:51 PM
This is true for warriors, being a str based pet. The overall stat loss (56 damage on rogue) taken when using ribbit compared to another pet like ethyl, makes it totally impractical for rogues. Mages not quite so bad but still a large dmg cut.

i definitly see your point about ribbit affecting a rogues damage since rogues tend to attack single targets instead of a whole mob at once,

As far as mage's are concerned its my observation that in a tomb with tightly grouped mobs first u drop clock on the mob and then
As soon as the clock drops activate ribbits arcane and then i spam lightning,fire,ice and then lightning again

Watch the crits fly on every mob in that clock for 3 whole seconds :)
But timing is everything with ribbit.

Long story short the crit from ribbits 3 second arcane ability seems to outweigh the fact that my actual damage is much lower while using ribbit compared to ethyl!!!

Covert
09-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Ethyl is amazing at mowing down mobs in tombs

Michael Guzman
09-15-2014, 07:36 PM
Ribbit and ethyl are definitely must haves! :)

Dwakell
09-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Ethyl is good

Kingofninjas
09-17-2014, 06:30 PM

Bro price of a pet isn't dependent on the quality of the pet. There are so many crates being popped that the number of ethyl eggs will always be in surplus.

My advice to you would be to open that egg. It's mob slowing ability is incredibly useful in both pvp and pve. In pve it'll slow mobs down so you can spam pots fast enough and in pvp it will help you catch the runners. Great pet and always good to have in your stable.