PDA

View Full Version : pro scammers and con artist the darkside of AL / what can be done to right wrongs?

fiftyonecents
07-21-2014, 03:49 PM
So I am starting this thread up to see what others might be thinking on this matter.

My story is I was scammed once but it was minor items so not a big loss. On the other hand there are the others"" who work you like a project , make friends and earn your trust then take you for what they can. I witnessed it first hand it was not good. My friend lost 4 million gold in the process , nothing can be done. 4 mil gold isn't easy to come by. Not going to name any names , just keeping it simple. pls post any horror stories that may have happened to you, I am definitely interested to learn the chaos that goes on , behind the scenes.

Ornah
07-21-2014, 03:56 PM
Lol horror stories

tharidom
07-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Zeus can be scammed of 90mill gold and still be like meh;).

epicrrr
07-21-2014, 04:14 PM
horror story, i accidentally purchased the 8m deary.

lol

on topic - scams are expensive way ingame gold of telling us not to trust anyone too much over a game

tharidom
07-21-2014, 04:27 PM

lol

on topic - scams are expensive way ingame gold of telling us not to trust anyone too much over a game

Are u serious did u rlly buy it 0-o :').

fiftyonecents
07-21-2014, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=epicrrr;1741356]horror story, i accidentally purchased the 8m deary.

ouchy

SacredKnight
07-21-2014, 05:01 PM

lol

Wait....R E A L L Y?

Bangbam
07-21-2014, 06:35 PM
there was a deary 8,111,111 in auction... did you buy that one?
LOL

bhutkeyur
07-21-2014, 07:43 PM
One of the guild officer scammed us for Midas Touch ap - I dont know what exact amount of Midas touch ap but after that most of guild officer need to sell their maul to pay the borrowed gold from friends. All quit game atm - even the people from we borrowed gold lol. I think this the biggest scam in AL history.

halcyon441
07-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Zeus can be scammed of 90mill gold and still be like meh;).
Please he'd cry, oh wait his parents can always buy him more

Energizeric
07-21-2014, 11:36 PM
This game is a virtual world and reflects real life in many ways. You have players who are rich, the working class, poor, con artists, beggars, etc. It is always going to be that way. And just like real life, when they get caught they get thrown in the slammer (i.e. banned).

Ihateppl
07-22-2014, 12:55 AM
I don't see why scammers would be a problem in this game, they can only con stupid ppl.

Oh wait.

Iliketolol
07-22-2014, 01:13 AM
I don't see why scammers would be a problem in this game, they can only con stupid ppl.

Oh wait.

dont underestimate a 'scammer', 99% of them are noobs but 1% of them are insanely smart loaded with all kind of dirty tricks..

i've been contacted with one of them (hes on ignore list) scammed one of the most informative player 5m and he didnt even realised till few weeks.

always be careful during trades.

Aziiii
07-22-2014, 02:07 AM
Someone scammed me for 400k seasons ago, when 400k was a lot of gold, ok it was my bad because i trusted, nothing i could of done much at that time , but he scammed my friends also ........that's not the ugly part.
The fact that bothers me is that after we took ss and proof , this person is still in game, active , months ago, even on lb .....i can see him because i have him on my ignore list.

My advice is don't judge a book by it's covers :)

Back
07-22-2014, 03:36 AM
As Trade rule suggests, if you gave something away, that's it, you gave it away. In the end you're the one to blame. I like to give out a few items to the needy but doesn't mean I expect something in return or someone to do the same for me. I don't trust anyone not even friends(Yes, I said it) when they want to borrow items. If we are good buddies I'll help him/her myself in any way I can, without him/her having to ask or do me a favor in return.

Chaozedong
07-22-2014, 01:51 PM
there was a deary 8,111,111 in auction... did you buy that one?
LOL

I took the time to check. It's still there. :smile:

fiftyonecents
07-22-2014, 04:22 PM
agreed, I have had several scammers on my ignore list that have changed there names with platinum several times, made reports ( useless at any rate ) can only do so much to combat '' scammers'' on your own as a gamer , you feel useless almost no one to listen to the trouble you experience , they would just tell you how its your own fault not there problem.

fiftyonecents
07-22-2014, 04:24 PM
dont underestimate a 'scammer', 99% of them are noobs but 1% of them are insanely smart loaded with all kind of dirty tricks..

i've been contacted with one of them (hes on ignore list) scammed one of the most informative player 5m and he didnt even realised till few weeks.

always be careful during trades.

Agreed, I have had several scammers on my ignore list that have changed there names with platinum several times, made reports ( useless at any rate ) can only do so much to combat '' scammers'' on your own as a gamer , you feel useless almost no one to listen to the trouble you experience , they would just tell you how its your own fault not there problem.

Atten
07-23-2014, 05:45 AM
Someone scammed me for 400k seasons ago, when 400k was a lot of gold, ok it was my bad because i trusted, nothing i could of done much at that time , but he scammed my friends also ........that's not the ugly part.
The fact that bothers me is that after we took ss and proof , this person is still in game, active , months ago, even on lb .....i can see him because i have him on my ignore list.

My advice is don't judge a book by it's covers :)

The same thing happened to me..That person still plays the game..STS "support"..