PDA

View Full Version : More complex quest, not so linear

rologa
01-12-2011, 07:06 AM
I think the current way of doing quest is too linear, you ever didn't need to pay attention to the dialog, only open conversation, go to the place, kill people and return.
I think more complex quest will make the game more interesting, adding a lot of possibilities like some plots on campaigns.

Suggestions

- Campaign with 2 or 3 factions faced trying to achieve a goal. Players can do quest helping one or other and depending of what quest the player finished more quests related are offered. What I mean is that if you help one faction to obtain something probably other faction not offer you a quest. The number of quest will be the same for all players but the type of quest and the rewards could be different. This will create the feeling of to be in a live world.

- Complex quest to obtain special objects. For example to go to a place full of specters you need a special weapon to kill them. You need to go to a dangerous abandoned mine to obtain the required rare metal to make it. After that you need to go to the place where a wise man can fabricate this kind of weapon. This man will want some money but also a special thing you need to do before (subquest). When weapon ready he can advise you to obtain special object to extra protection without it will be more difficult to defeat specters, etc.

There are many possibilities, and with some plots and a generic storyline the world will be much more attractive and people will keep interest for more time.

Tree Dude
01-12-2011, 09:47 AM
I support this. Having played both WoW and GW, I actually stuck with GW longer because the quests were much more fun and involved (and much more balanced PvP).

I imaging if/when they implement crafting we will see more complex quests.