PDA

View Full Version : Full int vs full dex mage

Marika1
07-22-2014, 03:46 PM
So i do not have 3x combo right now and i don't wanna respec to full int because of that but, for farming purposes only, which is faster full dex mage wearing swift / phoenix bow or full int mage wearing fiery / burning bush branch. I strongly suspect full int is better for farming but i am not sure. What do you guys say? Thanks.

Sheugokin
07-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Yus definitely int. With fiery, you'll nuke all bosses lol.

If you are running mega maze to cap, full dex may be better because talon kills enemies faster. But other than that, stay true to the class.

Marika1
07-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Thanks. When i said farming was actually thinking about running Feast or Dragon Nest in BSM. So you say full int is better than full dex. What about 157 int rest dex or enough to wear swift set and the rest int vs full int? Is full int still the best? Only interested in speed not number of deaths :)

Sheugokin
07-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Full int is the best IMO. Idk people still disagree tho.

Xyzther
07-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Int

Mayaross
07-22-2014, 04:30 PM
When my mage in 3x combo I usually change to swift elite bow (300 dex rest int) way faster than pure int in fiery. Works fine on nest magma lair but not for slayer/forgotten.

abejaazeb
07-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Yus definitely int. With fiery, you'll nuke all bosses lol.

If you are running mega maze to cap, full dex may be better because talon kills enemies faster. But other than that, stay true to the class.

thanks for the tip for capping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trenton
07-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Int
Thank you for your elaborate response

Marika1
07-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Everything was fine everybody was saying the same thing...now im confused again. :)

Sheugokin
07-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Thank you for your elaborate response

Thank you for the contribution to the understanding of the pros/cons of INT vs. DEX mage!

Trenton
07-22-2014, 04:48 PM
Thank you for the contribution to the understanding of the pros/cons of INT vs. DEX mage!
You're welcome ^.^

Sheugokin
07-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Everything was fine everybody was saying the same thing...now im confused again. :)

Ok, 300 dex when you are 76, allows you to use the weapon Bow of the Phoenix, a very deadly bow. However it is EXTREMELY squishy. If you don't know what you are doing, you can get 2-3 hit KOed by enemies, and 2 shotted by the intense mages in Dragon Lair and Red Dragon Slayer. So, fiery is again a little better.

Red Dragon Slayer is only for 76s and with that, is this Dragon which spawns minions every time a 1/4 of its health depletes. And by all means, he is not easy, well shall I say, his minions are not easy, especially the pesky mages. As Mayaross stated, you can't use swift and expect to win with a team because 1) U are squishy if using Phoenix Bow, 2) Heal is horrific 3) No mana fast. However, int mages can 1) Tank a bit better, 2) Able to support team better (heal/rev), and 4) Spam skills without worrying about Mana.

Forgotten Forest is the newest addition to the map if I had not mistaken. The dragon is also very tanky, named Dragonet. Similar idea with the Red Dragon, it spawns minions but ones that are tanky and not nuky. IMO, it is much easier than Slayer.

Hope this is a better clarification.

Marika1
07-22-2014, 05:09 PM
Thanks again Sheu. I think i understand now. So, if both chars would have 100% dodge and like 5000 armor, (unkill-able), phoenix bow is faster than fiery.

But as it stands, with the current stats, Fiery provides more armor and thus u are stronger and harder to kill. In the real world, Fiery might be faster than Phoenix even, because if u die and u are alone or there are no mages to rev, you have to start over from the beginning with the ''walk of shame''. :) Am i getting this correctly?

Oh and i am familiar with the red dragon and his dirty, dirty minions. Those things dont even care about savage mages let alone dex/fiery mages.

Xyzther
07-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Ok, 300 dex when you are 76, allows you to use the weapon Bow of the Phoenix, a very deadly bow. However it is EXTREMELY squishy. If you don't know what you are doing, you can get 2-3 hit KOed by enemies, and 2 shotted by the intense mages in Dragon Lair and Red Dragon Slayer. So, fiery is again a little better.

Red Dragon Slayer is only for 76s and with that, is this Dragon which spawns minions every time a 1/4 of its health depletes. And by all means, he is not easy, well shall I say, his minions are not easy, especially the pesky mages. As Mayaross stated, you can't use swift and expect to win with a team because 1) U are squishy if using Phoenix Bow, 2) Heal is horrific 3) No mana fast. However, int mages can 1) Tank a bit better, 2) Able to support team better (heal/rev), and 4) Spam skills without worrying about Mana.

Forgotten Forest is the newest addition to the map if I had not mistaken. The dragon is also very tanky, named Dragonet. Similar idea with the Red Dragon, it spawns minions but ones that are tanky and not nuky. IMO, it is much easier than Slayer.

Hope this is a better clarification.

Phoenix bow for Mage isn't very good, only powerful auto attacks. A branch Mage is extremely deadly, with it's drain ability (or whatever it's called I haven't played this game as a Mage in months) it can hit up to 800 which tears through the elite red dragon and dragonet even if their armor hasn't been debuffed yet

Smithyyy
07-22-2014, 05:33 PM
no, point is that dex is only better cuz of the faster AUTO attacking speed and higher per hit dmg of its weapons (bow, which is op in auto dmg)
with 100% dodge and 5000 armor, u can't assume phoenix is faster cuz u would deplete mana quicker than fiery

tbh fiery is best in mega maze if ur a good mage and know how to farm/group skillspam mash

Sheugokin
07-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Thanks again Sheu. I think i understand now. So, if both chars would have 100% dodge and like 5000 armor, (unkill-able), phoenix bow is faster than fiery.

But as it stands, with the current stats, Fiery provides more armor and thus u are stronger and harder to kill. In the real world, Fiery might be faster than Phoenix even, because if u die and u are alone or there are no mages to rev, you have to start over from the beginning with the ''walk of shame''. :) Am i getting this correctly?

Oh and i am familiar with the red dragon and his dirty, dirty minions. Those things dont even care about savage mages let alone dex/fiery mages.

Um your hypothetical scenario is still not really THAT good. Dex mages w/ that much dodge/ health pool still would not be good for heals/skills/combos.

synfullmagic_23110
07-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Full int way better than full dex