PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Staff

Cabero
01-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Does the new crystal staff do aoe dmg? Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Echelong
01-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Does the new crystal staff do aoe dmg? Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Cinco suggested a proc like the laser wand.

Arterra
01-12-2011, 02:45 PM
do tell me what proc the laser wand has. never noticed one.

Inching
01-12-2011, 09:23 PM
what r the stats of the crystal staff compared to keeper? which is better? and what is the keeper set i hear about????

KingFu
01-12-2011, 09:25 PM
do tell me what proc the laser wand has. never noticed one.

I have tested crystal staff and laser wand. No aoe, but there is deffinately a hidden proc. Didn't notice anything on the stats themselves though. Unless it's like execute combo and allows a debuff (most likely lightning storm) to stack, but I haven't tried that. They have the same animation (lightning over head and blackening at feet) but cinco either ignored, or didn't notice my question in chat when I asked what the debuff was.

Inching
01-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I have tested crystal staff and laser wand. No aoe, but there is deffinately a hidden proc. Didn't notice anything on the stats themselves though. Unless it's like execute combo and allows a debuff (most likely lightning storm) to stack, but I haven't tried that. They have the same animation (lightning over head and blackening at feet) but cinco either ignored, or didn't notice my question in chat when I asked what the debuff was.

is the keeper staff still highest damage ??

KingFu
01-12-2011, 09:28 PM
is the keeper staff still highest damage ??

Yes, keeper staff has much higher damage (about 42) and aoe. 1 less crit though. I wanna get the debuff sorted out before saying which you should favor though....

giayuan
01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Speaking of debuff, what is this execute thing? Either I was lagging, or I executed a mob 10 times in a row -______-

Ellyidol
01-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Isn't "Execute" the proc when a bear uses a Vibra + Hellscream?

KingFu
01-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Speaking of debuff, what is this execute thing? Either I was lagging, or I executed a mob 10 times in a row -______-

Execute is the combo that vibra, cyber sword, and hax (possible hate battle sword) have. From my testing it is activated by he'll scream and give you the ability to stack he'll scream multiple times.

giayuan
01-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Yup, I was using hax. Is it hellscream? thanks so much! I really enjoyed execute coming up on top of one another and hearing the STUPID F****************** elite djinn scream MUAAHAHAHAHAHA....sigh...

Arterra
01-12-2011, 11:30 PM
They have the same animation (lightning over head and blackening at feet) but cinco either ignored, or didn't notice my question in chat when I asked what the debuff was.

sorry to say this, but animation is not always a clue towards proc. i could dig up my thread on shock lance misconceptions where we argued about procs, and animations, but you get my drift. also, how many times have we tried proving there is no lightning proc?

Bonniewinters
01-12-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm sorry for being the biggest nub ever, and I did do searches on these, but.....

What does proc mean? .....and..... What is the keeper set/bonuses? (I'm assuming the set is shadow gear + keeper staff) .....and....aoe means area of effect?!?! I think?! Does that mean the keeper staff hits surrounding mobs with a little damage?

Thanks!

Arterra
01-12-2011, 11:56 PM
proc is whatever bonus debuff the weapon gives when it his people, like hammers can stun or dark weapons can give nightmare/weakness debuff.
to see new set bonuses go to where they announced the update, patch notices perhaps.
aoe yes area of effect. mobs next to target are hurt with keeper staff, and some other fire/ice ones. also can be used for skills like fireblast (aoe around you)

Yetieater
04-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Execute is the combo that vibra, cyber sword, and hax (possible hate battle sword) have. From my testing it is activated by he'll scream and give you the ability to stack he'll scream multiple times.

I have performed 'execute' combo with iceberg hatchet... are you sure that combo is weapon dependent? What is the seqence ?

Arterra
04-02-2011, 02:02 PM
I have performed 'execute' combo with iceberg hatchet... are you sure that combo is weapon dependent? What is the seqence ?

O.o sure it wasnt somebody else in the team? just making sure, that would mean that a lot of weapons might have it...

drewcapu
04-02-2011, 02:45 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if iceberg hatchet had it. Don't have one to test though.

Yetieater
04-03-2011, 12:19 PM
O.o sure it wasnt somebody else in the team? just making sure, that would mean that a lot of weapons might have it...

I was alone because I was farming for recipes in MD. In fact it could be iceberg frozen longsword - currently I use two sets of iceberg weapons. I noticed this combo once and I can't repeat this again :( - so I've asked for the sequence.