PDA

View Full Version : New Gem Idea

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 12:11 AM
In sight of the Ursoths Assault event giving us another new gem "Elondrian Life Shard" I thought I would take it upon myself to think of another partially useful gem :D

"The Iron Wall Gem"
Gives the user +35 armor at standard level and +70 armor at perfection ( end game ). The best gem for tanks, lol..

"Precision Gem"
Grants the user +1 Crit at standard level and +2 crit at perfection, more of a rogue type of thing..

"Lightning Spirit Gem"
Grants the user +8% Speed on normal and +15% On grand.

"Merlins Gem"
Grants the user +100 mana at standard level and +190 mana at perfection, a mages alternative to Glacial gems..

After vigorous brainstorming for a very long time ( 38 seconds ), I came up with this idea!

The Arcane Gem D:
Grants the user +9 Primary stat, +10DMG, there is no Grand Arcane Gem seeing as they are so rare. They will drop from Locks and grant Achievement and Title, possibly could be bought for 350 Dragkin or be looted from the Elite Golden Chest/XXX, another idea is that an incredibly rare essence would drop from the current highest elite boss and 10 would be needed to craft the gem.
Their colour will be a darker yet somewhat more illuminated shade of red as to not be confused for a blood gem.

Mythic Gem, Grants the user +6 Primary stat +4DMG, no Grand Gem seeing the rarity value and it will Drop from Locks as well as Elite Golden Elite Chests from whichever expansion map it comes out in. Grants AP etc.

Acid Gem ( Weapons Only ):
Gives 4% chance to proc acid which does DoT, no grand.

Divine Shield Gem ( Armor Only ):
Gives a 5% Chance to proc a significant Health regeneration, however this gem increases healing skill reload time by +7% per gem. ( No grand )

Inferno Gem, drops from locks and is Mythic Rarity ( Grants AP etc. ): Upgrading an item with this gem makes the user invulnerable to ice patches and gives the user a +7.5% to melt the patch per gem ( No grand ).

Frozen Heart Gem, drops from locks and is Mythic Rarity etc. : Upgrading an item with this gem decreases the amount of damage taken by fire terrain by 5% and also gives the user a +6% chance to flash freeze the fire upon contact per gem.

Over Kill Gem ( If you can think of a better name please suggest ) : Granted every 2500 kills, using this gem will carry on 5% ( 8% at grand ) of the excess damage from one target to the next when attacked. E.g. Killing a Skeleton that has 5HP using an attack that does 1000dmg,
5% of 995 dmg ( 49.75, rounded to 50 ) would go onto the next target.

Divine Spirit Gem: Gives the user a 8% Chance to revive with 10% HP when killed ( does not stack, revived in same position with a 1.5 second invulnerability ).

Note: All gem values are based upon an endgame (Level 41) user.

Micro Upgrades ( Another idea, just posted on the same thread )

Mirco Upgrades will allow a player to further enhance their weapon to their choosing, this will be available to players whom use a Legendary, Mythic or Arcane Item. The higher the rarity the larger the quantity of upgrades allowed and the larger variety too.

Here is an example with a Mythic item, Vigilant Pavise of Fitness.
There will be a technology tree, players will be able to select one of 3 improvements to start off with:

-Base stat/STR
Essentially selecting this will increase the items STR given as well as its DPS and further enhancements along the way

-Secondary Stat/DEX
Increase Dexterity, dodge and crit as well as more special abilities such as mini procs e.g. "Fog" user has +50% dodge for 2 seconds

-Proc
Increases the damage and stun time of the weapons proc as well as more miniature improvements such as push back or a static DoT

Elements of Arlor, could there be elements in Arcane Legends? Such as Fire, Earth, Air and Water? Possibly Mythic and Arcane rarity items would be able to under go such a process as to infuse them with more power as to be able to aid one with the power of nature! Each element will allow the user to have special bonuses in Non-PvP maps giving them an advantage over a specific terrain. For example, a fire fusion would allow the user to be immune to ice patches and take less damage from fire terrain.

Just some ideas here :)

And to all those who said my original ideas for an Arcane and Mythic Gem to add DMG boost as well as higher PS boost : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180042-The-Road-to-Necropolis-Arcane-Legends-Halloween-Tiered-Rewards!

-no
07-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Arcane gem sounds kinda cool. I'm down for anything that adds versatility to your build.

Visiting
07-23-2014, 12:15 AM
I like it! And yes I really do want to know why you edited XD

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 12:19 AM
I like it! And yes I really do want to know why you edited XD

lol, thanks for the thanks guys :)

And here is the answer to your question Ralchior...the answer to why I edited it.............Because....I...am...Batman.... ^-^

Ennex
07-23-2014, 12:20 AM
I think the presicion gem is abit too much.. it should be even lower... for example full grand presicion gears = +50% crit adding onto rouge base crit % it can add up to more than 80% crit chance (based on the rogue's gears,pets,etc) which is too OP.. rouge would be critring almost everytime.. [end game]

IGN: Passcode(W), Iimits(R), Rubrix(M)

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 12:22 AM
I think the presicion gem is abit too much.. it should be even lower... for example full grand presicion gears = +50% crit adding onto rouge base crit % it can add up to more than 80% crit chance (based on the rogue's gears,pets,etc) which is too OP.. rouge would be critring almost everytime.. [end game]

True, you have a point..but that being said they would need to sacrifice Fire Gems which would in turn partially lower their crit rate and their HP as well as DPS making them a little more susceptible to being squishy :3
But I do understand what you mean, if you or anyone in general have an idea for a gem just make a post and I will add it to the list :)

Ennex
07-23-2014, 12:24 AM
crit = 200% dmg.. ---> full grand fire gem gears cant even compare to that dmg..

Xeusx
07-23-2014, 12:24 AM
Reduce the normal precision gem crit into 1% and reduce the grand precision gem crit into 2%.
This should be good.

Ennex
07-23-2014, 12:25 AM
Reduce the normal precision gem crit into 1% and reduce the grand precision gem crit into 2%.
This should be good.
yea :) [emoji106]

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 12:46 AM
This should be good.

Updated :)

tharidom
07-23-2014, 02:39 AM
Sounds cool (especially the armor) except for the arcane gem, the difference between rich and poor already is big enough I would say.

ClumsyCactus
07-23-2014, 04:12 AM
The mana gem would be used by rogues, for close to infinite skillspamming...

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 05:03 AM
Sounds cool (especially the armor) except for the arcane gem, the difference between rich and poor already is big enough I would say.

It is a one time use item, besides locks are down to luck :) These gems could be looted from Elite Golden Chests from new cap zones? Who knows... :)

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 05:05 AM
The mana gem would be used by rogues, for close to infinite skill spamming...

I see what you mean there..but please I would prefer if people look at the idea and give positive criticism or an idea to make the idea better instead of totally disowning it.
:)

Bunny♥
07-23-2014, 05:12 AM
arcane gem is a good idea but to think, a player wont just need 1 of it, since items are worth 2-3 gem to be gemmed. A full arcane gemmed player would be so dam OP ... and get their pockets wrecked x)

Madnex
07-23-2014, 05:21 AM
Mages will be using the crit gems and rogues will be using the mana gems lol.

I'd like to see gems that reduce skill cooldowns, add chance to proc self-heal, chance to poison the enemy while you get hit, etc.

Plain stat gems are alright I guess but there's no variation in builds at all.

Rhaindra
07-23-2014, 06:36 AM
I like it. Up.. :)

-----Sorry for my English-----

ClumsyCactus
07-23-2014, 07:10 AM
I see what you mean there..but please I would prefer if people look at the idea and give positive criticism or an idea to make the idea better instead of totally disowning it.
:)
Oh, i think all the gems are a great idea! Also, if you would make the arcane gems a gold sink, so that you bought every gem for, lets say, 3 million i dont know, it would provide a great gold sink. However, they would need to have lower stats to not make the richer even better, and leave no chance to everyone Else...

utpal
07-23-2014, 10:56 AM
also put mythic gems.
it will giv +10 primary stat and +2dmg. it has no grand gem

Xeusx
07-23-2014, 10:59 AM
also put mythic gems.
it will giv +10 primary stat and +2dmg. it has no grand gem
1 mythic item with 3 mythic gems: +30 primary stats and +6 dmg, this is very Overpowered because combine mythic amulet, with mythic weapon, armor, helm, and ring.

utpal
07-23-2014, 12:13 PM
1 mythic item with 3 mythic gems: +30 primary stats and +6 dmg, this is very Overpowered because combine mythic amulet, with mythic weapon, armor, helm, and ring.

so arcane gem with +18 will not be OP? nvm lol

also those epic gems (blood glacial and fire) gives +3 normal and +6 grand.
and mythic gems should hav way more better stats then epic. and mythic gem has no grand.
got the point?

I also though about legendary gem.
it will hav +6 stata and some armour,crit,hp or mana.
it will hav no grand version too.

GoodSyntax
07-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Mages will be using the crit gems and rogues will be using the mana gems lol.

I'd like to see gems that reduce skill cooldowns, add chance to proc self-heal, chance to poison the enemy while you get hit, etc.

Plain stat gems are alright I guess but there's no variation in builds at all.

I like the idea of customizing PROCs....

To be honest, PROC customization should be a crafting thing, not necessarily a gemming thing. Crafting is an underutilized area of the game right now. The possibilities with crafting are endless and if done correctly (with single use recipes and material dropping from elite maps all over Arlor) could really reinvigorate elite maps!

Haligali
07-23-2014, 02:08 PM
I like gems so +1 to ideas.

However i think sorcerers will use crit gems, we have plenty mana but crit is what needed and rogues will use the mana gems, since they have plenty of crit, over 40% doesnt really matter but mana is always what they need.

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Added your ideas as well as some new ones :)

Xeusx
07-23-2014, 04:57 PM
so arcane gem with +18 will not be OP? nvm lol

also those epic gems (blood glacial and fire) gives +3 normal and +6 grand.
and mythic gems should hav way more better stats then epic. and mythic gem has no grand.
got the point?

I also though about legendary gem.
it will hav +6 stata and some armour,crit,hp or mana.
it will hav no grand version too.
So what arcane gem have? Only Primary stats, look at mythic gem, Mythic gem HAVE primary stat and damage, look at that gem again.
"I told you to double read before posting" That's your words, AND I'm using it because you didn't read seriously and didn't compare.
Arcane gem supposed to be the strongest gem, right? Then why you suggest mythic gem with a damage? *facepalm*
You are ruining the Rarity's strength because you are suggesting this OP mythic gem which OP than arcane gem.

I suggest mythic gem with +9 Primary stat.

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 05:27 PM
So what arcane gem have? Only Primary stats, look at mythic gem, Mythic gem HAVE primary stat and damage, look at that gem again.
"I told you to double read before posting" That's your words, AND I'm using it because you didn't read seriously and didn't compare.
Arcane gem supposed to be the strongest gem, right? Then why you suggest mythic gem with a damage? *facepalm*
You are ruining the Rarity's strength because you are suggesting this OP mythic gem which OP than arcane gem.

I suggest mythic gem with +9 Primary stat.

Updated.

Wutzgood
07-23-2014, 06:18 PM
I like them all except mythic/arcane gem. They are way too high. Arcane gems should be no more than +6 to all stats. That's like getting 3 super gems for one. Anything higher is just too high IMO. Think about a set with 15 gems that add +18 to all stats?!?

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 07:04 PM
I like them all except mythic/arcane gem. They are way too high. Arcane gems should be no more than +6 to all stats. That's like getting 3 super gems for one. Anything higher is just too high IMO. Think about a set with 15 gems that add +18 to all stats?!?

Arcane gems would be as rare as other Arcane Items if not the Arcane Shard, they have no grand and like other gems are a one time use item.
Their supposed to be this good.

Wutzgood
07-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Arcane gems would be as rare as other Arcane Items if not the Arcane Shard, they have no grand and like other gems are a one time use item.
Their supposed to be this good.

With +6 to all 3 stats they would be an overpowered gem. Even with them being arcane rarity +18 to all stats is absurdly over powered for a single gem and wouldn't be good for the game. It would be too good for a gem. The others all sound great.

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 07:37 PM
With +6 to all 3 stats they would be an overpowered gem. Even with them being arcane rarity +18 to all stats is absurdly over powered for a single gem and wouldn't be good for the game. It would be too good for a gem. The others all sound great.

I understand what you mean, but gems are seriously under rated and I think they can and should be used to add a more interesting builds and procs. Arcane weapons are seriously OP compared to other weapons and that is expected due to their rarity, same respects should go to the gem.

Wutzgood
07-23-2014, 08:06 PM
I understand what you mean, but gems are seriously under rated and I think they can and should be used to add a more interesting builds and procs. Arcane weapons are seriously OP compared to other weapons and that is expected due to their rarity, same respects should go to the gem.

Gems are far from underrated. Also you can't think of just one gem. You have to add up the total amount if points a full mythic set with those gems would equal. 15x18= way too many points from gems even arcane rarity ones. Those kinds of point increases would ruin pvp and there are rich enough people in the game that would get a full set with those gems.

To improve your idea just make versatility gems with that arcane rarity that add +3 to all stats for normal gem or +6 to all for a super. Those would still be extremely powerful but reasonable and worth the rarity.

SacredKnight
07-23-2014, 09:06 PM
Gems are far from underrated. Also you can't think of just one gem. You have to add up the total amount if points a full mythic set with those gems would equal. 15x18= way too many points from gems even arcane rarity ones. Those kinds of point increases would ruin pvp and there are rich enough people in the game that would get a full set with those gems.

To improve your idea just make versatility gems with that arcane rarity that add +3 to all stats for normal gem or +6 to all for a super. Those would still be extremely powerful but reasonable and worth the rarity.

I do think about this .-.

Int
07-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Arcane gem is too OP lol, each mythic, arcane item would have +54 of each stats lol, +3 or +6 of all stats would be balanced

SacredKnight
07-24-2014, 01:01 AM
Arcane gem is too OP lol, each mythic, arcane item would have +54 of each stats lol, +3 or +6 of all stats would be balanced

lol, I see what you guys mean...I will edit it a bit..

Xeusx
07-24-2014, 02:07 AM
lol, I see what you guys mean...I will edit it a bit..
+8 of all stats is Overpowered IMO. +9 Primary stat will solve the problem (for arcane gem).
+6 Primary stat for mythic gem will solve the problem too.

#ProblemSolved

SacredKnight
07-24-2014, 02:11 AM
+8 of all stats is Overpowered IMO. +9 Primary stat will solve the problem (for arcane gem).
+6 Primary stat for mythic gem will solve the problem too.

#ProblemSolved
lol

SacredKnight
07-27-2014, 05:27 AM
Any more thoughts guys?

obee
07-27-2014, 05:45 AM
Wow sounds amazing...but rogues might be too op with the crit

famousfame
07-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Actually for once iv seen an original idea well done.
I doubt though will see sts implement as its all about the Benjamin's baby!!!

obee
07-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Is there any other way from this to not come from locks lol. Like have the arcane gem maybe 500 essences or even more. Problem though is inv space

SacredKnight
07-28-2014, 12:46 AM
Is there any other way from this to not come from locks lol. Like have the arcane gem maybe 500 essences or even more. Problem though is inv space

Yes, this is something I was think about... Possibly the Arcane Gem could come from the Elite Golden Chest ( XXX ) too?
Or it could be bought for 350 Dragkin teeth?

SacredKnight
07-29-2014, 04:35 AM
Updated

Back
07-29-2014, 11:50 AM
Armor Gems for tanks. DO IT

SacredKnight
07-30-2014, 01:03 AM
Armor Gems for tanks. DO IT

We can dream :)

SacredKnight
07-31-2014, 05:16 AM
Updated.

SacredKnight
08-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Anymore ideas guys? :)

Andrisber
08-02-2014, 05:31 AM
Hmmm...how about Prestige Gem? Essences are dropping from every elite boss only ONCE! Drops in a special quest, or maybe 1 essence per killing a boss for 20 or 15 times. Gem would have +3 INT, +3 STR, +3 DEX, +100 armor, +50 Dps, +50 Health
It won't be tradeable or stashable of course, so people won't spam it. Rarity would be myth and it could grant the aps for Myth Rank 2, including a bannerless banner popping orange, random myth item from your head, like a Helm/Armor things, not actual items.

Jurmans
08-02-2014, 05:33 AM
Hmmm...how about Prestige Gem? Essences are dropping from every elite boss only ONCE! Drops in a special quest, or maybe 1 essence per killing a boss for 20 or 15 times. Gem would have +3 INT, +3 STR, +3 DEX, +100 armor, +50 Dps, +50 Health
It won't be tradeable or stashable of course, so people won't spam it. Rarity would be myth and it could grant the aps for Myth Rank 2, including a bannerless banner popping orange, random myth item from your head, like a Helm/Armor things, not actual items.

Hmmm lol these values make no sense.

SacredKnight
08-12-2014, 05:18 AM
Hmmm lol these values make no sense.

He means, every time you kill a boss 15 times in total you earn one essence or every time you kill an elite boss you get an essence but only once per boss and only a a specific quest. Supposedly you need 10 essences for each gem, the stats on the gems would be +3 all stat, =100 armor +50 dps ( needs DMG Andrisber not DPS ) and +50HP. The gem won't be stashable and supposedly neither would the essences. Gem would be Rank 2 Mythic and including a particle affect banner classed vanity that creates some sort of mythic thing ( My suggestion is Arcane Glyph's ).

So that is a summary of what HE suggested ;)

Any more thoughts guys?

SacredKnight
08-12-2014, 11:49 PM
^_^

Arpluvial
08-13-2014, 12:07 AM
Hey guys! I have moved this to the AL Suggestions and Feedback portion of the forums.

SacredKnight
08-13-2014, 12:12 AM
Hey guys! I have moved this to the AL Suggestions and Feedback portion of the forums.

Ok, thanks :)

fiftyonecents
08-13-2014, 01:13 PM
+ 10 for the ( iron wall ) gem , good idea I would rename it too ( steel ) gem or simply ( plate) gem

Not sure about the rest of your descriptions just yet, interesting thread regardless. Good ideas :)

Nice thread

SacredKnight
08-14-2014, 02:00 AM
+ 10 for the ( iron wall ) gem , good idea I would rename it too ( steel ) gem or simply ( plate) gem

Not sure about the rest of your descriptions just yet, interesting thread regardless. Good ideas :)

Nice thread

SacredKnight
08-28-2014, 12:48 AM
Updated ^_^

Caabatric
08-30-2014, 07:03 PM
this completely changes pvp and pve.
but if you think about it the gems are against the mages. Fire and ice reduced dmg = bad for mages. Unless you mean only works in pve.

SacredKnight
08-31-2014, 12:43 AM
this completely changes pvp and pve.
but if you think about it the gems are against the mages. Fire and ice reduced dmg = bad for mages. Unless you mean only works in pve.

I was thinking that the stat boosting gems were for PvE and PvP whilst the Element based gems are for PvE only. The gems that provide a proc I think should be in PvP but I would like to know what you think ;)

Caabatric
08-31-2014, 02:18 AM
I was thinking that the stat boosting gems were for PvE and PvP whilst the Element based gems are for PvE only. The gems that provide a proc I think should be in PvP but I would like to know what you think ;)

Thx for clearing that up.
I think that this would be great and would add strategy to the game along with adding some class balance in pvp.
Pve will be changed forever and I would love to see this implemented.
:) great idea

SacredKnight
08-31-2014, 03:45 AM
Thx for clearing that up.
I think that this would be great and would add strategy to the game along with adding some class balance in pvp.
Pve will be changed forever and I would love to see this implemented.
:) great idea

Thanks!

fiftyonecents
08-31-2014, 04:48 PM
your welcome ..haahahah

SacredKnight
09-01-2014, 12:48 AM
your welcome ..haahahah

lol

SacredKnight
10-07-2014, 08:16 PM
So....New Gem :/ +7DMG How about that?