PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for being so patient with our whining

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 04:13 PM
I'd like to say thank you for fixing the drop rate, and the economy.

Shadow Caves items will now be worth money, and once again, gold is worth something.

For some reason, Shadow Caves are now much more fun.

Victory Lap will be worth farming now, Rift/Void/Cosmo will still be worthwhile.

Thank you

StompArtist
01-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I'd like to say thank you for fixing the drop rate, and the economy.

Shadow Caves items will now be worth money, and once again, gold is worth something.

For some reason, Shadow Caves are now much more fun.

Victory Lap will be worth farming now, Rift/Void/Cosmo will still be worthwhile.

Thank you, and apology accepted.(Even if you didn't say sorry)

Ah well... back to leveling a new toon for me. Farming is not my thing.

Kossi
01-12-2011, 04:17 PM
dont assume....

Refriedchicken
Meh, what am I assuming?

Lesrider
Lol yes, thank you.
Now I see they agreed with us, but probably denied it so as not to tip us off to the changes.

To everyone that called us whiners or complainers -- well, the "whiners" won.

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 04:19 PM
all we are is airborn minidirt

Physiologic
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Proof that they listen to people that matter the most to them.

We are their children

Pharcyde
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Who here thinks shadow items prices will be fairly high once market balances out? Been testing around with drop rates a little, in ao3, you can't really get a green drop on a boss. In elite dungeon, white and green items are dropping on boss kills. Me likey the low low drop rates. Low drop rates with about 50/50 chance of getting a boss :). Idk what actual spawn rates are, but I have been getting 2-3 bosses every 5 dungeon runs.

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 04:21 PM
I feel like me and Les single(dual)handidly fixed the economy.

GOGOGOGO TROLLZ

Phaded
01-12-2011, 04:21 PM

We are their children

Ah yes, the only ones who matter: forum posters who complain when things don't go their way. Yuck.

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Ah yes, the only ones who matter: forum posters who complain when things don't go their way. Yuck.

You're complaining about us complaining! :D

Lesrider
01-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Who here thinks shadow items prices will be fairly high once market balances out? Been testing around with drop rates a little, in ao3, you can't really get a green drop on a boss. In elite dungeon, white and green items are dropping on boss kills. Me likey the low low drop rates. Low drop rates with about 50/50 chance of getting a boss :). Idk what actual spawn rates are, but I have been getting 2-3 bosses every 5 dungeon runs.

2-3 bosses over an entire 5 runs of the entire shadow caves? Or 2-3 bosses every full run?

StompArtist
01-12-2011, 04:24 PM

Well with the low drop rates now back in and the monsters being the same as the desert this update just turned into "the new dungeon that kept the game exactly the same as before". lol

Physiologic
01-12-2011, 04:27 PM

I've only complained about one thing throughout the past three days: the monotony of the shadow caves. I've been relatively neutral about the economic standpoint but agree that the economy did face potential disaster. Im sure the devs saw this as well. Yes, there are forum whiners and yes they could have expressed their opinion in a more mature fashion but the fact remains that 100% pink drops ripped apart the economy since alien oasis 3 came out.

Pharcyde
01-12-2011, 04:28 PM
2-3 bosses over an entire 5 runs of the entire shadow caves? Or 2-3 bosses every full run?

2-3 bosses for every entire shadow caves. 4-6 if you count Shadow D'Jinn's. Anyone else having similar numbers or am I just getting lucky?

Cinco
01-12-2011, 04:29 PM
You, my friends, are welcome!

(As are you, my trolls.)

- Cinco

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm the only troll. D:

You didn't say sowee. =[

Kossi
01-12-2011, 04:31 PM
2-3 bosses for every entire shadow caves. 4-6 if you count Shadow D'Jinn's. Anyone else having similar numbers or am I just getting lucky?

i like this.

i did 2 runs and one boss appeared
both times noone got a pink

im sooo happy i decided to get my sentinal and all other dex stuff before update

Phaded
01-12-2011, 04:34 PM
You're complaining about us complaining! :D

Lol that made me laugh :p

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
i like this.

i did 2 runs and one boss appeared
both times noone got a pink

im sooo happy i decided to get my sentinal and all other dex stuff before update

I know right, I only farmed one set, and spent like 200k on Dex/Str sets, and an extra Keeper set(with staff, not doll/wand)

browndanielusn
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Well with the low drop rates now back in and the monsters being the same as the desert this update just turned into "the new dungeon that kept the game exactly the same as before". lol

Not exactly the same... You get better gear and new maps... The mechanics are back to the same thing...which is awesome.

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Not exactly the same... You get better gear and new maps... The mechanics are back to the same thing...which is awesome.

Yup.

It's not the only place for farm anymore, either.

Some people don't want to farm it because it's brutally long, and have a chance to not even have a chance to get a drop. :p

I personally think each monster there should have a 75% chance to drop a green, to make it worth it in liquidation cash, but meh.

Snakespeare
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
The way it is now is much more balanced. I was arguing with the "I am bored" baby-ish nonsense, and I always will. Heard too much of it from my kids and grandkids, I guess. But technically, this is more balanced, and is probably what was intended. LesRider is probably right that they did not want to tip off that it was an error.

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Whoa, you have grandkids?

That's cute<3

I don't think it was an error, I just think they didn't see the consequences and didn't want to admit it. :p

PS: I find it funny how many people are in love with the nerf, compared to how many people loved the 100% drop rate and the horrible economy. :p

Physiologic
01-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I think it was a coding error as well...come on, 100% drop rates for the best equips in the game, for the entire party?

Which other MMO has done this?!?!

WoW? FF? MS? LaTale? Runescape?

(I played all of those btw)

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 04:43 PM
It wasn't a coding error, or they wouldn't have argued with the negative feedback. ^_^

I played RS, and FFXI, oh and some RSPS.
(I played Runescape when it was 2-D.)

Snakespeare
01-12-2011, 04:55 PM
I think it may have been a code error. They have never had 100% drop rates before, and pinks as quest rewards only started a few months ago.

Cinco
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
I / We do respond differently to different players' expressions of game issues.

Whist being flamed it's a lot more cathartic to 'deny, deny, deny!'

(Of course - at the same time - let the constructive contributors know what fixes we have in-mind.)

- Cinco

Snakespeare
01-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Now we know the real reason why Futumsh was being kept away from the MB. ;)

Pharcyde
01-12-2011, 05:23 PM

(Of course - at the same time - let the constructive contributors know what fixes we have in-mind.)

- Cinco

I will build you a castle of constructive criticism if you inform me about future updates :).

Lesrider
01-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Aww and here I thought I was giving constructive criticism. Guess I was wrong.

- Cinco

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Eh, constructive criticism apparently is only positive things. -.-

Justg
01-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Constructive criticism usually does not include dramatic and vast over-generalizations like how we "ruined" the game or" sucked the fun out of it".

StompArtist
01-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Constructive criticism usually does not include dramatic and vast over-generalizations like how we "ruined" the game or" sucked the fun out of it".

That reply just ruined this thread and sucked the fun out of my posting experience. :D

Lesrider
01-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Lol on the title fix.

Eh I lost track of everything I said. But I thought it at least started as constructive criticism.

krazii
01-12-2011, 06:03 PM

- Cinco

Point taken! Your patience with some of the comments in this forum is appreciated.

As for the drop rate, you sure it didn't function as intended, flood market with new pinks for a few days to get people interested, then scale back to keep people playing (a sound business practice for sure).

Also, Kudo's for new sets, keeps the VL pinks still viable.

Pharcyde
01-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Eh, constructive criticism apparently is only positive things. -.-

not always true. Be possitive about your negative post and give insight. Example "Dude.. JustG, your freakin new update SUCKS! Lower the drop rate." Vs. "Hey JustG, love the new update! I see a potential problem though, drop rates are too high and might crash the economy." See how the way you talk makes all the difference?

Refriedchicken
01-12-2011, 11:33 PM
lol nice edit justg<3

Kujen
01-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Regarding constructive criticism: As with reviews anywhere about anything, you'll probably see more people complaining than people with positive or neutral opinions. The people who are unhappy are more likely to say something.

Riccits
01-13-2011, 02:44 AM
this update was too late... we all on forum have the equippment.. and some guy will buy missing parts.. but caves are death.. on my friend list i saw ppl only try once the caves then leaved bored.. i dont c any reason to play it again...
ppl which wasnt online coudnt farm nothing... ppl which was on after update are multimilonairs..
we all here had advantages, casual players remains empty...

StompArtist
01-13-2011, 08:01 AM
this update was too late... we all on forum have the equippment.. and some guy will buy missing parts.. but caves are death.. on my friend list i saw ppl only try once the caves then leaved bored.. i dont c any reason to play it again...
ppl which wasnt online coudnt farm nothing... ppl which was on after update are multimilonairs..

I was thinking about this a bit. I think that the main problem that is attempted to be patched or worked around here is not as much high/low drop rates or enemy randomly spawning as much as it is with the fact that dying doesn't affect anything. You go in these elite dungeon and it may take longer if you are in a weaker group but throw in a mage or 2 and it's rev spamming which makes the group still successful in clearing the dungeon... since deaths do not have any impact of any kind on your toon it really doesn't matter. Takes the skill out of the game and replaces it with patience. I do not have that kind of patience but some people do. The caves (just like farming for rift stuff) becomes a simple patience game... nothing to loose and the patient players get rich. No skills involved at all, good players not getting more than poor players if only getting through the levels slightly faster. Not complaining here just an observation.

I would enjoy seeing the whole dungeon "reset" when the party wipes out for example...

Echelong
01-13-2011, 08:15 AM
I don't see a problem with rare drops and rare portal spawn but, I would like for bosses not to be rare. Last night we cleared a level and had the last mob and we where ok boss now and to our surprise it was a desert guy -_-. I loved the shadow caves but there is no sense in farming since you use a lot of pots not enough money made from kills and drops and bosses don't spawn.

Lesrider
01-13-2011, 08:18 AM
I don't see a problem with rare drops and rare portal spawn but, I would like for bosses not to be rare. Last night we cleared a level and had the last mob and we where ok boss now and to our surprise it was a desert guy -_-. I loved the shadow caves but there is no sense in farming since you use a lot of pots not enough money made from kills and drops and bosses don't spawn.

Ah is that how it works? A desert guy spawns instead of boss? Maybe they're just having fun playing with this new spawning system (just started using it on the portal, am I right?) and haven't decided how they want it to work yet?

Echelong
01-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Ah is that how it works? A desert guy spawns instead of boss? Maybe they're just having fun playing with this new spawning system (just started using it on the portal, am I right?) and haven't decided how they want it to work yet?

Sucks you kill everything and you get the last one and only a regular mob sitting in the boss spawn. I did it for a few times but only 1 boss spawned and all he gave where whites and yellows. If at least it was worth the while and mobs dropped more gold and trash items to sell it would be better. But in each run only win about 2k gold at max which is even lower than AO2 or 3. Great dungeon but far to little reward now. Last night it was hard to find a group that would like farming it.

thugimmortal
01-13-2011, 08:29 AM

We are their children

Wheres my dummy

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/thugimmortal/15471998a66278176b500829802l.jpg

CowboyJim
01-13-2011, 08:32 AM
I liked being able to get new pinks by the handful since I was fairly poor. I agree that the drop rates needed to be lowered but I think the random spawn bosses makes it too difficult without enough reward for the casual player, or the player that doesn't have time to play 40+ hours a week. I have a friend at work, for example, who wasn't able to play during those three days due to family obligations, work, etc. and now he has to either grind ridiculously through the random spawn/random drops for endless hours (which obviously he doesn't have) or spend ridiculous amounts of gold for the new items. I guess he'll just have to keep wearing his A03 stuff until the next update. And yes, I gifted him with some of the loot I picked up during the generous pink drops. Put the bosses back, keep the drop rate low would help these guys a lot......Thanks devs for all you do.....

Lesrider
01-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Just throwing this out there...
I like the idea of having a chance of different things spawning in the same spot. But, perhaps instead of having common enemies spawn sometimes in the place of the bosses, they could just have the different bosses switch places. Basically, any of the elite bosses can spawn at any of the spawn spots. So you could end up with an entire 6-floor run of the weapon-dropping boss, or another time get no weapons at all. Still shouldn't have 100% drop rate -- I guess the right drop rate will be ironed out. But this would still provide an element of surprise, and keep the market from becoming predictable, since at any point one of the items could be rarer than the others.

What do you guys think?

Riccits
01-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Just throwing this out there...
I like the idea of having a chance of different things spawning in the same spot. But, perhaps instead of having common enemies spawn sometimes in the place of the bosses, they could just have the different bosses switch places. Basically, any of the elite bosses can spawn at any of the spawn spots. So you could end up with an entire 6-floor run of the weapon-dropping boss, or another time get no weapons at all. Still shouldn't have 100% drop rate -- I guess the right drop rate will be ironed out. But this would still provide an element of surprise, and keep the market from becoming predictable, since at any point one of the items could be rarer than the others.

What do you guys think?

there would be many methods to improve loot rate... anything would be good... and sure, when the dungeon have suprises like random spawning bosses, it would be real fun! and drope rate would be enough of ao3 bosses... we are talking about a elite dungeon!
but when farming green ice begins to be much easier it wont be a played dungeon...and how i said before.. we all have our gear... no need to pain us with this....

Pharcyde
01-13-2011, 03:54 PM

Thats how it should be. Encourages frequent game play and why would we want casual players running around with millions of coins in a wheel barrel? People who are above that "Casual" level get the benefits of limited time spoils. This was totally a limited time spoil.