PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade your vanity armor with particle effects....

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 06:40 PM
Here is another idea to get people farming again....

For those of you who played Pocket Legends, we all remember how different "sets" had different particle effects. There were some with flames, some with smoke, some with sparkles, and the flames, smoke and sparkles were sometimes different colors depending on the set. I have posted some pictures below for anyone who never played Pocket Legends.

So here is my idea:

1) A new item called a "particle gem" will be added to the game as a very rare drop from elite tindirin bosses. There will be 6 different types of particle gems. They will be mythic rarity items which can be re-rolled from a legendary drop.

The 6 types of particle gems will be as follows:

Black Smoke Particle Gem
Blue Smoke Particle Gem

Red Flame Particle Gem
Purple Flame Particle Gem

White Sparkle Particle Gem
Green Sparkle Particle Gem

Of course the color combos could be anything, but those are some combinations I remember from Pocket Legends that looked really nice.

2) All vanity armors will have a single gem slot, which can be upgraded using any of these particle gems.

3) Particle Gems will be tradable.

4) Any tradable vanity armor that is upgraded using a particle gem can also be traded.

5) When you wear a vanity armor that has been upgraded with a particle gem, the particle effects appear around your character from head to toe, and are visible both on the avatar screen and while walking around town/dungeons/PvP arenas.

6) Upgrading a vanity armor with a particle gem takes 5 days. Of course, you can use plat to speed this process up. (gotta have something here for STS :))

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/df9bc58d.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/bbc0b0b0.jpg

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/Pocket%20Legends/IMG_0778.png

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 06:41 PM
reserved

Edit: It seems that nobody liked the idea of these gems giving a stat bonus, so I have removed that from the original post.

SacredKnight
07-24-2014, 06:42 PM
I like the particle effect idea, but I don't think the +10 primary stat should be added. Also, I think if people have two slots ( one on each item ) then over lapping effects won't work well.
Personally I think there should be just the one slot on the plate/coat/armor piece.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 06:51 PM
I like the particle effect idea, but I don't think the +10 primary stat should be added. Also, I think if people have two slots ( one on each item ) then over lapping effects won't work well.
Personally I think there should be just the one slot on the plate/coat/armor piece.

Yes, only on the armor. No helm upgrades.

Regarding the stat bonus, I figured it would make it more interesting and desirable.

In Pocket Legends we had dragon vanity sets which gave stat bonuses. Eventually it was decided this was a bad idea because after some time everyone was wearing the same exact vanities and we all started to look alike. But in this case, you can use the particle gem on any vanity of your choice, so we will all still be able to have our customizable looks. So I don't see this being an issue.

SacredKnight
07-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Yes, only on the armor. No helm upgrades.

Regarding the stat bonus, I figured it would make it more interesting and desirable.

In Pocket Legends we had dragon vanity sets which gave stat bonuses. Eventually it was decided this was a bad idea because after some time everyone was wearing the same exact vanities and we all started to look alike. But in this case, you can use the particle gem on any vanity of your choice, so we will all still be able to have our customizable looks. So I don't see this being an issue.

True, but then everyone will have to wear a vanity. Some people like the way their armor looks and don't wear vanities.
Remember then the mothers day circlets gave a stat boost? Everyone wore them because of that, if vanities had stat bonuses then they will no longer be a vanity but an essential item.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 07:03 PM
True, but then everyone will have to wear a vanity. Some people like the way their armor looks and don't wear vanities.
Remember then the mothers day circlets gave a stat boost? Everyone wore them because of that, if vanities had stat bonuses then they will no longer be a vanity but an essential item.

So let them release an invisible vanity armor then. Maybe it should be sold from an NPC for a low price, and then you can upgrade the invisible vanity armor with a particle gem to get the bonus and the effects, but it would not cover up your regular armor. Just an idea....

But in general, I think most players wear vanity armors.

SacredKnight
07-24-2014, 07:13 PM
So let them release an invisible vanity armor then. Maybe it should be sold from an NPC for a low price, and then you can upgrade the invisible vanity armor with a particle gem to get the bonus and the effects, but it would not cover up your regular armor. Just an idea....

But in general, I think most players wear vanity armors.

I am not really focusing on the helm but, I do agree with you there. Most players wear vanities. But if they gain a bonus then their no longer considered vanities aren't they?

Morholt
07-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Hmmm, I like it, but would prefer there to be a slightly different approach to how to acquire the vanity gems.
Rather than having them be a drop, there should be essences that can only drop from elite endgame bosses. Takes...3 (?) to make them (but still be very rare drops--Nexus rare).
You then HAVE to go to Baldur. "Crafting such essences into a gem is no ordinary feat...! I will require a steep fee to do such a task." And he charges...hmm, 300k? Perhaps more, in my opinion. Also, crafting time would be 48 hours.

Remember, it's a vanity thing, so it should be expensive, as they are technically useless. This would be an excellent gold sink.

And add in that +10 primary stat and we will be giving users a good reason to want to put a vanity gem into more than just one of their vanities, making the gold sink effect even better.

Keep the 5 day upgrading time.
This means 7 days, start to finish. Gives sts a nice chance at selling platinum to users who want to be the first to craft and upgrade.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Good idea! Keep them coming :)

shaomau
07-24-2014, 09:45 PM
All I can say is " COOL, Nice Idea " :cool: :eagerness:

Bluevaporz
07-24-2014, 09:56 PM
+1 to this idea.

I'm not sure how easy it is for STS to implement this but I like this idea.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 09:59 PM
+1 to this idea.

I'm not sure how easy it is for STS to implement this but I like this idea.

In Pocket Legends we had elite rings which gave a sparkle effect to your toon no matter what armor you were using. Since AL uses the same game engine, it means it is possible for them to add a global particle effect like that.

Schnitzel
07-24-2014, 10:01 PM
To OP,

That is an AWESOME idea
+9001 votes

but please don't add stats to the vanities we decide to add particle effects to..

btw, who else wants demonic sparkles and sparkles like the Demonic sets in PL?

Wutzgood
07-24-2014, 10:13 PM
I like the idea except for the added stats. I'm sure that the idea was suggested during Mother's Day and they said there would never be permanent stats added to a vanity.

Although I think helmet particle upgrades would make more sense than bodies. A lot of bodies already have particles while no heads have any. Not sure if overlapping effects would work otherwise I wouldn't care which was used head or body.

Back
07-24-2014, 11:47 PM
Sparkles? Meh! Demonic glyph flames all the way. Enuff said

carel86
07-25-2014, 12:56 AM
nice idea.i like it, you great energizer, you have a lot of idea for this game, i appreciate it

Iliketolol
07-25-2014, 01:05 AM
that kung fu dude is so sexy *wink* jay *wink*:p

Digitalclock
07-25-2014, 04:08 AM
good idea but i don't agree primary stat.

Limsi
07-25-2014, 04:30 AM
Yes please!

Beastkeeper
07-25-2014, 06:45 AM
I agree this idea,but this is a vanity only,why you want put some stats on vanity?
I don't agree vanity has stats

Ennex
07-25-2014, 06:50 AM
I agree with beastkeeper +1

IGN: Passcode(W), Iimits(R), Rubrix(M)

Kakashis
07-25-2014, 07:53 AM
+1 to this idea but not to the stats. Just the particles is. Enough for someone to pay a few million for!

Energizeric
07-28-2014, 02:59 PM
It seems that I posted this idea on the wrong day, when all the drama over the Nekro introduction was taking place. So not many people paid attention to this thread.

Anyway, it seems that nobody liked the idea of these gems giving a stat bonus, so I have removed that part from the original post.

Any more thoughts or comments? Developers?

Bless
07-28-2014, 03:06 PM
+1, yes.

Gess
07-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Cool idea, not sure if this has a high priority atm but certainly something for the future. :)

Goodfella
07-28-2014, 07:45 PM
+1 for particle effect gems
And yea i think they shouldnt give stats only particles awesome idea :-)

nelson131
07-28-2014, 08:22 PM
awesome idea!

Zodiarck
07-29-2014, 12:08 AM
we have particle effects in sl pl and well that's pretty much it lol, we've always asked for a particle effect implant and never got it since this is al I'm pretty sure it's bound to happen, would be a pretty nice addition to al

Kakashis
07-29-2014, 12:10 AM
Haha to make it even crazier would be normal partial gem you get small effects, super gem becomes bigger haha

Ninjasmurf
07-29-2014, 12:32 AM
Great idea but why would it be mythic? I'm thinking about STS making a new kinda map for these like km3 but gems drop instead of locked crates. But it can't be as easy as km3 it needs to be an elite tomb...

Energizeric
07-29-2014, 12:46 AM
Great idea but why would it be mythic? I'm thinking about STS making a new kinda map for these like km3 but gems drop instead of locked crates. But it can't be as easy as km3 it needs to be an elite tomb...

To keep them rare and exclusive and make them something valuable that we can farm for. Otherwise they won't add anything exciting to the game other than a nicer look. The idea here is to give us something pricey we can farm for.

Sirnoobalot
07-29-2014, 12:49 AM
You give nice ideas but are STS looking at you? hmmmm.

Deadroth
07-29-2014, 01:46 AM
Okay okay, good idea with those particle effects, very good, i hope they will have same mechanism as normal gems (that you can regem).

Anyway, You have mine all suppourt in this case Energ, this will bring freshness to retro-themed vanities ;P

Cero
07-29-2014, 01:56 AM
Like it.
It does make something to do in AL.
AL gets boring too fast that i did not bother to rush doing APs. I left them undone and only do them if im bored with pvp. And having this kind of questline would add to my list of "something to do in AL".

basketholic209
07-29-2014, 04:54 AM
Excellent idea you got here, Energ! :)
I really like this one.
1. It drops very rarely means the supply will not be overloaded and price will be kept high.
2. It gives elite farmers a way to make money (since elite is kinda dead now).
3. It gives additional plat income for STG since the upgrading time is long.

I think it's win-win situation for all parties :)

Energizeric
08-23-2014, 12:44 PM
I guess I had bad timing on this post as it was first posted on the same day as the Nekro quest was originally announced, so not may paid any attention to it. So I'm bumping it so that maybe some more players will read it.

matanofx
08-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Sure give people a new thing to spend their gold on and other people a new thing to spend their time farming for

I dont see a negative side to it

GuardianTwo
08-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Sure give people a new thing to spend their gold on and other people a new thing to spend their time farming for

I dont see a negative side to it

I agree completely :)

Dex Scene
08-23-2014, 02:28 PM
I like this suggestion.. hope stg implements it.
I would love the suggestion if you could do something on those dull weapons too. Some effects on weapon aswel (very small effect so a person dnt look like walking glitters star ish something) would be awesome aswel.

ClumsyCactus
08-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Actually, this is a good idea, especially if combined with a invisible vanity.

joydhillon
08-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Sweeet... however i would jus go with weapons for now for effects of our own choice as vanity particle effects might overlap mythic ring and amulet effect ( if in case the new amulet also has some kind of doom/lunar effect.)