PDA

View Full Version : So wait.....

Speedofsound
07-24-2014, 08:48 PM
So we need to craft AND loot a singe which is rising in price to get the new arcane pet. so in all we r spending more plat than when samael was released.
Well played sts.
This is a whole new level to plat pets? Maybe? Reply with your thoughts.
Thanks

Zeus
07-24-2014, 08:50 PM
I agree!

I guess the amount of platinum through the leaderboard event system was not enough?

Xeusx
07-24-2014, 08:52 PM
New level is Platinum. lel.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 08:54 PM
You make it sound like this is a requirement if you want to play the game. This is just one item being offered out of many. Anyone who feels the need to have every item that is ever released is really OCD. If you don't like it, then don't do it. There are almost 100 pets in this game. Chose a different one.

SacredKnight
07-24-2014, 08:59 PM
You make it sound like this is a requirement if you want to play the game. This is just one item being offered out of many. Anyone who feels the need to have every item that is ever released is really OCD. If you don't like it, then don't do it. There are almost 100 pets in this game. Chose a different one.

It's not the need to have all the pets nor is it the fact that this is a requirement to play. It's the fact that this is ( On paper and pen ) the best pet in the game and it requires such $$$ to be earned as well as time on top of it.

They should have just made this thing a free to earn lvl 40-41 only thing -_-

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 09:12 PM
It's not the need to have all the pets nor is it the fact that this is a requirement to play. It's the fact that this is ( On paper and pen ) the best pet in the game and it requires such $$$ to be earned as well as time on top of it.

If you were to make it totally free, then it could not be arcane as it would be way too common to be arcane rarity. Arcane is a color rarity and means the item is super rare. So its supply must be controlled somehow.

What would be cool is to make a quest like this that was free, and only the first 100 players to complete it would get the pet.

In the last months that I played Pocket Legends, they had a 4-day quest where you had to level up and reach the new cap within those 4 days, and if you did that by the given deadline, then you were awarded with the best shield that existed in the game. So if they wanted to do something like that, I would not have a problem. But giving an arcane pet to everyone for free, even if it required a difficult quest be completed, would not be good in the long run as everyone would eventually complete the quest and then everyone would have an arcane pet, which would then be way to common to be arcane.

Frohnatur
07-24-2014, 10:09 PM
+1 energizeric

Ninjasmurf
07-24-2014, 10:14 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

I hope everyone reads this post and realizes that your right.. Nekro isn't a necessity to play. It's just another way for greedy rich people to run the game :)

Hectororius
07-24-2014, 10:16 PM
If you were to make it totally free, then it could not be arcane as it would be way too common to be arcane rarity. Arcane is a color rarity and means the item is super rare. So its supply must be controlled somehow.

What would be cool is to make a quest like this that was free, and only the first 100 players to complete it would get the pet.

In the last months that I played Pocket Legends, they had a 4-day quest where you had to level up and reach the new cap within those 4 days, and if you did that by the given deadline, then you were awarded with the best shield that existed in the game. So if they wanted to do something like that, I would not have a problem. But giving an arcane pet to everyone for free, even if it required a difficult quest be completed, would not be good in the long run as everyone would eventually complete the quest and then everyone would have an arcane pet, which would then be way to common to be arcane.

You seem to have a strange fascination with this one particular quest from PL. And in some twist of fate, its been brought back as the Crafting of Nekro quest. Except this time, there is no limit to how long will last (presumably) BUT now also requires an already existing arcane item, that for some time now, has had about 0 effect on the current state of the game, but thanks to the magic of crafting, it now THE most sought after pet (Shaggy & Sergio who?) in the game who's price has nearly tripled in a matter of hours.

Well, enjoy your new next to impossible quest as you wanted :)

Ninjasmurf
07-24-2014, 10:26 PM
You seem to have a strange fascination with this one particular quest from PL. And in some twist of fate, its been brought back as the Crafting of Nekro quest. Except this time, there is no limit to how long will last (presumably) BUT now also requires an already existing arcane item, that for some time now, has had about 0 effect on the current state of the game, but thanks to the magic of crafting, it now THE most sought after pet (Shaggy & Sergio who?) in the game who's price has nearly tripled in a matter of hours.

I have to agree with this, its arcane legends energizeric, not pl :)

Arcanes will never be given to anyone for completing a quest when people have been paying over 30mil for these. It wouldn't be fair..

inkredible
07-24-2014, 10:28 PM

im sorry but i completely disagree with you. Regarding "its the fact that this is a requirement to play " Im assuming youre talking about "getting the most op pet " and spending ridiculous amount of plats in game as a requirement?

When was samael first released?? season 5 right? as much as i wanted this pet.. until now I STILL DONT HAVE IT
because 1. i refused to open a ridiculous amount of crates, 2. i cant afford it using gold. so it really just left me with spending a lot of plats to get it
which i refused to do so

Did it stop me? No. my abaddon is just fine , just like energy said there are a lot other pets.. You dont need the most op pet in game
to be great or to play

Back
07-24-2014, 10:43 PM
Yes it is a requirement considering where the game is heading. 120 m for a pet? I'll never be able to afford it and quite frankly I don't want it either. Overpricing of items needs to be stopped and this can only be done if an OP item was released as free for all but insanely hard to get with limited time and untradeable as well. You already know about Ichor quest, think of it that way.

As always I'm assuming my suggestion would be ovelooked by STS and instead a select few influential memeber's suggestion may be implemented. Whatever, i don't care. My suggestion would be to replace Singe with another "crafting item" either farmable or restricted to locked crates. By doing so, previous Singe owners don't get to regret and newly looted Singe don't get overpriced for his abilities.

Pros:
1. Since it's limited time with insane rarity requirements. The outcome is a rare pet. Which most ppl wants.
2. Free users and plat users both can compete equally. They just need to participate.

Cons:
1. OVERPRICED after the limited time to craft it is over.

Another suggestion would be to use Singe as crafting element but make the new pet untradeable like the L.36 Mythics and only 1 time per character. Pros:
1. Rarity is maintained.
2. A slap to merchants.

Cons:
1. A slap to current singe owners.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 10:51 PM

Nobody said yet if this will be a difficult quest. The announcement post is somewhat vague. For all we know, it could be a quest that takes 3 hours and then you are done.

As for my fascination with the ichor quest in PL, that is about the most fun I have every had in an MMO. It was the only time in any of these games that I could set a goal, have some idea what time was required of me to reach that goal, and then work really hard to complete it and get the prize -- a prize that was actually the best item of its type in the game.

In AL it never quite works out that way. There is no way for me to know how long it will take me to get any item. So not knowing that, it is hard to decide what you want to do. It is all luck based for the most part, and feels more like playing the lottery. Yes, the more times you play the lottery, the larger your chance is to win, but it's still a game of chance. I prefer if there is a sure thing once in a while, even if you have to work very hard for it. I'm not a gambler, and yet in this game there seems to be no other way to succeed but to gamble, and I'm getting quite tired of that.

Rare
07-24-2014, 10:58 PM
Have no fear!!! Singe is available in locked crates!

Speedofsound
07-25-2014, 01:18 AM

What i meant by my post is it looked like they were trying to make an elite aspect to getting the new pet for free players who were willing to work hard, but in fact it requires even more plat. That is the problem here. It is a trick almost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Euldor
07-25-2014, 01:29 AM
Nobody said yet if this will be a difficult quest. The announcement post is somewhat vague. For all we know, it could be a quest that takes 3 hours and then you are done.

As for my fascination with the ichor quest in PL, that is about the most fun I have every had in an MMO. It was the only time in any of these games that I could set a goal, have some idea what time was required of me to reach that goal, and then work really hard to complete it and get the prize -- a prize that was actually the best item of its type in the game.

In AL it never quite works out that way. There is no way for me to know how long it will take me to get any item. So not knowing that, it is hard to decide what you want to do. It is all luck based for the most part, and feels more like playing the lottery. Yes, the more times you play the lottery, the larger your chance is to win, but it's still a game of chance. I prefer if there is a sure thing once in a while, even if you have to work very hard for it. I'm not a gambler, and yet in this game there seems to be no other way to succeed but to gamble, and I'm getting quite tired of that.

OMG. Can't you just keep your paragraphs short and concise.

Xeusx
07-25-2014, 01:45 AM
I almost get killed by this new pet, seriously, should Players more stronger than pets?

epicrrr
07-25-2014, 01:53 AM
Hodor looks at singe egg price.

Hodor collapses*

Hodor

Who doesnt want this pet, we are all competitive here or want to be competitive and to be on that level we need the best items. SnS was attainable and somehow someone will get it no matter what, but in game people tend to overprice a specific item because they know its going to be in demand and people will buy it, we broke the 100m trade barrier it wouldnt stop them from selling at a very steep price point.

rich people in-gold should have a consensus of not buying Singe egg above a certain amount say 20m+. Shady and surge price point must IMO must never happen again or any certain items just break a lot of peoples heart.

Hodor

Energizeric
07-25-2014, 02:58 AM
What's funny is a guy was spamming in town yesterday that he was selling Singe egg for 10.5m. I really thought about buying it because I had a feeling they would buff it at some point if I posted about it in the forum. But having just spent a ton of money on a new mythic rifle, I decided against it. Oh well, that would have been an easy 20m+ profit. :(

phillyr
07-25-2014, 07:18 AM

they destroyed the whole color rarity myth when I saw more mythic grimm eggs than I saw deary eggs

hakoom7
07-25-2014, 07:32 AM
What's funny is a guy was spamming in town yesterday that he was selling Singe egg for 10.5m. I really thought about buying it because I had a feeling they would buff it at some point if I posted about it in the forum. But having just spent a ton of money on a new mythic rifle, I decided against it. Oh well, that would have been an easy 20m+ profit. :(

I found 3 singes each 10m and the problem is I did think about buying them, god it would have been easy 90m profit :(