PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts about Nekro

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 09:04 PM
I noticed there are going to be a ton of crafting components that go into crafting a Nekro egg....

When the arcane ring was first announced, it was stated that the recipe would not be tradable. Many players, myself included, asked for this to be changed so that poor players could grind to get the recipe and then sell it for a good amount of gold to someone who had the shard. STS listened to us and instead changed things by creating the dragonite bar, which could be traded.

As a result of making the dragonite bar tradable, the arcane ring's price has continued to rise. Many of you may not see the connection, so here is why....

Merchants have basically controlled the market on arcane rings. A few of them have crafted many rings and sold them for big profits. When the first arcane shards were looted, they sold for 40-55m. As time has gone on, that price keeps rising and is now approaching 100m. On the other hand, the dragonite bar's price has continued to fall and is now lower than 1m. If the dragonite bar had not been tradable, merchants would not be able to craft multiple rings, and thus the arcane shards would stay on the market longer, and would most likely sell at more reasonable prices.

So my proposal is that some of the Nekro crafting components should NOT be tradable. In fact, whichever of them are the ones that require some really long grind to get, those should be not tradable. The ones that can simply be looted from mobs or bosses -- those SHOULD be tradable. This will keep everyone interested in farming for those items that can be sold, while keeping the merchants from being able to craft tons of eggs unless they grind for it. Overall, I think this should keep the prices of the Singe Egg, which is the main component, somewhat steady. It would be a shame if in a few months Singe eggs were 100m.

Lastly, I want to add that while I like the idea of crafting a "premium" arcane pet, I just hope that this quest is as difficult to complete as this pet is OP --- meaning we should NOT see dozens of people running around with Nekro a week after he is released. It should take a very long time to complete this quest, and this pet should stay super rare for a really long time. This should also somewhat satisfy those with Shady & Surge, as they deserve to have the best pet in the game for a decent amount of time.

SacredKnight
07-24-2014, 09:08 PM
STS should eliminate the requirement for the Singe egg all together and replace it with a non trade able item e.g. Fossilized Egg
This can be purchased from the dragkin token vendor for 250 dragkin teeth.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 09:16 PM
STS should eliminate the requirement for the Singe egg all together and replace it with a non trade able item e.g. Fossilized Egg

I wouldn't be opposed to that, but maybe 250 is not enough. Maybe 500?

I just want this to be really really hard to do.

How about it can be a Singe Egg or this other purchasable egg? That would work.

Ninjasmurf
07-24-2014, 09:19 PM
So bassicly anyone that gets 500 teeth and complete a quest will own the best arcane pet in the game? Does that make sense? Lol

Everyone in the game would have this pet then and it wouldn't be considered arcane. Think about that..

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 09:24 PM
So bassicly anyone that gets 500 teeth and complete a quest will own the best arcane pet in the game? Does that make sense? Lol

Everyone in the game would have this pet then and it wouldn't be considered arcane. Think about that..

I think you underestimate how hard it is to get 500 teeth. From the time the most recent expansion was released up until the Ursoth's Assault event, I made it a priority to run the easiest tindirin dungeon at least 10 times every day. It would usually take about an hour, and was the first thing I did every day when I signed in. I did that for 3-4 months. I currently have 172 teeth.

500 teeth would take multiple hours per day for a few months. So yes, I think if someone spends that kind of time, they deserve it. Personally, I think it would be easier to just farm elite legendary weapons, sell them, and then buy a singe egg.

There should be a way for someone to acquire this pet without opening locked crates.

Back when locked crates were first released, most players were very angry that the best item would be exclusively available to those who spend plat. Now it seems like any suggestion that a good item will be available without plat is frowned upon.

It has become quite obvious of the shift of the player base over time. In seasons 1-3, the elite players were the grinders and hard workers who came over from Pocket Legends and the other legends games. But those players have mostly quit at this point, and now the elite players are the ones who buy everything with real money and don't want to grind for anything. That is most unfortunate IMO. I may soon join the others by leaving this game if this trend continues.

obee
07-24-2014, 09:24 PM

Sts needs to make a way to get something big without opening locks! It's annoying seeing every good thing come in locks lol

Ninjasmurf
07-24-2014, 09:38 PM
I think you underestimate how hard it is to get 500 teeth. From the time the most recent expansion was released up until the Ursoth's Assault event, I made it a priority to run the easiest tindirin dungeon at least 10 times every day. It would usually take about an hour, and was the first thing I did every day when I signed in. I did that for 3-4 months. I currently have 172 teeth.

500 teeth would take multiple hours per day for a few months. So yes, I think if someone spends that kind of time, they deserve it. Personally, I think it would be easier to just farm elite legendary weapons, sell them, and then buy a singe egg.

There should be a way for someone to acquire this pet without opening locked crates.

Back when locked crates were first released, most players were very angry that the best item would be exclusively available to those who spend plat. Now it seems like any suggestion that a good item will be available without plat is frowned upon.

It has become quite obvious of the shift of the player base over time. In seasons 1-3, the elite players were the grinders and hard workers who came over from Pocket Legends and the other legends games. But those players have mostly quit at this point, and now the elite players are the ones who buy everything with real money and don't want to grind for anything. That is most unfortunate IMO. I may soon join the others by leaving this game if this trend continues.

I'm not a plat buyer myself but as a mercher I know how this would affect the market.
I like this idea but don't try to get it implemented to arcanes. Arcanes aren't meant to be farmed by anyone.

If 500 teeth could get you an item used to craft a legendary pet I would support it. Arcanes just aren't meant for everyone because that would make them commons..

Zylx
07-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Sts needs to make a way to get something big without opening locks! It's annoying seeing every good thing come in locks lol

Last i checked, the items looted in elite maps are better than the items in the crates. Same with the Ursoth Event items (the tree stuff)

obee
07-24-2014, 09:39 PM
Last i checked, the items looted in elite maps are better than the items in the crates. Same with the Ursoth Event items (the tree stuff)

Well yea that is true but I mean like arcane items and stuff

Visiting
Put singe in Elite Gold chests (Shuyal/Tindrin), this would encourage farming, make it not reliant on crates, more fun for all types of players.

Ninjasmurf

Yep they just did this with dovabear

obee
07-24-2014, 09:40 PM

Well yea

Ninjasmurf
07-24-2014, 09:41 PM
Put singe in Elite Gold chests (Shuyal/Tindrin), this would encourage farming, make it not reliant on crates, more fun for all types of players.

Arcane pets should have been in their season's elite crates from the beginning, not just singe

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 09:44 PM

Arcane and mythic items come in crates. What is better than those that drop from elite maps?

inkredible
07-24-2014, 09:47 PM
I think you underestimate how hard it is to get 500 teeth.

500 teeth..... Lol that will encourage macro users to macro normal maps really
im sure there will be an ingredient that wont be easy to get , thats an idea to keep it challenging for sure but 500 is ridiculously high

as for singe... taking it out will defeat the purpose of "arcane pet" and defeat the purpose of crafting an "arcane whelp" (since singe is a whelp)

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 09:47 PM

Dovabear was easy to get and required about 15 minutes per day for 2 weeks to get. So that is why they are so common. If you make the quest harder, then fewer people will complete it, and if you make it a very difficult grind, then very few will complete it.

All of these ideas were previously tried in Pocket Legends and they worked well. They had the ichor quest there, which when completed awarded the player with an elite weapon which was the best weapon in the game at the time. Very few players were able to complete that quest, and the elite weapons are so rare that when I logged into PL a couple of months ago and equipped my axe, I kept getting PMs asking what weapon it was as nobody had ever seen one.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 09:50 PM
as for singe... taking it out will defeat the purpose of "arcane pet" and defeat the purpose of crafting an "arcane whelp" (since singe is a whelp)

Fair enough! I just hope they make the quest hard enough so that it's worth doing....

Right now an arcane ring is worth about 100m, and the shard is worth 99% of that, while the dragonite bar (the piece that you "grind" for) is worth crap. I would hate to see the Nekro egg turn out the same way. They need to plan this item in such a way so that the singe egg is only a small part of the total value of the Nekro egg, and the other components keep their value as a significant part of the value of the egg. The way you do that is by making those items very hard to obtain.

Zylx
07-24-2014, 09:55 PM

Arcane and mythic items come in crates. What is better than those that drop from elite maps?

I was referring to the legendary items. You know. The items that are more affordable to more players than the Arcane/Mythic items...

inkredible
07-24-2014, 09:55 PM

did anyone ever tell you the if you put your dog in a closed chest, they will die?!!!

thats why youll never find them in chests! but crates COULD have small holes for oxygen to come in

Visiting
07-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Arcane pets should have been in their season's elite crates from the beginning, not just singe

Ok make a special crate during this "Nekro" event, let it be lootable from only elite Algaran and Rendtail, and put Singe in these with an arcane drop rate?

inkredible
07-24-2014, 10:00 PM
Fair enough! I just hope they make the quest hard enough so that it's worth doing....

Right now an arcane ring is worth about 100m, and the shard is worth 99% of that, while the dragonite bar (the piece that you "grind" for) is worth crap. I would hate to see the Nekro egg turn out the same way. They need to plan this item in such a way so that the singe egg is only a small part of the total value of the Nekro egg, and the other components keep their value as a significant part of the value of the egg. The way you do that is by making those items very hard to obtain.

sts like to play with the market also, singe egg will probably turn out like arcane shards.. the rate will probably less now.. but that kind of is one of the point
for the pet to be expensive, harder for majority of the population to get and at the same time for sts to make some money off singe by opening crates + crafting ( they have to, they need money some how right ) .. maybe theyll do something different.. who knows, sts likes to surprise us

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 10:01 PM
I was referring to the legendary items. You know. The items that are more affordable to more players than the Arcane/Mythic items...

Nobody opens locked crates to get those crappy legendary items.

Ninjasmurf
07-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Ok make a special crate during this "Nekro" event, let it be lootable from only elite Algaran and Rendtail, and put Singe in these with an arcane drop rate?

I'm talking about the elite golden chest.. You guys are trying to make arcanes lootable like legendarys.. I understand it's hard to buy them but making them come from bosses or teeth isn't the answer.

Visiting
07-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Arcanes are already lootable from their respective elite gold chest, this would be the same idea.

Ninjasmurf
07-24-2014, 10:04 PM
sts like to play with the market also, singe egg will probably turn out like arcane shards.. the rate will probably less now.. but that kind of is one of the point
for the pet to be expensive, harder for majority of the population to get and at the same time for sts to make some money off singe by opening crates + crafting ( they have to, they need money some how right ) .. maybe theyll do something different.. who knows, sts likes to surprise us
They definately need to make a "dragon week" where there's a double chance to loot singe like the previous "shark week".

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 10:06 PM
They definately need to make a "dragon week" where there's a double chance to loot singe like the previous "shark week".

good idea!

Ninjasmurf
07-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Arcanes are already lootable from their respective elite gold chest, this would be the same idea.

Yeah the arcane shard, maul, hooks, staff are all in elite gold chest but let's be honest. How many people have actually looted these items? STS lowers the drop rate so it's almost impossible. I only know 1 person that looted a staff from hundreds of these chest last season.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 10:09 PM

All I'm saying is this.... If the singe egg becomes way more valuable than the crafting components, then that means that there is an oversupply of those components compared to how many singe eggs there are, and that means those crafting components were too easy to obtain. If you make them harder to obtain, then you even out the prices.

This should be planned in such a way that the supply of the singe egg and the crafting components are somewhat equal. You can control the supply of singe eggs through the drop rate, and you can control the supply of the crafting components by how difficult it is to do the quests.

Visiting
07-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Yeah the arcane shard, maul, hooks, staff are all in elite gold chest but let's be honest. How many people have actually looted these items? STS lowers the drop rate so it's almost impossible. I only know 1 person that looted a staff from hundreds of these chest last season.
But they buy/open, if there's demand there's gotta be supply, thus people will start running elites to loot these crates that will be selling because they have a chance at this thing that everyone wants.

Sultanking
07-24-2014, 10:45 PM
sts should make another arcane pet...... no singe need only dragon theeths ....... arcane pet with lower stats and for lower stats.... Because its avaivble for theeths it should not count for red letter ap.... so all can have low arcane pet

Hectororius
07-24-2014, 10:47 PM
All I'm saying is this.... If the singe egg becomes way more valuable than the crafting components, then that means that there is an oversupply of those components compared to how many singe eggs there are, and that means those crafting components were too easy to obtain. If you make them harder to obtain, then you even out the prices.

This should be planned in such a way that the supply of the singe egg and the crafting components are somewhat equal. You can control the supply of singe eggs through the drop rate, and you can control the supply of the crafting components by how difficult it is to do the quests.

Singe/shard/(insert red item) will always have more value than the free crafting components that players need to farm for in order to craft the item.

Farmers will never have the upper hand on merchants or crate openers as long as one of the key ingredients can only be obtained via plat.

ps- merchants arent the reason prices for Shards and SnS are ridiculous.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 10:58 PM
Singe/shard/(insert red item) will always have more value than the free crafting components that players need to farm for in order to craft the item.

Not true. If they make the crafting components harder to obtain, it could actually be the complete opposite. What if it took 5000 dragkin teeth? I'm sure your reaction is that 5000 dragkin teeth is impossible. Yes, probably so. But if that were the case, I can assure you that the crafting component that cost 5000 dragkin teeth would be more rare and more valuable than the Singe Egg.

Yes, that is an extreme example, but it proves my point. Yes, 5000 dragkin teeth is too many. But adjust the difficulty of the crafting components to match the supply of the Singe Eggs. There is absolutely no reason why they cannot do this.

Waheedski
07-24-2014, 10:58 PM
If Singe egg could be bought using plat, this Nekro quest has my interest.

Zylx
07-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Nobody opens locked crates to get those crappy legendary items.

My point was proving this:

Legendary items in locked crates are worse than elite/event legendaries.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 11:00 PM

That gives me an idea which I'm going to post in another thread.....

utpal
07-24-2014, 11:01 PM
again dmg and crit pet with ridiculous stat bonus.

besides, its for rich player problems not for us seasonal player LOL.

goodluck getting this pet.
and RIP SnS.
moment of silence for those who opened/bought SnS

Back
07-24-2014, 11:28 PM
or "welp bones" since that pet is mostly bones

SacredKnight
07-25-2014, 12:02 AM
500 teeth..... Lol that will encourage macro users to macro normal maps really
im sure there will be an ingredient that wont be easy to get , thats an idea to keep it challenging for sure but 500 is ridiculously high

The item could be a fossilized whelp egg? It will make sense in the story line too, an undead whelp made from an egg of something dead long ago..

Dex Scene
07-25-2014, 12:21 AM
Necro is only for rich player. People who can't afford singe, can't play for nekro. Sad!!!
45 primary stats, 20 damage, 15% crits. And those arcane abilities.!! Too much op

SacredKnight
07-25-2014, 12:30 AM
did anyone ever tell you the if you put your dog in a closed chest, they will die?!!!

thats why youll never find them in chests! but crates COULD have small holes for oxygen to come in

.-.

I don't know what type of chests you've seen, but the ones I have aren't air tight nor are they vacuumed. Also, technically speaking..Singe should have been able to burn the crate and escape where as he can't melt the gold :3 A lvl 1 unhatched Singe isn't hot enough.

Ninjasmurf
07-25-2014, 12:32 AM
Lol. They should just change singe into the mythic version of nekro then