PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Rift/Cosmos still useless?

Ellyidol
01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
WRONG TITLE, REMOVE JACOB COSMOS.

With the latest update giving new stat bonuses to sets, only the OL Void has gained a new use. Jacob Rift/Cosmos still seems useless no? Unless I'm missing something and read wrong, they still are IMO.

Would have been cool if they made the Hammer set into using a Jacob Rift, and the Keeper set into using a Jacob Cosmos.

EDIT:

My mistake on reading Keeper set, I thought I read it as OL Cosmos needed, seems to be Jacob Cosmos.

So now its just Jacob Rift?

ProSophist
01-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I sold a Jacob Cosmos for 200k within 5 minutes of putting it on the CS so I'm guessing people do want it.

Ellyidol
01-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah, just edited, re-read the update and I saw Jacob Cosmos worth more. Still Jacob Rift left though.

Lesrider
01-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm curious if anyone actually tested it out yet. It's still possible the update text was a typo and they meant Jacobs rift. It would be more consistent with the other two sets.
But I'm not about to go buying either without knowing for sure which one it is.

Ellyidol
01-12-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm curious if anyone actually tested it out yet. It's still possible the update text was a typo and they meand Jacobs rift. It would be more consistent with the other two sets.
But I'm not about to go buying either without knowing for sure which one it is.

Thought so too, would have made more sense if they used Jacob Rift with the set. At least ALL Ao3 premium pinks would be worth something by then.

Kujen
01-13-2011, 12:25 AM
It's not a typo, the gurgox hammer set uses overlord helm. Which I'm fine with, because I don't want to have to buy a jacobs helm. Not that I use a gurgox hammer much, but I'd be a little upset if they broke any of my sets, forcing me to have to buy something else to get it back.

Maybe make these sets where you can use either helm, so you can choose based on which you like the look of, but don't remove anything from current sets.

Ellyidol
01-13-2011, 12:31 AM
But that's what they did with void and cosmos. What makes rift so special?

krazii
01-13-2011, 12:38 AM
But that's what they did with void and cosmos. What makes rift so special?

They love bears more then other classes *grins*.

Kraz

Ellyidol
01-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Hahaha thought so. :p it would make sense if they did this to avoid bears spending more. Though all classes still benefit from it since I see more mages/archers using rift than bears :p

Kujen
01-13-2011, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't know the reasoning. But why would anyone want it to be Jacobs helm instead? It has 5 less armor (which they should fix anyway). Overlords helm is also more rare and valuable, as it only drops in Captive Audience (because Tpaxx in VL doesn't drop it). I do wish they would change those two things, but I don't want them to remove or replace items in the set. Maybe it would be nice if all of the rift/void/cosmos sets let you use either helm, so you could choose based on the appearance (because stats would be the same).