PDA

View Full Version : Possible alternate method to craft Nekro Egg

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 11:12 PM
The big issue here that many will complain about is the price of the Singe Egg. It has been my position that there should be some really really difficult quests in AL that take weeks/months to complete. Others would rather buy their way to the best items (with plat or gold).

The Singe Egg is required since this is an upgraded Whelp pet. However, there is another Whelp pet, Scorch. So here is my proposal....

There should be two alternate ways to craft a Nekro egg:

1) This is the "easy" way. It is not exactly easy, but can be done in a reasonable amount of time. It requires the Singe Egg, and some other ingredients as stated in the announcement post. At most, this quest should be able to be completed within a month if someone plays a moderate amount of time, or perhaps as quick as a week with some real grinding.

2) This is the "hard" way. It is considerably more difficult than method #1. It requires 5 times as many crafting ingredients as method #1. However, a Scorch egg can be used instead of a Singe Egg. Where do you get a Scorch Egg? From the NPC vendor who will sell them for 250 plat for a limited time on the weekend when Nekro is first released. Don't have any plat? Buy then from the auction as there will no doubt be many for sale just as we have seen with Ripmaw & Slag.

Method #2 will NOT be easy. It will most likely require months of playing, and hours per day, but for anyone up to this ridiculous grind, this pet egg can be crafted without spending immense amounts of gold on a Singe egg.

FluffNStuff
07-24-2014, 11:19 PM
*facepalm*

Ninjasmurf
07-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Since the nekro lols like a combination of samael, scorch and singe there should be a quest for each of these to turn into nekro.

This way singe won't become 90mil like the arcane shard. Sts made a mistake with that and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again

Back
07-24-2014, 11:24 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=1747265

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 11:27 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=1747265

Yes, your post made me think of this idea. And it certainly fits with their storyline. You are still using a Whelp pet to do the upgrade, and because this Whelp pet is the weaker of the two Whelp pets, it needs many more upgrade ingredients/crafting components.

Energizeric
07-24-2014, 11:30 PM
Since the nekro lols like a combination of samael, scorch and singe there should be a quest for each of these to turn into nekro.

This way singe won't become 90mil like the arcane shard. Sts made a mistake with that and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again

I wouldn't have a problem with that, although Samael not being a Whelp would not really fit with their storyline. But yes, having a method to craft a scorch egg into a nekro egg would help control the price on Singe. But don't think it will be easy.... I'm talking about a super hard quest that will take months of grinding. Nobody is going to be doing this in a few days.

Ninjasmurf
07-24-2014, 11:42 PM
If the best item in this game requires one and only one specific arcane item it will become overpriced because if the high demand.

It's happening right now as we speak everyone is looking for singe so the price is quickly increasing. Just like the arcane shard.. If changes aren't made singe will become 80mil+ like the shard. So where does that leave non-plat buyers? How can we ever afford to pay that much to compete in pvp?

Again I'm hoping sts adds some new things to pve..

Azepeiete
07-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Scrap pet idea plz

Waheedski
07-25-2014, 12:17 AM
The pet's stats (Nekro) is making me lick my lips in anticipation. Unfortunately for me, I see the insane gold price of a singe egg preventing me from doing this quest. But plat for a singe egg I got time fo dat. STS what THINK?

So far this is the only pet that has made me sit up and pay some attention. Anyway, if STS insist gold purchase and lockeds is the only way we can get singe then I'm more than happy to sit out this quest and still be reasonably happy with Abaddon, Slag and Prance.

carel86
07-25-2014, 01:05 AM
once again, i like your idea energizer. the idea to upgrade scorch egg but with more ingredient and much time grind to get that is greaaaattt, with that non rich player like me can do it if i work hard

SacredKnight
07-25-2014, 03:28 AM
Interesting but the Mythic Pet from this season will not come out as an egg from vendor till this season is over and the next one begins, this is how it has always been. Also, wouldn't we have people also saying : "Why can't we just use our Scorch from stable and they use their Singe from stable.." <<<< It will happen

Milan Lame Man
07-25-2014, 03:32 AM
Good idea, except the Scorch egg would cost 20m+ in market.
Remember that non-plat farmers don't mind a few month's grind.

Energizeric
07-25-2014, 03:51 AM
Good idea, except the Scorch egg would cost 20m+ in market.

Not if there is an unlimited supply of them offered from a vendor for 250 plat each. I'd say they will be 500k-1m each at most.

Coolskies
07-25-2014, 04:18 AM
It will probably need a Singe egg, an imposible to get arcane shard, and a super duper hard quest to get an npc to craft them for you in able to get the new pet. :banana:

Bigboyblue
07-25-2014, 06:29 AM
This is a fantastic idea. STS you need to do something like this to contain the rage. I made a thread in the suggestions section of the forum that is another way in which STS could implement their new crafting idea. Either way something needs to be changed. Whether STS would change to this concept or the thread I created something needs to be done. The current requirement of a singe egg as the only lootable base material for crafting Nekro is horrible.

keikali
07-25-2014, 07:07 AM

havenjacket
07-25-2014, 07:15 AM
Nobody wants to play months just for a pet that will soon be outdated - I mean, after every couple of months STG releases events and new pets which will be better than Nekro.

lethaljade
07-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Yes why don't we spend 2 months of our lifes tryna get this latest arcane pet, just how I spent 3 weeks of my life trying to get the last one, and days after a new one was released!

Milan Lame Man
07-25-2014, 07:21 AM
Not if there is an unlimited supply of them offered from a vendor for 250 plat each. I'd say they will be 500k-1m each at most.
Buying 2 Slags 500k each :peaceful:
The price of the arcane pet will be at most 2-5m plus the price of the base egg, whether it's Singe or Scorch.
And STS cannot allow the top arcane pet be this cheap.

Milan Lame Man
07-25-2014, 07:23 AM
Nobody wants to play months just for a pet that will soon be outdated - I mean, after every couple of months STG releases events and new pets which will be better than Nekro.

Yes why don't we spend 2 months of our lifes tryna get this latest arcane pet, just how I spent 3 weeks of my life trying to get the last one, and days after a new one was released!
So finally, no more "I am bored nothing to do" threads! Wow! The game is getting better now, no sarcasm.

Energizeric
07-25-2014, 12:17 PM
The price of the arcane pet will be at most 2-5m plus the price of the base egg, whether it's Singe or Scorch.
And STS cannot allow the top arcane pet be this cheap.

If that happens it means the crafting materials were too easy to obtain. Make the quests harder and the price goes up.

jsam
07-26-2014, 12:10 AM
This is stupido idea, but I have idea how about singe sell by plats like repmow,slag egg , so is arcane pet that should be is price 1k plats maybe less or high idk , so how about u guys think?

FluidShot
07-26-2014, 01:16 AM
So finally, no more "I am bored nothing to do" threads! Wow! The game is getting better now, no sarcasm.

Problem is STG is trying to walk the fine line between keeping people interested and turning them off with the long term grind quests. For someone who knows they will never afford an arcane crafting material of any sort, I expect I'm not the only one being turned off by the proposed plans.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk