PDA

View Full Version : Convince me...

Pharcyde
01-12-2011, 10:38 PM
I have no intent of ever joining a guild, BUT! I am getting hammered in guild invites. I see no point for guilds now, no point for guilds even when they are official, no point in them ever. Sooo.. Convince me why I should join a guild.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/wrathofgod13/face.jpg

Ersana
01-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Guilds are something that doesn't put all the pressure on PL as a game guilds are supposed to be a way to interact with other people and have fun instead of waisting your days farming Plasma Pyramid

Pharcyde
01-12-2011, 10:46 PM
I already socialize with people in game though. Why do I need a guild to do that? Also why am I gonna say "Yes Boss" to some virtual person halfway across the world? Guilds just bring unwanted ranking systems to the game.

KingFu
01-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Gives your a solid group to work with, and something to do. NOW JOIN AEO!

Ersana
01-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Actually guilds are a way of organizing PL. It isn't just yes boss guilds just are something that offer activities like tourneys and farming events stuff like that. If it was yes boss no one would be in a guild

Pharcyde
01-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Thats how it ends up all the time. I have seen old guilds on PL that implemented strict rules that will get you booted from the guild if you don't follow. Like example "You MUST contribute 100k to the guild vault or your out of the guild".

Now once we got an official system, whats gonna stop the leader from going mad and entitling himself to king?

Also if I want to join a tourney, I'll join one on the forum.

All other MMO's with strict guild systems = total tyrannies. MMO's with no guild system but been around for awhile = very strict rules, some requiring up to 16+ hours of gameplay a day?..... and generally scam you out of gold/items.

Gives your a solid group to work with, and something to do. NOW JOIN AEO!

Nahh I think I'll pass forever on that offer.

Conradin
01-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Phar- this is why- join AEO and I will make a officer in the secret police.....

Xymorg
01-12-2011, 11:18 PM
I remember playing with you before you hit the cap & you are obviously good enough & friendly enough that you dont need a guild to have good groups.

But ask not what your guild can do for you, but what you can do for your guild! Helping guildies level & with quests gives me a reason to keep playing in a way that's better than helping randoms. I've been happy wth AEO, they don't expect much of me except to say hi and join groups I'd want to join anyway.

I recommend but understand how you might not agree. It's hard to make the case that it's necessary; this isn't EVE online.

Arterra
01-12-2011, 11:19 PM
wait for it....

Arterra
01-12-2011, 11:19 PM
giving myself the next page, waaaait for iiiit....

Arterra
01-12-2011, 11:20 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/d37d1392.jpg

i mass spammed invites to come see Royce in the flesh. what do we get? a AeO partay of course! double win!

Pharcyde
01-12-2011, 11:24 PM
I remember playing with you before you hit the cap & you are obviously good enough & friendly enough that you dont need a guild to have good groups.

But ask not what your guild can do for you, but what you can do for your guild! Helping guildies level & with quests gives me a reason to keep playing in a way that's better than helping randoms. I've been happy wth AEO, they don't expect much of me except to say hi and join groups I'd want to join anyway.

I recommend but understand how you might not agree. It's hard to make the case that it's necessary; this isn't EVE online.

I remember playing with you too in Plasma Pyramid! Fastest and best rounds of Plasma in my life! You sir are a beast. But yeah I already help people out a ton. Then I also got friends who help me out a ton. Just the other day, Kingofhurtz helped me boost babyphar to lvl 32 :).

Phar- this is why- join AEO and I will make a officer in the secret police.....

Sorry but I am already in the British Secret Service. The names Phar. Beast Phar. :D

http://image.linkinn.com/userfile/pictures_0812/Image/05brosnan%20(Large).jpg

Beanmachine
01-13-2011, 06:09 AM
yay im the new cheer leader ;)

Cabero
01-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Some guilds are theme based like mine. You don't commit a whole account to my guild just one character.

Kossi
01-13-2011, 08:45 AM
join AEO, lol lets see perks--

all the forum forms are here-
mystical
range
arterra...
gamelova..
me...
jespo..
redryder..
twink..
bean..
contradin..
moarpewpew..
devyn...
cascade..

should i go on?

Arterra
01-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Some guilds are theme based like mine. You don't commit a whole account to my guild just one character.

we'll see how guilds work in game. i too would find it interesting to have chars in whatever guild.

DawnInfinity
01-13-2011, 09:45 AM
I kind of feel the same way as you, phar. I've been there and done that with guilds, not sure if I need / want to join another.

Arterra
01-13-2011, 10:22 AM
tbh it is not necessarily devoting yourself to something. half the time i have no idea people in my friends list are aeo. it is just nice to suddenly find a connection, and so try harder, laugh harder, party harder...
it is simply being is something. there arn't any real rules except for just play well, and if you are in a guild that does ask a lot, then you are in the wrong one.

Lesrider
01-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Phar, you do know that the second you say you're joining a guild you'll probably get lots of gifts? Probably every guild wants you!

BeardedBear
01-13-2011, 10:39 AM
I was never a guild/clan person. I enjoy working to get everything for myself and not relying on others; gives you more sense of worth IMO. Although I help friends out all the time, I would never commit to a guild. Besides PvP (which is very flawed) purposes, I don't see a real need for guilds in PL.

Pharcyde
01-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Phar, you do know that the second you say you're joining a guild you'll probably get lots of gifts? Probably every guild wants you!

I got offered a full hate set to join some random persons guild o.O

join AEO, lol lets see perks--

all the forum forms are here-
mystical
range
arterra...
gamelova..
me...
jespo..
redryder..
twink..
bean..
contradin..
moarpewpew..
devyn...
cascade..

should i go on?

Lets see who I got in my friends list.

mystical
range
arterra...
gamelova..
me...
jespo..
redryder..
twink..
bean..
contradin..
moarpewpew..
devyn...
cascade..

should i go on?

tbh it is not necessarily devoting yourself to something. half the time i have no idea people in my friends list are aeo. it is just nice to suddenly find a connection, and so try harder, laugh harder, party harder...
it is simply being is something. there arn't any real rules except for just play well, and if you are in a guild that does ask a lot, then you are in the wrong one.

Okay I like the play harder, party harder, laugh harder. But how long will that last? I used to be a member of The Heart of Shattered Knights. It was really casual until we creeped to the number 1 guild. Then mandatory training sessions started and I was forced to duel staked against players much more skilled then me. Lost over 100,000 laborers to The Savage xD....

Anyways AoE is full of extreme hardcore players. Whats stopping it from becoming very extreme and competitive when theres an official system?

I was never a guild/clan person. I enjoy working to get everything for myself and not relying on others; gives you more sense of worth IMO. Although I help friends out all the time, I would never commit to a guild. Besides PvP (which is very flawed) purposes, I don't see a real need for guilds in PL.

I think thats more reason there should be guilds in PL though. I will admit guilds will be better in this game. Not like other MMO's were Guild Leaders require you to farm resources for them so they can level or you get the boot.

I kind of feel the same way as you, phar. I've been there and done that with guilds, not sure if I need / want to join another.

Agreed. This is certainly not my first MMO. Been in many guilds and seen many Casual guilds crumble under the lure of greed and power.

Arterra
01-13-2011, 06:00 PM
if you really feel insecure about guilds, you can leave anytime. if afraid of ties, make sure to get your own armor sets so you wont be stripped of borrowed guild property. if you wish to keep it from happening, come up with a checks and balances system of guild management.
actually that is not a bad idea.

Pharcyde
01-13-2011, 06:49 PM
if you really feel insecure about guilds, you can leave anytime. if afraid of ties, make sure to get your own armor sets so you wont be stripped of borrowed guild property. if you wish to keep it from happening, come up with a checks and balances system of guild management.
actually that is not a bad idea.

What about the time invested into the guild? Can't refund that :p. IF they make a guild system that is pretty secure and doesn't give one player absolute power then I will think about joining a guild.

Arterra
01-13-2011, 07:05 PM
time to emulate some government system... checks and balances people, checks and balances...

KingFu
01-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Sweet! Kossi listed me first :D

Zeus
01-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Sweet! Kossi listed me first :D

And he listed me second! Maybe because I'm temperamental all the time, one second I'm chill and talking to you, then the next I flip out on you :). Might be bipolar. LOL

KingFu
01-13-2011, 08:07 PM
And he listed me second! Maybe because I'm temperamental all the time, one second I'm chill and talking to you, then the next I flip out on you :). Might be bipolar. LOL

I'm the same way when you use that damn stylus -.-

Zeus
01-13-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm the same way when you use that damn stylus -.-

I have NO IDEA what you are talking about? What stylus :).

KingFu
01-13-2011, 08:12 PM
I have NO IDEA what you are talking about? What stylus :).

-____________________-

You're not fooling anyone!!!!

Zeus
01-13-2011, 08:13 PM
-____________________-

You're not fooling anyone!!!!

Do you have proof I have this so called stylus? And if I do what and how do I use it for? Because I don't know why I would need a stylus when I can use my fingers to play PL :).

KingFu
01-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Do you have proof I have this so called stylus? And if I do what and how do I use it for? Because I don't know why I would need a stylus when I can use my fingers to play PL :).

So that you can hit 6 skills at once -.-.-.-.-.-

Pharcyde
01-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Decision made :). Never ever joining a guild.

Xanthia
01-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Well that completely killed the post..

If I may speculate, please correct me if I am wrong.

Pharcyde, you seem the type who likes to win, and enjoys being the best at whatever it is that you do. When you enter some sort of agreement or deal or whatever sort of binding contract of any type you dedicate yourself to being the best. A casual guild that boasts large amounts of members and a carefree attitude with no obligations would seem a guild you would be least interested in. However, a small tight knit guild, that focuses on teamwork (when the game requires) and has the same passion and drive to be the best, seems like it would be a better fit than you know!

Let me know if this is correct or if I am just way off mark.

Firepants
01-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Meh, I am on the same fence as pharcyde. There is one I'm thinking of joining, but only because I really like the people. They are still my friends if I don't join. I'm not one that likes to be tied down. I am loyal to my friends, I don't want to ever feel like I HAVE to be loyal to anyone. I'm more of the rebellious, free-spirit person.

Pharcyde
01-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Well that completely killed the post..

If I may speculate, please correct me if I am wrong.

Pharcyde, you seem the type who likes to win, and enjoys being the best at whatever it is that you do. When you enter some sort of agreement or deal or whatever sort of binding contract of any type you dedicate yourself to being the best. A casual guild that boasts large amounts of members and a carefree attitude with no obligations would seem a guild you would be least interested in. However, a small tight knit guild, that focuses on teamwork (when the game requires) and has the same passion and drive to be the best, seems like it would be a better fit than you know!

Let me know if this is correct or if I am just way off mark.

Sorry but totally off :(

Meh, I am on the same fence as pharcyde. There is one I'm thinking of joining, but only because I really like the people. They are still my friends if I don't join. I'm not one that likes to be tied down. I am loyal to my friends, I don't want to ever feel like I HAVE to be loyal to anyone. I'm more of the rebellious, free-spirit person.

I'm like that in real life too. So why submit my loyalty to a virtual gamer?

Arterra
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm like that in real life too. So why submit my loyalty to a virtual gamer?

im not submitting loyalty.
I found a guild with most of the best players and the ones I know the most and so i join, so when the system comes out i dont have to worry about ordering my friend list (1k people i think lol)
I really dont think a guild in a casual game will punish you for not showing up some day. its not like we even have mega instances.

cmon, im pretty much done convincing you for aeo, but just upset with your misconceptions. this is NOT WoW.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 04:32 PM
cmon, im pretty much done convincing you for aeo, but just upset with your misconceptions. this is NOT WoW.

Understandable, I am not just referring to WoW though. I have played other casual games with extreme guild systems.

Arterra
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Understandable, I am not just referring to WoW though. I have played other casual games with extreme guild systems.

they are usually extreme for a reason. most browser text mmos have pvp that hurts people, so it is extreme. here, there is just no way for one player to go and mess up another players game! i suggested a couple of guild system utilities such as recallable guild bank in order to fix the guild item runs and ranks so that random joiners cant just edit important stuff.

phar, you know what you could be doing? since we all obviously have no idea how it is outside of PL, please go through your list of problems and try offering solutions or how you think PL could avoid it in game. either by how a system works, player actions or dev interventions. i am officially getting slightly exasperated with this holier and know more than thou mentality

Greek
01-17-2011, 06:54 PM
LOL pharcyde we should make our own guild k k XD your mage my bird lets goooooooooo

Snakespeare
01-18-2011, 12:15 PM
I am not a joiner of cliques, either. I think I would prefer to be known more as a great player than as a high ranking guild officer. I did join Caberos' guild because it has goals based on the game itself, but if I ever felt uncomfortable, I would just leave it. Anyway, if your character dies, that character is automatically no longer in the guild. I don't know about that Area of Effect guild. It looks like a bunch of old farts. (j/k) I'm sure they would rather run together because they are just familiar with each other now. Can't blame anyone for that. So I guess to most people, a guild is a group of people you trust, and with whom you like to run. But remember, I am a noob at MMOs. I've never played one before this. I have no idea, really, how guilds will work in the game.

Zeusofire
01-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Pharcyde is soooo right

Arterra
01-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Pharcyde is soooo right

Jesus he is spawning mini-Phars now! KILL IT WITH FIRE

Pharcyde
01-20-2011, 07:30 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0905/human-cloning-demotivational-poster-1243374062.jpg

FluffNStuff
01-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Join my guild pharcide. You seem like a perfect candidate.

Pharcyde
01-20-2011, 07:36 PM
http://www.lol-site.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/11329_funny-dog-pictures-dog-is-making-a-clone-army.jpg?w=560

Arterra, your gonna scream.

Whats the point of a guild? (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?17256-What-s-the-point-of-guild)

MoarPewPew
01-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Well you should join a guild to find people you like playing with. Guilds also allow communication between people to be easier.

Yes there is no benefit in game of having guilds but outside guilds are great to have to find players that have similar play style as you. :)

last350
01-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Phar, let me also jump on your band wagon. In EVERY mmo i've ever played, WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Guild Wars, Rappelz, Perfect World International... ETC i've always gotten tired of people asking me to join their guild. so, i would just create my own. i'd be the ONLY person in it and never invite anyone. People tend to recognize good players and then bother them to death to join a guild when they see them unbanded.

For years i had put in 12-18 hour days logging as many as 100+ hours a week in these games. Why? because i enjoyed them and at the time had nothing better to do with my life. You unlock a jedi and be the 6th on the server, people notice this. You get to max level in WoW 4 days after the game launches, your name gets recognized. If you spent weeks working yourself into owning the strongest weapons on the server and they glow like newly forming stars, people spot you miles away.

Guilds come and guilds go, but the only ones that every stayed permanent were the ones I made myself to keep people off my back and believe me it worked well. i never found anything i was lacking by not being in a guild. people will say well you can get great groups, well... if you're a great player, the great groups seek you out never-the-less.

Phar, iit's just a point i wanted to make and it's nothing more than my two cents given freely. guilds are for some people and not for others and when it comes to this game,
and in my opinion every game, guilds are useless other than giving a player an ego boost or entitlement by saying they are part of the "in crowd"

/endrant 8^D

JackDonkey
01-22-2011, 02:28 AM
I don't see me joining a guild either. Since there are really no super epic bosses, but I guess if you want the level or be like a 3 person guild for 3v3's I can see how you would be in one.

Pharcyde
01-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Phar, let me also jump on your band wagon. In EVERY mmo i've ever played, WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Guild Wars, Rappelz, Perfect World International... ETC i've always gotten tired of people asking me to join their guild. so, i would just create my own. i'd be the ONLY person in it and never invite anyone. People tend to recognize good players and then bother them to death to join a guild when they see them unbanded.

For years i had put in 12-18 hour days logging as many as 100+ hours a week in these games. Why? because i enjoyed them and at the time had nothing better to do with my life. You unlock a jedi and be the 6th on the server, people notice this. You get to max level in WoW 4 days after the game launches, your name gets recognized. If you spent weeks working yourself into owning the strongest weapons on the server and they glow like newly forming stars, people spot you miles away.

Guilds come and guilds go, but the only ones that every stayed permanent were the ones I made myself to keep people off my back and believe me it worked well. i never found anything i was lacking by not being in a guild. people will say well you can get great groups, well... if you're a great player, the great groups seek you out never-the-less.

Phar, iit's just a point i wanted to make and it's nothing more than my two cents given freely. guilds are for some people and not for others and when it comes to this game,
and in my opinion every game, guilds are useless other than giving a player an ego boost or entitlement by saying they are part of the "in crowd"

/endrant 8^D

Pretty epic logic here :). My thoughts almost exactly.

drewcapu
01-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I'd probably join a guild if there ended up being guild competitions with fantastic prizes! :D

jjjjaaaakkkke
01-26-2011, 05:22 PM
This thread reminded me of Love song by Sarah Barellis.

Militaryman
01-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Convince me to please you. Make me think that I need this too.

Quote from Sarah Berrailes- Love Song

Nightarcher
01-30-2011, 02:29 AM
I've never really bothered to pay attention to guilds because it's just an iPhone RPG.

However, as this game expends, I've been looking for more innovative ways to have fun while farming and questiong and just doing stupid stuff. So I'm considering looking into it, just for the sake of having some crazy gatherings to attend or weird games where we try to run VL naked. I don't like organizing things tons and it's great to have people you connect with to work together to set up events.

The commitment is what would hold me back though, because I'm not on at a specific time daily and sometimes I just don't feel like playing. I'm on the fence. But don't completely abandon the idea yet Phar. ;)

apocketlegend
01-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Idk if I wanna join a guild anyways also ps: I'm banned for 7 days lol!!!!!!

Arterra
01-31-2011, 08:44 PM
if you are caught using another account while banned, you are permabanned and i think your game account too. edit it all away.

apocketlegend
01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
I've heard a lot about AEO.......

Phoenixking
01-31-2011, 08:50 PM
You could do events and earn items just by playing and winning

Arterra
01-31-2011, 08:54 PM
I've heard a lot about AEO.......

i mean it. ask phar to edit it off too, and i shall. dont wait for a dev to do it for you

player5123
02-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Guilds, help with
-Friends
-Teamwork
-Farming
-PvEing
-Pvping
-Cure of boredom if found in game
-Gives you something to do and work for
-Sets goals

bladesword
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Because mynas gens and noobs wanna leech on ya.

Pharcyde
02-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Wouldn't guilds make beggars even worse? "Hey can you take 7 mil out of your guild vault and give it to me, plzzzzzzzzzzzz? I need frost armor for my lvl 30" xD.

Zerious
02-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Zerious Co...... Once guilds are systematic in-game, I'm making my own "pit stop" guild. It's for my workshop :D I just gotta figure out how the funding is gonna work... My thumbs life span looks pretty short at this point...

superglut2
02-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Pointless thread :-/

Pharcyde
02-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Pointless thread :-/

your pointless.

DontNerfMeBro
02-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Thread's been going for a month. If you're not convinced, I think you're better off without a guild.

Tsarra
02-14-2011, 01:42 AM
I'll start a guild. The only requirement is that you have to have fun and be under no pressure ever to play or farm. :) Just be there for your teammates once in a while to help them run large boss fights, and everyone keeps their own drops. No dictatorship required.

wolfendragon
02-15-2011, 10:27 PM

I agree with you on this I started a guild I might implement a 100 gold per member pool before events so I can buy a good piece of gear for winner depending on size of members but right now not enough for that so its all out of pocket for me

Pharcyde
02-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Thread's been going for a month. If you're not convinced, I think you're better off without a guild.

Well not like its gonna go anywhere, this thread went 4 weeks without any comments and it stayed close to the top of the section on page 1.

Wrap
02-19-2011, 05:39 AM
I don't think we can start speculating on how much gold we are all going to have to spend at this point...considering guilds have not been released, and none of us know exactly how they are going to be set up. Just because there will be guilds doesn't mean that they will be set up so you have to "pay to join" one, or have a coffer or anything like that.

Let's wait and see how Pocket Legends decides and sets up the guild system before we get all worried about how much money were all needing to contribute to one ^_^

WhoIsThis
02-20-2011, 01:02 AM
+1

Lets deal with guilds if and when they come out. Then we can criticize or praise where appropriate.