PDA

View Full Version : Plat sale now would be a smart marketing move

Luca Alessandro Bamba
07-25-2014, 08:33 AM
We had bonus offers, which is good, but they don't work in many countries. As of now with the game half dead resurrecting from its ashes and so many old players coming back, having a plat sale would be a very welcome move for the community and possibly a smart choice from sts.

So yeah sts, if you read this, think about it please.

Inviato dal mio ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TL utilizzando Tapatalk

Motivating
07-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Yes!

Ssneakykills
07-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Very true I'm suprised they haven't done it yet unless they put it in the update with the actual cap

Bous
07-25-2014, 01:59 PM
Yes I would totally buy plat

AvidLegend
07-25-2014, 02:04 PM
The point is they know everyone will buy platinum already. If they do a sale then you will spend the same amount or less and get more plat. Smart business vantage point consists of doing the opposite and making you pay full price due to forced demand following new content release. And only once platinum purchases start to dwindle do you actually announce a sale. This is how it has been in the past and I assume it will remain.

for the lulz
07-25-2014, 02:09 PM
The point is they know everyone will buy platinum already. If they do a sale then you will spend the same amount or less and get more plat. Smart business vantage point consists of doing the opposite and making you pay full price due to forced demand following new content release. And only once platinum purchases start to dwindle do you actually announce a sale. This is how it has been in the past and I assume it will remain.

avide y so smart

Wizard Ralph
07-25-2014, 02:16 PM
There is a caveat/exception to that above rule.
The whole point of a Platinum sale is to bulk-buy the 2000 Platinum option for cheaper. Regardless of a cap or not, players will definitely take advantage of that 2000 Plat for long term usage. However, a Platinum sale during a cap with players already buying Platinum will encourage them to buy more 2000 Platinum deals, thereby allowing profit to be further increased.

It's not the Platinum sale that will augment profits in this case, but rather the introduction of a new elite cap that possibly snatches back some players from other games that will augment the success of a Platinum sale instead.

I know it's confusing, but think about it and it should make some sense.

AvidLegend has a good point as well though. Nevertheless, is it not agreed that a Platinum sale would mutually benefit everyone, players and developers included?

dudetus
07-25-2014, 02:18 PM

Exactly.

Also, if STG announced a plat sale at the brink of releasing new content, customers would focus platinum buying at this moment and wait for new releases with the plat sales, instead of buying it just regularly.

Simply, smart marketing move is not to put a plat sale just prior releasing new content.

for the lulz
07-25-2014, 02:43 PM
lol imagine justg sitting at sts hq thinking "luk at these nubs telling us about what smart business moves are.All they want is cheap platz "

Motivating
07-25-2014, 02:54 PM
plat sale = hello 4k plat and goodbye my month's savings

johnny6880
07-25-2014, 06:34 PM
If you do a plat sale do it nex weekend it's my payday :please

Chopper
07-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Honestly, if they did a plat sale now, I'd be worried that the update will be a huge disappointment or let down. It would signal that STG wants to cash in on the anticipation of some new content, rather than have players actually disappointed and upset at a minor update and not buy plat.

So in that respect, i think it is good that there is no plat sale right now.

Waug
07-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Who want a sale, we want 1M for free.

Ape
07-25-2014, 09:53 PM
People will most likely buy platanyway with the upcoming cap. Im not sure if a sale will actually improvw their gainz.

aav5224
07-25-2014, 11:27 PM
i wulf like plat , just got paid

Motivating
07-26-2014, 04:08 AM
Ape is back?

Armourslash
07-26-2014, 04:36 AM
Ape is back?
Yup, he quit because apparently there wasn't much left for him to do in PL, when he heard new cap was coming soon, he came back on PL. I hope for more vids by him.

Apa
07-26-2014, 07:46 AM
Yup, he quit because apparently there wasn't much left for him to do in PL, when he heard new cap was coming soon, he came back on PL. I hope for more vids by him.

Thank god. People kept asking me about Ape's video's but thought I was Ape. It got really annoying.
Welcome back Ape! Now they can ask you about your vids instead of me. Cause all I could say was.. "I dunno what you talking about." , "I'm not Ape" or "I don't make vids" Teehee. (\(⌒▽⌒)

for the lulz
07-26-2014, 08:00 AM
apa im baccck from class !! coming online right nao!
o n whalecum back ape ^.^

Ape
07-29-2014, 10:01 PM

Thank god. People kept asking me about Ape's video's but thought I was Ape. It got really annoying.
Welcome back Ape! Now they can ask you about your vids instead of me. Cause all I could say was.. "I dunno what you talking about." , "I'm not Ape" or "I don't make vids" Teehee. (\(⌒▽⌒)

LOL,you have no idea...
Wait, actually you do, this is mad.

And thanks everyone for welcoming me back.

Trollish
07-31-2014, 12:42 AM
Breaking news! There will be no big content update!

STS is now releasing a 4th of july hat they forgot to release on july 4th while they were partying hard in AL.

Jk sts, ty for new content! :p