PDA

View Full Version : An Idea about Nekro the Undead Whelp

Ishtmeet
07-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Reason behind the Idea:
When it was announced, that a new Arcane Pet, Nekro the Un-dead whelp is coming soon, I was a bit pleased when I saw it can be obtained by doing a quest, That is PvE(Elite) based. By reading the whole thread, I got to know, it'll be Singe egg only that'll be needed to complete this quest to obtain an awesome pet. Everyone thought, Yes , its an awesome move by STS, as we con convert a 12mil pet into a 50-60mil pet or even more.
Then, rich guys( You may call) started buying singe eggs and started offering to high for Singe, and it was ridiculous. As we can see SInge egg worths over 50m now. I'm just thinking, those players who are offering more , don't want the normal players to receive an awesome pet? Yes, many troll by saying "Too broke for Shady and Surge"? And now, when there was a chance for us to get an awesome pet, they broke all the hopes as 50-60million gold for those guys means nothing, right? Nothing as they're ready to give a 100million for a pet. And it's impossible for us to get that much gold with super low chances of obtaining an egg from locked. So taking this in consideration, I request you to make some changed to the crafting quest for obtaining Nekro egg!

Some Ideas on How to Obtain/Receive Nekro Egg:
1) By taking Quest from Paracelsus the Alchemist, we'll be sent on a mission/quest to collect special Arcane Parchments from specific Elite bosses around Arlor. These parchments can be combined to make a very rare crafting recipe. These parchments can dropp ed from all Dragon bosses available in Tindrin( Drake, Alagran, Rendtail). Collect X(say) amount of parchments and return to Paracelsus the Alchemist to complete the first quest. After completing the quest, you'll receive a Recipe that can only be stashed, nor be traded or liquidated in inventory( In order to keep it safe, it must not be liquidate'able).
2) After completing the first quest from Paracelsus the Alchemist, you'll be given a new quest to Obtain undead Ectoplasm. This undead Ecto plasm can be dropped from all tindrin bosses and a very very rare drop from normal tindrin bosses. I'm not sure about quantity, but suppose 5 undead ectoplasm are needed to complete the second quest. After looting 5 Undead ectoplasm, you'll receive a last quest in order to obtain this awesome pet.
3) By Getting 5(say) Undead Ectoplasm, you'll comeplete the 2nd quest and Paracelsus the Alchemist will give you a last quest, this would be one of the hardest one.
Ok i've thought a lot for this quest and here is my Idea:
In the last quest, Paracelsus the Alchemist will ask you to get a Singe egg in order to start crafting! The ones who already have Singe egg, can deposit those eggs to Paracelsus the Alchemist and can start their crafting session.
For those who don't have, There will be a quest to Find 100 Undead Nekro's bones that can be dropped from elite bosses in Tindrin! The drop rates will be 50% off the drops rates of Teeths. These bones should have a low drop rate and after collecting 100 bones, your quest will be turned in and you need to report back to Paracelsus the Alchemist!
Now, there should be a benefit for those who already have singe. These 100 bones, can be used to make their singe back into an egg! This egg should be non-stashable/non-tradeable and after evolving singe back to the egg, the 3rd and last quest is finished and your crafting process starts!

For those people who don't have singe egg:
Those 100 bones can be a new recipe to obtain a singe egg! Suppose If I don't have singe egg, I'll use 100 bones to buy a recipe to craft singe egg! This recipe will take 150 drakin teeths to start the crafting process. With 150 teeths and 100 Bones you can receive a new non-tradeable/non-stashable singe egg!
After that, you can return to Paracelsus the Alchemist and complete your crafting process
This can be the best way to get Nekro egg.
If you have any ideas regarding it please post.
Thanks

Int
07-25-2014, 10:00 AM
I like your idea ish, but it won't be implemented because sts would rather want players to open tons of locks to get singe and giving sts more and more money, your 100 bones idea would give sts less profit.
Anyhow, I can assume people are gonna post on this thread saying how this quest isn't required, there's 100 pets you can choose from other than nekro, yadah yadah blah blah etc.

Kreasadriii
07-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Just weird when heard the craftable pet -__-

Bigboyblue
07-25-2014, 10:10 AM
+1. So far there have been some good ideas on the forums to make this easier to swallow. The current way STS wants to introduce this new crafting is only for platters. The problem is even the rich are getting fed up with the need to buy more plat every other day to get the new, latest and greatest item. I can only imagine the pain of looting HJ when you're aiming for a Singe. So now platters and free players are mad. Last time I checked that's the entire player base lol.

Ishtmeet
07-25-2014, 10:52 AM
I like your idea ish, but it won't be implemented because sts would rather want players to open tons of locks to get singe and giving sts more and more money, your 100 bones idea would give sts less profit.
Anyhow, I can assume people are gonna post on this thread saying how this quest isn't required, there's 100 pets you can choose from other than nekro, yadah yadah blah blah etc.

If they don't care about customers, those customers who helped this game become popular by promoting and stuff, they'll soon realize their mistake. I'm pretty sure, last days of arcane legends are coming if they dont listen to us.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

GoodSyntax
07-25-2014, 10:58 AM
I LOVE this idea!!!!

Not only does this benefit non-platters, and encourages elite runs, which as we all know, is a black hole for potions (and thus gold), as well as the throngs that buy revives, reroll, combo, etc, but there is also a benefit for the plat users that either open lockeds for Singe, buy Singe, or already have Singe eggs.

Regardless of what people say, Teeth are hard to come by, and if these Bones only drop in elite, then even with a 50% drop rate compared to Teeth, it will be quite difficult to stockpile a hundred Bones, yet the reward is worthwhile enough to keep us running elites.

I strongly recommend a solution like this - if nothing else, it removes the label of Pay To Stay Competitive that AL has truly developed these past two seasons.

Please, please, please implement something like this.

Ishtmeet
07-25-2014, 11:14 AM
I LOVE this idea!!!!

Not only does this benefit non-platters, and encourages elite runs, which as we all know, is a black hole for potions (and thus gold), as well as the throngs that buy revives, reroll, combo, etc, but there is also a benefit for the plat users that either open lockeds for Singe, buy Singe, or already have Singe eggs.

Regardless of what people say, Teeth are hard to come by, and if these Bones only drop in elite, then even with a 50% drop rate compared to Teeth, it will be quite difficult to stockpile a hundred Bones, yet the reward is worthwhile enough to keep us running elites.

I strongly recommend a solution like this - if nothing else, it removes the label of Pay To Stay Competitive that AL has truly developed these past two seasons.

Please, please, please implement something like this.

The only thing that makes this quest impossible for us is the price of singe atm. 50m+ for a pet, seriously?

GoodSyntax
07-25-2014, 11:30 AM
Personally, I think that the only way to attain this should be through elites exclusively. Perhaps STS could choose one of the elite eggs as an ingredient, along with other drops throughout Elite Arlor (i.e., Entombed Hammers, Architect items, Noble items, BloodHammer items, Skewers/Firesquids, etc.). If the requirements were all elite drops that force you to either buy up a bunch of gear in auction (thus driving up prices for the farmers), or farm them yourself, then at least it would really encourage more elite runs and make farming for something other than Locked in KM3/Brackenridge profitable again.

To be honest, I don't understand the lack of attention on elites. If anything, I would think that elites provide a more consistent gold sink, and still provide solid revenue for STS via elixirs and revives.

Ishtmeet
07-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Personally, I think that the only way to attain this should be through elites exclusively. Perhaps STS could choose one of the elite eggs as an ingredient, along with other drops throughout Elite Arlor (i.e., Entombed Hammers, Architect items, Noble items, BloodHammer items, Skewers/Firesquids, etc.). If the requirements were all elite drops that force you to either buy up a bunch of gear in auction (thus driving up prices for the farmers), or farm them yourself, then at least it would really encourage more elite runs and make farming for something other than Locked in KM3/Brackenridge profitable again.

To be honest, I don't understand the lack of attention on elites. If anything, I would think that elites provide a more consistent gold sink, and still provide solid revenue for STS via elixirs and revives.

Yes potions is a good way for slow gold sink too. I hope they make change to crafting process as told earlier by remiem in chat. Thanks kali for a +ve feed back.

GoodSyntax
07-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Just announced....Singe no longer a crafting requirement for Nekro.

There will be another Arcane item released (probably in crates) that will be used.

I don't see how this is a superior solution....

FluidShot
07-25-2014, 11:51 AM

There will be another Arcane item released (probably in crates) that will be used.

It'll be superior if that arcane item isn't in crates. If it is.... Open the flood gates.

GoodSyntax
07-25-2014, 12:48 PM
I put out an idea in chat on a good crafting strategy that can rekindle interest in elites and make drops valuable once again.

For each season, introduce a new craftable pet (Legendary at least, Mythic would be preferred) that can only be obtained through farming/purchasing elite items for each season.

I.E:

Magma Weapon + Magma Helm + Magma Armor + Crafting Component (Teeth/Essences/etc.) = Tindirin Pet
Architect Weapon + Architect Helm + Architect Armor = Shuyal Pet
Entombed Hammer/Mountain Teeth/Nordr Jewel + Noble Helm + Noble Armor = Nordr Pet
Firesquid/Skewer/Flameberge/Abyssal/Depraved + BH Tricorn + BH Doublet = Kraken Pet

Because elite items are scattered across all of the elite maps, this would encourage farming all elite maps, and really increase the value of elite gear. This gives mainstream farmers a reasonable revenue stream if they aren't interested in crafting, provides new eggs to buy/hatch/merch/hoard, and really sparks renewed interest in elites in general.

We can leave the Arcane stuff in Lockeds if STS is insistent on it, but at least something worth running for instead of the same two Tindirin maps all the time.

Madnex
07-25-2014, 12:56 PM
I put out an idea in chat on a good crafting strategy that can rekindle interest in elites and make drops valuable once again.

For each season, introduce a new craftable pet (Legendary at least, Mythic would be preferred) that can only be obtained through farming/purchasing elite items for each season.

I.E:

Magma Weapon + Magma Helm + Magma Armor + Crafting Component (Teeth/Essences/etc.) = Tindirin Pet
Entombed Hammer + Noble Helm + Noble Armor = Nordr Pet
Firesquid/Skewer + BH Tricorn + BH Doublet = Kraken Pet

Because elite items are scattered across all of the elite maps, this would encourage farming all elite maps, and really increase the value of elite gear. This gives mainstream farmers a reasonable revenue stream if they aren't interested in crafting, provides new eggs to buy/hatch/merch/hoard, and really sparks renewed interest in elites in general.

We can leave the Arcane stuff in Lockeds if STS is insistent on it, but at least something worth running for instead of the same two Tindirin maps all the time.
Excellent idea.

Instead of making one of the components needed to drop from locked chests only, what if we make up for that revenue with a new platinum purchasable, tradable elixir that boosts the component drop rate by say, 25%?

EDIT:
In addition, the craftable mythic/arcane pets should require a plethora of the elite map drops (eg. 10x Magma Helmets, 5x Magma Armors etc.) to really give these items their lost value from being, for another season, inferior to upgraded mythics set.

GoodSyntax
07-25-2014, 12:59 PM
Considering how many revives/elixirs and pots I've burned, with more people farming = larger gold sink + more plat revenue

Ishtmeet
07-25-2014, 02:50 PM

I.E:

Entombed Hammer/Mountain Teeth/Nordr Jewel + Noble Helm + Noble Armor = Nordr Pet
Firesquid/Skewer/Flameberge/Abyssal/Depraved + BH Tricorn + BH Doublet = Kraken Pet

+1000
Great idea kali,
I would like to see devs feedback regarding it.

KingMartin
07-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Many has been said and so I will be short:

If STS needs us (understandably) to buy plats, let us spend plats for luck lixers and let us farm stuff for crafting this fabulous pet.

It does not matter so much what this "stuff" will be, but let it be a long term task!!! It's pretty boring to see that most of the end-gamers finish the quest in the first day.

On top of that, let it be also AP-accountable (5 worlds = 5 APs = 5 pets???), because now the entire LB is only about flags and pve kills.

Thank you for listening

KingMartin
07-25-2014, 04:33 PM

If it's so, STS missed another opportunity to make the game interesting for elite farmers. Why, when we burn tons of plats for lixers and revivals? I don't know... I only know that the plat I bought during sale will be enough for the next 3 months, if the elite does not get interesting stuff to farm. And I believe I am not the only one.

Socrates
07-25-2014, 04:46 PM
awesome idea sounds like you have to do a lot of job but it defenitely gives you a good motivation to get the pet thumbs up I hope it will be done.

Ishtmeet
07-25-2014, 05:03 PM
If it's so, STS missed another opportunity to make the game interesting for elite farmers. Why, when we burn tons of plats for lixers and revivals? I don't know... I only know that the plat I bought during sale will be enough for the next 3 months, if the elite does not get interesting stuff to farm. And I believe I am not the only one.

Tbh I've seen lot of people using combos revivals even 5 play revivals.
Sts wants that people buy more and more plats right? Ok then, when people hear stories like bran, Opened 600elocks and didn't even got a single myth. Do you think this will increase plat purchases or decrease? Ofc decrease. There should be better drops or arcane pets could be bought using plats in stable like 1k plat? Or maybe 2k. This would make people buy specific amount of plats as well. Idk what sts is planning of, arena hasn't been scaled yet, no new aps in lvl 41 expansion, only new things that are introduced are these midas touch pets, midas touch arcane rings and the contest that needs 24/7 playing service with huge amount of plats and gold burn. Seriously this expansion has been the most boring since the time I'm playing this game.
Happy customers=More profit. That's what they want to learn.
That's it.

ClumsyCactus
07-25-2014, 05:08 PM
IMO the best thing to do would be to have a epic questline through elite arlor about combining abaddon and Scorch...
And both PET would disappear after crafting.

SacredKnight
07-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Don't need Singe no more...

KingMartin
07-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Don't need Singe no more...

Yes, but still - this thread like several others is to support the idea of having a hard elite quest instead of super-rare and super-expensive item to start with.

It's one of the chances to bring the fun of elite runs back. If STS misses it again, I know that many guys (elite runs plat spenders) will take a long break, to say the least.

Kali's idea of having rare rewards for each elite world is fantastic. I wish STS listened... my point is that if elite runners (meaning the class, not our guild) leave the game, there will be less of prey in PvP.

And less prey = less PvP players.

Less PvP players = less $$$ for STS. Easy.

Ishtmeet
07-26-2014, 05:22 AM
Yes, but still - this thread like several others is to support the idea of having a hard elite quest instead of super-rare and super-expensive item to start with.

It's one of the chances to bring the fun of elite runs back. If STS misses it again, I know that many guys (elite runs plat spenders) will take a long break, to say the least.

Kali's idea of having rare rewards for each elite world is fantastic. I wish STS listened... my point is that if elite runners (meaning the class, not our guild) leave the game, there will be less of prey in PvP.

And less prey = less PvP players.

Less PvP players = less $$$ for STS. Easy.
Yes,
As you've seen before today there have been a lot of items that dropped from crates like shard, arcane eggs etc etc. Now this thread is just an advice for giving Elite farmers to earn a special powerful but untradeable egg by running elites/ultrad tough quest. This would really return the fun in running elites as people are getting bored these days.

KingMartin
07-26-2014, 05:44 AM
Yes,
As you've seen before today there have been a lot of items that dropped from crates like shard, arcane eggs etc etc. Now this thread is just an advice for giving Elite farmers to earn a special powerful but untradeable egg by running elites/ultrad tough quest. This would really return the fun in running elites as people are getting bored these days.

Hey buddy, yes I have one concern about the arcane items as craft items -

Although certain people deny being rich, we all know that the market is controlled by a handful of people, driving the prices high (unreachable for 99.99% of the AL population).

The arcane items were never so expensive as they are during this season. Is that due to market and rarity? No. It's because the economy is very limited and few "billionaires" control the market of all expensive items.

If STS wants to have arcane item as basis, they should at least increase the odds of looting it. Not much, maybe a double odds only.

It's been 4 months since Tindirin expansion and the best arcane items are not losing anything in the price, quite the opposite. This was never the case before. Even Kershal started at 80 but dropped down to about 45-50 during the season if I remember correctly.

If the items remain super-expensive then I don't understand what the quest is good for. Would I see a reasonable chance to collect items for crafting superior item, I would be pumping combos like crazy. If I see that the quest is easy but the starting item costs 100M (shard), motivation sinks down to 0 and plat that I have bought during sale will last until X-mas (no kidding).

Ishtmeet
07-26-2014, 06:34 AM
Hey buddy, yes I have one concern about the arcane items as craft items -

Although certain people deny being rich, we all know that the market is controlled by a handful of people, driving the prices high (unreachable for 99.99% of the AL population).

The arcane items were never so expensive as they are during this season. Is that due to market and rarity? No. It's because the economy is very limited and few "billionaires" control the market of all expensive items.

If STS wants to have arcane item as basis, they should at least increase the odds of looting it. Not much, maybe a double odds only.

It's been 4 months since Tindirin expansion and the best arcane items are not losing anything in the price, quite the opposite. This was never the case before. Even Kershal started at 80 but dropped down to about 45-50 during the season if I remember correctly.

If the items remain super-expensive then I don't understand what the quest is good for. Would I see a reasonable chance to collect items for crafting superior item, I would be pumping combos like crazy. If I see that the quest is easy but the starting item costs 100M (shard), motivation sinks down to 0 and plat that I have bought during sale will last until X-mas (no kidding).
King, you're exactly right!
No one controls the market, it's those people who have more than sufficient gold. I don't want to call out names but they know their selves.
People ask, why are these items too expensive. Take an example of arcane shard or the newly released pet shady and surge. Or take an example of how prices of singe raised after the announcement. Ok I'll answer it, the price is not set by looking at demand or anything it's BS. Ok naming a rich player "Ish". Ish has 300mil gold, and doesn't wants anyone to get a newly released arcane item like shard. So, he doesn't wants anyone to buy it and as it is an unique loot from locks, he offers 100mil for a shard, hardly anyone would afford and which encourages people to open more and more locks for junks. As he offers, all the other rich players raise the price a bit and buy. Why do you think singe's price raised a lot? Yes , these rich guys didn't wanted a simple-medium rich guy to get that pet and hence started offering a lot for this pet. And 50m for them is nothing just saying. Take an example of Bulwark. Bulwark isn't good for PvP, these rich dudes don't use them in PvP, so the prices were not increased like the other myth weapons. If there is an system, that STS pre-sets the price of all newly released arcane and mythic items. This would help a lot. All mythic weapons, of each class should be of same price and same for arcane. Note: When maul was released, it was maxed at 35-40mil, Kershal was 60m+ and arcane ring 100m+. Why does the prices increase every season? Ok, if these prices will rise a lot like this, Non- Plat users don't deserve these arcane items? Suppose arcane amulet/weapon will be launched next season, I guarantee you: It'll be 2x OP than the arcane ring, hence the price would start from 150m. People would be offering arcane ring + gold for it. So that much gold amount will be possible for us to get?
I think there should be a copy of arcane item too. That copy should be myth item and should have almost same stats as arcane item but a bit weak proc. These weapons should be untradeable and be bought using in game currencies like Teeths or story tokens or bla bla. Yes, it would nor be a profit neither be a loss for STS. As buying an untradeable item from vendor would give the buyer no profit, and hence those people who want to earn by popping locks will keep on popping locks.
Was a long, but in short: These rising prices of arcane items is weird and should be controlled or a similar myth weapon should be released that matches arcane items.

And like OP, yes getting an arcane item by crafting or something like that would be really nice.

havenjacket
07-26-2014, 11:22 AM
STG are too ignorant to make ideas like this happen

Ive never actually seen any of suggestion ideas to be FULLY implemented. They never take ideas from us forumers. Why even bother?

And if they do take a slight part of an idea ,they monetize it to a HUGEEE extent that it's not even a gud idea anymore

GoodSyntax
07-26-2014, 12:18 PM
To expand on my previous idea of encouraging players to farm ALL elite maps (not just the one or two where the loot actually sells), I think a reasonable solution would be requiring all of the seasonal crafted eggs (Kraken, Nordr, Shuyal and Tindirin) to craft an Arcane egg.

This would essentially mean hundreds upon hundreds of elite runs to gather all the crafting materials from each season, additional time to craft the requisite eggs, then even more time to craft the Arcane eggs, which will take the seasonal crafted eggs out of circulation.

Based on this logic, I would rank the Kraken egg as a Common, Nordr as a Rare, Shuyal as Elite and Tindirin as Mythic (due to the increasing difficulty of the farming requirements).

utpal
07-26-2014, 03:24 PM
wow guys. so much expectation. the reason why arcane items each season is increased coz people are getting richer day by day and to get OP item in their hands first, they will bid any amount.

its been like this. it has been in PL, In SL and there now in AL. AL will/is soon on the way to downfall like PL and SL.

STS, time to make one new legend game.

GoodSyntax
07-26-2014, 08:56 PM
wow guys. so much expectation. the reason why arcane items each season is increased coz people are getting richer day by day and to get OP item in their hands first, they will bid any amount.

its been like this. it has been in PL, In SL and there now in AL. AL will/is soon on the way to downfall like PL and SL.

STS, time to make one new legend game.

So then make more of these type of Arcane/Mythic items bound to the toon (AKA not for merchants/hoarders). Give farmers something to ACTUALLY farm towards.

utpal
07-27-2014, 12:45 AM
So then make more of these type of Arcane/Mythic items bound to the toon (AKA not for merchants/hoarders). Give farmers something to ACTUALLY farm towards.

agreed. arcane and mythics should be bound to character.
I hav quit farming elite after season3.
as its just a gold sink for me and a waste of time.

ibighunk
07-28-2014, 12:30 AM
Lol @ craftng

Xeusx
07-28-2014, 12:34 AM
Lol @ craftng
#Lol@PvE.

Sorry, Kei. XD

ibighunk
07-28-2014, 12:36 AM
#Lol@PvE.

Sorry, Kei. XD