PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is this word!

epicrrr
07-26-2014, 10:14 AM
in a middle of a formal 5v5, if i use "paki" instant muted wtf is this word, in Filipino this means "please" so annoyed.

bmooooo
07-26-2014, 10:19 AM
I can feel u bro always happen s to me too

Skaunared
07-26-2014, 10:21 AM
just don't say "please" :p

Gensin
07-26-2014, 10:22 AM
just don't say "please" :p

and this is why, Karma and Magnum never ends.

On topic:
The word "paki" goes back to the 1950s when Asian immigrants were arriving in the UK for the first time and many found themselves unwelcome and the target for racist abuse and attacks. The word was used to describe anyone from that part of the world even though it was often applied to Indians, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis, etc, none of whom had anything to do with Pakistan at all obviously."Paki' however was a quick and easy-to-remember word used to label them all with. Its use was encouraged by the conservative tableoid media at the time to whip up an anti-foreigner frenzy and nearly always had a negative and derogatory, racist meaning associated to it. Many British people realise that now and so have stopped using the word at all because they understand at this stage how insulting it is to Asians. Some unfortunately have still not learnt this lesson yet. Anyone here who claims there is no signifiance to the use of the word either does not know their own history or is simply in denial about the truth.

(Credits to: John B on Yahoo Answers) :)

Instanthumor
07-26-2014, 10:24 AM
and this is why, Karma and Magnum never ends.

That escalated... Quickly...

epicrrr
07-26-2014, 11:13 AM
So this is not an original english word I wonder why other swear/racsist word from other language does not get the insta mute treatment, for instance start adding the Filipino swear words!

Gensin
07-26-2014, 10:46 PM
And I belive a Filipino Delicacy is also a swear word in german "P*to"

Trenton
07-26-2014, 11:27 PM
Just like (can't remember language) shower is actually doosh (yes I know I spelled it wrong) and people got muted for that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hectororius
07-27-2014, 12:24 AM
Since the game is english based, they have restricted any english words that are abusive, slanderous, racist or derogatory. This includes words in other languages that are commonly used in English.

Unfortunately, they may not have the resources to restrict all foreign curse and derogatory words.

You could always compile a list and send it to a mod or dev to hopefully have it added to their list though. I would encourage this even.