PDA

View Full Version : Birds shoot through walls?

azefekie
07-26-2014, 02:11 PM
Hello STS its been a long time! I have a quick question, how are birds shooting through the corner of CTF walls? This has been happening for some time now and surprised to see it hasn't been fixed (not that birds want it fixed). It is impossible to hit them while they sit and shoot from corners, this gives a HUGE advantage to a specific class. If you take your time to look into it that is greatly appreciated and I cant wait for the next cap to see how the balancing of classes go for PvP/CTF.

Smithyyy
07-26-2014, 02:13 PM
its cuz birds have faster reaction speed of arrows
they can press arrow skill buton and when they swing back into hiding behind wall the arrow is alrdy released
you cant do that for mages cuz the skill release tiem is more than that of arrows of bird

i think u can do it with bears beckon tho

azefekie
07-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Birds aren't swinging in and out from walls, they're sitting there shooting in one spot and cant be hit

Bous
07-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Skill

Smithyyy
07-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Birds aren't swinging in and out from walls, they're sitting there shooting in one spot and cant be hit

i doubt that truly is the issue. i think its more of an exaggeration of a slight movement
tbh just go pally like 99% of all endgame mages or simply go closer into the walls and not enar the edges
birds have arrows that shoot much quicker so if ur anywhere near the edge of wall they can shoot u and u cant hit back.

azefekie
07-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Yeah good answer bous, we can tell you're here to help and not just post stupid responses. Move along troll

azefekie
07-26-2014, 02:26 PM
i doubt that truly is the issue. i think its more of an exaggeration of a slight movement
tbh just go pally like 99% of all endgame mages or simply go closer into the walls and not enar the edges
birds have arrows that shoot much quicker so if ur anywhere near the edge of wall they can shoot u and u cant hit back.
Bah the last thing I want is to become another OP player, with luck STS will test all classes with all gear before making the same mistake like the last 2 caps. Dodge ruined the game for the capped lvls

Bous
07-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Yeah good answer bous, we can tell you're here to help and not just post stupid responses. Move along troll

Lol. Seriously its skill. Its like when u drain before the other guy runs behind the tree it still hits. Same with roots, when he roots when your still in range and then you hide root still hits

azefekie
07-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Lol. Seriously its skill. Its like when u drain before the other guy runs behind the tree it still hits. Same with roots, when he roots when your still in range and then you hide root still hits
Not sure how shooting someone before they hide is the same as shooting someone from standing behind a wall. I've played the game a long time I understand how birds shoot and move just like mages and fire pushing people back. We actually tested this out, not saying you dont have truth in what youre saying but I do believe we are talking about something completely different

Bous
07-26-2014, 03:12 PM
Not sure how shooting someone before they hide is the same as shooting someone from standing behind a wall. I've played the game a long time I understand how birds shoot and move just like mages and fire pushing people back. We actually tested this out, not saying you dont have truth in what youre saying but I do believe we are talking about something completely different
Never seen someone get rooted through a wall. Unless from what I said or if they're lagging. 80% of pl players have been lagging lately that might partly be the issue. I can only imagine the lag when the 77 cap is here.

Hawkbby
07-26-2014, 03:37 PM
As any character, if you sit still with good connection, you can see everyones movements. So if you happen to pop out, and I were a bird on a corner, I would shoot, its like a bug, but mages can do it with fire, or drain, you just have to have good ping, and wait for someone to make the wrong move by stepping out first, hope this helps.

Smithyyy
07-26-2014, 03:51 PM
As any character, if you sit still with good connection, you can see everyones movements. So if you happen to pop out, and I were a bird on a corner, I would shoot, its like a bug, but mages can do it with fire, or drain, you just have to have good ping, and wait for someone to make the wrong move by stepping out first, hope this helps.

yep this is true bro thats wat people do in rockwall mostly endgame bird

XghostzX
07-26-2014, 04:27 PM
No, I actually agree with Aze on this - I've been playing CTF end game for a long time and it actually is a problem. If you take players like Alvin, husk, etc. it is a legitimate issue.

They don't move back and forth quick, they stand still.

Xyzther
07-26-2014, 05:44 PM

You must be new here

Burningdex
07-26-2014, 06:53 PM
i know how to go thru wallas on a mage with drain but i think itll ruin pvp so im not gonna say

thelous
07-27-2014, 07:58 AM
I bet you dont know ^^

Waug
07-27-2014, 08:04 AM
It looks like I have to explain blast mechanism to answer op's question.

Well if I do it with picture it would take time, long spare time coming soon, maybe I would do it then.

azefekie
07-27-2014, 08:55 AM
You must be new here
yes this is my first day..thanks for your post

Xyzther
07-27-2014, 09:08 AM

You're welcome I'm glad it helped

Smithyyy
07-27-2014, 04:52 PM
No, I actually agree with Aze on this - I've been playing CTF end game for a long time and it actually is a problem. If you take players like Alvin, husk, etc. it is a legitimate issue.

Maybe they jsut have rly low ping...to them it looks like ur out of the wall but to u ur actually behind the wall...thats why they can blast u and it SEEM like you aregetting blast thru wall

Sheugokin
07-27-2014, 05:37 PM

And lag cannot be an issue because I usually get green ping. People say that people with lag cannot tell the slight movements. But that is still not the case. Idk guys. This needs attention.

Matutd
07-27-2014, 05:59 PM
I play bird, but it seems to me that I get beckoned through walls a lot. I always put it down to my connection

programmed
07-27-2014, 06:04 PM
A mage was just hiding behind a tree and still hit me with frost without coming out and normally I'd blame my sucky Internet but for once I actually had a good ping.

[Buy]
07-27-2014, 06:51 PM
I tested it with two devices at the same time. Each of them were sometimes not quite exact coordinates of my characters and it was seen as one of them lag behind .

XghostzX
07-27-2014, 11:12 PM
And lag cannot be an issue because I usually get green ping. People say that people with lag cannot tell the slight movements. But that is still not the case. Idk guys. This needs attention.

Yep, don't even get me started with a bears beckon through wall. It's the weirdest delay and then you realize you're already dead the next moment.

Bous
07-28-2014, 12:07 AM
Jee, Where are my manners? Welcome to the forums!

Burningdex
07-28-2014, 03:23 AM
as a mage get enemy bhind wall and another enemy next to u drain 1 next to u then swap to one bhind wall and it hits one bhind wall :) might have patched it worked like around 2011ig

programmed
07-28-2014, 07:00 AM
Jee, Where are my manners? Welcome to the forums!

Can't tell if you're trolling but if not look at his join date please lol

Trenton
07-28-2014, 09:40 AM
And post count

Reunegade
07-28-2014, 10:34 AM
I blame my lack of skill for being beckon and frosted thru walls