PDA

View Full Version : guilds and their ranks / titles ...why are they so simplified , it could be better

fiftyonecents
07-26-2014, 04:56 PM
This thread is touching base on our current guild ranks and there individual privileges when obtained.

I recommend there be a better suit of ranks and titles for a player to earn.

Make

member .......

next rank

next rank

recruiter

next rank

seasoned recruiter

officer

senior officer

chief officer

vice officer

guild master

please post your comments on the structure mentioned above.

I believe this would improve how a guild operates on a loyalty basis, If I am wrong feel free to spout your thoughts.

Serancha
07-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Personally I dislike the idea of adding ranks for status. This just leads to jealously, drama, power tripping etc. As I said in another topic on this, who wants to join a guild only to find out 90% of the members are labeled "better" than them. Nobody likes feeling excluded, and the more ranks you add, the more people will feel left out. The current rank system is necessary for basic guild management, but to add more is just a drama magnet, which serves no purpose. Not to mention promotion begging - every GM's nightmare.

Schnitzel
07-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Personally I dislike the idea of adding ranks for status. This just leads to jealously, drama, power tripping etc. As I said in another topic on this, who wants to join a guild only to find out 90% of the members are labeled "better" than them. Nobody likes feeling excluded, and the more ranks you add, the more people will feel left out. The current rank system is necessary for basic guild management, but to add more is just a drama magnet, which serves no purpose. Not to mention promotion begging - every GM's nightmare.

Yea...i agree with Serancha

And i thinkthe current rank names are enough

Filthyness
07-26-2014, 10:16 PM
well , TBH the ranks mentioned above are way too much , i suggest adding 1 rank only which is above officer , " co-master" , " senior officer " call it whatever you may , and this rank's privileges are same as officers , but is able to kick officers and change the guild hall , but cannot disband the guild .

fiftyonecents
07-28-2014, 05:56 PM
well , TBH the ranks mentioned above are way too much , i suggest adding 1 rank only which is above officer , " co-master" , " senior officer " call it whatever you may , and this rank's privileges are same as officers , but is able to kick officers and change the guild hall , but cannot disband the guild .

Your idea makes sense to me.... I agree with your response. Thanks.

Bless
07-29-2014, 07:00 AM
Way too many ranks. This isn't the army.

Don't batter me with your trulle's club, I just give criticism.

keikali
07-29-2014, 07:04 AM
I wouldn't mind only ONE rank added which comes directly after the GM, like a Head Officer or something. One who can demote and promote whenever the GM is not present. This can prevent those prior mass booting issues we always see.

Serancha
07-29-2014, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't mind only ONE rank added which comes directly after the GM, like a Head Officer or something. One who can demote and promote whenever the GM is not present. This can prevent those prior mass booting issues we always see.

That would be a co-gm who can do everythig except disband. I'd go for that. Not the rest though.

fiftyonecents
07-29-2014, 09:38 PM
That would be a co-gm who can do everythig except disband. I'd go for that. Not the rest though.

yeah maybe don't make it super elaborate yes I agree.

Co master ...Senior officer one outranks the others and have different privelages/ authorities