PDA

View Full Version : school advice...

Burningdex
07-27-2014, 05:11 AM
i consider most of the players on this game older maturer and generally a smarter bunch of people...

my grades arent exactly what im looking for atm im trying my hardest and honestly stumped when it comes to getting grades up... im willing to spend the time and effort to do better but idk what to do

any help ill appreciate it

regards~burn

dudetus
07-27-2014, 06:18 AM
Uninstall PL, spend the time u spent playing into studying

programmed
07-27-2014, 02:46 PM
If you need help just PM me bro. As long as its not high school level math or history. If it's Biology, Earth Science, Geology, Ornithology, and pretty much any other science you could be learning about, English, or language arts I can help.

Laar
07-27-2014, 03:02 PM
If you need help just PM me bro. As long as its not high school level math or history. If it's Biology, Earth Science, Geology, Ornithology, and pretty much any other science you could be learning about, English, or language arts I can help.
How about economics? :p LOL

KingFu
07-27-2014, 11:14 PM

He means he'll Google it for you.

Burningdex
07-28-2014, 12:30 AM
aha im so bad at english >.> C+ for life i swear

yasshh
07-28-2014, 02:23 AM
My teacher used to say this:
"Learn to Learn".

Schedule always helps. Increase your study time gradually and set small goals. Take a break every 2hours or so(other than phone/pc/tv). Keep a track of chapters you complete in a limited time. And you will improve. And 1 last point is not hating the subject

programmed
07-28-2014, 06:54 AM
He means he'll Google it for you.

No lol

XghostzX
07-30-2014, 12:32 AM
My teacher used to say this:
"Learn to Learn".

Schedule always helps. Increase your study time gradually and set small goals. Take a break every 2hours or so(other than phone/pc/tv). Keep a track of chapters you complete in a limited time. And you will improve. And 1 last point is not hating the subject

Those 2 hour breaks are critical as well. Eating healthy snacks/meals and exercising (preferably running) sharpens your attention and memory skills.

programmed
07-30-2014, 06:27 AM
Drinking lemon balm tea if you can find any will also help you focus.

Boiled_35
07-30-2014, 02:38 PM
I can halp wit math :3

FluidShot
07-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Best thing is to exercise. 45 minutes of studying, 15 of physical activity (best if it's outside).

Science: Exerting your body physically increases the production of endorphins, which elevates your mood. With a higher mood, you'll feel better studying, feel like you're accomplishing more, and generally be more productive.

Depending on what grade you're in (or college), there are student help groups, or probably subject-specific tutorials. If you're stumped on something, talking it over with people who are either struggling to understand it (and collectively finding the solution) or getting help from an expert can help as well.

Burningdex
07-30-2014, 03:44 PM
im quite good at every thing except english which is probs wors subject to be bad at >.>

programmed
07-30-2014, 06:07 PM
im quite good at every thing except english which is probs wors subject to be bad at >.>

Pm me then dude. English is one of my best subjects.

Spyce
07-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Pm me then dude. English is one of my best subjects.

Hao tew speek murica

programmed
07-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Hao tew speek murica

Yo no hablo ìngles.

Spyce
07-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Yo no hablo ìngles.

[emoji690]️[emoji691][emoji692][emoji693][emoji694][emoji695][emoji696][emoji697][emoji698][emoji699]️

CrimsonTider
07-30-2014, 08:13 PM
There is a free website called "Kahn Academy" which is awesome. I use it with my students for reinforcement and they do very well with the concepts. There is also a YouTube channel called "Crash Course" which goes into a variety of subjects and make them fun to learn.

In general though, your greatest success will come by studying and continually reviewing content which you struggle with. Another concept you can try, which I also use with my students, is teaching yourself. Make a video or sound file in which you try to explain to yourself what you want to learn. Then play it back to reinforce the concept as well as critique it to see if you left anything out.

Hope this helps.

KingFu
07-30-2014, 08:15 PM
There is a free website called "Kahn Academy" which is awesome. I use it with my students for reinforcement and they do very well with the concepts. There is also a YouTube channel called "Crash Course" which goes into a variety of subjects and make them fun to learn.

In general though, your greatest success will come by studying and continually reviewing content which you struggle with. Another concept you can try, which I also use with my students, is teaching yourself. Make a video or sound file in which you try to explain to yourself what you want to learn. Then play it back to reinforce the concept as well as critique it to see if you left anything out.

Hope this helps.

Bryian!

iceQueen69
07-30-2014, 08:26 PM
make smart irl friends so u can copy :eagerness:

tarlan
07-30-2014, 08:33 PM
with enough brute force, i learned you can suceed at anything,
try to threaten your teachers/professors

its boosted me several letter grades before

Trenton
07-30-2014, 10:23 PM
The only thing I have problems with is Latin, which I can't get out of sadly enough because of "advanced English" class, but the only thing that helped me through that was flash cards. Flash cards really seems like a childish way to do things, but it REALLY helps me out. Idk what you're exactly having problems with, but whether it be terms such as adjectives, nouns, pronouns, conjunctions, etc. you can use flash cards with, or with vocab, or Latin, or almost anything, really. If you have an iDevice it IS easier with the app, but if you have an Android, you can still use the mobile version.

For iDevice, download Quizlet. Not sure how well this works, because I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.

For Android, go to quizlet.com

You can make your own flashcards, and use them manually, or you can have it speak to you. You can also use pre-made flash cards that people upload there.

OR you can of course just make your own real life cards ;) With Quizlet, they just happen to be with you most of the time. Good luck though, and I'd consider getting rid of PL to study for awhile, or until you can learn to maintain your time better.

Burningdex
07-31-2014, 06:09 AM
dont even have time to play pl atm been studying my a$$ off lately and been doing irl stuff n sport, i generally only log pn for dailies (idk how to spell dailies)

PL•ayer
08-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Summer ftw

Xxnavysealxx
08-04-2014, 02:07 PM
If your teacher doesn't take your homework to look at the answers just scribble some numbers and words on there and your set to go :D did this 3 years so far I'm a senior this upcoming year xD oh 1 more advice do what icequeen69 said really helpful like seriously 1 person could actually change your life oh 1 tip is take yesterday's homework finish it in the class before the class which you took the assignment from :) that's helpful also oh and always have an excuse ready

Laar
08-04-2014, 02:29 PM
If your teacher doesn't take your homework to look at the answers just scribble some numbers and words on there and your set to go :D did this 3 years so far I'm a senior this upcoming year xD oh 1 more advice do what icequeen69 said really helpful like seriously 1 person could actually change your life oh 1 tip is take yesterday's homework finish it in the class before the class which you took the assignment from :) that's helpful also oh and always have an excuse ready
Burn don't follow this, obviously this person does not care about his future and is a very lazy person. This is not school advice, it is a collection of attempts to cheat your way out of life, which is impossible.

programmed
08-04-2014, 03:07 PM
At one of my old schools people wouldn't do a single bit of work and they would still pass the grade because the teachers didn't want to deal with them anymore lol.

CAK Vader
08-04-2014, 03:42 PM
with enough brute force, i learned you can suceed at anything,
try to threaten your teachers/professors

its boosted me several letter grades before

Wii r n the presants of a ginus u giys

aquascaper
08-04-2014, 05:39 PM
+1 on quizlet.com. Make your own decks too, it really helps a lot

Uafaud
08-04-2014, 05:44 PM
[emoji690]️[emoji691][emoji692][emoji693][emoji694][emoji695][emoji696][emoji697][emoji698][emoji699]️

yeah lets speak squares

Spyce
08-04-2014, 05:45 PM
yeah lets speak squares

1 circle*

synfullmagic_23110
08-04-2014, 06:57 PM
1 circle*
'Leven otctigons *

Spyce
08-04-2014, 07:12 PM
'Leven otctigons *

L2Azn

synfullmagic_23110
08-04-2014, 07:13 PM
L2Azn
Tbh its 1trillion pixles

Spyce
08-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Tbh its 1trillion pixles

Rate: 0

synfullmagic_23110
08-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Rate: 0

Omgeeeeee meanie rate mens erdang tew meh :(

Spyce
08-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Omgeeeeee meanie rate mens erdang tew meh :(

Lms for my favorite picture of you

synfullmagic_23110
08-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Lms for my favorite picture of you

Tms*

Boiled_35
08-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Quit school and be a full-time Pocket Legends-er. You'll do grrreat! :)

Jk lel ily

Xxnavysealxx
08-05-2014, 03:40 AM
Burn don't follow this, obviously this person does not care about his future and is a very lazy person. This is not school advice, it is a collection of attempts to cheat your way out of life, which is impossible.

Not all schools are the same lol and yes you can cheat your way out of life it's called "suicide" so I don't know what you trying to point out and if my future does fail what's gonna stop me? I'll be inheriting the money my grandpa has left for me and my sister which is about 1.3m but will probably a bit lower cuz of taxes -.- I miss my grandpa now that I'm speaking of him... But ya thanks for worrying but I got a good future hopefully

iamthesurvivor
08-05-2014, 06:46 AM
Not all schools are the same lol and yes you can cheat your way out of life it's called "suicide" so I don't know what you trying to point out and if my future does fail what's gonna stop me? I'll be inheriting the money my grandpa has left for me and my sister which is about 1.3m but will probably a bit lower cuz of taxes -.- I miss my grandpa now that I'm speaking of him... But ya thanks for worrying but I got a good future hopefully

Not everyone has "1.3m" waiting for them as soon as they turn eligible. And if I were you I wouldn't be lousy even though I know my future is set up for me. There is no point in just lying around doing nothing.

Trenton
08-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Lol

Covert
08-05-2014, 10:02 AM

Lol

synfullmagic_23110
08-05-2014, 11:26 AM
i consider most of the players on this game older maturer and generally a smarter bunch of people...

my grades arent exactly what im looking for atm im trying my hardest and honestly stumped when it comes to getting grades up... im willing to spend the time and effort to do better but idk what to do

any help ill appreciate it

regards~burn

Just take selfies everywhere
You'll r set for life!

Laar
08-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Lol

Xxnavysealxx
08-06-2014, 01:11 AM
Lol

Lol

yasshh
08-06-2014, 03:45 AM

Lol

Burningdex
08-07-2014, 05:56 AM
navy ur tthe best advice ever tbh im gonna follow this and inherit 1.3m off my dad yey!

having fun irl atm hopefully asking girl out soon as well :) (hope so if i can catch her alone) not cheating my way out of life now gtfo of this thread :)

ktenksbai

@laar ill get on in 2 days? weekend yey

iceQueen69
08-07-2014, 06:11 AM
dude dont wait for her to be alone jsut man up!

i sincerely hope it goes well you u!

programmed
08-07-2014, 07:20 AM
navy ur tthe best advice ever tbh im gonna follow this and inherit 1.3m off my dad yey!

having fun irl atm hopefully asking girl out soon as well :) (hope so if i can catch her alone) not cheating my way out of life now gtfo of this thread :)

ktenksbai

@laar ill get on in 2 days? weekend yey

That's not possible for laar to get on, he quit yesterday and gave away his stuff.

Caiahar
08-07-2014, 12:06 PM

You remind me of those rich kids in high school that are in stories. Ones who skip classes, and wait till 18 so they can get money.
My school starts August 25th, its a new school for me, so I'm a bit nervous.

XghostzX
08-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Big fan of quizlet. We had a 350+ vocab/verb conjugation test and I studied for about an 1.-1.5 hours 3-4 days before hand. It was extremely helpful and convenient.

Quizlet is great for anything vocab related. This year I used it for Hon bio/spanish and AP Psych. Makes life a lot easier if you just put forth a little more effort.

Trenton
08-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Big fan of quizlet. We had a 350+ vocab/verb conjugation test and I study for about an 1.-1.5 hours 3-4 days before hand. It was extremely helpful and convenient.

Quizlet is great for anything vocab related. This year I used it for Hon bio/spanish and AP Psych. Makes life a lot easier if you just put forth a little more effort.
Yesyesyes

See Burn, many people have great experiences with Quizlet

Burningdex
08-08-2014, 12:33 AM
kay il try it ...

programmed
08-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Or do what I always would do and not study yet still somehow pass.

Burningdex
08-08-2014, 04:37 PM
my friend does that in maths >.> so annpying

programmed
08-08-2014, 05:05 PM
my friend does that in maths >.> so annpying

Hah, math was the class I needed to study but I still failed everything. When I study I fail and when I don't I pass. Lol.

Burningdex
08-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Hah, math was the class I needed to study but I still failed everything. When I study I fail and when I don't I pass. Lol.

exactly 12hours maths study, c+... and im an A student in maths lol...

PL•ayer
08-08-2014, 10:07 PM
I got a 65 on a math test that counted for 20% of final grade. U need above 85 average to get into the good math class. After the 65 my avg was 85.1

Win

Noodleleg
08-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Ew, don't do Quizlet. Find what works for you. I just do the homework I'm given and love learning for the sake of learning... That's how I managed to go about pulling APUSH, AP Bio, AP Lang, and AP Micro this semester. Whatever you do in life, put all the effort you can into it because sleep is overrated.

P.S.
I'm a rising junior if you were wondering.

XghostzX
08-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Ew, don't do Quizlet. Find what works for you. I just do the homework I'm given and love learning for the sake of learning... That's how I managed to go about pulling APUSH, AP Bio, AP Lang, and AP Micro this semester. Whatever you do in life, put all the effort you can into it because sleep is overrated.

P.S.
I'm a rising junior if you were wondering.

Burning is looking for viable options, I was just suggesting quizlet. He should at least give it a try!

Noodleleg
08-08-2014, 11:44 PM
Burning is looking for viable options, I was just suggesting quizlet. He should at least give it a try!

Merp, listen to Wildo. If you do use Quizlet, I would suggest you just search flashcards online, then. There are so many people out there (for example, Wildo) who've already made flashcards, so you might as well be more efficient by leeching off others. I know I sounded a bit pejorative there, but hey, efficiency is ftw ;D

AppleNoob
08-09-2014, 02:11 AM
Pay attention in class. It works for me, never needed to study :chuncky:

Laar
08-09-2014, 03:58 AM
Pay attention in class. It works for me, never needed to study :chuncky:
This. I ace every test without studying lelelelelel

synfullmagic_23110
08-09-2014, 04:42 AM
This. I ace every test without studying lelelelelel

Cuz u haz azn in your blud

Burningdex
08-09-2014, 04:54 AM
the sleep is overated made me laugh xD dont get me wrong, im not stupid by any means highest class for maths and 2nd highest for english and the rest (no hon etc here) but only reason im up there is studying and coffee

but really its a right pain in the bum, just need help on better ways to learn.

my gawd that came out spiteful im sorry :(

synfullmagic_23110
08-09-2014, 04:55 AM
the sleep is overated made me laugh xD dont get me wrong, im not stupid by any means highest class for maths and 2nd highest for english and the rest (no hon etc here) but only reason im up there is studying and coffee

but really its a right pain in the bum, just need help on better ways to learn.

my gawd that came out spiteful im sorry :(

Someone is messaging me....

Burningdex
08-09-2014, 06:08 AM
Someone is messaging me....

hmm?

synfullmagic_23110
08-10-2014, 05:56 PM

Thx to quizlet u found the answer to my hw ;D
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/ypa8uqaj.jpg

Burningdex
08-11-2014, 12:32 AM
Thx to quizlet u found the answer to my hw ;D
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/ypa8uqaj.jpg

haha u cut some of the screen off :3