PDA

View Full Version : You gonna hate this... But I think it's a great suggestion :)

ranonman
01-13-2011, 04:45 PM
I think this suggestion WILL encourage people to not die too much and focus on strategy and stay together as a group.

Every time you die in proper dungeons, you lose a fair amount of xp (like 5 or something).

I played in other MMORPG - they had like this... It's nice to keep yourself to not die too much.

What do you think? ;D

EDIT: If you gonna do this, you should enable lvl 50 xp on until it's at max - it's also good, too - too much deaths - lose a lot of xp, more work to get xp back.

Firepants
01-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Yea, I can see were newbs might use this, but when you level out the reason not to die is already there. You lose respect if you die too much, unless you are entertaining enough to keep around : ) Then everyone dies while laughing.

Pharcyde
01-13-2011, 05:31 PM
lol I am rusty, I die a lot now. Too much typing and running into aggro at the same time :P.

Kossi
01-13-2011, 05:35 PM
meh 5 xp...

go ahead

Arterra
01-13-2011, 05:49 PM
at least its not your gear like other suggestions... what about lvcap players? and do you ever drop down a level?

Kossi
01-13-2011, 05:50 PM
I think this suggestion WILL encourage people to not die too much and focus on strategy and stay together as a group.

Every time you die in proper dungeons, you lose a fair amount of xp (like 500 or something).

I played in other MMORPG - they had like this... It's nice to keep yourself to not die too much.

What do you think? ;D

EDIT: If you gonna do this, you should enable lvl 50 xp on until it's at max - it's also good, too - too much deaths - lose a lot of xp, more work to get xp back.

O. o

[Lt] Shiny
01-13-2011, 05:55 PM
THIS. IS. STUPID. I vote no. What if you suck balls at PvE? Then you'll be playing forever until you reach the level cap... -.-

Pharcyde
01-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Problem is we don't gain any exp at lvl 50. That means that every time a level 50 dies, he drops down to level 49 and all his gears come unequipped and what would happen to attributes and skills? Would they drop down every time to?

Cabero
01-13-2011, 06:00 PM
If you want more of a challenge leveling and want to focus on not dieing I suggest you try my guild out then!

Arterra
01-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Shiny;168440']THIS. IS. STUPID. I vote no. What if you suck balls at PvE? Then you'll be playing forever until you reach the level cap... -.-

lol more than half this game is PvE... honestly pvp is much harder, so there is no reason why somebody would not just LEARN and stop bum rushing into longsword knights in low levels...

KingFu
01-13-2011, 06:10 PM
No thank you. That means if you're on a twink, and die in pve, not much work to get back up to the next level, right? Well, then it'll unequip all your gear, and it just seems like it'll be a pain.

Arterra
01-13-2011, 06:13 PM
i think it would be good if you didnt end up going down a level. then it would just be quite annoying.

not sure what to implement instead of that, but yea.

Kujen
01-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Nah...any kind of death penalties would just make people hold back too much. Sure you think it might make people play smarter...but in reality you'll just get more bears that refuse to taunt, because they might get aggro and die...or mages who refuse to go in and rez someone because they might die in the process. Death penalties..and corpse runs..these kind of things are the most annoying parts of some other MMOs. This game is supposed to be more casual.

cuard
01-13-2011, 07:15 PM
if your 50 and u die u go back to 49 ?

ranonman
01-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Sorry, I typed this while I was in group - I'll explain more clearly. The idea of this is to prevent from people rush into a room and try do your thing but you eventually notice that others didn't come to you and will die. It's just to make a group to stay together. (Learning to not let other people die include yourself.) I (and other people if they are on same page as I am) don't want to feel the way like "oh I'm going to die, I'll get revive from mage or respawn and run back to the place where I died." With that thought, I don't get really excited. Get my draft?

It can be still casual. For the level cap, you are right, the exp stopped there. But, what if exp stops at level cap has disabled and let xp up to the maximum experience of level cap. If you don't do much exp while you are at full exp of level cap, it will go down. (Yes, it can go down a level or stop at 0/xxxx but still at maximum level.)

I had this experience in other MMORPG like Everquest. It is quite fun and challenge. There were several times I had moments where I had one level down. So, I went back to get more xp back.

Remember, this is just a suggestion and my thought. :)

Cabero
01-13-2011, 07:20 PM
You don't need the Devs to make the game more interesting that way. Just set your own personal goals and stick to it while leveling. Like I do and others I know. (yes in my guild lol)

If you want to reduce your chances of dieing just be more cautious how you play for instance when I level in my guild. I watch before I attack and see what the rest of the group is going to do. If I see they are going to much I just run away and let them die :)

Also if I see there is a complete idiot in the group I just leave and find a new group.

ranonman
01-13-2011, 07:30 PM
That is one of the approaches I did during the game. I always want to have good time when we are fighting. Unfortunately, there are other times where I feel like (why not?) join one of the public groups and see how we are doing. Yes, we ended up dying too much. It is either that they don't care to die too much, don't know how to work as a team, or a lousy leadership. With this suggestion, I believe that it MIGHT help them to realize "Ok, I gotta work with you guys!" Yes, No-death challenge or other ideas are one of the ways to keep yourself busy. I don't have a problem with that. I have other things to keep myself busy. Farming, Helping friends, etc.

StompArtist
01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
I think that there should be no changes upon individual deaths (mage can res anyways). My take on it is that the whole level should "reset" if at any moment the whole party dies (complete party wipe out). It would make things a bit more "stressful" and force players to improve.

KingFu
01-13-2011, 07:57 PM
if your 50 and u die u go back to 49 ?

I think he said that if you're at the cap is disables the xp reduction when you die.

Cabero
01-13-2011, 08:43 PM
I think that there should be no changes upon individual deaths (mage can res anyways). My take on it is that the whole level should "reset" if at any moment the whole party dies (complete party wipe out). It would make things a bit more "stressful" and force players to improve.

They could do like in wow you can't Rez in combat. There was only one class that could and it used to have a 20 min cool down to use it. If they did that people would think twice about dying.

Bigsleazy
01-13-2011, 08:44 PM
My deaths on grump doubled in shadow caves. That was punishment enough

BlasterBird
01-13-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm not much for the penalty of death, you get scared noobs who want you to take aggro so they don't lose xp. I myself have tried games where there are penalties on deaths, and MOST people don't like it. It's a pain if you lagg alot and it's not much fun for the person getting piled because everyone else is scared/ doesn't want to get any aggro.

9/10 I end up with aggro anyway, but with less fearful party members.

superglut2
01-14-2011, 03:11 AM
Death penalty would ruin this game since everyone would hold back and not fight

Zerious
01-14-2011, 11:56 AM
lol more than half this game is PvE... honestly pvp is much harder, so there is no reason why somebody would not just LEARN and stop bum rushing into longsword knights in low levels...

T'is th' truth what this Arterra one says