PDA

View Full Version : New Keeper's Set OR Full Shadow?

mitens
01-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Recently yesterday they made the old pieces have a set bonus. I remember having a keeper's staff and doing the most damage that I've done even with cyber or this shadow. So would using the new cosmos/keepers staff set be way higher on the dmg but i know it would lack on the armor but if your a full int mage whats that matter anyways...? The Keppers staff set now gives + 10 dmg but the shadow set has no bonus YET.
Any input will be appreciated, I will be checking this post hourly.

Kossi
01-13-2011, 07:12 PM
shadows .

ECHUSER
01-13-2011, 10:24 PM
both. i think full int mages should have both a wand and a staff. look at the group youre in and the level you're playing and adjust accordingly. use staff for clearing (assuming theres another mage to rev you) and the wand for bosses. keeper staff bonus is def better then mirage staff.

Zerious
01-13-2011, 11:31 PM
usually staff means less armor and less bonuses... I feel naked if i use a staff... gotta have my off hand.... <<<<<< Which sounds wrong

mitens
01-16-2011, 09:45 PM
I just got the full set and WOW the damage is wayyy higher but the armor and regen is much less. BUT wow i went up by a ton in dmg. So basically what Echuser said is pretty on point. I got both sets with my always!

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 03:22 PM
I haven't gotten the new set yet, but my thoughts on it is:

I never use wand/eye in pvp or pve because it crushes damage too much. I always use keeper for that. So personally, if you can cast fast enough, id go with cosmos/keeper. It will save you in PvE and PvP from wasting all your mana and killing faster.

Oh by the way, Armor means nothing really now. Ao3 is now easy even with keeper and elite is still 1 hit kill buffed and potted.

P.S. I also don't know how big of a difference there is between hit chance and criticals of the two sets. That might be enough to keep using shadow.