PDA

View Full Version : Buying gold and potions for platinum is a waste.

Armourslash
07-28-2014, 02:54 PM
Potions and gold can be made easier, potions by buying them from ellie the enchantress in forest haven and gold by money making, they allowed you to buy them with platinum just for your money.

Boiled_35
07-28-2014, 03:03 PM
You do know that they sell pots for gold too right?... >.<

Motivating
07-28-2014, 03:17 PM
lol @ this

Boiled_35
07-28-2014, 06:20 PM
lol @ this
Yus lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheugokin
07-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Or you can cleverly store potions.

Laar
07-28-2014, 07:02 PM
I have about 10k potions from farming them lol

Schnitzel
07-28-2014, 10:52 PM
I just buy a lot from the potions vender in my guild's guild hall

then later just give to people (when I want to)

XghostzX
07-28-2014, 11:18 PM
I just buy a lot from the potions vender in my guild's guild hall

then later just give to people (when I want to)

Do you say: From my guild's guild hall, or just my guild hall?

If you want hot chocolate to be especially hotter, do you ask for hot hot chocolate?

If you want to watch a T.V. show on comcast demand, do you watch it on demand? Or on on demand?

DocDoBig
07-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Back then when they were introduced people bought them because I can imagine that not everything costed 1337billion gold right from 2010 the beginning of the game

Armourslash
07-29-2014, 02:22 AM
You do know that they sell pots for gold too right?... >.<
Thats what I said...

Wizard Ralph
07-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Back then when they were introduced people bought them because I can imagine that not everything costed 1337billion gold right from 2010 the beginning of the game

Actually, the whole Potions for Platinum option was not introduced until pretty late into the game (56 or 61 cap I believe). Around that time, potions were cheap enough/easily farmed that no one really used the Platinum option at all. Even way before that, when Potions were valuable enough, near the start of the game, players often made level 1 characters just to go to Stash and abuse the free starting out Potions amount. That was why they eventually added a disabled stash/CS option until level 10, which was later, after many adjustments, finally set to level 4.

If you meant the Gold for Platinum deals by Tori the Teller, then you are probably correct. Caps before Sewers involved a huge separation from the wealthy and the poor. It's possible that several select CS merchants probably held over 75% of the wealth around that time. I also used to hear some talk about a great "boost" in total gold that circulated the game because a certain character bought a lot of Tori's Platinum gold or something at one time. There are also theories about developers disguised as players that would simply generate gold and buy overpriced items from CS in order to inflate prices and insert more currency into the economy.

Chopper
07-29-2014, 04:27 PM
I can't imagine anyone buying potions with plat!

I cant even recall if ive ever bought potions for gold. Just empty your pots and go to an easy level and presto, instant 25 each! Fill up your stash and you have 10k each potion. It takes time but since they are free and automatic when you do ruins, it's no big deal. Anytime i am back at CS, i empty my potions out and farm 25 each again. I never need more than 1-2 on any run anyway.

Laar
07-29-2014, 04:41 PM

Actually, the whole Potions for Platinum option was not introduced until pretty late into the game (56 or 61 cap I believe). Around that time, potions were cheap enough/easily farmed that no one really used the Platinum option at all. Even way before that, when Potions were valuable enough, near the start of the game, players often made level 1 characters just to go to Stash and abuse the free starting out Potions amount. That was why they eventually added a disabled stash/CS option until level 10, which was later, after many adjustments, finally set to level 4.

If you meant the Gold for Platinum deals by Tori the Teller, then you are probably correct. Caps before Sewers involved a huge separation from the wealthy and the poor. It's possible that several select CS merchants probably held over 75% of the wealth around that time. I also used to hear some talk about a great "boost" in total gold that circulated the game because a certain character bought a lot of Tori's Platinum gold or something at one time. There are also theories about developers disguised as players that would simply generate gold and buy overpriced items from CS in order to inflate prices and insert more currency into the economy.
Lol a legit reply

DocDoBig
07-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Just made 3 new 11 bars ppl