View Full Version : Something to Spice up Guild life.

Quientar
07-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Why not do a guild based event instead of a solo event (ursoth's was a solo event as it was every person for themselves, individual rankings).

As far as i can see, guilds only serve a couple minor functions - cheap pots, gathering of friends/like-
minded people. I dont know how much guilds factor into pvp stuff tho.

So why not make guilds take a more important role for a bit at least.

Ideas:

Do a special section of the world map similar to what is done for elites, but set it for the event (you, sts would not have to create new maps as would have the whole world to choose from, lol)

Could be a quest based event - since this would be a guild based event, put the quest "vendor" in the guildhalls. Receiving a quest from the quest vendor would still cost energy, but would go into your questlog for completion as you found the boss or item or whatever.

Could still do other random event-based quests with random event-based loot instead of lb rewards and such

There is also the option of throwing non-point quests in for specific items to help with the event, but again, these quests would cost energy to obtain. (see helpful event items below)

Once event starts, can do a couple things regarding guild size and such. (see points below)
1) Can leave and join a new guild once per day maximum, with points earned in a guild staying with that guild (effectively resetting your point total to 0 from the day and time of your new guild join)
2) Need to establish a set time each day when guild ratio is adjusted based on guild size (affecting points from event quests is figured based on guild size) (see points below, again)

As to the maps and the event world map:

You would only be able to go here with a party from your own guild. The first person in a party that went to an event map would set the guild restriction for that specific map instance.

The quest targets (i.e. bosses) would spawn randomly within a set series of maps (think bael II - spawned between 3(?) different spawn spots in 3 different maps), but not as rare of a spawn as bael II.

Event bosses would only spawn in the event maps, not the normal world maps. (or could do in the normal world maps)

Event bosses maybe(?) spawn in elite maps with +50% points for an elite map version??? with seperate point totals for elite and non-elite???

Bosses:

Make the bosses tough enough to be very hard to solo, easier with good group of players

More than 4 bosses...gets boring with fighting the same ones over and over.

Each guild would be ranked on the lb's, not individuals, so it would be a whole guild effort (but yes, probably with certain people leading the guild charge ahead.

Points could be awarded for each boss defeated (as was done in ursoth), but with diminishing rewards for doing a specific boss repeatedly. For instance, if roughly if more than 30% of your pts come from bossA, than BossA point value drops by 2%. If more than 45% of your points from BossA, then point value drops by 5%. etc.

Points would accumulate for the entire guild, not as an individual. Although you should do individual rankings within the guild as well (see prizes below)

If your concerned about large guilds overpowering small guilds with points, then can do a couple things:
1) limit the number of times a point quest can be attempted each day (probably not a good idea tho, imo)
2) adjust the points awarded by the number of guild members (example...guild with 10 members gets points divided by 10; guild with 50 members gets points divided by 50. Probably not the best way to do it, but gets my point across hopefully). This gives all guilds a roughly equal chance instead of favoring the huge guilds

Prizes:

The top 5 (?) guilds would receive prizes.

Everyone in the guilds who contributed at least one point would get a banner vanity. Maybe a full vanity set for top three guilds as well.

Each guild in the top 5(?) would receive other prizes as well as a set package to be divided up by individual contributions to the guild ranking (left up to dev's imagination, lol)

Helpful event-items:

Could do non-point quests to get items to craft specific event items - such as:
Event Occurance Amulet (similar to lep, but affects event boss spawn rates instead of loot drop rates)
Elixirs to boost event boss point rewards?
Gems (as noted in the suggested gem thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?165890-New-Gem-Idea ) or other specific gems tbd
Items that have skills imbued in them. introduce new skills to the world, useable just like any other skill, but only while you have the item equipped. (then throw in upgrade gems that provide new upgrades to those item skills)

Story/Background ideas:

The gates to another dimension have opened. Creatures never seen before by any living being, strange and weird, have appeared causing mayhem and panic in the populace. There have been reports of creatures changing form, size and shape while being dealt with. The Arlornian Government (aka: Devs) have called upon the guilds of Arlor to intervene.

This could lead to Morphing bosses. Like BossA can randomly have 4 of 7 abilities, decided at spawn time. Also, can have the added benefit/drawback of if a boss fight goes on for x amount of time, the boss could morph again, changing its abilities just like at spawn time.

Morph ability ideas:

immune to certain weapon types (gun, dagger, etc) (chars would need to have both types for their class). would have to make sure that only 1 type of weapon type for each class was on that list or could be chosen randomly

Stat boosts. bosses would have set stats, then could get boosts to those stats

Random selection of abilities/skills (would be required to have at least one)

etc...effectively endless

Constructive/Good ideas (as agreed on by the community) will be incorporated into the above, and changes can be made.

Help make this work so guilds do more other than effectively cheap potion vendors.

fiftyonecents
07-28-2014, 06:40 PM
I am interested in Guild involved events... not sure how well it would work out. I wanna wait to see some responses and feedback. I think you are onto something.

Quientar
07-28-2014, 06:44 PM
thx. looking for ways to improve and refine it too, so toss them crazy ideas out there.

octavos
07-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Love the Ideas..want to hear of what people have to say about this :)

RoM peeps always come up with the best ideas...mwahahahaha

Syberg
07-29-2014, 09:29 AM
Its good idea!
But with those "dividing points for each guild member" you make guilds with less peoples op :-)
There would be alot of peoples who would create guild and dont invite anyone (because points wont be divided in this way).
Well I think devs would think of something :P
+1 for idea!

Quientar
07-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Like I said the dividing points is an idea to balance the points by number of people in the guild.

If there are 5 people in the guild, they can (for example) achieve 100 points a day each (just picking an easy number) for a total of 500 points per day for the guild. (Assuming all guild members run the same number of bosses)

If there are 25 people in a guild (aand assuming the same amount of runs and such) that again is 100 points per person for a total of 2500 per day.

It's obvious who wins there, the guilds with the most people doing the event runs.

Now by dividing the total points earned by number of guild members we get the following...

5 person guild, same runs as above (divided by number of guild members) is 100 points earned per day (100 pts x 5 members = 500 / 5 = 100)
2 person guild, same runs as above (divided by number of guild members) is also 100 points earned per day (100 pts x 25 members = 2500 / 25 = 100)

Evens it out and doesn't favor small or large guilds where all are active. Of course needs some tweaks for it...but that's my idea behind it.

Edit...just a thought, maybe instead of dividing by total number of guild members, instead divide by total number guild members who have earned event points (would keep it to active members).
Also, the guild event quests could only be completed by people in the same guild...so a 1 person guild would be doing all their runs solo.

Syberg
07-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Like I said the dividing points is an idea to balance the points by number of people in the guild.

If there are 5 people in the guild, they can (for example) achieve 100 points a day each (just picking an easy number) for a total of 500 points per day for the guild. (Assuming all guild members run the same number of bosses)

If there are 25 people in a guild (aand assuming the same amount of runs and such) that again is 100 points per person for a total of 2500 per day.

It's obvious who wins there, the guilds with the most people doing the event runs.

Now by dividing the total points earned by number of guild members we get the following...

5 person guild, same runs as above (divided by number of guild members) is 100 points earned per day (100 pts x 5 members = 500 / 5 = 100)
2 person guild, same runs as above (divided by number of guild members) is also 100 points earned per day (100 pts x 25 members = 2500 / 25 = 100)

Evens it out and doesn't favor small or large guilds where all are active. Of course needs some tweaks for it...but that's my idea behind it.

Edit...just a thought, maybe instead of dividing by total number of guild members, instead divide by total number guild members who have earned event points (would keep it to active members)
I mean, if there are person who gets 20,000 points a day and creates his own guild, dont invite anyone etc.
His guild gets more poins than the one with 100 peoples who can get only100 points a day as maximum.

Quientar
07-29-2014, 10:36 AM
So what other ideas do you have to balance out for guild size? Ignoring how active a specific player is...just number of people in a guild?