PDA

View Full Version : officers demote recruiters?

Boltmage
07-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Recently in our guild there was a case of a known scammer 'who was removed for taking advantage of our trusting guild' was reinvited multiple times and the gm was not online. We have quite a large guild 1k+ so couldnt tell who was inviting him. We have a lot of loyal and genuine recruiters so booting all would have been disastrous. we had to wait for gm to come back and demote all but most trusted recruiters to resolve this issue. Anyone thinks this would be a good or bad idea please leave your reasons or alternate methods of dealing with this thanks

Xeusx
07-29-2014, 02:18 AM
Announce the problem in guild chat so everyone will aware about the problem, the reason is everyone will invite him always if you don't announced the problem.

Eski
07-29-2014, 02:33 AM
Hvh had that prob too we have kicked the person like 50 times .. till he was getting tired

Boltmage
07-29-2014, 03:06 AM
Announce the problem in guild chat so everyone will aware about the problem, the reason is everyone will invite him always if you don't announced the problem.
it was announced and many warnings sent out. it was a case of a bad recruiter colluding with the scammer.

Xeusx
07-29-2014, 03:24 AM
it was announced and many warnings sent out. it was a case of a bad recruiter colluding with the scammer.
Then tell him to not invite that scammer..

Boltmage
07-29-2014, 03:24 AM
that is what we did.. he was working with the scammer -_-

Ennex
07-29-2014, 03:37 AM
just implement the notice board thingie in each guild hall and the problem is kinda solved...

IGN: Passcode(W), Iimits(R), Rubrix(M)

Xeusx
07-29-2014, 03:49 AM
that is what we did.. he was working with the scammer -_-
Then kick him or if you don't know a recruiter who work with the scammer, investigate all recruiters.

Vls
07-29-2014, 04:27 AM
Officers demote Recruiters? In my opnion it's not very good idea :-) I'd like to see something like Guild Blacklist in AL, so players from this list can't join the guild even when they receive invitations ;)

Ennex
07-29-2014, 04:39 AM
Officers demote Recruiters? In my opnion it's not very good idea :-) I'd like to see something like Guild Blacklist in AL, so players from this list can't join the guild even when they receive invitations ;)
+1 :D

IGN: Passcode(W), Iimits(R), Rubrix(M)

Dex Scene
07-29-2014, 04:41 AM
Its a very common problem of a large guild

Boltmage
07-29-2014, 05:33 AM

I agree completely.. was unsure myself about allowing officers to demote but couldn't think of a viable alternative! A blacklist needs to be implemented. +10 :)

Milan Lame Man
07-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Recently in our guild there was a case of a known scammer 'who was removed for taking advantage of our trusting guild' was reinvited multiple times
Umm wait so the scammer was only a member status, correct?
What harm can he do? Sit in a city and shout "My guild sucks!" ? Nobody would care, it's too obvious.
Tell your other members not to trust anyone, whether in a large guild or not. My friend was scammed by his own GM.

Boltmage
07-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Umm wait so the scammer was only a member status, correct?
What harm can he do? Sit in a city and shout "My guild sucks!" ? Nobody would care, it's too obvious.
Tell your other members not to trust anyone, whether in a large guild or not. My friend was scammed by his own GM.

Tbh I have no idea how shouting my guild sucks is misconstrued as a scam... no.. we help out weaker members with items, gold etc and also many of our players loan out thing such as leprechaun amulets (people who can afford to do so) and this individual would 'borrow' something and make llimitless excuses as to why they could not be returned eventually resulting in his removal.. however as we are quite a large guild all our members couldnt be on at the same time to know this person was kicked for not returning items so he managed to get away with a lot more than a usual cheat would have due to the recruiter inviting back when lots offline. also keeping quiet in gc and pm'ing naive ppl instead.
The issue was eventually resolved andI im not asking for help in dealing with this particular case.. just if something could be implemented to stop these things from happening in the future! Thanks for your input however telling guild members to simply 'not trust people' is not what we are about.

Milan Lame Man
07-29-2014, 11:50 AM
we help out weaker members with items, gold etc
and this individual would 'borrow' something
all our members couldnt be on at the same time to know this person was kicked for not returning items
also keeping quiet in gc and pm'ing naive ppl instead.
So a quiet member PMs another member and they lend them a Lepre, just like that? No questions asked in GC or to officers? Now that's awesome. Good luck with that!

Anyway item lending is technically not quite possible, at least not without introducing even more scams.
Guild ignore list and Message of the day have been suggested a few times, with no results.
Reputation system is not going to be implemented either.
I'm not aware of any other possible solution to scams.

So back to square one: don't lend if you don't trust; or be prepared to lose the item.

Frohnatur
07-29-2014, 09:34 PM
when we had the same problem, I just simply demoted all recruiters. Explained why in guild chat. Waited a day. Then promoted them back, slowly, one by one.

Was a harsh step, but the troll-inviting stopped, because the recruiters where aware that I would go that far as to demote them all.

Vls
08-02-2014, 01:21 PM
I agree completely.. was unsure myself about allowing officers to demote but couldn't think of a viable alternative! A blacklist needs to be implemented. +10 :)
Thanks^^

The idea came when I was viewing Social page and noted that Friends list and Guild Members list are the same, but there's no smth like Ignore list in guild section.

It looks like every guild has its own blacklist at it's forum, but it must appear "technically", I mean in the game ;)

Visiting
08-02-2014, 05:53 PM
I agree that maybe a GM should have an option to give certain/all Officers the power to demote Recruiters. However, IMO the Blacklist idea would be to easy to exploit, I mean giving all players the right to make sure people can't join a guild??

Frohnatur
08-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Here's my suggestion: give the officers to demote recruiters and then further more to demote members to 'noooob'-status with muted guild chat for this status. Take away the kick option for officers to prevent gone-rogue officers to destroy a guild by kicking all members.

Its also far more effective since the muted and noobed members will behave the next time instead just changing guild and go on in the same way. There would be a learning curve this way.

When recruiters go drama in the guild chat I simply demote them. It works Oh-So-Well!

Memnoch The Devil
08-03-2014, 11:09 AM
i think that officers should get the power to promote or demote someone.... at the end of the day the gm gave him trust by making him an officer, that means he trust his decision... sts should just add this power to officers... and when ppl are kicked from the guild they should not be able to rejojn a guild for a few hours or days

Vls
08-20-2014, 07:03 AM
Officers must control the situation on guildchat, so they will be useless if they can't kick members, like Frohnatur said. For example, someone is killing guildies in PvP, using his guild title, and no one can kick him, the Master is offline...

But I like suggestion with 'Nooob' rank in guild XDXD

Dex Scene
08-21-2014, 06:15 AM
Then kick him or if you don't know a recruiter who work with the scammer, investigate all recruiters.
It's hard to do specially in guilds with like 5-7k members. And they can't really investigate 100s of recruiters. All gonna say they are innocent anyway!!
Had this issue alot in my last guild aswel.

Dex Scene
08-21-2014, 06:16 AM
Oh its an old thread