PDA

View Full Version : My Shadow Cave feedback.

Ellyidol
01-13-2011, 09:15 PM
So a few friends and I just came back from doing the campaign. Well we started from Map 3 since we found an empty game and got everyone together.

IT WAS THE BEST FUN I'VE HAD IN AGES. Especially since the new update with all the multi-boss rooms! I haven't had that much fun with friends since Ao3 was out and farming groups were made.

No good drops sadly, which brings me to my other feedback:

I got 2 pinks, Alien Staff of Fate from Witch, and Unblinking Eye of Fate from Anubis. Kinda silly how those pinks exist in the elite dungeon no? Got really excited as we thought we saw "Hate" instead of "Fate" (LOL Range). Same thing with the Eye.

Also funny how range mentioned that the D'jinns actually give better loot than the boss themselves. Actually, tee got the best drop that run from a D'jinn, a bow. I'm not sure how rare the pinks are now, but after several bosses and not one of us got one, safe to say it is kinda rare indeed.

Next, I also noticed how quick Demon and Prince's shields go up. Very quick IMO, we were lucky we had 2 birds to keep the shield off most of the time. It was good actually, just found it different as compared to shield frequency of OL/Keeper.

My final note, its a gold sink now more than ever. We had two choices, go on without elixirs and use up time, or save time by using elixirs. The time without elixirs just isn't worth it so we were potting up most the time especially in clearing, just really expensive especially if you do the entire campaign yet the trash mobs don't really reward us back. I was thinking maybe a gold map in that map series, or another map like the nerfed Keeper map to farm gold on (not too much again though).

But other than that, I LOVE IT. We now have our favourite maps :)

Thanks to Bearded, Tee, Chant, and Range for the awesome awesome group!

Thank you devs for the quick action and better choices. :)

EDIT: My bad, wrong section. Thought I was on Suggestions and Feedback.

Pharcyde
01-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Okay ummm... This dungeon now sounds AMAZING! I can actually see myself farming it now that its got some tactically challenging aspects to it now. DO NOT CHANGE IT PLEASE CINCO. Tomorrow is last day of finals so I can finally get on and try the dungeon out after all the nerfs/updates.

Ellyidol
01-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Okay ummm... This dungeon now sounds AMAZING! I can actually see myself farming it now that its got some tactically challenging aspects to it now. DO NOT CHANGE IT PLEASE CINCO. Tomorrow is last day of finals so I can finally get on and try the dungeon out after all the nerfs/updates.

It really is IMO. Especially if you have a good group of friends. We had 2 bears 1 pally and 2 birds, clearing was a breeze when done right and the boss fights were extremely fun. Even if I was getting one shotted on my bird, first time in awhile I've actually typed RUNNNNNN! Lol

ECHUSER
01-13-2011, 10:06 PM
I was thinking maybe a gold map in that map series, or another map like the nerfed Keeper map to farm gold on (not too much again though).

gold map would be awesome to recoup some of the expenses incurred due to farming shadow.

Ellyidol
01-13-2011, 10:10 PM
gold map would be awesome to recoup some of the expenses incurred due to farming shadow.

They could make it really boring/hard too to discourage all players from just farming gold instead :P

icantgetkills
01-13-2011, 10:10 PM
good that they nerfed the drops but they should drop purple and pinks same drop rate as ao3 IMO and no fate fortune and destiny i hate those items SO MUCH its either a good pink or no pink...

giayuan
01-13-2011, 10:56 PM
good that they nerfed the drops but they should drop purple and pinks same drop rate as ao3 IMO and no fate fortune and destiny i hate those items SO MUCH its either a good pink or no pink...

Weep weep... Limbchopper is pwnage though...lol..

Lesrider
01-14-2011, 12:07 AM
So is this what people are doing -- joining abandoned shadow caves games? I have no intention of putting in another 3-4 hrs to go trough the dungeon in one sitting.
Devs, perhaps you can decide how you want this to work? If you're going to let people just join open games on any level, then maybe you should just let us host a game at any level.

Ellyidol
01-14-2011, 12:16 AM
So is this what people are doing -- joining abandoned shadow caves games? I have no intention of putting in another 3-4 hrs to go trough the dungeon in one sitting.
Devs, perhaps you can decide how you want this to work? If you're going to let people just join open games on any level, then maybe you should just let us host a game at any level.

Until they fix the issue of a portal just being there in VL, shadow games will always be there. So many games with any of the levels are on at the same time, by the same guy, whoever that is.

And it didn't take us 3-4 hours really, and I don't think it will. Assuming your playing with friends and they all know what they're doing, the players I had were luckily, very good. I'd give half an hour for VL finding portal, and maybe another half an hour to 45 minutes to actually doing the caves. This is just based on the rate we were going.

Lesrider
01-14-2011, 12:19 AM
Until they fix the issue of a portal just being there in VL, shadow games will always be there. So many games with any of the levels are on at the same time, by the same guy, whoever that is.

Ah so that's what's happening? The portal is opened and then others go in before the VL game closes?

Ellyidol
01-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Ah so that's what's happening? The portal is opened and then others go in before the VL game closes?

Yeah, I forgot the names really, but when I click on Join Game, theres a guy with like 4-5 games on different levels. Idk how he does it, or how many devices he's using, but there's always one player in them keeping it open. So you just enter, go to next level, and whether or not its a new game/occupied one, you get in free.

Lesrider
01-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Hmm seems like that needs to be fixed. If not, might as well just let us host our own games.

Pharcyde
01-14-2011, 12:45 AM
They should have it so the portal only stays open for like 2 minutes. I saw a VL game stay open for over an hour because people kept using it to get to Shadow Cave.