PDA

View Full Version : Chat filter o.0

Boltmage
07-29-2014, 10:39 AM
I was just about to comment on the previous closed thread .. So sts did u ever think of looking what slag meant in England before naming a mythic pet after it? Saying that could quite easily earn you a night in police custody.. or a slap in the face at the very least! p.s please dont close threads simply because you made an error.. chat is the main reason ppl even play this game nowadays.

Candylicks
07-29-2014, 10:48 AM
The chat filter is over the top. Really. Sts should spend their time on giving us new content not muting us for acronyms of bad words, which anyone over the age of 13 is aware of anyways. It's ridiculous.

Pandamoni
07-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Lol I've thought the same about slag. I always was curious if it was the devs being cheeky or if they were truly ignorant to its meaning.

I'm curious if apple or some other powers that be came down on STG for not having a strong enough censor for a game approved for youth or If there is some moral police new staff member who has gotten a bug up his/her butt about the language (oh noes) people are using in the game.

Regardless, it is really weird to me how so many decisions are so arbitrary. It's almost like being at the annoying neighbor kid's house who keeps changing the rules in the game you guys have agreed upon and then says "oh well, go home if you don't like it" when you gripe.

Sorcerie
07-29-2014, 10:56 AM
ya, i gotta say the chat filter is OOC.

I mean c'mon, many of us are adults here and we use our sailor mouths in a discrete and responsible fashion.

No need to make this rated for 9 yr olds.

Pandamoni
07-29-2014, 10:57 AM
ya, i gotta say the chat filter is OOC.

I mean c'mon, many of us are adults here and we use our sailor mouths in a discrete and responsible fashion.

No need to make this rated for 9 yr olds.

This. I am careful to not curse to or around the kids. Ask parth. I don't think I even said "the a word" around him until he was 18 lol

Bless
07-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Sad.

Make this game rated 15.

Sorcerie
07-29-2014, 11:01 AM
I love how one of the mods closed the thread and told us to play another game. lolwut

Pandamoni
07-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Maybe STG was bought by fundies?

Seoratrek
07-29-2014, 11:06 AM
I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but I'm going to quote myself from a similar thread:

Hi again,

Like I have said in other threads, if you think it is bad, don't say it. There are always better synonyms to get the idea across in a more appropriate manner. If you are wanting to use mature language however, Dark Legends might be a better venue for you.

Thanks for your understanding!