PDA

View Full Version : How many times you got muted in the last 24 hrs?

Titanium
07-29-2014, 03:01 PM
5th times over here !

I guess tomorrow I will have a 24hr break of the game to reflect what went wrong today

Beuefres
07-29-2014, 03:02 PM
Not even once! xD

Titanium
07-29-2014, 03:04 PM
The new filter chat has lethal pools like SnS

ClumsyCactus
07-29-2014, 03:09 PM
I feel it,banned too... Although, on a positive note, i got guided to Dark legends by a mod, and Swore my ash (can u say that in mute legends?) off. And then i actually played DL,and decided that it is atleast as good as AL and i will from today actually play DL too. Thanks for the tips ;)

Also, since my mail is banned, i cant use it for my DL acc. Wich is strange, because i violated a rule that does not Apply in DL, and should therefore not have a ban in DL :/

Beuefres
07-29-2014, 03:09 PM
I heard....many of my friends got muted too....I think it's because I haven't been active much so I didn't get muted >.>

FadedTemptation
07-29-2014, 03:17 PM
I got muted 4 times in pvp when people ganged me I said fk you and got muted now I'm keeping all chat PG 13 lmao

obee
07-29-2014, 03:17 PM
13 times and sts is gonna lock this thread -.- like they have locked the others

obee
07-29-2014, 03:23 PM
This is over the top lol. If u are 13+ like u are supposed to be playing AL, you should've heard a cuss word by now. And if the majority of players are teens and adults, what is the point of muting? And no I am not playing dark legends.

Covert
07-29-2014, 03:27 PM
This is over the top lol. If u are 13+ like u are supposed to be playing AL, you should've heard a cuss word by now. And if the majority of players are teens and adults, what is the point of muting? And no I am not playing dark legends.

Back when mutes were brought to pl "bugger" was a cuss word :D

Titanium
07-29-2014, 03:35 PM
Thew new filter chat is the last problem that STS must think about. Are other things that must be updated in this game... Mythic rings / pendants / Helm / Armor.

matanofx
07-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Basically they try to clean up chat due to a massive amount of complaints and reports about language inside and outside pvp

I dont know if getting muted for saying fck will lead to better behavior.

I believe what they should do is take the time to check chat logs of people being reported not for using a cuss word but for constant chat abusing other people or saying inappropriate things in terms of loop holes that chat mute will never find cause its not AI.

I dont mind seeing someone type "the fck is everyone?" but i do mind someone talking about other peoples mothers and such immature style lango.

Legallyblonde
07-29-2014, 03:59 PM
I was muted once cause I misspelled as ;-;

ClumsyCactus
07-29-2014, 04:02 PM
Basically they try to clean up chat due to a massive amount of complaints and reports about language inside and outside pvp

I dont know if getting muted for saying fck will lead to better behavior.

I believe what they should do is take the time to check chat logs of people being reported not for using a cuss word but for constant chat abusing other people or saying inappropriate things in terms of loop holes that chat mute will never find cause its not AI.

I dont mind seeing someone type "the fck is everyone?" but i do mind someone talking about other peoples mothers and such immature style lango.

This, the thing i most often get muted for is saying stuff like "yeah, chocolate is da sht!" Or something like that. Also, if you do not swear in towns Where everyone can hear you, it does not really matter? (Translation:im just mad that i cant play)

Atten
07-29-2014, 04:14 PM
I got muted 11 timed and didn't get banned! Lol. The words bich, fck, fk, azz, b00b are now mutable. These ones are the ones I know.

I was talking about JFK airport and got banned because I mistakly wrote J FK.

Jurmans
07-29-2014, 04:16 PM
I got muted 11 timed and didn't get banned! Lol. The words bich, fck, fk, azz, b00b are now mutable. These ones are the ones I know.

U might get later maybe???

Boltmage
07-29-2014, 04:28 PM
I've just stopped trying to speak altogether.. now Al is officially pointless. Also mods sorry to say my bank card is muted indefinitely.
#NochatNoplat

Ihateppl
07-29-2014, 04:43 PM
maybe sts should make a "junior dev team" players that report inappropriate behavior straight to devs who can't always be in the game.

ChillyPepper
07-29-2014, 04:53 PM
I've just stopped trying to speak altogether.. now Al is officially pointless. Also mods sorry to say my bank card is muted indefinitely.
#NochatNoplat
Lol Bolteeeyyy :D

grzena1982
07-29-2014, 05:08 PM
The muting thing implemented in the game serves no purpose other than constantly annoy players. The words which are blacklisted are nowhere to be found for players to get some sort of general idea on what devs had in mind while creating them. Once ur muted without any valid reason u have no idea what word could triggered it. No message pops-up letting u know that this specific word is not allowed and any further use may lead to the time ban. So, no feedback there.

They could literally change swear words into '***', and there u go problem solved. Instead they have come up with ****.

See above devs, miraculously my solution works.

Today i got muted for saying, 'he kicked my ***'. How '***' is an inapropriate word? Its a part of if human body. The same goes for 'black', if i was to say i have bought black shoes, i get muted.

Utterly ridiculous!

Rare
07-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Wait wait wait. The color "black" is banned??? Please tell me this isnt true? If it is, someone's role as censorer should be reconsidered

Serancha
07-29-2014, 05:47 PM
This is totally outrageous and appalling. You must be over 13 to play this game.

I understand no swearing, which is cool, but this is beyond extreme. It's taking away a basic right to speech, which I believe in the United States is against the law. This is not kindergarten or grade 1 detention. These are working adults with jobs and families. Now we can't even mention the COLOR black? We can't string 2 letters together without being muted because it might resemble a shortened form of a bad word? We're being forced to change our ENTIRE speech methods or else we get banned? I swear less than most people and even I find this totally intolerable. Not just that, it's disrespectful to your paying customers.

STS you have NO RIGHT to censor us to this extent.

Sdbigdaddy
07-29-2014, 05:55 PM
it would be neat if there was a button under settings to filter language or not. I think this already exists. if you click to not filter the language, you are free to read all the filth and "yo mamas" as you can take. :)

Covert
07-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Lol @ black being mutable , seriously sts take out the ability to chat in game already

Oh wait

nelson131
07-29-2014, 05:56 PM
not even once. i dont talk on my twink
but black mutable? then why not yellow? white?
and why is ***ault muted? lol

Serancha
07-29-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm more offended by this rate of censorship than I would be about any amount of bad language. And SGbigdaddy has a point. There is a chat filter that is optional. Why does this even exist when you get muted for saying anything at all?

Sirghastly
07-29-2014, 06:06 PM
Mmm i speak spanish but i got muted just for said this sopita.
Sopita=soup
I just have to say lol

hakoom7
07-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Im getting muted 3 times per day, cant get used the new filter

But meh ...

ClumsyCactus
07-29-2014, 06:09 PM
This is totally outrageous and appalling. You must be over 13 to play this game.

I understand no swearing, which is cool, but this is beyond extreme. It's taking away a basic right to speech, which I believe in the United States is against the law. This is not kindergarten or grade 1 detention. These are working adults with jobs and families. Now we can't even mention the COLOR black? We can't string 2 letters together without being muted because it might resemble a shortened form of a bad word? We're being forced to change our ENTIRE speech methods or else we get banned? I swear less than most people and even I find this totally intolerable. Not just that, it's disrespectful to your paying customers.

STS you have NO RIGHT to censor us to this extent.
Sometimes (actually most of the time) you are so extremely intelligent, that was one of the best written posts i have seen on the forums since i joined.

Pandamoni
07-29-2014, 06:21 PM
#NochatNoplat

I won't even do free offers, as they get $$$ from that, too.

I'll be over in OAC having my curse words *%&% out but at least able to still communicate with my team. Funny thing, in Order and Chaos you can say f&$^ing (the real word) but you can't say hung or bite. But, the difference is, I don't get muted.

I work with teens. I have to be the disciplinarian. I don't value, nor appreciate any "lesson" a restrictive chat filter can deliver. The only thing it does is cause frustration and encourages people to make up more words that can be muted.

Between this and the stealth muting of banned words where the people you're talking to just don't see your tell at all, but you DO see it, so you think they heard you, you think they're ignoring you or they only get a portion of what you're trying to say and I have to say that AL has lost all appeal. Very depressing, to say the least.

Xpolosion
07-29-2014, 06:31 PM
If you say girlfriend the other player will not see what you wrote

Rare
07-29-2014, 06:35 PM
If you say girlfriend the other player will not see what you wrote

There are actually a number of words like this. I can understand it from a scamming standpoint. But really? Boyfriend and girlfriend??

Serancha
07-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Mmm i speak spanish but i got muted just for said this sopita.
Sopita=soup
I just have to say lol

That's not even similar to any word in English.

There are actually a number of words like this. I can understand it from a scamming standpoint. But really? Boyfriend and girlfriend??

What's next, we get muted every time we 1 vs 1 someone and say "gf" (good fight) to be courteous?

Iphoneington
07-29-2014, 06:39 PM
Just simply speak in a high vocabulary and what happens? You sound smarter and hopefully educate the young ones by talking to them in a more proper manner. ._. Use a more distinctive vocabulary and all the mute issues will vanish....unless they decide to ban words like feebleminded or ludicrous. iPhone users better watch for that spellcheck ;) lol

Pandamoni
07-29-2014, 06:41 PM
That's not even similar to any word in English.

What's next, we get muted every time we 1 vs 1 someone and say "gf" (good fight) to be courteous?

You don't get muted with that word. The other person just doesn't see what you said.

So the conversation may go like this:

Me: "hey Serancha! I have a new boyfriend! I'm so happy. Thanks for your help"

you: (silence. You didn't see anything. But on my screen I see the text so I think I said it and you saw it)

me: "hello? You there?"

you: "oh hey Panda! how are you?"

me: "great! I have a new boyfriend!"

you: (silence again but this time you think I'm ignoring you because you don't see my response)

me: "um, helloooooo?"

you: "yes Panda I said hi, what are you on?"

me: "I'm high on life loving my new boyfriend"

you: (omg this woman is insane. I keep asking her how she is and she never responds wthhhhhhh????)

me: Okay, you must be busy I'll talk to you later *rage logs off*

Rare
Just simply speak in a high vocabulary and what happens? You sound smarter and hopefully educate the young ones by talking to them in a more proper manner. ._. Use a more distinctive vocabulary and all the mute issues will vanish....unless they decide to ban words like feebleminded or ludicrous. iPhone users better watch for that spellcheck ;) lol

Soon as i start getting paid to tutor kids in this game i play(ed) for entertainment....

Covert
Lol can't even say f#####k (with the number symbol)

Just like runescape but with mutes holy

Pandamoni
07-29-2014, 06:42 PM

You're right, black is such a nefarious word.

Seoratrek
07-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Hi again,

Like I have said in the other threads, there really isn't a need to use profanities in game. There are many other words that you can type that can get an idea across in a more appropriate manner. Regarding regular (non-vulgar) words getting caught into moderation, I will send a note to the devs so that they can take a look into it. However, profanities and vulgarities shouldn't be used in game. Thanks for your understanding.