PDA

View Full Version : is this game worth it

tarlan
07-29-2014, 04:50 PM
so i have mainly played PL with a touch of call of duty
which i am a god at both, anyways my question is how good is this?
it's like a knockoff of PL so i am not sure if i want to

someone told me the event was so awesome you can get like a bear pet but PL you can straight up be a bear so idk

please leave opinions below like about
-balance
-pvp
-how cool gear looks
-interface similarity with PL
-class teamwork
-best class
-easy or confusing overall
-general pros
-general cons

thankz guyz

Ihateppl
07-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Not really worth having you in it. "How cool gear looks?" seriously bro. Stick with what you think you know.

FadedTemptation
07-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Honestly I think arcane legends is a lot more fun I played pocket legends it was way to easy for me and I really looked at it like a kids game arcane legends much more fun not cartoony lol :)

Schnitzel
07-29-2014, 05:14 PM
Im from PL as well,

I can definitely tell you AL is definitely worth trying

-balance
-pvp
-how cool gear looks
-interface similarity with PL They are somewhat alike
-class teamwork There is teamwork, rogues do damage, warriors tank and mages do dps (i think...)
-best class There is no "best class" each class has their pros and cons
-easy or confusing overall its confusing at first, but gets easier as you play. (If you have any general questions, feel free to ask us at AL Minutemen (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?160416-Need-Help-Consult-the-Arcane-Legends-Minutemen!)
-general pros Good community and game

tarlan
07-29-2014, 05:17 PM
It's free to play. Try it and find out for yourself. I will warn you that it's addicting.
i dont want ta invest too much time getting used to it just to like PL more though, so trying to get opinions

btw how its how cool gear looks not important, like aesthetics are super important, from what i seen its better than PL but might have just seen like the top notch stuff on fb posts

thanks tho "mr i-want-my-gear-to-look-as-unappealing-as-possible"

i heard theres just 4 skills at a time u can use in AL seems like it would make it boring
part of what i like in pl is almost a unique combo for every situation to make u perform the best seems 4 skills would make everyone about equal regardless of skill

tarlan
07-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Im from PL as well,

I can definitely tell you AL is definitely worth trying

-balance
-pvp
-how cool gear looks
-interface similarity with PL They are somewhat alike
-class teamwork There is teamwork, rogues do damage, warriors tank and mages do dps (i think...)
-best class There is no "best class" each class has their pros and cons
-easy or confusing overall its confusing at first, but gets easier as you play. (If you have any general questions, feel free to ask us at AL Minutemen (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?160416-Need-Help-Consult-the-Arcane-Legends-Minutemen!)
-general pros Good community and game

this is helpful post guess im out of thanks though

i was thing of doing healing class for it since im used to bear from PL so is that good option in AL

Schnitzel
07-29-2014, 05:32 PM
i dont want ta invest too much time getting used to it just to like PL more though, so trying to get opinions

btw how its how cool gear looks not important, like aesthetics are super important, from what i seen its better than PL but might have just seen like the top notch stuff on fb posts

thanks tho "mr i-want-my-gear-to-look-as-unappealing-as-possible"

i heard theres just 4 skills at a time u can use in AL seems like it would make it boring
part of what i like in pl is almost a unique combo for every situation to make u perform the best seems 4 skills would make everyone about equal regardless of skill

Having only 4 skills allowed each time lets people have different builds in the game, often at times recommending? ( I dont have the word for it at the moment..) teamwork.

this is helpful post guess im out of thanks though

i was thing of doing healing class for it since im used to bear from PL so is that good option in AL

Warriors (The guy humans) = low damage/mana/dps with high health and armor amount
Rogues (The girl humans) = high damage/dps, average mana amount (I think...not really sure..someone whos a rogue, please confirm) with high crit and dodge percent, low health and average armor (I THINK)
Sorcerer/Mage (The blue guy) = average damage/dps, high mana amount, average health amount, lower armor than other two classes.

Credits to Hoardseeker for this guide
Guide to choosing your class (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?141370-Guide-Choosing-Your-Class)

Sdbigdaddy
07-29-2014, 05:47 PM
yes the game is worth it. anyone who posts here knows what a fun game this is. it is multifaceted. you can battle against other players, take on quests, merch to be rich, upgrade your gear, buy pets, and join multiple communities. STS (the company) seem interested in interacting with the players by posting every now and then and giving us announcements and providing for contests. they have produced two new quest sequences since i've started playing and several "special" events like one for halloween and christmas and just recently.
if you like this kind of game that grows as your character grows this is for you. if you like new boards everyday or you get bored easily, try candy crush or something like that.
See you in Arlor!

tarlan
07-29-2014, 07:45 PM
yes the game is worth it. anyone who posts here knows what a fun game this is. it is multifaceted. you can battle against other players, take on quests, merch to be rich, upgrade your gear, buy pets, and join multiple communities. STS (the company) seem interested in interacting with the players by posting every now and then and giving us announcements and providing for contests. they have produced two new quest sequences since i've started playing and several "special" events like one for halloween and christmas and just recently.
if you like this kind of game that grows as your character grows this is for you. if you like new boards everyday or you get bored easily, try candy crush or something like that.
See you in Arlor!

i think will try it, im sure to become a top player

Zeus
07-29-2014, 07:49 PM
i think will try it, im sure to become a top player

Good luck with that.

obee
07-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Good luck with that.

don't be rude lol

Prahasit Prahi
07-29-2014, 08:26 PM
don't be rude lol

We know who's rude :p

tarlan
07-29-2014, 08:41 PM
Good luck with that.

thanks but I doubt ill need luck

Speedofsound
07-29-2014, 10:15 PM
#lolpvp

Bless
07-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Good luck with that.

thanks but I doubt ill need luck Hope I see you in pvp c:

Speedofsound
07-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Btw when u start pm me on my main IGN: Age i love playing with pros i feel so good :3

keikali
07-29-2014, 10:21 PM
#lol@pvp

Energizeric
07-29-2014, 10:26 PM
so i have mainly played PL with a touch of call of duty
which i am a god at both, anyways my question is how good is this?
it's like a knockoff of PL so i am not sure if i want to

someone told me the event was so awesome you can get like a bear pet but PL you can straight up be a bear so idk

please leave opinions below like about
-balance there are the same balance issues between classes that PL had. It tends to change season to season
-pvp much more fun than in PL, and a higher percentage of the player base participates than did in PL
-how cool gear looks because of the screen rotation view, gear always looked better in PL, but in AL gear looks less cartoony and more serious
-interface similarity with PL yes, lots of similarities
-class teamwork not as much as in PL, there are no combos, but you do need class teamwork for elite dungeons
-best class this is a personal preference, but I would say Warriors are probably the easiest to play, sorcerers the hardest
-easy or confusing overall easier than PL, although if you are used to PL then it may take some adjusting as there are many new things that PL did not have, such as gem upgrades to gear
-general pros great graphics, good balance of action and strategy
-general cons plat players have a huge advantage

thankz guyz

My answers are in red above, and are using PL as a reference point.

In general the biggest adjustment you will need to make is the loss of screen rotation, but you will adjust in a few weeks time and then you will forget about it. The other thing you will notice missing is auto target.... this is a "hack and slash" battle game, so there is no "auto attack". You actually have to aim and shoot, it won't do it for you.

obee
07-29-2014, 10:26 PM
It's free to play. Try it and find out for yourself. I will warn you that it's addicting.

Free to play? Lol....the only way to really succeed and pvp is to buy plat loll pve is boring now adays. Or you could twink

Euldor
07-29-2014, 10:34 PM
#lol@pvp
#lol@lb

Zeus
07-29-2014, 10:35 PM

Kk, let me know your IGN when you get started. :)

Endkey
07-30-2014, 12:23 AM
This guy sounds like another bless in the making to me :p

Sirnoobalot
07-30-2014, 12:49 AM
Pay to win game but free to play.

epicrrr
07-30-2014, 01:04 AM
Pay to win game but free to play.

they too have to put foods on the table.

SacredKnight
07-30-2014, 01:09 AM
AL is the best of the "L's" so far. Trust me, it is worth it :)
If you read the chat box you can clearly see that it is AL dominated, very rarely do you hear someone talking about any other game.

Ihateppl
07-30-2014, 01:54 AM
Good luck with that.

See! I'm not the only one who finds this person annoying.

Back
07-30-2014, 02:30 AM
If you read the chat box you can clearly see that it is AL dominated, very rarely do you hear someone talking about any other game.
That's because other games are dead. AL is domination at the expense of other games. Would you see AL dominate if the other three games were equally updated with Events, Expansions and other latest content? No, it would still be PL>SL>AL>DL. But PL and SL were different.

Ssneakykills
07-30-2014, 02:40 AM

Not true before al was released I bet you would of found pocket legends dominating the chat box it's only because al is the new and the in demand legend game at the moment and the most active..

tarlan
07-30-2014, 02:45 PM
My answers are in red above, and are using PL as a reference point.

In general the biggest adjustment you will need to make is the loss of screen rotation, but you will adjust in a few weeks time and then you will forget about it. The other thing you will notice missing is auto target.... this is a "hack and slash" battle game, so there is no "auto attack". You actually have to aim and shoot, it won't do it for you.
again i would thank unfortunately out

hm locked camera sounds weird idk if i can visualize without playing

tarlan
07-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Kk, let me know your IGN when you get started. :)
sure thing

what class though rogue and sorcerer sounds pretty similar as far as roles

Visiting
07-30-2014, 02:52 PM
sure thing

what class though rogue and sorcerer sounds pretty similar as far as roles

Mage is the crowd control class (and the easiest to get on the lb), rogue is the Dmg class, most OP IMO but expensive and lb will be hardest to get on with this class...

tarlan
07-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Mage is the crowd control class (and the easiest to get on the lb), rogue is the Dmg class, most OP IMO but expensive and lb will be hardest to get on with this class...

so ill choose the harder one and be better at it

Reunegade
07-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Do you $5,000 in your pocket? If not, GL being the best. And don't turn down my luck, you're going to need it lol.

Trenton
07-30-2014, 05:11 PM
You'll have to rip people off to be one of the best at this game ;)

or afford upwards of 10k plat.

Anarchist
07-30-2014, 06:16 PM
To be a top player it is required you spend plat. If you are willing to spend plat and finance the game i will give some real sincere tips to not go waste your money cause of your cockiness.
#1. Never be in haste. Always have a plan and follow it up especially when it has to do with lockeds.
#2. Lockeds bring number two. Never buy them when you are poor. Take your time and farm them.
#3. Treat people with respect, you never know if they will be in the position to blow your backside up in the air tomorrow.
#4. Don't buy plats randomly. Save your money put it in a pink pig money saver or whatever and wait for plat offers. Same goes for free offers wait for the double reward event.
#5. When there is a event make sure you speed farm the most expensive things and sell asap, dont hoard cause they will be overfarmed in no time and you can buy them cheaper later.
#6. No event sucks. There is always a way of makin money, find how and go for it.
#7. When there are no events farm lockeds at KM3. Keep it going so later on you don't have to panic buy when events kick in to open.
#8. Never merch stuff only a certain group of players might like. Try your best to get your hands on the items rarely listed in the cs and that are hot. This way its more easier for you to slightly ir greatly increse the price for a careless buyer.
#9. Check the forums read and devour any information. Learn all you can about everyone be respectful, measured and kind it will save your backside in the ctf room and easier your gameplay.
#10. Last and must important advise. Lockeds. Worship that crate cause this game rotates around it. The base of AL currently lies on crates. Investing on them you will never lose and never panick sell them no matter how low they go the developers will always make them go back up by getting them interesting with new flashy toys.

Top class Mages are still underdogs.
Top class Wars are beasts in ctf and pvp.
Top class rogues are aliens from another planet. Unmatchable.

Goodluck and meet up with your words.

Bless
07-30-2014, 07:40 PM
This guy sounds like another bless in the making to me :p I'm not that egotastical, or if I am, it isn't bluff.

nelson131
07-30-2014, 07:47 PM
well, op...... if u have enough cash, a buldging wallet, enough skills, luck and want competion, make a rogue. buy a perfect arcane ring, mythic set,fang of fenir, mythic elondrian bow, get samuel, slag, singe, glacian, scorch as pets, and save 80m for nekro good luck.

u need around 250m to max out ur char and be a extra warrior toon needs a extra 150m, excluding 150 to 220m for 2 shady n surge.
total cost 600m+ , -90 to 100m if u want to stash arcane ring. if u want to buy ur way to rich player..... gg bro

for warrior get a maul, druid or mythic set, arcane ring and doom amulet.

tarlan
07-30-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm not that egotastical, or if I am, it isn't bluff.
you seem really nice so don't listen to those underlings

thankz for advice everyone, im sure it will all fit into my master plan

Speedofsound
07-30-2014, 09:28 PM

Underlings? Lol i already love you cant wait until you show up in my pvp map

Zeus
07-30-2014, 11:51 PM

So, when are you going to stop trolling, Sheldon? :rolleyes: