PDA

View Full Version : if I were to try record videos on my phone of pocket legends how would I do it??

AppleNoob
07-30-2014, 02:16 AM
I might start making youtube videos of pocket legends but im not sure what I need to do it anybody willing to help??

My phone is a samsung galaxy s5
The version is verizon

DocDoBig
07-30-2014, 02:53 AM
If it's Android 4.4.* u can use the android intern adb screen recorder, google it. You won't need root for it. It can only record your screen though, no audio.

Apps that can record your screen require root, I recommend SCR Screen Recorder Pro which is the only screen recordee i came accross that records the system audio output.
And Rec. by Spectrl, it can record your microphone - useful for live commentaries/let's plays.

synfullmagic_23110
07-30-2014, 03:03 AM
I recently rooted my Samsung Tab 3 7inch running 4.1.2 with some app called
"Master root" not in play store so search it in 4shared should be the first one

I made two videos and uploaded them ;) am not ganna sure link but if u happen to stumble soon it congrats!

I use screencast pro version 4 99 I believe
Here is the record button amd settings
Must have root
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/30/abene9ud.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/30/abegu3e6.jpg
Records mic but not sure about the sound the game you are playing gets picked up
I must say idk if its regular size but 10 mins video are about 100-130mb for me so pretty big :/

BTW
If ur ganna root
ROOT AT UR OWN RISK
WARRENTY WONT COVER

Motivating
07-30-2014, 03:24 AM
Or, play pc :3

synfullmagic_23110
07-30-2014, 03:25 AM
Or, play pc :3

By mi won

Motivating
07-30-2014, 06:01 AM
kden i bi pc

Motivating
07-30-2014, 08:10 AM
^
or use pc
:D
I like pc

AppleNoob
07-30-2014, 12:11 PM
^
or use pc
:D
I like pc
Sorry dont have pc it broke.... im getting a laptop for christmas but im not going to play pocket legends on it due to painful to use controls

programmed
07-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Most likely a super nooby question but what is rooting your device?

AppleNoob
07-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Most likely a super nooby question but what is rooting your device?

Same thing as a iphone jailbreak except for androids I looked it up :/

programmed
07-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Same thing as a iphone jailbreak except for androids I looked it up :/

Tbh I don't even know what jailbreaking is either lol I went ahead and just looked it up.

Rescind
07-30-2014, 04:27 PM
Imo rooted android is better than a jail broken iPhone
Guys let's stop talking about all them illegal stoofs cuz NSA be lurkin

AppleNoob
07-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Imo rooted android is better than a jail broken iPhone
Guys let's stop talking about all them illegal stoofs cuz NSA be lurkin rooting is legal but you will void your warranty since it isnt the base model of the phone

synfullmagic_23110
07-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Rooting is basically admin mod on your device
You have way more access to your device and you are able to change a lot from it

You can even turn a kindle fire tablet to a fully working android tablet with root

You can also over clock (boost your CPU making stuff run more smoothly )

Also when you boot up the device u can change that animation as well

There is a lot of stuff to do with root but it is risky cause you might brick your device

That's why I don't bother to change stuff like boot animations or roms

synfullmagic_23110
07-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Root your Device, use Screencast, Pro version cost Money but i can send u a free Link ;)

It's going to need a verification file :/ SOO good luck

Schnitzel
07-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Rooting is basically admin mod on your device
You have way more access to your device and you are able to change a lot from it

You can also over clock (boost your CPU making stuff run more smoothly )

I have no plans on doing this on my Android but isn't that bad for the device though?
higher Ghz probably equals more heat generated by device? possibly damaging important hardware components?

synfullmagic_23110
07-30-2014, 10:08 PM
I have no plans on doing this on my Android but isn't that bad for the device though?
higher Ghz probably equals more heat generated by device? possibly damaging important hardware components?

Does heat it up but I usslay check and there is this one setting if the temperature of your battery is over 100 F(u can change it around) it turns it down to the lowest u can (depends on what you want I turn it to 600 ish)

The highest I have ever had it was at 104f and 113f(when charging)

I might only use it when an app actually requires that much power of 1,200ghz because when I had it at 1,200ghz and I was playing pl I didn't realizes a deference :/

synfullmagic_23110
07-30-2014, 10:20 PM

This is the setting
If battery is 100F turn the CPU to lowest possible
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/31/yzurapy4.jpg

Schnitzel
07-30-2014, 10:24 PM
Does heat it up but I usually check and there is this one setting if the temperature of your battery is over 100 F(u can change it around) it turns it down to the lowest u can (depends on what you want I turn it to 600 ish)

The highest I have ever had it was at 104f and 113f(when charging)

I might only use it when an app actually requires that much power of 1,200 Ghz because when I had it at 1,200 Ghz and I was playing pl I didn't realizes a deference :/

I have a Samsung GS3 (Not rooted)
after playing AL/PL (At maximum battery saver option, meaning low frame rate) for about 30 minutes, the home button and screen becomes really hot, I have no idea how hot the home button and screen are, but for sure over 100ºF...

btw, sorry this reply is off topic..

on topic,
I dunno if this works, but I see a lot of AL players on youtube using "bandicam"
you could try that..

synfullmagic_23110
07-30-2014, 10:28 PM
I have a Samsung GS3 (Not rooted)
after playing AL/PL (At maximum battery saver option, meaning low frame rate) for about 30 minutes, the home button and screen becomes really hot, I have no idea how hot the home button and screen are, but for sure over 100ºF...

btw, sorry this reply is off topic..

on topic,
I dunno if this works, but I see a lot of AL players on youtube using "bandicam"
you could try that..

I believe bandicam is for PC only ^

An wow :/ I use my tablet for 4 hours straight at most and it's usslay at 90-97F

Schnitzel
07-30-2014, 10:39 PM
I believe bandicam is for PC only ^

An wow :/ I use my tablet for 4 hours straight at most and it's usually at 90-97F

what type of tablet do you use? (brand name/tablet name please)

synfullmagic_23110
07-30-2014, 10:42 PM
what type of tablet do you use? (brand name/tablet name please)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7inch running 4.1.1
Used to own a kindle (not kindle fire just kindle)
Rarely it would over heat

AppleNoob
07-31-2014, 12:32 AM
I guess Im going to try to root my kindle fire or just record on my laptop when I get it at christmas... because we have a update plan thing where after 6 months to a year we get to update to a new phone and the providers take the old one.. therefore if I root im pretty sure I may screw up the plan. Anyways thanks for the suggestions

synfullmagic_23110
07-31-2014, 01:44 AM
Check my Vids, didnt pay for it -> Hax
Woa hoa tew hak pls xplan

Gragorak
07-31-2014, 10:32 AM
It doesn't really damage anything, but obviously lowers battery life. Although unless you play Playstation/PC games actively there isn't much point in overclocking.

On topic, I'd go with Screencast pro. Definitely worth the cost.

I guess Im going to try to root my kindle fire or just record on my laptop when I get it at christmas... because we have a update plan thing where after 6 months to a year we get to update to a new phone and the providers take the old one.. therefore if I root im pretty sure I may screw up the plan. Anyways thanks for the suggestions
You can root it and unroot later, just don't do anything stupid with it. Like deleting the original Android OS of something like that. ;)