PDA

View Full Version : Guild inactivity

Amicusdei
07-30-2014, 02:57 PM
We have a problem with inactivity.
We have over 400 members, but only 20 really active ppl, mostly our officers.
We have tried cleaning out lower levels and recruiting stronger ones, but it seems they don't want to stay b/c of the inactivity.
We have same 6 or 8 ppl on every day it seems, and some others sprinkled in from time to time.
There was activity during ursoth, but since then it has died almost completely.
It's difficult now to even get a full party for elite runs.

Is anyone else experiencing this type of thing?

Can anyone give some advice on what to do to increase numbers meaningfully?
Maybe some things that have worked in your guild in the past.
We can't bribe ppl to join, and many lower levels who join will leave when they don't get help with every map, so its hard to grow organically.

Failing some kind of revival, our core ppl might be looking to move as a group.
We are all strong in game, most have mythic armors and best pinks, but none of us are overly wealthy. We are definitely not beggars or moochers.
We all want to be in a fun guild, which we have now, but it's hard to have fun with activity so low.
If you think you might have a new home for us, that input will be appreciated as well.

Visiting
07-30-2014, 03:03 PM
I'd say guild contest/events always encourage activity, most active guilds have a strong forum presence so maybe get members to make forum accounts and such? Asking members what APs (Achievement Points) they need and working on completing them is good for activity. Just a few things that I enjoy about guilds, I'll come back and add anything I think of l, but GL with your guild :)

Waheedski
07-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Elite runs help a lot. Speed contests, most kills in specific time contest. Try types of hunts too, helping ppl get valuable items helps greatly. Or even some silly contests like who can loot the most rusty plates. So far I hold the record for that.

Lame records, I hold them! -_-

Jurmans
07-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Elite runs help a lot. Speed contests, most kills in specific time contest. Try types of hunts too, helping ppl get valuable items helps greatly. Or even some silly contests like who can loot the most rusty plates. So far I hold the record for that.

Lame records, I hold them! -_-

I once had 300 common items when I needed to get packrat:D gave them all away to 3 lucky people:p.

nelson131
07-30-2014, 09:34 PM
this happened to eminence half an year ago. there was always 3-7 ppl online in my timezone. now only half of eminence's population is frequently active

Schnitzel
07-30-2014, 09:58 PM
Like Ralchior said,
host some events (giveaways/trivia, running maps etc.)

epicrrr
07-31-2014, 06:09 AM
Cant really control this situation, a guild is a collective of individuals imo just let it be.

Gensin
07-31-2014, 07:07 AM
It really depends on how you choose your members. You need active players, and you need to interview them befo. you invite.

nelson131
07-31-2014, 11:25 AM
and also....... dont spam invites like mad