PDA

View Full Version : Small add-on, BIG results: Challenge button

Zerious
01-14-2011, 12:08 PM
So yeah I posted this idea in another thread but I'm gonna repost it in the right place..

SO! I propose we install a "Challenge Player" button on other players' stat screens next to "add as friend/ignore" or even below "message"

When you click the challenge button, it'll ask "challenge this player?" (yes or no). Then when you put yes, It'll send a message to the other player "(ign) challenges you to a fight!" Then they can accept by challenging you back or ignore.

As for the map, it's locked by default. A medium-sized circle (to prevent endless running, but give enough kiting room) with no orbs or barrels.

Everytime one of the two players die, both players respawn at full health and mana. The game would be first to reach 2 wins, so best of 2/3 fights wins.

The game is strictly 1v1. I'd recommend disabling the avatar button altogether. To prevent boosters from leaving. Or being otherwise distracted.

[Lt] Shiny
01-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Lots of people do like 1v1, yes. But here's the problem: right now, for the L50s, we depend a lot on bluffs the Enchantress gives us. So when a Mage or Avian is up against a Ursan... What are the odds that the Bear will win? Warriors hugely depend on bluffs, but when it is 1v1; the Bear has a very unlikely chance to win. And without Health and Strength Orbs... That decreases the chances even more. -1 from me on this one. Sorry.

Zerious
01-14-2011, 12:29 PM
you do realize the damage given by ursan rage was increased SIGNIFICANTLY right? With beckon, I think warriors could hold their own. And again that's why you can DECLINE the challenge if you know from the start that you're beaten.

superglut2
01-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Challenge would rock

Tree Dude
01-14-2011, 12:32 PM
I like it but I think it should work more like dueling in WoW. You should be able to do it anywhere and pots should be disabled.

Tsarra
01-14-2011, 12:32 PM
I would want a way to opt-out of this. I don't PvP at all, and I already get annoyed by constant invites to Balefort Castle on my Level 46 character. :-/

Zerious
01-14-2011, 01:17 PM
I would want a way to opt-out of this. I don't PvP at all, and I already get annoyed by constant invites to Balefort Castle on my Level 46 character. :-/

That's why you can ignore the player who spams you, as in add them to your ignore list. I already thought about that.

I like it but I think it should work more like dueling in WoW. You should be able to do it anywhere and pots should be disabled.

Pots are disabled in pvp to begin with so that's not a problem

Arterra
01-14-2011, 01:20 PM
i like it. sooner or later, just decking it out in the middle of balefort would be cool, but this is a step forward.

Zerious
01-14-2011, 01:27 PM
that could be another idea, just fight in town. The hit boxes for everyone else would still be disabled, just the two who are fighting. But what if two duels happen at once? Bugs would definitely be an issue there and might take longer to develop. But it still sounds pretty cool