PDA

View Full Version : Are Devs Lazy?

125mrbear
07-31-2014, 08:38 PM
the L77 set is the just the l22 set but blue. the whole map is just a copy of sandstone caves. are they lazy?

Laar
07-31-2014, 08:40 PM
They can't devote time into a complete 5-level expansion because it isn't smart marketing. We suggested that instead of an all in expansion, we would appreciate a "mini" expansion.

Be greatful for what you got, we're pretty lucky they even considered doing a mini expansion.

Gracious
07-31-2014, 08:45 PM
the L77 set is the just the l22 set but blue. the whole map is just a copy of sandstone caves. are they lazy?Taking the time and effort to give us a little something that doesn't benefit them from a business standpoint is lazy? I call that devotion and dedication to their fans.

snowfu
07-31-2014, 08:49 PM
the L77 set is the just the l22 set but blue. the whole map is just a copy of sandstone caves. are they lazy?

So them making Forest Haven, Dark Forest, Balefort Castle, Fathon Crypts, Sandstone Caves, The Lost Expedition, Ancient Swamps, Alien Oasis Parts I, II, and III, Shadow Caves, Balefort Sewers, Nuri's Hallows, Isle of Humania, and Blacksmoke Mountain is lazy?

Chicken Fry
07-31-2014, 08:57 PM
Lol. You're not entitled to criticize the new cap. A few months ago when players begged for a cap, we were given the response of basically in a 5 point explanation the word "no". So this new opportunity for players to receive the 2-piece and 3-piece rings as well as a new pet and supposedly better sets. (Not so sure on that one. Current 75 bow debuffs your own armor). But overall the expansion of 1 level equals the love and dedication to the players of Pocket Legends from the Devs up in Spacetime. So get off your greedy behind and start thanking them you bum.

Sheugokin
07-31-2014, 09:05 PM
Lol. You're not entitled to criticize the new cap. A few months ago when players begged for a cap, we were given the response of basically in a 5 point explanation the word "no". So this new opportunity for players to receive the 2-piece ring as well as a new pet and supposedly better sets. (Not so sure on that one. Current 75 bow debuffs your own armor). But overall the expansion of 1 level equals the love and dedication to the players of Pocket Legends from the Devs up in Spacetime. So get off your greedy behind and start thanking them you bum.

I like you. I dont even care that it is 300k to get to 77 (well, maybe a little), but for taking their time and money to create an expansion for a so called dying game, is worth applauding for. Thanks a lot StG and I mean it with every word.

And I can be quite sure that the stats will be boosted if anything to make them more viable and better than blacksmoke pinks. Dont be greedy is all i gotta say

GreenLord
07-31-2014, 09:14 PM
The expansion means that STS still cares about PL, so u should be thanking them, not complaining like little kids

Whirlzap
07-31-2014, 09:16 PM
Lol. You're not entitled to criticize the new cap. A few months ago when players begged for a cap, we were given the response of basically in a 5 point explanation the word "no". So this new opportunity for players to receive the 2-piece ring as well as a new pet and supposedly better sets. (Not so sure on that one. Current 75 bow debuffs your own armor). But overall the expansion of 1 level equals the love and dedication to the players of Pocket Legends from the Devs up in Spacetime. So get off your greedy behind and start thanking them you bum.

This is true. The level 75 bows you are using right now are a SCALED uncraftable versions of the L77 Ferocious Blackstone Bow. To compare a crafted Swift Recurve bow or Elite Phoenix bow to the new pinks, you need to look at the crafted Lustrous Bow of Earthen Fury. It has better stats than those of the former weapons.
But as of right now, of course, a Swift set will be superior to the scaled level 75 versions of these new pinks.

Lexlyde
07-31-2014, 09:25 PM
This expansion is really a good thing for us. But you must admit that this new stuff is: 1st. As balanced as 75 stuff
2nd. Recycled items
3rd. They have a big lack of charisma! ( well, this is my own opinion )

Im happy to have this new expansion btw, even if ill dont enjoy it.

Samhayne
07-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Hey Mr. bear,

I am thrilled that you care enough about one of our games to want more. Thanks.

As to the question you pose, I would have to answer: no. I have the joy and sincere pleasure to go to work each day with some of the most hard working and creative people in the gaming industry. We are a small company and I think we do pretty well with what we have. Of course, that is my opinion, but we are all entitled to have one, yes?

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

Xyzther
07-31-2014, 09:51 PM
Hey Mr. bear,

I am thrilled that you care enough about one of our games to want more. Thanks.

As to the question you pose, I would have to answer: no. I have the joy and sincere pleasure to go to work each day with some of the most hard working and creative people in the gaming industry. We are a small company and I think we do pretty well with what we have. Of course, that is my opinion, but we are all entitled to have one, yes?

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

You guys should be thankful that Sts took the time to even make a cap for us, they could have simply just not made a cap and ignored PL, but they actually made a new cap for us. After this all they get is complaint after complaint, why would they bother making any more content if this is all they get. I thank you samhayne for actually making something new and fun for the game unlike some other people

Covert
07-31-2014, 10:02 PM

Lol @ you

Xyzther
08-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Lol @ you

Ikr

Marika1
08-01-2014, 01:22 AM
My first reaction after i played the new expansion was pretty much the same as OPs. Even the enemy placement is the same. Thing is, you don't even have to play the new exp if you don't want to, you can just level up in bsm. But, still, i have to thank the devs for giving us more to do and add a new cap. They took their time to provide us with another expansion and thats what counts. So thank you again! Look at the bright side, to some players, who never played sandstone caves, this will be totally new. :)

That Atlantis expansion from fan art looks good tho. Maybe in the next update. :) When is it btw? Kidding kidding.

for the lulz
08-01-2014, 01:55 AM
idc i just want the 2pc ring for extra sparkles ! tysm for the new cap sts !

iamthesurvivor
08-01-2014, 03:54 AM
What is the 4th art of war law? One must know thyself and reflect upon his sins. Do that, stg are hardworking people, just becos they are inundanguated in ur opinion dont swear and be aggressive. Dont like content? Leave. NO need to hurt others feeling in the process.

Killmeplox
08-01-2014, 04:01 AM
Thanks sts.

iamthesurvivor
08-01-2014, 04:09 AM
Read my post 2 posts above. #mindblown #wisdom #newlesson #iwokeup #propost #deep.

Fusionstrike
08-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Whether you agree with the OP's sentiment or not, he's entitled to his opinion. All these people saying nobody should complain because "hey, they could have done nothing at all" are being ridiculous. STS put out content, and players have a right to voice their opinions about it. The new content should be compared to the rest of the game's content regardless of how low the bar of expectation has sunk due to the game's long drought of development.

Compared to the rest of the game, this expansion is very lacking in originality. Nobody could seriously argue it's of the caliber of most of the other content in the game. So in that respect, yes, it's not particularly exciting and certainly not up to what STS has shown it is capable of. But it's wrong to characterize it as "laziness", which is an unfair criticism. It's more like the budget for PL has been reduced dramatically, so they did what they could in the time frame they were allotted. A better way to put it would be that you're disappointed that PL is no longer provided the budget it deserves to put out top-notch content like it once did.

Oldcoot
08-01-2014, 11:43 AM
We saw we weren't going to get all new content so we lowered our expectations an asked for reused content and got it. Thanks stg for something else to do.

Buchmeister
08-01-2014, 06:20 PM
They can't devote time into a complete 5-level expansion because it isn't smart marketing. We suggested that instead of an all in expansion, we would appreciate a "mini" expansion.

Be greatful for what you got, we're pretty lucky they even considered doing a mini expansion.
I for one am not grateful. They could've done a better job.

Laar
08-01-2014, 06:52 PM

I for one am not grateful. They could've done a better job.
Of course they can, but is that a smart financial move? This isn't a hobby that the developers do, they make money off of this. It's not like they can dedicate themselves to something that isn't profitable.

Luca Alessandro Bamba
08-02-2014, 02:14 AM
Everyone is talking about smart or not smart financial moves, but nobody is saying the truth, being that the many players buying plats in 2k or more deserve something better than a 100% recycle. I mean come on now, they didnt even take the time to design the sets with new graphic, yet you guys are surprised that people is just quitting when they see a 300k req.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9105P utilizzando Tapatalk

Laar
08-02-2014, 03:02 AM
Everyone is talking about smart or not smart financial moves, but nobody is saying the truth, being that the many players buying plats in 2k or more deserve something better than a 100% recycle. I mean come on now, they didnt even take the time to design the sets with new graphic, yet you guys are surprised that people is just quitting when they see a 300k req.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9105P utilizzando Tapatalk
As Samhayne said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. People feel that they would buy 2k plat for the new expansion, because in their opinion it is worth the money.

How do you think gaming developers get their money? They spruce up interest in a game, causing more people to devote money and time into the game. It's all about that, and to some people the expansion is a blast.

Buchmeister
08-02-2014, 05:03 AM
Of course they can, but is that a smart financial move? This isn't a hobby that the developers do, they make money off of this. It's not like they can dedicate themselves to something that isn't profitable.
They could be thinking more about the people who pay them and not whether its a "smart financial move" or not.

Trollish
08-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Get what you get and don't throw a fit.

Chopper
08-02-2014, 01:12 PM
You guys should be thankful that Sts took the time to even make a cap for us, they could have simply just not made a cap and ignored PL, but they actually made a new cap for us. After this all they get is complaint after complaint, why would they bother making any more content if this is all they get. I thank you samhayne for actually making something new and fun for the game unlike some other people

This. I have been very vocal about the lack of new content over the last 2 years. Quit because of new cap? Everything PL was befroe the new cap is still there, with the addition of the new cap. So just do whatever you were doing before the new cap and now you will gain XP while you are at it. Eventually you will cap again with new stuff. Why complain? It's only a matter of time, and at least it's not nearly as pointless as it was 3 days ago.

tarlan
08-02-2014, 09:04 PM
wow they take time to make something for us, the opposite of lazy

quit or play and shut up k?

Laar
08-02-2014, 09:49 PM
They could be thinking more about the people who pay them and not whether its a "smart financial move" or not.
And the PL players who pay them aren't many. This is a very small game compared to AL, so they invest more into AL because of "all the people who pay them".

Perf
08-02-2014, 10:00 PM
You people are all brainwashed. All of you.

Covert
08-02-2014, 10:14 PM
He is a vampire tho (https://www.facebook.com/alexvonminden)

Cinco Barnes' musical style blends alt- rock acoustic guitar and piano arrangements with soaring R&B vocals.

Influences:
Stevie Wonder
Bill Withers
Earl King
Boston
Journey
Kansas

KingFu
08-03-2014, 12:02 AM

Cinco Barnes' musical style blends alt- rock acoustic guitar and piano arrangements with soaring R&B vocals.

Influences:
Stevie Wonder
Bill Withers
Earl King
Boston
Journey
Kansas

Yeah, I genuinely like Cinco's music/voice. (http://www.reverbnation.com/cincobarnes) Don't think he's ever posted about it on forums though.

Arpluvial
08-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Hey guys,

This thread is not constructive. I am going to go ahead and lock it down.