PDA

View Full Version : What Ever Happened to the "New Itemization"?

UndeadJudge
07-31-2014, 11:15 PM
At the start of the season, we received singe, an arcane pet that has a Happiness Bonus very similar to that of a legendary pet that was recently released (Dovabear).

During the Ursoth's Assault Event, Shady and Surge was rewarded to the leaderboard players of the event. It's pretty good all around, nice stats, good AA especially in team fights.

Then, 3 days after the event, Nekro was announced with ridiculously OP stats that completely blew away Shady, and required an arcane pet to be in it's crafting recipe (which I suppose that's all singe is good for at this point). Shortly after being announced, it was released into the game with a stat nerf and requires some other arcane rarity item instead of Singe in the crafting recipe, which I'm assuming will inflate to the same price as the arcane shard.

What's the big rush? STS claimed that they would stagger releases of new items, but they give us 2 arcane pets in the same week? And why were Nekro's announced stats so ridiculously OP, especially compared to Shady? Why are they giving us so many pets when clearly we need new mythic jewelry (especially the amulet)? Why are they releasing so many arcane rarity items into crates that will just inflate to ridiculous amounts, and ruining the economy?

I just really don't understand what they are trying to accomplish with these ideas. I'm really glad that they listen to feedback from the forum community, but some of these things should really be thought out a little more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

-no
07-31-2014, 11:20 PM
Easy answer, they need to generate revenue.

UndeadJudge
08-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Easy answer, they need to generate revenue.

Well, of course they do. Any game needs revenue to survive. But I've never seen the game be more plat-demanding than recently. They want us to pay for energy, then less than a week after, put some arcane fossil in crates?

Energizeric
08-02-2014, 12:15 PM
I don't think "itemization" was meant to happen with pets, but with gear. If you look at the gear released so far this season, every wave of gear is slightly better than the last, and I'm guessing that will continue as the season goes on. Although I'm still waiting for more/better items to be available for dragkin teeth.

Kershy
08-02-2014, 01:06 PM
its all about money........

Titanium
08-02-2014, 06:58 PM
The new itemization its just their way to win more time to keep things on going.

First news about itemization came in January (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?133446-Discussion-New-Itemization-System-Coming-in-the-Next-Expansion&highlight=itemization). Don't expect to come in the next 2 months since they planned other things that will have a most probably a delay. Elites are dead. Only thing what people could do in game was chatting and pvping. They killed the chat last week. PvP is dead since this season started. If they wanted to make Elites useful at least they could come with some legendary gear better than Fang/Doom/Lunar and Shuyal Ring so we couldn't drop dead from a combo in PvP.

Anyways . Wait with us . Pop some crates maybe you will get a fossil.

Relax , take it easyyyyyyyyy !

UndeadJudge
08-03-2014, 11:36 AM
I don't think "itemization" was meant to happen with pets, but with gear. If you look at the gear released so far this season, every wave of gear is slightly better than the last, and I'm guessing that will continue as the season goes on. Although I'm still waiting for more/better items to be available for dragkin teeth.

I guess...so maybe the gear from the august producer's letter will be worth farming? One could only hope..