PDA

View Full Version : How is it shocking that an arcane pet requires opening locked?

Wutzgood
08-01-2014, 07:06 AM
Arcane pets have always requires opening locked or spending millions in gold to buy in auction. Why should this one be any different? The original recipe needed a singe egg and people complained. They replaced it with a new arcane item in locked crates. This should have been expected by everyone. And arcane pets aren't necessary to play this game so there shouldn't be complaints about it only going to the rich. All the arcane pets go to the rich or lock openers like they always have.

The problem with this community is everyone thinks they are a sts dev since the devs actually listen to players and change things based on it. Remember this is their game that they allow everyone to play for free. The fact that they listen at all is a great thing. Remember most companies never listen to their player base at all.

IMO if more and more of the complainers actually leave the game instead of just making threads about it the community would be better as a whole.

ClumsyCactus
08-01-2014, 07:16 AM
One of The biggest problem is that this Pet is faking to be a free Pet.

yasshh
08-01-2014, 07:18 AM

You know... When it was announced that nekro will require a quest.the farmers were excited that they will actually will be able to earn something. But the quest that is introduced is ridiculously easy. And the vial is just around what?50k within 24 hours of update ? How it isnt a matter of rage if every new content is always released for only top 1% of player base ?

Rare
08-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Arcane pets have always requires opening locked or spending millions in gold to buy in auction. Why should this one be any different? The original recipe needed a singe egg and people complained. They replaced it with a new arcane item in locked crates. This should have been expected by everyone. And arcane pets aren't necessary to play this game so there shouldn't be complaints about it only going to the rich. All the arcane pets go to the rich or lock openers like they always have.

The problem with this community is everyone thinks they are a sts dev since the devs actually listen to players and change things based on it. Remember this is their game that they allow everyone to play for free. The fact that they listen at all is a great thing. Remember most companies never listen to their player base at all.

IMO if more and more of the complainers actually leave the game instead of just making threads about it the community would be better as a whole.

who is shocked?!

gatzoo5505
08-01-2014, 07:29 AM
Its no secret that the top 1% will always get first dibs on items, this goes for all games.

Personally im not too fond of the quest but it does force the community together to accomplished. This is arcane ring 2.0 in a nutshell but in pet form.

Best of luck to all

-Melthy-

Bigboyblue
08-01-2014, 07:42 AM
I think the reason most people are disappointed is because there is nothing for farmers to do. If STS could implement something for the farmers they would be happy. There was a hint that this Nekro quest may do that but it hasn't. The problem currently is that STS focuses solely on things that generate revenue. There has been nothing added that's sole purpose was to improve game play of non platters since the Tindrin expansion.

Sirnoobalot
08-01-2014, 07:54 AM
Where did this guy come from?
hmmm like your opinion tho.

matanofx
08-01-2014, 07:57 AM
People do complain way too much about not being able to afford Arcane items (nvm the fact that hj and glacian are cheap and reachable)

I have the gold to buy sam+singe+nekro when its more common but i dont cause i dont NEED it to enjoy the game, people really need to stop whining and focus on getting better.

Should there be more things to farm? hell yeah when was the last time we had new content that didnt require an increased money spent on game? i dont really remember.

But crying about not being able to afford something you dont really need is just gonna be ignored by anyone with an upright brain.

Wutzgood
08-01-2014, 08:04 AM
One of The biggest problem is that this Pet is faking to be a free Pet.

When the first recipe called for a singe egg how could it be expected to be a free one?

who is shocked?!

There are a bunch of topic about it.

I think the reason most people are disappointed is because there is nothing for farmers to do. If STS could implement something for the farmers they would be happy. There was a hint that this Nekro quest may do that but it hasn't. The problem currently is that STS focuses solely on things that generate revenue. There has been nothing added that's sole purpose was to improve game play of non platters since the Tindrin expansion.

The last event was made for farmers. Essences were the biggest gold maker in ursoth event. Unless you got s&s the leaderboard wasn't gonna make more gold than farming essences was.

As a farmer I want more things to farm also but I'm always happy when they add something new to locked to keep the gamblers gambling.

coloneal
08-01-2014, 08:29 AM
sts should give alternative to players to open lock without plat, recipe for key of the lock or using gold, maybe :p

Rare
08-01-2014, 08:34 AM
There are a bunch of topic about it.

Upset I could understand. Shocked?? Then they haven't been around long.

faychen
08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Nothing new (same as Arcane Ring), I would pass.

1% of player base don't rage, peace!

XD

epicrrr
08-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Arcane pets/items and mythic pet/items goes to players who spend most of their time farming and thinking of ways how to get that gold! This is the long way, the crusader way, the screw the system way, the imma-proove-no-need-to-sped way lists of way goes on. Game like this to keep providing quality contents must get that resources they needed; with a game like this and a thousand of players involve well spending money to get those flashy items seems natural and logical.

Yes STS has been trying to avoid pay-to-win scenario, but it has been here long before were just ignoring it or chooses to ignore it. Most content available to casual gamers are reachable and is "farmable" but it does need for you to have something to start you off, you become a casual gamer to dedicated gamer by taking that first step of getting a plat. Yep, i have to convert plat to gold to start my AL Fun time.

Bless
08-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Without the people, the leader is nothing.

Huikreu
08-01-2014, 09:03 AM
I was actually thinking of making a similar post myself after reading some of the reactions on the forum to the new pet.

The game isn't perfect and neither is STS but it's probably the best free game I've ever played:
1. Every map and skill is available to free players. There is almost no content strictly reserved for plat users (e.g., plat-only pets). Even these are available to free players if you're willing and able to do the free plat offers.
2. Free players are able to relatively easily acquire the necessary equipment to be competitive in the most difficult areas of the game. Sure, some of this is pretty expensive but not completely out of reach if you have the time to devote to the game.
3. STS has to earn real money. Otherwise, there would be no game at all. If they can continue keeping #1 and #2 intact and still make enough money to keep the game running, I'm very impressed. Most free games don't manage this well.

You don't need an arcane pet to be successful in elite pve. Perhaps it's different for pvp (I have no experience there) but I still doubt that you run into an opposing player with an arcane pet very often. I think the main problem facing STS is players getting bored. That's a real potential problem that this arcane pet quest doesn't fix. Let's remember, though, that we're only a couple weeks away from Ursoth. A little patience for new content is in order.

yasshh
08-01-2014, 09:20 AM
You don't need an arcane pet to be successful in elite pve. Perhaps it's different for pvp (I have no experience there) but I still doubt that you run into an opposing player with an arcane pet very often. I think the main problem facing STS is players getting bored. That's a real potential problem that this arcane pet quest doesn't fix. Let's remember, though, that we're only a couple weeks away from Ursoth. A little patience for new content is in order.

For pvp, to compete or to get 10k aps or to get into some nice clashes you definitely need the top gears. People get 1 shot'ed there. Previous seasons atleast skill meant something.

Goodfella
08-01-2014, 09:21 AM
The real thing what is making me angry is not the fact i cant afford this new pet that was clear that im not able to afford this but the real thing is why we get like every 2 weeks an new arcane pet instead of things they were needed ? Why we not get an new mythic amulett ? That shocks me !

Prahasit Prahi
08-01-2014, 09:23 AM
For every arcane pet we need to open lock simply here also we need to open lock. that's it

Fyrce
08-01-2014, 09:39 AM
We just got new amulets. What??

Chrisaetoshawker
08-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Singe = arcane fossil (unless they changed the drop rate, which I don't care haha)
Sts was playing merchants(?!)

Gensin
08-01-2014, 09:53 AM

Actually Its not really shocking in Locked perspective.
But the fact that It was announced 3 days ago from a expensive and competitive event, makes it look bad.
and also Jinathedemo is right, Why do we have to craft and kill elites If we just can get it from locked. It is simply trying to be free.
Maybe this is a business plan of sts?

Sdbigdaddy
08-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I will definitely pass on this pet upgrade. Its too tough and expensive for me. The last really good free quest i did from the game was the mythic hat/armour update. Lets have more of those quests.

The pet update is only available for lvl 40+, that cant be very many players right? This game is definitely less expensive and more fun for twinks! So you dont like the way this upgrade is going forget it and play on your twink account until something better comes along.

Ipoopsy
08-01-2014, 12:27 PM

I couldn't have say anything better myself :-)