PDA

View Full Version : Is 300k too much exp?

Matutd
08-01-2014, 07:20 AM
Yes

KingFu
08-01-2014, 07:23 AM
If maps were enjoyable with stuff worth farming for it would be fine and not just 4x plasma.

Also, inb4 "STS worked hard on this! We shud be happy!"

humiiii
08-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Ya its quite a lot of xp but im angry cause there is no plat sale.. I decided to not cap

Somemager
08-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Also mobs are way to over powered i literally cannot even run the map with a full party 3x combos let alone 4x combos. I even saw pally mages being 1 hit yesterday. I guess we all just need to get used it all.

Armourslash
08-01-2014, 08:21 AM
They will fix the bugs this week hopefully, not many people will touch the campaign until they are fixed, half of the people are just going to plasma or mega maze with 4x and capping there.

Somemager
08-01-2014, 08:35 AM
They will fix the bugs this week hopefully, not many people will touch the campaign until they are fixed, half of the people are just going to plasma or mega maze with 4x and capping there.

Yeah maybe we should all wait but if mobs remain like this im becoming apart of the "not capping club"

Chopper
08-01-2014, 08:51 AM
It is not. The game has been stagnant with people bored. This is what we asked for. Something to do. Some new content. When people rush to cap, then they get bored and quit. This is a truly elite grind and will at least make playing less pointless over the next little while. It if was 100k, people would be capping the first day and within a week, the community would be complaining about nothing to do.

Laar
08-01-2014, 09:07 AM
It is not. The game has been stagnant with people bored. This is what we asked for. Something to do. Some new content. When people rush to cap, then they get bored and quit. This is a truly elite grind and will at least make playing less pointless over the next little while. It if was 100k, people would be capping the first day and within a week, the community would be complaining about nothing to do.
Maybe xp shouldve been 1billion, there's already a hanful of people who've capped

Clashed
08-01-2014, 09:28 AM

There are people that have already capped...with hours..not a day...hours..!

Somemager
08-01-2014, 10:15 AM
I like 300k xp it will take those who dont spend alot on plat 40-60 hours to cap depending on if they depend on 3x combos from blessing (im one of them) I just want mobs to be nerfed because there very op atm but other then that im ready to get my grind on.

Chopper
08-01-2014, 10:33 AM
There are people that have already capped...with hours..not a day...hours..!

Yeah, I've always said, take away the Anywhere XP elixir for the end game. THese people just run the low level maps all day. Pretty sad.

Armourslash
08-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I like 300k xp it will take those who dont spend alot on plat 40-60 hours to cap depending on if they depend on 3x combos from blessing (im one of them) I just want mobs to be nerfed because there very op atm but other then that im ready to get my grind on.
2 days with only a 3x combo? wow.

Lexlyde
08-01-2014, 10:54 AM
This is a super elite level guys... I didnt try new dungeon but i've heard mobs are op. So the problem comes from mobs, not exp amount, as i said its ELITE so its for "hardcore" gamers

Fusionstrike
08-01-2014, 11:05 AM
I'm glad STS put out a new cap, but I think 300k XP is excessive for several reasons.

1. It has a very low cost to reward ratio compared to the rest of the game. For example, BSM expansion added 5 levels and was about 150k from 71 to 76. So players did 150k of "work" and got 5 level raises of stats. This cap requires twice the work but only gives a single level raise, so 1/5th the reward.

2. It is way more work for the same reward with respect to rings. One big thing that was touted about this release is it would allow for new players to "catch up" with old players on elite rings. However, a player who joins today has to earn 400k xp for his two caps for 2-piece ring compared to only 200k for old players. This is a huge penalty to have to pay, especially considering it isn't the new players' fault that STS took a year and a half off from putting out caps.

3. It adds no particular value to the game. Doing 100k caps was already tedious and mostly ignored by all but plat users. Having to slog through 300k is pretty much impossible unless you use tons of plat to speed it up. For example, I played for an afternoon with no boosts on and got about 1k XP running the various new maps. This means it would take nearly a year to finally cap, and that's assuming playing for the same 4 or so hours every day never taking a day off. The original 100k caps were at least possible, if boring, to do without plat in a reasonable time. This 300k is a plat-only undertaking, leaving those without that kind of money (i.e. most of PL) out.

Skeletonlord
08-01-2014, 11:09 AM

I think the requirement of 300k is quite a lot, especially for those who don't buy/get free plat. I think I agree with you, until there is a mob nerf or some change in the amount of damage the mobs do, I'll be doing Dragons Nest.

Trenton
08-01-2014, 11:56 AM
I think everyone should stop complaining

If u have a problem, leave.

Somemager
08-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Well trenton do you really think people want to get 1 hit all day lol?

SpookyPod
08-01-2014, 12:26 PM
This new cap is the same as many things in life: a compromise. A company not wanting to spend too much money on an older game, but at the same time trying to address some of the demands of their customers.

300k is a lot of XP, but regardless of whether it was higher or lower, STS could never hope to satisfy everyone, so they made a decision to try and make most happy. Also, there will always be people who want to 'be first'. That's life, too.

My advice, for what it's worth... play PL because you like it and have fun, not because of pressure to get this or that first. Hey, make new friends and be grateful that a company is still listening over 4 years after the release of the game.

Alternatively, no one is forcing anyone to stay. :)

Oldcoot
08-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Well said spook

Trenton
08-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Well trenton do you really think people want to get 1 hit all day lol?
I'm a full dex bird with the purple dex armor and green helm and elite bow, and I don't get one hit because I know how to kite. With a bear, pally, or rhino, they run in first, and I kite, and I don't have a problem staying alive. Too many int mages or birds think they can run in and own the map for themselves but that's not the case.

XghostzX
08-01-2014, 12:51 PM
The funniest thing is the people that already capped. I'm sorry, but I REALLY hope that their time and money feels well spent - because I think that's a joke.

300k wow... it's either tons of repetitive grinding or pay to play. There's nothing "elite" about that.

for the lulz
08-01-2014, 01:33 PM
lets all ditch pl and move to al . Iv tried it , its nice :)

Promagin
08-01-2014, 01:43 PM
99802I'm getting close, lol.

Trenton
08-01-2014, 03:01 PM
99802I'm getting close, lol.
U no life lol gtfo

Jk Dillon <3 Good job bae

I can't do 300k right now just for the fact that I just did 210k to get from 51-76, I'm probably gonna chill in the new maps for awhile

Covert
08-01-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm at 1/300000

:)

Oldcoot
08-01-2014, 03:07 PM
I'm just gonna play, when it comes it comes

KingFu
08-01-2014, 03:15 PM

People keep saying that, but I honestly don't recall anyone expressing their want for this. I remember far more people asking for a PvP balance than a new cap. I personally would rather have gotten nothing, as I find this cap to be entirely counter productive. There isn't anything elite about spending 1-2k plat to grind through 300k xp in plasma pyramids. Elite should mean that it's something not everyone can achieve. Something that requires more skill than the average player. I'd hardly call something that any Tron member with a bucket of plat could do "elite". Also, as stated previously, people are already capping within the first two days.

I think everyone should stop complaining

If u have a problem, leave.

Uh, no. I'm not sure if it's STS fanboyism that's driving people to say this, but this statement is borderline moronic. Having feelings of discontent with the result of something shouldn't equate to dropping it and leaving altogether. Had people followed this rule and only ever expressed their opinions in favor of things as opposed to against, hardly any progress would be/would've been made for this game.

Daueden
08-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Also mobs are way to over powered i literally cannot even run the map with a full party 3x combos let alone 4x combos. I even saw pally mages being 1 hit yesterday. I guess we all just need to get used it all.

wow...ran it just fine with nobody using combo elixir, maybe you just need to get better

Trenton
08-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Uh, no. I'm not sure if it's STS fanboyism that's driving people to say this, but this statement is borderline moronic. I'm not one to even care, it's just my personal view. If I have something I don't like, I'll quit, just like I did. There was nothing but PvP to do for the basically 2 years of BSM, so I quit and moved onto something I did like. Now because of a new cap, I've returned and made an endgame character, after deleting my original. The fact that we've had to complain this much to get an almost recycled event isn't helping that people are griping even more about 300k. If they hate it so much, why stay?

Somemager
08-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Wao rektage above ^

Somemager
08-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Pls dont insult my noobiness and yes i know how to play its just full int isnt that tankish i see lel.

Trenton
08-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks for edit.

KingFu
08-01-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm not one to even care, it's just my personal view. If I have something I don't like, I'll quit, just like I did. There was nothing but PvP to do for the basically 2 years of BSM, so I quit and moved onto something I did like. Now because of a new cap, I've returned and made an endgame character, after deleting my original. The fact that we've had to complain this much to get an almost recycled event isn't helping that people are griping even more about 300k. If they hate it so much, why stay?

I'm not even griping about the 300k xp though. I think that number would be perfectly fine if the campaign were half decent. My edit elaborated more on it.

Thanks for edit.

Np btw.

Trenton
08-01-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm not even griping about the 300k xp though. I think that number would be perfectly fine if the campaign were half decent. My edit elaborated more on it.

Np btw.
That actually wasn't sarcastic, I'm just glad you elaborated rather than call me a borderline moron and not explain.

KingFu
08-01-2014, 04:19 PM
That actually wasn't sarcastic, I'm just glad you elaborated rather than call me a borderline moron and not explain.

I didn't call you that, I said the statement was. I apologize if you took offense, as that wasn't my intent.

synfullmagic_23110
08-01-2014, 04:20 PM
TBH its pretty ez just get lucky with 3x combo daily blessing and earn about 40k xp in day

and the mobs arent to hard if u have a party of
Bear
Bird
bird
Mage
mage

the bear walls them
mage debuffs and lowers there health
birds finish them and nuke

i was running with istaff yesterday we didnt realluy run into much issues with one bear to tank

yes i do agree they are op but its not such an issue that u cant do the campaign

Somemager
08-01-2014, 04:49 PM
But thats the problem every bear scatters lawl

Oldcoot
08-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Not every, I try very hard to be a good crowd control bear. Have even had a few complements on it.

Somemager
08-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Coot i know you da bestest bur der is dem pulls be smooth as silk.

Trenton
08-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Coot i know you da bestest bur der is dem pulls be smooth as silk.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/02/huraja2e.jpg

Stevenmc
08-01-2014, 06:32 PM
TBH its pretty ez just get lucky with 3x combo daily blessing and earn about 40k xp in day

and the mobs arent to hard if u have a party of
Bear
Bird
bird
Mage
mage

the bear walls them
mage debuffs and lowers there health
birds finish them and nuke

i was running with istaff yesterday we didnt realluy run into much issues with one bear to tank

yes i do agree they are op but its not such an issue that u cant do the campaign

The mobs are easy as long as you have a team consisting of at least 1 bear, 1 bird, and 2 mages. The bear runs in and takes the aggro, while the mages heal him and keep him alive while he stuns, then everyone nukes and BAM! Room cleared in less than 15 seconds.
We did have a pretty good team going yesterday!

synfullmagic_23110
08-01-2014, 06:33 PM
The mobs are easy as long as you have a team consisting of at least 1 bear, 1 bird, and 2 mages. The bear runs in and takes the aggro, while the mages heal him and keep him alive while he stuns, then everyone nukes and BAM! Room cleared in less than 15 seconds.
We did have a pretty good team going yesterday!

Yus

Stevenmc
08-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Yus

Of course finding a team that knows how to run this way can be difficult.

synfullmagic_23110
08-01-2014, 06:54 PM

Sadly yes:/ many uneducated bears

Laar
08-01-2014, 06:56 PM

Sadly yes:/ many uneducated bears
Like yourself

Somemager
08-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Rekt ^

synfullmagic_23110
08-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Like yourself

Have u seen me using L66 bear? Ask buring dex he knows I can tank and wall them easily

Perf
08-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Guys pls waste ur time on this game :D 300k is not too much man Id rather have 3000k or 3 million xp to grind. Yeah man its such a super lovely game Id love to spend all those amazing precious hours of my life to tap skilsl :D

Laar
08-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Guys pls waste ur time on this game :D 300k is not too much man Id rather have 3000k or 3 million xp to grind. Yeah man its such a super lovely game Id love to spend all those amazing precious hours of my life to tap skilsl :D
"The sarcasm is not wanted." - Sheugokin

Luca Alessandro Bamba
08-02-2014, 02:40 AM
As many are saying, there is absolutely nothing elite in grinding 300k exp, it's just terribly boring even with plat abuse. But in the end, why grind 300k? So we can drop lv77 items in a 100% recycled map where they didnt even take the time to design some actually new sets? Even the elite ring is basically useless if you cant craft it with dragon rings. And we dont have any new maps slayer style, the ancient caverns have just mobs with tons of hp but both the mobs and bosses can be soloed with kiting.

People talks a lot of how this is the best we can have for pl now.
Imo as long as there's players like me buying plat in 2 / 4k at a time the game should deserve at least some more attention, i dont think it would take much time designing 3 new sets and adding a totally new boss.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9105P utilizzando Tapatalk

Staman
08-02-2014, 04:01 AM
I'm very happy that there's a new cap and that it's hard!! Normally I would cap in days, this time it'll be weeks.

So thank you STS for the new (hard) campaign, the new L77 set's, the new vanity pet, the new 2pcs and 3pcs rings, and the 300k XP lvl cap

:)

Motivating
08-02-2014, 06:05 AM
75 is the way to go
k

angeldawn
08-03-2014, 01:21 AM
I think it should have been higher

Matutd
08-03-2014, 02:29 PM
I think it should have been higher
I think you should watch your mouth young lady!

Trenton
08-03-2014, 02:52 PM
10,000,000,000 would have been sufficient

Riccits
08-04-2014, 03:14 AM
what i just dislike is that the new gear is just slightly better, but the trash mobs have huge more HP than before... making it very slow going through the map..
it would be more fun if there would be lots of trash more, with lesser HP. STG dont need to be afraid ppl would buy lesser trashers... would be always the same.