PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion on how to reward elite farmers

GoodSyntax
08-01-2014, 10:09 AM
So, we have all seen (and sort of expected) how the Nekro questline would turn out - requiring something super rare that is exclusive to locked crates. The hopes we (the community) had in something challenging, but farmable in elites has evaporated after realizing that the elite dropped crafting components hold little to no value. Unfortunately, this turns the questline bascially into pop locked and loot Fossil, or buy Fossil from auction, then craft Nekro.

With that said, below is my suggestion on how STS can create a new series of quests and crafting to really reinvigorate elite farming, provide farmers a respectable source of revenue and encourage players to actually play the content of the game, instead of spending their time merching or opening locked crates to get ahead.

I imagine crafted eggs ranging in value from 1m for the Legendary to 10m for the Arcane, so long as the hatched pet's Happiness Bonus and Arcane Ability support this level of pricing.

Notes
I updated this post to reflect some good ideas that Crowsfoot had (there you go Crow). If anyone has other suggestions, please feel free to post them and I will update this suggestion accordingly.

The Research Assistant
The Research Assistant has been tasked by Paracelsus to collect specimens for research. This NPC is a rare spawn (similar to portals) after defeating Elite Tindirin Bosses. When he spawns, he will offer you a quest to assist him in collecting recipe scraps from ALL elite bosses throughout Arlor.

Collecting Recipe Scraps
These recipe scraps are a secondary drop (like Drakin Teeth) and can be affected by Reroll Elixirs to improve drop rate. You will be required to collect a scrap from each elite boss starting in Brackenridge Forest and continuing through Rockhorn Summit.

Receiving Your Egg Recipe
When you have collected every scrap, return the quest to Paracelsus. He will ask you for an egg as a binding material, and 50k gold (Alchemy isn't cheap you know). The rarity of the egg changes the probability of the resulting recipe. So, utilizing a common egg yields a very low chance for an Arcane Egg Recipe; however, a Mythic Egg (like Ripmaw) doesn't guarantee a high level egg recipe. The recipe type will be a luck based roll, similar to the functionality of Locked Crates.

Below is a table that provides a suggestion on egg inputs and resulting recipe outputs:

Common Eggs and all Legendary Eggs Rewarded By Klaas-> 5% Arcane, 5% Mythic, 90% Legendary
Epic and Legendary Eggs found in Normal Maps (non-elite) -> 5% Arcane, 10% Mythic, 85% Legendary
Legendary Eggs found in Elite Maps from Elite Brakenridge through Elite Dead City -> 10% Arcane, 25% Mythic, 65% Legendary
Mythic Eggs and Legendary Eggs found in Elite Maps from Kraken and Up -> 15% Arcane, 35% Mythic, 50% Legendary

These are single use recipes, and each recipe has it's own crafting requirements. All recipes will need Vials of Ectoplasm, Gems, Drakin Teeth, etc., but based on the rarity level of the recipe, the crafting components differ.

These recipes must be tradeable/sellable/stashable!

Crafting Your Egg
Obviously, the crafting requirements for an Arcane egg will be significant. I imagine we would need perhaps 150 Drakin Teeth, 20 Vials of Ectoplasm, 10 Blood, Fire and Glacial gems, an Elite Golden Dragon Chest and 3 days in crafting time. Crafting this egg will consume all the crafting materials, including the recipe.

The Mythic egg would take 100 Drakin Teeth, 15 Vials of Ectoplasm, 7 of each gem type and an Elite Silver Dragon Chest. Crafting time should be 2 days.

The Legendary egg would take 50 Drakin Teeth, 10 Vials of Ectoplams, 5 of each gem type and an Elite Copper Dragon Chest. Crafting time should be 1 day.

The key point here is that Drakin Teeth are a primary material for egg crafting. Because Drakin Teeth are bound to the player, you actually have to spend time grinding in order to acquire all the material needed for crafting. This will control the deflation in value of the crafted eggs, so should provide farmers a long-term, viable revenue stream.

Crafting Restrictions
You can not start a new recipe quest if you have an egg crafting. You also cannot take more than one recipe quest in a three day period.

You can buy off the three day wait period with gold or platinum, but this restriction must be in place to control downward pricing pressure from overfarming.

The intent is to create high value items for farmers, so there is a reliable revenue stream for those that grind and run elites. I imagine these eggs ranging in value from 2m for the Legendary to 10m for the Arcane, so long as the hatched pet's Happiness Bonus and Arcane Ability support this level of pricing.

Recipe pricing should be less than half the value of the crafted egg.

Benefits To Community And Farmers

Since the recipe questline can only be received while farming Elite Tindirin, this will obviously spark interest in farming here.
The recipe scraps are scattered across every elite boss, so this will require parties to run all maps once again (instead of the same 5 or 6 that we always farm).
Season 1 and 2 eggs will increase in value, since they are base material for crafting these new eggs.
Vials of Ectoplasm will increase in value, since they will be needed for all eggs, including Nekro.
Gem crafters will see their gems increase in value, since gems are needed for crafting.
Drakin Teeth will actually be a valuable commodity!
Elite Dragon Chests will increase in value, since they are the housing element for crafting eggs.
Because Drakin Teeth are bound to the player, you cannot just buy your way into all crafting materials!

Benefit To STS

Encourage players to play the content of the game.
Increased Reroll Elixir/Kit purchases.
Increased Platinum Revives (for tougher maps)
Increased Combo/DMG/Armor Elixirs (mostly for the tougher maps)
Increased HP/Mana pot expenditures (gold sink)
Players will spend platinum/story tokens on inventory slots
Controls deflation of value in early season eggs

The Junior Alchemist
Add a second Alchemist NPC as a rare spawn on all Elite Nordr and Shuyal maps. This Alchemist will grant special Gem Recipes. These Gem Recipes will be single use items to craft very rare Gems, which can range from Armor Gems, Crit Gems, Mana Gems, etc. The crafting material would be Blood/Fire/Glacial Essences, but in large volume, so for instance 50 Blood Essences for an Armor Gem. Both the Recipe and crafted gem could be traded/sold/stashed.

This Alchemist would be a limited time spawn, disappearing at the end of this season. At points in the future, STS could resurrect the Alchemist to grant the same recipes again, or even new recipes.

This will create a secondary gem market, and encourage more players to farm Nordr and Shuyal.

Callmemr
08-01-2014, 10:33 AM
just logged in to thank this.
+1

Awesome.
Why dont de devs think about this?

Bigboyblue
08-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Great idea!! STS needs to implement a free quest line with valuable rewards. Plat shouldn't be the only answer here. As it currently stands unless you spend a large sum of rl money you can't be a full geared player. Plat should only be a quicker means to this end, not the only means.

Serancha
08-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Love you Kali!

Raregem
08-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Wow! This is an awesome idea!

Very well thought out, I just hope all your hard work and planning doesn't fall on deaf ears.

STG you should give him a job!

Wutzgood
08-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Love the idea. Only thing is dragon teeth aren't effected by rerolls like essences. So rerolls won't help if its a secondary drop item. Other than that I like the idea.

Speedofsound
08-02-2014, 04:29 AM
If i saw an idea like this implemented i would truly be happy. Going back and killing every elite boss would give me good flashbacks. :)

Alhuntrazeck
08-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Wow love this idea! Really hope it would be implemented, this game is getting too boring...

GuardianTwo
08-02-2014, 10:39 AM
It should be implemented asap, so that we unemployed farmers now , get something to do :)

Ishtmeet
08-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Very nice idea Kali! This would really be a game changer! I love this and I request mods to implement something like this, please?
I would like to add some more ideas.
As, the rich plat users will just buy those eggs from cs, no matter how much they cost. So given below are some of the idieas that would encourage those people to farm elite and taste the real hard work done in elites by farmers:-
1) Adding Achievement points for No. Of egg crafted: Crafted 1Egg: 100 Ap and a Title, Crafted 3 Eggs 100 Ap and a title, Crafted 5 Eggs: 100 Ap and a Title , Crafted 10 Eggs: 200 Ap and a title
2) Achievement points on the basis of Pet Rarity: Crafting a Legendary pet egg: 50k gold ,100 ap and a title; Crafting a mythic egg: 200k Gold, 200Ap and Title; Crafting Arcane Egg: 1mil gold 350 Ap and a cool Ap+ Un trade able vanity set( Should be a cool one).

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

VanRah
08-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Like always...Kali u rock!

karrdath
08-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Absolutely amazing idea! This would bring so much life back to Arcane Legends. I hope to see this soon. But STS is a business. To see this implemented there would have to be more encouragement to purchase plat. Such as lots of stages of crafting to get the final product. Taking from 2 to 3 days encouraging thise impatient players to buy plat to craft. But absolutely make it free of plat to make the final product. Let's keep this thread active with lots of posts! Yet again another awsome post from Kali!!

Crowsfoot
08-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Adjustments:

1) Eggs are used to craft the recipe itself.
- This guarantees an egg sink so that players don't just liquidate useless recipes before killing a deary.
- Rarity of egg changes odds of getting a more desirable recipe. IE a ripmaw egg is much more likely to create the arcane recipe than a deary egg. However, even the use of an arcane egg doesn't guarantee an arcane recipe.

2) Each recipe is crafted by the alchamist with a 12 hour delay. He will not allow you to restart the quest until this delay period is elapsed and your recipe collected.
-the delay period can only be bypassed with gold. Creating the gold sink you want.

3) I'm against rare spawns. Perhaps add the single use recipes to elite boss loot tables. This is more direct and doesn't require as much coding. Ideally it can be a rare drop unaffected by reroll and doesn't conflict with regular loot. IE how elondria essences drooped except for certain elite bosses only (will take a lot of time to implement, but the best solution IMO).
-Should be for limited times only. Make it a special weekend to add to the rotation.

4) Put a larger focus on ectoplasm. Dragkin teeth are farmed the quickest by running regular wilds (yawn). Powerful items should have a focus on elite.

GoodSyntax
08-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Adjustments:

1) Eggs are used to craft the recipe itself.
- This guarantees an egg sink so that players don't just liquidate useless recipes before killing a deary.
- Rarity of egg changes odds of getting a more desirable recipe. IE a ripmaw egg is much more likely to create the arcane recipe than a deary egg. However, even the use of an arcane egg doesn't guarantee an arcane recipe.

2) Each recipe is crafted by the alchamist with a 12 hour delay. He will not allow you to restart the quest until this delay period is elapsed and your recipe collected.
-the delay period can only be bypassed with gold. Creating the gold sink you want.

3) I'm against rare spawns. Perhaps add the single use recipes to elite boss loot tables. This is more direct and doesn't require as much coding. Ideally it can be a rare drop unaffected by reroll and doesn't conflict with regular loot. IE how elondria essences drooped except for certain elite bosses only (will take a lot of time to implement, but the best solution IMO).
-Should be for limited times only. Make it a special weekend to add to the rotation.

4) Put a larger focus on ectoplasm. Dragkin teeth are farmed the quickest by running regular wilds (yawn). Powerful items should have a focus on elite.

1) Love the adjustment - great idea!!!!

2) I agree with this as well.

3) I support this so long as it isn't TOO rare. I have run Caves literally hundreds and hundreds of times, yet I only received a single Wurmtounge egg, so in my mind, that's a bit too rare. Recipes (at least for the legendary eggs) should be as common as an EGD; otherwise, that would just discourage recipe farming.

4) I sort of agree. The reason why I favored Drakin Teeth is because this is bound to the character. I am purposefully avoiding allowing the wealthy to simply buy up all the ingredients. By using a bound item (like Teeth) you are essentially controlling the widespread availability of the crafted eggs. I would actually lean towards something that is only looted through elites. Farming normal Tindirin is boring and hardly a challenge worthy of a high end pet. Either way, bound items help to restrict flooding of the market, so anything that works towards that end I would support.

Crowsfoot
08-02-2014, 03:11 PM
1) Love the adjustment - great idea!!!!

2) I agree with this as well.

3) I support this so long as it isn't TOO rare. I have run Caves literally hundreds and hundreds of times, yet I only received a single Wurmtounge egg, so in my mind, that's a bit too rare. Recipes (at least for the legendary eggs) should be as common as an EGD; otherwise, that would just discourage recipe farming.

4) I sort of agree. The reason why I favored Drakin Teeth is because this is bound to the character. I am purposefully avoiding allowing the wealthy to simply buy up all the ingredients. By using a bound item (like Teeth) you are essentially controlling the widespread availability of the crafted eggs. I would actually lean towards something that is only looted through elites. Farming normal Tindirin is boring and hardly a challenge worthy of a high end pet. Either way, bound items help to restrict flooding of the market, so anything that works towards that end I would support.
3) was intended to be around what elondria essences were, but only loot able from current cap elite bosses. Since they are single use, increasing this drop rate is reasonable. Recipes shouldn't be bound to the character.

4) I didn't realize ectoplasm was purchasable with plat (lame). We need a new currency that is transferable cap to cap and exclusive to elite bosses. Dragkin teeth are dead.
I agree that a bound currency should be required. It should be required for the egg itself rather than the recipe though since sit will be inevitably difficult to get. You want the quest line to be worth the time, unlike the arena.

nelson131
08-02-2014, 05:35 PM
can the arcane eggs recipies recieved be random? meaning that u could get hj, glacian, singe,nekro, sammy randomly, with a different chance, like nekro and singe the rarest.
and btw, those pics look awesome

karrdath
08-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Keep the post alive!

GoodSyntax
08-02-2014, 08:35 PM
can the arcane eggs recipies recieved be random? meaning that u could get hj, glacian, singe,nekro, sammy randomly, with a different chance, like nekro and singe the rarest.
and btw, those pics look awesome

I don't want to discourage crate opening (they are a necessary evil). The point here is to encourage elite runs and to reward tough grinding!

nelson131
08-02-2014, 09:28 PM
hmmmm, this needs to be in general discussion... it needs more love

Kakashis
08-02-2014, 09:28 PM
After reading this, it's a wonder how STS's Dev team didn't come out with this themselves! I like how the trend here is to encourage elites as that really is the only reason why I still play this game. I fully support these ideas it's an actual fix to the lame ectoplasm quest as that one leads you to a vial worth less than last night's dinner.

+1

KingMartin
08-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Thank you Kali (and Crow) - I really love the idea. It would make the game fun again.

I love the idea of having to farm ALL elite areas. Only - we all know that low level elites are ridiculously easy now. I was thinking maybe of a timer? Only if you kill the boss within certain time it might drop the extra ingredients.

The timer should not be too hard to achieve, but still, it should mKe the low level farming more challenging.

Anyway, excellent idea as always! So proud to be part of ER! :-)

SacredKnight
08-03-2014, 01:58 AM
3) was intended to be around what elondria essences were, but only loot able from current cap elite bosses. Since they are single use, increasing this drop rate is reasonable. Recipes shouldn't be bound to the character.

4) I didn't realize ectoplasm was purchasable with plat (lame). We need a new currency that is transferable cap to cap and exclusive to elite bosses. Dragkin teeth are dead.
I agree that a bound currency should be required. It should be required for the egg itself rather than the recipe though since sit will be inevitably difficult to get. You want the quest line to be worth the time, unlike the arena.

I don't think Ectoplasm is purchasable with plat, it is just that they are so cheap in CS ( Under 20k, last I checked ).

Also, awesome idea!

Alrisaia
08-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Kali,

The question is not: Why haven't STS devs implemented something like this... The question is Why are you not a dev?

++; from me here. wow.

Milan Lame Man
08-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Good idea. Let me adjust :-)
Recipes are really not to be destroyed after use. They can cost like 5k each from the alchemist, whether it's Paracelsus or a random encounter.
The limiting material would be crafted from the bosses. Say the questline would go like this:

1. You farm Stahl's soul, Mother's soul (lol), Klutus's soul etc., and craft them into an Ydra Ghost Summoning Parchment, etc. It should not be tradable.
2. You craft the summoning parchment with 1 or 3 or 10 elite golden chests from that season into the unique ingredient, say Ydra bacteria, huh. This is tradable.
3. You combine the Bacteria with several eggs and gold into a new pet.
Say the Ydra Bacteria will merge Flap Jack, Bop-Bob and Meep-Moop into an awesome Dodo.

You could also combine all 5 Summoning parchments into Arcane bacteria, that's why the parchments should not be tradable. If the arcane pet is comparable to Hammerjaw, the plat players should be able to swallow the existence of a free arcane pet. The bacteria crafting should however need a substantial amount of chests, to keep the price at least in 5m+ range.

Kind/obtain
Locks
Story
Hauntlet
Daily/Klaas
Farm/Chests
Note

Dodo

Meep

Bop
Flap, Flounder
Ydra pet

Ram

Deston

Rocky
Granite, Aspen
Dead City pet

Parrot
McCraw

Jack

Pinfeathers
Kraken pet

Frog
Ethyl

Dauphin
Ribbit, Nexus
Another Kraken pet. Mythic Frog if Gyrm comes back

Spider

Crawly

Wurmtongue, Shadowlurk
Nordr pet. There is still THAT spider egg...

Bat

Uries

Camilla, Malgo
Shuyal pet. Mythic Bat if Vlad comes back

Dragon

Frost, Cinder
Blight, Malison
Tindirin pet. Need a dragon in Teeth shop!

Cat

Koko
Abigail
Kettle
Another good choice

Deer

Nemesio, Colton

Alejandro
Deary, Esteban
Another good choice

Wolf
Orion

Mercury, Kelvin, Vixen
Need more of this kind

Dog

Chase, Cerella
Loki
Need more of this kind

Turtle

Shiloh
Tankton, Bismark

Need more of this kind

Eagle

Talon, Harley, August
Need more of this kind

Rat

Shadowfang, Wrathjaw, Snaggletooth
Need more of this kind

Left out pets that go directly into stable, limited, and arcane pets.
Only 2 owls, Horton (d) and Jahooty (d).
Only 2 comodos, Scorn (l) and Spitfire (f).
Only 2 monkeys, Amy (f) and George (d).
I've never heard of looting Shadowfang, Talon or Amy so it's a qualified guess.

phillyr
08-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Very nice. I like it

Anyona
08-03-2014, 09:48 PM
This is truely an amazing idea and I hope sts pit tjis into the game. I know I will be purchasing more plat if sts start listening to to the players.
+1 to this

carel86
08-03-2014, 10:27 PM
agreeed with this idea. STS please make this idea come true. You Greaaat Kali

Elner
08-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Suggested a new rarity: Unknown Rarity Pet. Check it out. Also great idea.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?167954-NEW-CRAFTING-PET-RARITY-UNKNOWN-a-pet-for-everyone!

Crowsfoot
08-04-2014, 02:50 PM
I don't want to discourage crate opening (they are a necessary evil). The point here is to encourage elite runs and to reward tough grinding!
I'd like to point out that crates were added in the late end of season 2 :rolleyes:

Crowsfoot
08-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Thank you Kali (and Crow) - I really love the idea. It would make the game fun again.

I love the idea of having to farm ALL elite areas. Only - we all know that low level elites are ridiculously easy now. I was thinking maybe of a timer? Only if you kill the boss within certain time it might drop the extra ingredients.

The timer should not be too hard to achieve, but still, it should mKe the low level farming more challenging.

Anyway, excellent idea as always! So proud to be part of ER! :-)
The timer is difficult to implement, and would likely cause many unintended glitches.

What STG should have done with elite, IMO, is allow entry to the elite maps from previous seasons but allow scaling up to the current cap. This also opens up a market for twink gear.

Anarchist
08-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Bumping it cause it deserves attention. More attention.

mishafeng
08-06-2014, 05:19 PM
-.- the gem idea i just had and put im my thread! ugh oh well lol

UndeadJudge
08-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Wow..this is one of the beat ideas I've ever seen posted! Currently, I'm not too thrilled about elite farming, and heck haven't even capped my main basically because I just see hardly reward from elites. But this definitely encourages elite farming a lot, and I would love to play content like this.

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
08-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Editing the main post to include suggested edits and then stating so in the comments is a nice way to get people to reread the main post. Thus, more issues are seen and adjusted. It is also an easy way to bump your thread (don't judge ;))

Soundlesskill
08-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Omg, I love you..

GoodSyntax
08-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Updated OP to include some new suggestions (thanks Crow)

Zuzeq
08-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Yup , taught em everything he knows...lol. Good job brother, Prime idea.

Crowsfoot
08-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Thank, we should all read the OP again ;)

Ishtmeet
08-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Bumping it cause it deserves attention. More attention.

Free bump kali.
This really needs to be implemented!

Raregem
08-12-2014, 12:49 AM

Still Love it :) bumping..

Devs at least let us know you've seen this please, Kali deserves that much for this amazing idea.

Zuzeq
08-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Read it again ... still a Prime idea. Still looking for a "We will look into something like this" or "Naw"

karrdath
08-13-2014, 12:06 PM
I don't know why they are ignoring this

GoodSyntax
08-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Well, it seems like STS has checked out from the community completely of late.

I actually took a drastic step and installed Order & Chaos. I'm at the point where I'm starting to consider other games, since this one has gotten stagnant, and it is clearly turning into a P2W. I had hoped that someone....anyone, would have replied from the STS camp, and told us that a new gear stagger was in the works for elites, but that isn't the case and at this point, I am losing hope.

MoloToha
08-13-2014, 12:35 PM

I actually took a drastic step and installed Order & Chaos. I'm at the point where I'm starting to consider other games, since this one has gotten stagnant, and it is clearly turning into a P2W. I had hoped that someone....anyone, would have replied from the STS camp, and told us that a new gear stagger was in the works for elites, but that isn't the case and at this point, I am losing hope.

Yeah, it is reasonable to start searching for something better, but there is a little ray of hope coming with Planar Tombs and Arena upgrade. If they fail, we'll move to other games, leaving AL as a secondary one or completely behind. Btw, try Heroes of Atlan - if you like turn-based RPG's, this one will definitely catch your eye (also, exclusive currency is obtained by completing event quests, so there is almost no need to donate real cash for essential things).

Pandamoni
08-13-2014, 12:47 PM

I think this was a valiant effort and amazing amount of thought obviously went into it.

Your answer to your question is in the title of your post. There is no reason to reward elite farmers because we are not an asset. The pvp players are typically the ones popping insane amount of locks to avoid spending time farming for gold. The pve player in this game is not valuable to stg and, therefore, is not important enough to create content for nor reward at all. Stg sold its soul to the devil right around the time we saw "Vinny" enter the scene (you'll know what I'm talking about if you played PL). A group of people who made a game for the love of gaming sadly lost the focus and the old guard of players has been hanging on as long as possible, hoping that the writing on the wall isn't as it seems--hoping that creating a great game is the ultimate goal (or, at the very least, nearly as important as bleeding the customer dry for stale content). I think your efforts have been nothing short of amazing, Kali, and I'm sorry that STG has decided that people who cheat the system, create a community that warrants a chat filter so restrictive that you can't even converse regularly, and virtually destroyed forums with pvp drama are the people they want to cater to. Sad day, indeed.

My ign in oac is loveliest (case sensitive). Hope to see you there, old friend.

Zuzeq
08-13-2014, 12:56 PM

If someone that loves the game as much as you is giving up what are casual players suppose to do ? ...smh

Remiem
08-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Hey Kali!

We've seen it and LOVE your ideas. I apologize for the lack of actual response. I was hoping to wait and see what kind of traction it gained with the devs rather something as simple as "Thanks for the feedback! I'll pass it along." The next content coming for Arcane Legends will be the Planar Tombs, which is Elite content and will have lots of new gear including a new mythic pendant. We hope this will provide some fun and challenging farming objectives for you while we consider what will come next.

Thank you again for being such a valuable member of the community, and please keep the ideas coming. :)

Ishtmeet
08-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Hey Kali!

We've seen it and LOVE your ideas. I apologize for the lack of actual response. I was hoping to wait and see what kind of traction it gained with the devs rather something as simple as "Thanks for the feedback! I'll pass it along." The next content coming for Arcane Legends will be the Planar Tombs, which is Elite content and will have lots of new gear including a new mythic pendant. We hope this will provide some fun and challenging farming objectives for you while we consider what will come next.

Thank you again for being such a valuable member of the community, and please keep the ideas coming. :)

Finally!
Thanks for the reply Remi!

fiftyonecents
08-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Finally!
Thanks for the reply Remi!

finally and ( thanks to remi for her reply !!)

hahahahaha .......got you ish.

Candylicks
08-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Hey Kali!

We get that sts is busy with planar and the new client with guild management. However, Kali's sentiment is shared among all the PvE players. We want something farm-able and obtainable from Tind elite. Something without an arcane component we can't get our hands on. Us Pve players are either 1. Quitting for o&c or 2. Logging in briefly for social and logging back off. If Kali's suggestion is too complicated, how about upping the current mag stats a little? Adding in something different from tooth vendor? Boss drop only vanity? We aren't asking for anything super complicated, just a little cookie for the PvE players so we have incentive to stick with AL until the new season?

I mean, arena will be rad and we are grateful... But don't neglect the elite maps either.

GoodSyntax
08-13-2014, 03:37 PM
We get that sts is busy with planar and the new client with guild management. However, Kali's sentiment is shared among all the PvE players. We want something farm-able and obtainable from Tind elite. Something without an arcane component we can't get our hands on. Us Pve players are either 1. Quitting for o&c or 2. Logging in briefly for social and logging back off. If Kali's suggestion is too complicated, how about upping the current mag stats a little? Adding in something different from tooth vendor? Boss drop only vanity? We aren't asking for anything super complicated, just a little cookie for the PvE players so we have incentive to stick with AL until the new season?

I mean, arena will be rad and we are grateful... But don't neglect the elite maps either.

Out of thanks, so.....Thanks! :eagerness:

Gorecaster
08-13-2014, 06:12 PM
This is a well thought out post relating directly to the main source of income for most AL players. Many circles seem to be drawn around this topic but it's unfortunately a ways back on a really long to-do list. We can only hope that elite farming will once again be beneficial not only to the individual player but the community as a whole.

Sorcerie
08-14-2014, 07:39 AM
I can't possibly say anything else that hasn't already been said, but I will say this...

A developer once called Kalizza the, "Einstein of Arcane Legends"

This is why, people.

Listen to Arlors Einstein, only good will come of it.

j3peaz
08-14-2014, 10:36 AM
+101 to this well thought out idea.

With all the awesome ideas that include incentive for players and reason to spend plat, why does Sts need to make their own ideas for Content. I love the free events and look forward to the arena and tombs but I can't shake this feeling most of the content is geared towards plat spenders. I get they are the revenue stream but it just makes me feel like the pve players are only a tool or toy for plat spenders to play with. Sorry for rant. Again I hope to see this idea of any of the other awesome ideas in game

Kreasadriii
08-14-2014, 11:33 AM
How briliant ^^

Rare
08-15-2014, 08:50 AM
This idea sucks

Disclaimer: I'm only saying that so all this praise doesn't go to his head.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

GoodSyntax
08-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Doesn't matter, elites are officially dead.

The new arena is dropping Elite Golden Dragonchests, one of the 4 items of any decent value from elites.

So, elite runs.....it's been nice knowing you.

MoloToha
08-15-2014, 09:28 AM

The new arena is dropping Elite Golden Dragonchests, one of the 4 items of any decent value from elites.

Besides, what did they drop aside of shard? Something legendary?

GoodSyntax
08-15-2014, 11:09 AM
I didn't loot it, but I did see a new armor that is superior to Magma dropping from the arena. Stat-wise, it is comparable to Druid/Spirit.

Kakashis
08-15-2014, 11:29 AM

Pretty much. Hopefully tombs will be enough to sustain elites! New mythic pendent better not drop from a chest -_-

Zynzyn
08-16-2014, 02:39 AM
Good idea. +1

Another suggestion...The gems from Tarlok season are almost finishing up. It would be nice for us to have a new kind of gem - perhaps an Arlorian Diamond or Ruby - that boosts stats of gear and is OR the essences of which are obtained through farming either for a few days or permanently.

As Madnex suggested in a post in another thread "gems that reduce skill cooldowns, add chance to proc self-heal, chance to poison the enemy while you get hit, etc." would add variation to builds and would also be nice loot for elite farmers.

Also, a farmable pet which adds loot reroll chance for example 2-5% luck, could also be added to the loot table in elites.

Soundlesskill
08-16-2014, 06:06 AM

Noooo, you're literally one of my favorite forumers of this game. I don't know you much in game, but on forums, you've made so many suggestions and so many contest and just in general good threadsz you can't quit! :(

"Nicest Players in AL" has been around ever since I retired about 1 year ago. I wish AL had more players like you :(

Caabatric
08-18-2014, 03:44 PM
It takes 3 words to sum this up: best idea ever

faris6470
08-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

faris6470
08-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Wow nice work ur should get the oscar price for this bro and sts must do ur request or keep it in mind, for writing those meaning full words its took from u a very worth full time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callmemr
08-27-2014, 04:50 AM
Really hope, this time sts will think about this suggestion.

Kristianch
08-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Man this is some great stuff! Wish it really happened!

dnuunuu777
08-29-2014, 08:21 AM
Good Job man !

karrdath
11-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Why did this idea get buried away?

Yumisa
11-16-2014, 05:14 PM
I agree to this ^^

Farminer's
11-16-2014, 06:06 PM
I agree to this sts make this a thing!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Kakashis
11-18-2014, 05:37 AM
Well after reading up on your ideas again and relating them to the current system, it appears that yes, some of the crafting ideas came to light, just that at the same time they also implemented the full arcade quarters continue system. It's as if they took your ideas and cashed in on them. I'm pretty disappointed because to loot any of the crafting elements will ultimately cost real money and/or most of your gold savings in the game.

The irony is that if you have 100m+ gold in gears, it will cost you less gold to run as the bosses will die faster costing less anks! Before it was just time you saved as pots were always less than a few grand per run, now it's literally money as each death = 3k!

From someone who has also played from the beginning, I too see that it's pay to play at the moment and I understand why kali has decided to leave us as the intellectual and skill factor has been taken completely out of the game play. There is no satisfaction after killing a boss as you almost feel cheated out of the kill by using revive hacks.

Dex Scene
11-20-2014, 02:19 PM
Rename yourself with Goodideas!
How come you come up with the great ideas?
Nice one! Love it.
Would love to see the old times where my guildmates and friends used to gather together to run elites.
I noticed its a quite old post but I missed it. My bad!!!

GoodSyntax
02-10-2015, 08:15 PM
This was my inspiration for the Tour of Arlor event....

I just think that the old elite maps are essentially empty 99% of the time with the exception of the newly capped players that are just trying to get APs.

In their time, most elite maps were fun and challenging, which is why I wanted to rekindle some interest in running there again!

Enterradora
02-11-2015, 03:58 AM
This was my inspiration for the Tour of Arlor event....

I just think that the old elite maps are essentially empty 99% of the time with the exception of the newly capped players that are just trying to get APs.

In their time, most elite maps were fun and challenging, which is why I wanted to rekindle some interest in running there again!

I think before do that they should solve lagg issues in elites.

Its go to elite tindirin and after 2-3 runs in a row the lagg is there; spikes, dc's, etc...

btw good idea