PDA

View Full Version : Wow, you guys just fixed those pvp leaders (look inside)

TwinkTastical
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
You just secured every pvp kd booster, whos currently on, a spot on the leaders, well played.

Jespo
01-14-2011, 04:24 PM
yea i think the pvp k/d r needs to be reset

edit: someone could still boost in a locked game though...

Arterra
01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
honestly almost all of them are boosters. those who are not wont mind, since it means they get the chance to actually rise up themselves.

Kossi
01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
definite reset..or jsut remove it :P

Kossi
01-14-2011, 04:26 PM
make a poll twink: Remove Pvp K/d leaderboard?

Arterra
01-14-2011, 04:32 PM
nahh remove? no reason. just reset.

Kossi
01-14-2011, 04:34 PM
and how do you reset? just remove all their kills?

Cabero
01-14-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't get it? If they bail now they get a death count how does that help them? They can't boost anymore unless they do it in a locked game.

Kossi
01-14-2011, 04:37 PM
noone else can,either, making them permenant holders

Pharcyde
01-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't get it? If they bail now they get a death count how does that help them? They can't boost anymore unless they do it in a locked game.

Make locked games not count officially to player PvP stats. Only public matches should count towards that.

Arterra
01-14-2011, 04:44 PM
i think they will not reset leaderboards until they make their STS hosted pvp games, like asommers mentioned. until then, just mash em when you see em.

Cabero
01-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Make locked games not count officially to player PvP stats. Only public matches should count towards that.

I agree 100% that's the way it should have been always. Gives people (non boosters) a chance to experiment new strategies with friends without affecting their regular stats.

noone else can,either, making them permenant holders

Not trying to be rude. But you just made it sound like you mean now the non boosters can't boost to catch up. I'm sure you didn't mean it I but still don't get it.

Zerious
01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
you could implement giving a death to any pvper who leaves before the fight is over?

Just an idea, but then there are still the leavers. I could tolerate them because they'll eventually slip and get killed a couple times

Arterra
01-14-2011, 05:05 PM
they did :S unless you die, if you leave within 10 sec of a battle, count as running away, and dying

Cabero
01-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Actually I'm not that concerned with leaderboards because I know I will never make it on there. :o But pvp will be 100 times better for me because people won't be bailing every 5 secs and I will have more chances to actually kill some one lol

Zerious
01-14-2011, 05:07 PM
im talking in general... I know people don't like the sound of that, but it'll knock boosters down if they reset the leaderboards... Although wouldn't that mean reseting everyone's records?

Arterra
01-14-2011, 05:09 PM
you mean once you die, and you are tired of dying, you leave and get ANOTHER DEATH? lol
i want to be able to escape PvP if I can see there is no chance whatsoever. i will not be the fodder for someone else's rankings, let the "elites" fight each other for the honor. not kill off a bunch of lowbies.

Cabero
01-14-2011, 05:11 PM
im talking in general... I know people don't like the sound of that, but it'll knock boosters down if they reset the leaderboards... Although wouldn't that mean reseting everyone's records?

If they reset the leaderboards they have to reset everyone's stats or the that was on top would just be there again making it pointless to do it.

Zerious
01-14-2011, 05:12 PM
you mean once you die, and you are tired of dying, you leave and get ANOTHER DEATH? lol
i want to be able to escape PvP if I can see there is no chance whatsoever. i will not be the fodder for someone else's rankings, let the "elites" fight each other for the honor. not kill off a bunch of lowbies.

Well would you rather take one death and go, or get slaughtered to the end?

TwinkTastical
01-14-2011, 05:12 PM
If they reset the leaderboards they have to reset everyone's stats or the that was on top would just be there again making it pointless to do it.

Or give them 100 deaths each.

Cabero
01-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Well would you rather take one death and go, or get slaughtered to the end?

Very good point lol!

Zerious
01-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Or give them 100 deaths each.

sounds good but perhaps too harsh?

TwinkTastical
01-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Very good point lol!

Why is the skeleton being stretched on a rack... that doesnt seem fun!

TwinkTastical
01-14-2011, 05:14 PM
sounds good but perhaps too harsh?

Banned for defending boosters.

Cabero
01-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Why is the skeleton being stretched on a rack... that doesnt seem fun!

lol It's part of a screen inside the crypts. I just thought it look good and showed a sign of being tuff and mobs fearing my wrath lol only thing I could think of to fill that side of the Sig so it didn't look so bland lol I'm no design artist lol

Edit you know my guilds is called The "Elite" Immortals can't make the Sig look all wimpy now can I? :p

Zerious
01-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Banned for defending boosters.

not defending just saying.... ah fk you and your logic twink... +1

Kujen
01-14-2011, 05:23 PM
I don't pvp (yet), but wasn't it mentioned that you only get a death if you leave during the fight? But if you have not hit or been hit within a certain number of seconds, you're free to leave?

Arterra
01-14-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't pvp (yet), but wasn't it mentioned that you only get a death if you leave during the fight? But if you have not hit or been hit within a certain number of seconds, you're free to leave?

yep. 10 second peace unless you just died and you are free to go.

Jespo
01-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Im sure that there is a wy to reset leaderboards without touching the k/d.

Zerious
01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Im sure that there is a wy to reset leaderboards without touching the k/d.

if you can think of a way do tell, otherwise it sounds like everyone's losing their kills and deaths throughout the system

lce
01-14-2011, 06:40 PM
If Boosters create a locked game for more than 30mins-1hr the devs should unleash hell in that game by summoning all the bosses and killing both to give them 1 death :) or maybe a droid who looks innocent and when you wave at him he wont give you antennas he strikes you down *pimp slap* KO.

KingFu
01-14-2011, 06:47 PM
and how do you reset? just remove all their kills?

Everyone starts at 0-0 for k/d/r, not kills and deaths, just k/d/r, and they start counting from this point on.

TwinkTastical
01-15-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't mind a reset. Since so many people are whining about the names on PVP KD.

Reset and suggest all the ideas you all think will help to prevent boosting and ask devs to implement it.

I will be up there again. It just takes time. Just like PVE KD.

Youll reboost, but ill find you and make you leave... trust me, i will.

Lesrider
01-15-2011, 12:33 PM
I liked the idea someone suggested about locked pvp games not counting towards your k/d count. I would love to be able to practice with friends without it affecting my count. I'd be more likely to start playing pvp. Would also prevent people from easily boosting (unless they do 1v1 I guess).
Someone wanna start a new thread to suggest that?

TwinkTastical
01-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Same thinking as Mysticaldream. Only assuming it's possible by boosting only. *sighs*

Lol... So you left at half hp 400 times, got ot

Kujen
01-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Is there not a way for devs to ban boosters from the leaderboards? Not their characters, just their ability to go on the leaderboards. Like if they know for sure they are boosting, just remove their name from the leaderboards and make it where they can never show on it again?