PDA

View Full Version : excessive damage from ancient caverns mobs

Fusionstrike
08-01-2014, 11:28 AM
The new expansion is nice, but the mobs need some tuning. The bosses seem ok from the experience I've had so far, but the normal mobs seem to have too much damage. Running the place with any non-str based char is pretty rough. It reminds me of Humania, getting one-shot all over the place any time I dare to use an int mage or dex bird.

I think the normal mob damage output needs to be dialed back a little to give the squishier classes a fighting chance. It would make the teamwork much more viable to clear packs of foes than now, where the non-str chars need to stay out of the room or spend their whole time spamming heal potions (and still die anyway).

Also, the dust storm mobs have insanely high health. They take forever to beat down but do relatively no damage, so it's just like a speed bump getting in the way of otherwise more interesting combat.

smokester
08-01-2014, 11:32 AM
the dust storm mobs dont count towards the enemy count but they do give you exp

synfullmagic_23110
08-01-2014, 12:20 PM
the dust storm mobs dont count towards the enemy count but they do give you exp

They give more XP than rhe regular mobs too

Samhayne
08-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Bring a tank ?

Charmstrange
08-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Bring a tank ?
Team play ftw

Impact
08-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Bring a tank ?

this, pve is team work not buy elixir and solo all mobs...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Fusionstrike
08-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Bring a tank ?

It's not even possible to enter the room, tank or no, when they cluster up. They literally blast you before you can react no matter how careful you are are to let others go first. It's the same problem Humania still has to this day with the crazy high aoe damage yetis. So yeah, "bring a tank" is not the answer. I'm well aware of how to play the game. You guys turned these mobs up too high.

Ssneakykills
08-01-2014, 01:49 PM
The new expansion is nice, but the mobs need some tuning. The bosses seem ok from the experience I've had so far, but the normal mobs seem to have too much damage. Running the place with any non-str based char is pretty rough. It reminds me of Humania, getting one-shot all over the place any time I dare to use an int mage or dex bird.

I think the normal mob damage output needs to be dialed back a little to give the squishier classes a fighting chance. It would make the teamwork much more viable to clear packs of foes than now, where the non-str chars need to stay out of the room or spend their whole time spamming heal potions (and still die anyway).

Also, the dust storm mobs have insanely high health. They take forever to beat down but do relatively no damage, so it's just like a speed bump getting in the way of otherwise more interesting combat.

Coudnt of said it better myself dude 1+

AvidLegend
08-01-2014, 01:55 PM
It's not even possible to enter the room, tank or no, when they cluster up. They literally blast you before you can react no matter how careful you are are to let others go first. It's the same problem Humania still has to this day with the crazy high aoe damage yetis. So yeah, "bring a tank" is not the answer. I'm well aware of how to play the game. You guys turned these mobs up too high.

I have had no problems

XghostzX
08-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Bring a tank ?

Haha this is great.

Oldcoot
08-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Did someone call for a super tank?

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q781/oldcootxx/48DEA027-0996-4CA2-94BA-1274F87B1562_zpseoswezwu.png (http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/oldcootxx/media/48DEA027-0996-4CA2-94BA-1274F87B1562_zpseoswezwu.png.html)

DocDoBig
08-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Bring a tank ?

Problem is, even the tank gets one-shot killed.

Somemager
08-01-2014, 03:09 PM
I was just in a game of 3 bears and all they did was bash the mobs left and right on the walls which i found hilarious because 99% of this game cant pull XD

synfullmagic_23110
08-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Bear is the best choice for this campaign

Covert
08-01-2014, 03:50 PM
I think mobs should require teamwork but one hitting isn't fun either, esp when bears can't keep aggro even with their taunts

Also the tornados srsly need an HP reduction

And why are big golems/ bosses immune to knock backs? Since it's a reused SSC I expect everything to be the same dangit!

Burningdex
08-01-2014, 05:03 PM
my god... wheres ellyidol and mr wallace when u need them :(

killinclaw
08-01-2014, 05:30 PM
They are tougher than other maps, but idk, I kind of like it like that. Just me that's all.

Perf
08-01-2014, 08:58 PM
my god... wheres ellyidol and mr wallace when u need them :(

Yeah cause standing to a wall and pressing a skill is hard hmm... Yeah yeah I know, its like harder than maths exams yeah!

Aveea
08-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Bring a tank ?
Bear is back! Certain death to all those Rambo Mages! Lol * Props to Hank

Luca Alessandro Bamba
08-02-2014, 02:34 AM
The mobs are ok but they can be still kited separately, and the bosses dont have any new mechanics and are kiteable themselves making the new maps soloable even by birda on combo. I'm disappointed that we dont have any new elite hard map like slayer.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9105P utilizzando Tapatalk

Burningdex
08-02-2014, 03:02 AM
Yeah cause standing to a wall and pressing a skill is hard hmm... Yeah yeah I know, its like harder than maths exams yeah!

you would be suprised how many bears run behind the ,ages and dont spam taunt tho maybe its different in endgame idk

synfullmagic_23110
08-02-2014, 03:30 AM
you would be suprised how many bears run behind the ,ages and dont spam taunt tho maybe its different in endgame idk

End game is wurs

Armourslash
08-02-2014, 08:39 AM
I think mobs should require teamwork but one hitting isn't fun either, esp when bears can't keep aggro even with their taunts

Also the tornados srsly need an HP reduction

And why are big golems/ bosses immune to knock backs? Since it's a reused SSC I expect everything to be the same dangit!
Nope wont happen, it will just result in more people quitting like some have already becasuse of the xp needed to cap.

largecommand
08-02-2014, 09:59 AM

Same reason why you can't pull or move a 100ton golem...logics...?

Fusionstrike
08-02-2014, 12:00 PM
I've done some more experimenting with the unexpected instant death that seems to happen. I was playing on my rhino and noticed that sometimes after I hit my heal, I don't see my health charge up the way I'm used to. This was very weird because that's one of the nice things about rhino: heal makes health regen very high for a few seconds, helping withstand a barrage of attacks (i.e. tank better). But I noticed that my health bar was stopped completely, even though my savage set has base 42 H/s and with regen on it shoots up to 80+.

It turns out the the culprit is this guy.

When this guy hits you with his flying boulder (I guess it's the golem form of magic attack) it messes up you H/s and M/s. I caught it in the act on another char:

That negative health is 85 points below the normal H/s for that char.

This is what happens when you unexpectedly die super fast. I'm not sure if negative health regen actually causes health to go down constantly (i.e. reverse heal) or just "turns off" the regen you're used to. Either way the massive "un-heal" penalty is what messes things up and leads to the quick death phenomenon people are seeing.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but it's a pretty lame way to instant kill people. STS should really fix this.

killinclaw
08-02-2014, 01:01 PM
I'm curious, why does he only have 9 dodge and 47 armor?

synfullmagic_23110
08-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Yes ikr I noticed that too the regen debug is insane lol

synfullmagic_23110
08-02-2014, 04:18 PM
I've done some more experimenting with the unexpected instant death that seems to happen. I was playing on my rhino and noticed that sometimes after I hit my heal, I don't see my health charge up the way I'm used to. This was very weird because that's one of the nice things about rhino: heal makes health regen very high for a few seconds, helping withstand a barrage of attacks (i.e. tank better). But I noticed that my health bar was stopped completely, even though my savage set has base 42 H/s and with regen on it shoots up to 80+.

It turns out the the culprit is this guy.

When this guy hits you with his flying boulder (I guess it's the golem form of magic attack) it messes up you H/s and M/s. I caught it in the act on another char:

That negative health is 85 points below the normal H/s for that char.

This is what happens when you unexpectedly die super fast. I'm not sure if negative health regen actually causes health to go down constantly (i.e. reverse heal) or just "turns off" the regen you're used to. Either way the massive "un-heal" penalty is what messes things up and leads to the quick death phenomenon people are seeing.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but it's a pretty lame way to instant kill people. STS should really fix this.

No it just really lowers how muh u regen so u don't even regen at all I been experiencing this on Mage when I ms and they are dead my mama doesn't come back and than I noticed that my regen was about -68

Fusionstrike
08-02-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm curious, why does he only have 9 dodge and 47 armor?

Yeah, good question. I didn't even notice that over the negative regen. That's like 100 lower than normal. Maybe it's a massive armor debuff in addition? That would certainly help explain why people get steamrolled out of the blue if they're getting hit by all those effects at once. I took the screenshot after being hit by a single foe (I was careful to pull only one), so this is not stacked debuffs but one guy doing all this simultaneously.

tarlan
08-02-2014, 09:02 PM
i commented on this in another thread, I actually really like the combat since it is a bit more challenging

but why farm here vs plasma pyramid, mega maze, or blacksmoke

if the mobs/bosses had a higher xp multiplier here it would be more rewarding and encouraging to get people to play here

Somemager
08-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Solution : Cap in blacksmoke xp is the same and way faster.

Riccits
08-04-2014, 03:19 AM
Bring a tank ?

thats right, but new 77 gear should have better stats than 75 one, ancient caverns are way harder to go through than BSM, there should be a relation gear<=>enemeys

Fusionstrike
08-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Here's a little more info about the caverns mobs.

The ones I originally highlighted seem to do the regen and armor debuff the most often. I've also seen the big golems be able to do it too, although it seems to happen less often. If you see the "broken sword" icon appear on you, it means you're debuffed. Unfortunately, you can't always see when it hits you since only the first 5 effects show up, and those with thrashers will never see it because all slots are taken by the various elixirs.

In any event, if you get debuffed, you need to start pounding health potions and running away as quickly as you can, or else just resign yourself to needing a rev. Hitting heal on yourself can help (for rhino and mage) but with no health regen it's only going to buy you a second or two to retreat.

The armor debuff seems to take about 150 points away. For a typical savage/swift/fiery set user (the majority leveling there now), this armor level is the equivalent of armor between L55 and L60 sets (so basically a little lower than demonic). This is why you find yourself suddenly dead when things were going just fine a second ago. You wouldn't expect to last very long in a L60 set, but that's what you have when you get hit with this debuff.

The only viable way to deal with this is to kill the mage golems as quickly as possible. The team should focus on them first, focusing damage and stuns as much as possible. One mistake I see is teams getting locked on big golems or sand storms, which soak up damage for a long time while the little golems stand around hitting their debuffs. Players must pay attention and focus on the weaker small golems, especially the mage ones, since they are by far the most dangerous. Despite Samhayne's flippant response, tanks are not the answer, since they're just as dead at -150 armor and no health regen, and they certainly don't hold aggro anywhere near well enough anyway.

STS needs to tune down this debuff to make the area playable for all builds. This one debuff is the reason non-str builds are just farming deaths by playing this area. Without this extreme debuff, standard strategies for weaker builds to stay out of trouble would become workable again.

Edit: Further testing has shown me that all the golems are capable of the massive armor debuff, not just the magic ones. I also made sure to have fewer than 5 effect indicators on (so I could see the debuff) but found that my armor could be reduced without any indicator (e.g. no "broken sword" or anything else showing up). So pretty much anything in the caverns can steal your armor at any time, and there's no reliable indicator that it has happened until you start losing unusually high chunks of health.

tarlan
08-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Solution : Cap in blacksmoke xp is the same and way faster.

so in other words dont play the "new" area
thankz for help

synfullmagic_23110
08-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Here's a little more info about the caverns mobs.

The ones I originally highlighted seem to do the regen and armor debuff the most often. I've also seen the big golems be able to do it too, although it seems to happen less often. If you see the "broken sword" icon appear on you, it means you're debuffed. Unfortunately, you can't always see when it hits you since only the first 5 effects show up, and those with thrashers will never see it because all slots are taken by the various elixirs.

In any event, if you get debuffed, you need to start pounding health potions and running away as quickly as you can, or else just resign yourself to needing a rev. Hitting heal on yourself can help (for rhino and mage) but with no health regen it's only going to buy you a second or two to retreat.

The armor debuff seems to take about 150 points away. For a typical savage/swift/fiery set user (the majority leveling there now), this armor level is the equivalent of armor between L55 and L60 sets (so basically a little lower than demonic). This is why you find yourself suddenly dead when things were going just fine a second ago. You wouldn't expect to last very long in a L60 set, but that's what you have when you get hit with this debuff.

The only viable way to deal with this is to kill the mage golems as quickly as possible. The team should focus on them first, focusing damage and stuns as much as possible. One mistake I see is teams getting locked on big golems or sand storms, which soak up damage for a long time while the little golems stand around hitting their debuffs. Players must pay attention and focus on the weaker small golems, especially the mage ones, since they are by far the most dangerous. Despite Samhayne's flippant response, tanks are not the answer, since they're just as dead at -150 armor and no health regen, and they certainly don't hold aggro anywhere near well enough anyway.

STS needs to tune down this debuff to make the area playable for all builds. This one debuff is the reason non-str builds are just farming deaths by playing this area. Without this extreme debuff, standard strategies for weaker builds to stay out of trouble would become workable again.

Edit: Further testing has shown me that all the golems are capable of the massive armor debuff, not just the magic ones. I also made sure to have fewer than 5 effect indicators on (so I could see the debuff) but found that my armor could be reduced without any indicator (e.g. no "broken sword" or anything else showing up). So pretty much anything in the caverns can steal your armor at any time, and there's no reliable indicator that it has happened until you start losing unusually high chunks of health.

I also think rebuffs stack cause I had -140 hp regen

Fusionstrike
08-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Yeah I don't always see the same armor and regen reduction (sometimes much larger than others) so I agree with you that they must stack. Oh, and the broken sword indicator I mentioned earlier is a different debuff (reduced damage I presume), so there's no indicator at all for the big armor/regen destroyer.