PDA

View Full Version : Questions of Gear Worthiness

breachedmoral
01-14-2011, 05:06 PM
So my question is, can anyone critically explain why which of these is more favorable?

Right now I am approaching the 25 mark. I enjoy pvp a lot, and plan on resting at 29 for a while.

I am having trouble deciding which pieces to go with for my set up.

level 25 Wicked Winker of the Owl : (Epic)
5 int, 2% Crit, 2 M/s, 2 Damage, 10 Armor

level 25 Winter Festival Ornament: (Legendary)
4 int, 2% hit, 2M/s, 5 Damage, 9 armor

level 25 Skull Bracer of Master: (Legendary)
6 int, 2% dodge, 3% hit, 1% crit, 2H/s, 2M/s, 9 armor

These roughly cost the same in market, and most often the pinks cost more, but I generally don't know why.

I am using an epic level 25 christmas wand until I can afford a pink one for a reasonable price, and am having to choose a shield, I think the ornament is best provided I can find one but, my dilemma is common amongst a lot of items.

Do 1int, 2% dodge, 3%hit, 2H/s really outweigh 1% crit 2 damage and 1 armor? (comparing the non-winter items)

1 int i would think is almost a negligible difference. For pure int the extra damage would be better used,

and for main stat int, with a trailing dex, as I am even 2% dodge isn't that much an increase is it?

I am already resting at about 85% hit though, and my overall h/s regen isn't so high that 2H/s is going to do anything in a battle that you die a few hits in. Plus I would heal while in transit anyways.

So.. why is the pink classified as better?

Next,

Dreamer's Bone Staff - lvl 29 (pink)
59-75 Damage, 1.2 Speed, 7 int, 1% Dodge, 3% hit, 2% crit, 2H/s, 3M/s 2 Armor

Winter Festival Toy Man Wand - lvl 25 (pink)
55-81, 1.2 speed, 4 int, 2% hit, 2m/s

Dreamer's Gem Staff of Lightning - lvl 25 (pink)
43-75 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 7 int, 1% Dodge, 3% hit, 2% crit, 2h/s, 3 M/s

From what I understand... The Wand will far out damage the bone staff and with the introduction of a shield I could have the same extra stats it gives and more.

Next, why the heck is the gem staff so expensive?? it is .1 second faster than the other two items.. so between that and rarity is is vastly more expensive????

So in result, what is the best set-up for, well any realm really, survivability, damage and so forth, and WHICH shield (damage,crit oriented or h/s,dodge,hit,int) is better and why?

Type 1 - Winter Festival Toy Man Wand + Winter Festival Ornament
55-81, 1.2 speed, 8 int, 4% hit, 4m/s, 5 Damage, 9 armor

Type 2 - Winter Festival Toy Man Wand + Skull Bracer of Master
55-81, 1.2 speed, 10 int, 5% hit, 1% crit, 2h/s, 4m/s, 2% dodge, 9 armor

Type 3 - Winter Festival Toy Man Wand + Wicked Winker of the Owl
55-81, 1.2 speed, 9 int, 2% hit, 2% crit, 4m/s, 2 Damage, 10 Armor

Type 4 - Dreamer's Gem Staff of Lightning
43-75, 1.1 Speed, 7 int, 3% hit, 2% crit, 2h/s, 3 M/s, 1% Dodge,

Arterra
01-14-2011, 05:26 PM
better call TT.

TT!

Lesrider
01-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Omg I never heard of the "Wicked Winker," but totally read that wrong the first time.

breachedmoral
01-14-2011, 05:47 PM
So throwing a little more information across the board, I definitely found out that staffs don't make their damage giving debut until later levels. In the early levels, they are kinda ruled out by the holiday items.

Moreso, I made two gear builds, one focusing on +Damage, and the other on Indirect stats (dodge hit and so on)

Here is what I got:

Damage oriented
Winter Festival Toy Man Wand 55-81 1.2
4int, 2%hit, 2m/s
Ice Mage snowcap of the owl
5 int, 2% crit, 2m/s, 2 damage, 7 armor
bone cloth of the owl
5 int, 2% crit, 2m/s, 2 damage, 16 armor
winter festival festive ornament
4 int, 2% hit, 2m/s, 5 damage, 9 armor

Total 55-81 1.2
18 int, 4% crit, 4% hit, 8m/s, 9 damage, 32 armor

Indirect orientated
4int, 2%hit, 2m/s
Dreamers elven helmet
7 int, 1% dodge, 3% hit, 2% crit, 2h/s, 3m/s, 6 armor
Dreamer's bone cloth
7 int, 1% dodge, 3% hit, 2% crit, 2h/s, 3 m/s, 16 armor
Skull Bracer of Mastery (lvl 29 has +2 armor)
7 int, 2% dodge, 3% hit, 1% crit, 2h/s, 2m/s, 11 armor

Total 55-81 1.2
25 int, 4% dodge, 11% hit, 5% crit, 6h/s, 10m/s, 33 armor

Difference
Damage compared to indirect
-7 int, -4% dodge, -1% crit, -7% hit, -6h/s, -2m/s, +9 damage, -1 armor

+9 Damage to lose all of that?

Now the:

Hybrid orientated
4int, 2%hit, 2m/s
Dreamers elven helmet
7 int, 1% dodge, 3% hit, 2% crit, 2h/s, 3m/s, 6 armor
Dreamer's bone cloth
7 int, 1% dodge, 3% hit, 2% crit, 2h/s, 3 m/s, 16 armor
winter festival festive ornament
4 int, 2% hit, 2m/s, 5 damage, 9 armor

Total 55-81 1.2
22 int, 2% dodge, 10% hit, 4% crit, 4h/s, 10m/s, 5 damage, 31 armor

Damage compared to indirect
-3 int, -2% dodge, -1% crit, -1% hit, -2h/s, 0m/s, +5 damage, -2 armor

So the hybrid looks a lot more even, so +5 damage for minute dodge,hit,and crit changes. the hp won't make a difference, armor - maybe slightly and int maybe slightly..

I am slightly leaning more towards to indirect stats, I think the additional hit and crit will make up for the slight damage loss received in the -7 int +9 damage exchange.
O.o

Conradin
01-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Personally I would go to lvl 30 in pvp. From there you could buy brainfreeze weapons- eye, robes, wand and get some green helm. The stats are insane and it's alot off fun.

Pharcyde
01-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Wow, I am even stumped on this one. My only suggestion for PvP is survivability vs. Damage.

Try getting your damage as high as possible, as thats one of the best ways to survive. Beat your opponent before he drains you. But don't sacrifice large amounts of other stats just for the small amount of damage.

breachedmoral
01-14-2011, 10:56 PM
So I was kind of heading towards Type 2, currently with an epic winter wand.

I found the wicked winker, so I could use type 3, but I am selling it off, and adding to get the skull bracer.

And I agreed, and was therefore reinforced in my decision to go with this because of Pharcyde's response of the low damage increase.

I guess I was really considering that damage gap to be large, but in reality it isn't that much of a difference.

On the offhand, the 4-8 more damage from the +damage factor is mitigated due to the increase in dodge. That extra few percent could keep me alive with a lot more potential than that little extra damage will.

So anyways, I currently have the armor and helm mentioned, plus an epic xmas wand and the wicked winker. I'm missing 2% hit and 2-2 damage from the wand not being super, but this being my first char, I simply don't have the cash to afford the pink wands.

But I digress, I am having a lot of success with going for all the bonuses rather than just damage.

Beanmachine
01-15-2011, 03:12 AM
wow a little off topic but,.....

U type alot!:p

breachedmoral
01-17-2011, 10:56 AM
I type a lot, meh. Mostly those were tables so it ate up space. I type a lot, because I type fast, and in that, I try and explain my questions with the clearest detail possible.

Unfortunately it leads itself to responses such as: you type a lot.

Pharcyde
01-17-2011, 03:18 PM
I type a lot, meh. Mostly those were tables so it ate up space. I type a lot, because I type fast, and in that, I try and explain my questions with the clearest detail possible.

Unfortunately it leads itself to responses such as: you type a lot.

Sorry but its kinda hard to understand because there is too much. I read it all but trying to compare which ones are best is hard with so much stuff in-between.

Physiologic
01-17-2011, 03:48 PM
If you have updated info (which sets you're currently debating on) I can calculate your best theoretical set for PvP in terms of damage and survivability.

KingFu
01-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Type 2 fo shizzy