PDA

View Full Version : A Thought, For A Better Gaming Experience

Morholt
08-01-2014, 05:44 PM
It's just a thought, and feel free to chalk this up to another, "crazy ol' Morholt, just being crazy ol' Morholt," but wouldn't this game be A LOT more fun and enjoyable if we didn't have STS babying us? It's not that STS wants to do it, but the player base demands it. And that, my friends, is what hinders this game so heavily.

"But, Morholt, what do you mean by 'baby us' and 'hinders' the game?"
I'm glad you asked! This game is an mmorpg. An 'mmo' - 'rpg.' The fun of an rpg is exploring and finding new things. Things that you DIDN'T even know were in the game, or where they are obtained. Remember how fun this game was when you were a newb, trying to find out things about the game? The first time you found a legendary item for your toon? It was magical and, most importantly, fun.

And sadly, we don't get that anymore. Everyone wants to know every detail weeks before anything is released. How is this even fun? People are constantly complaining about, "no new playable content that is fun." Well, it doesn't matter. Sts has been putting out new maps, vanities, gear, and all sorts of items. And none of this matters. All this programming and new content...a waste.

Why? You REQUIRE STS to tell what ALL the new gear is, the EXACT stats of it, AND exactly HOW to get it.
Really, what is the point of having new maps? Or multiple new sets of gear? This is why all future events and expansions are doomed to be un-enjoyable. Expansions are fun for 1-2 weeks with the elite maps, and that's about it. The gear is over farmed and becomes worthless instantly. Why must you have sts tell you exactly everything? Shouldn't it be obvious enough that--generally--the best items are going to drop off the hardest maps' bosses?

It's one thing to get teasers and hints from Sts (such as pictures of what an armor looks like when equipped, or, "we added a new arcane item...go find it!"), but with the current state of things...we're being babied. And it's really no fun. And it's really hurting this game.

Crowsfoot
08-01-2014, 05:54 PM
I'm okay with spoilers. it's the benefit if being a forumer. The problem is spoilers being months before releasal. A week or ll ess is plenty.

I agree that their should be some surprises. Exact stats are a bit more than needed. This is especially wuith pets where passives and AAs can't be easily seen in the CS.

Spoilers can be good ways to get feedback and fix content before it is finished. STG is a small company who must manage time wisely. That is why we see so many spoilers. Once released, content is much harder and takes longer to change.

Wutzgood
08-01-2014, 08:29 PM
In have to agree with you. All the complainers and people who make topics saying they will leave but never actually do really are a hurt to the community. There are a few people with multiple good bye threads which is just sad.

By giving too much info too early the complainers get too much time to rant and rave and sts tries to please everyone. I'd rather if they ran the game they want to instead of having so many people complain before they even get to see how the new ideas turn out.

It is nice that they do listen to the community but there are way too many complainers around thinking they are sts devs.