PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my pot addiction

GoofyYno
01-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Hello, I am Leonardo DeVincis, and I am an addict.

I use to play an int mage who could spam every spell as soon as it lit up without a drop in manna. I now am playing a pally- (lvl40) which I love. no more squishiness. run in gun a blazing, with very little damage and the ability to heal and revive. I'm actually quite good. my problem is I like to be active. using the spells constantly, but my manna runs out very quickly. I'm going through a lot of pots.

am I spamming too much, or is this just the cost of a pally?

Pharcyde
01-14-2011, 06:59 PM
This is the downfall of being a pally.

Birds are the only class that don't have to spam a lot. Bears don't under certain circumstances, like perfect parties. Enchantress's get aggro from massive AoE damage and pally's get aggro because they tank.

My suggestion is to find a good skilled group to play with. If your playing with random players, the odds are high that they are not pulling their weight. Skilled parties greatly reduce pot addictions.

GoofyYno
01-15-2011, 11:35 PM
problem solved- took to lvl 45- now with Mynas Helmet thoth (2 M/S), Pharaoh's shield isis (3 M/S) and Mynas Plate mail thoth 2 M/S) + natural 2= 9 m/s which helps a lot.

Arterra
01-15-2011, 11:37 PM
yep. lv40 onwards pallys get a big break.

Otukura
01-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Birds are the only class that don't have to spam a lot.

I go through about 4 mana pots/min... I love spamming. Plus only 4 m/s.

Pharcyde
01-18-2011, 03:30 AM
I go through about 4 mana pots/min... I love spamming. Plus only 4 m/s.

Yup :). You don't go through many pots to regenerate though, 1-2 can fill you for a good 15-30 second's. A Mage or Pally might go through 5-10 in 10 seconds.

Echelong
01-18-2011, 09:09 AM
My suggestion is dual spec although its easier at level 50. You can learn how to run like a maniac spamming spells while surviving been a squishy mage it just takes practice. At 50 change to dual spec although you can do dual spec at your level but I don't have the amount of skill points although I imagine its the half. Use int gear for mobs and pally gear for bosses.

You can also farm pots it takes time but its worth it in the end I always have about 3k pots of each in my stash and growing since I spam like crazy on my bird and buying 1k pots of each costs 23k.

Arterra
01-18-2011, 09:29 AM
My suggestion is dual spec although its easier at level 50. You can learn how to run like a maniac spamming spells while surviving been a squishy mage it just takes practice. At 50 change to dual spec although you can do dual spec at your level but I don't have the amount of skill points although I imagine its the half. Use int gear for mobs and pally gear for bosses.

You can also farm pots it takes time but its worth it in the end I always have about 3k pots of each in my stash and growing since I spam like crazy on my bird and buying 1k pots of each costs 23k.

i started dual spec on my bird around lv40-44. i was unable to use 2h weapons, but as long as you have the gear, you have the ability.

GoofyYno
01-19-2011, 08:46 AM
I didn't know you can farm pots? where do you get them?

as for dual spec, i have an 50 int mage, which is fun. I have gotten skilled enough to almost never die,(exp to OL who I can't survive despite tank pots). I can spam spells constantly without loosing manna, but I need to be aware, and a small mistake can cost ya. With my pally, I can lead anywhere with much more immunity. I can be more aware of what other players need, in terms of healing/rev, because I don't need to concentrate as much on my dying. I can now spam spells and rarely do I need manna pots. I think I'm liking the pally thing. I'm a 49 now, should hit 50 tomorrow, if I have time to play- then can ware rift or hate- LOOK OUT!!!!:cool::rolleyes:

Echelong
01-19-2011, 09:07 AM
I didn't know you can farm pots? where do you get them?

Easiest way is to drop all your pots on your stash and run plasma pyramid. You will get 25 of each pot. Then replay and stash them again. Note that you will only get a maximum of 25 of each pot.

Anotehr thing you can do is have another player with you and when you get 25 pots give them all the pots and get 25 more this way can net you about 200-300 pots per run. Note that you will have to trust the other player for this to work.

Otukura
01-19-2011, 10:16 AM
buying 1k pots of each costs 23k.

Hmm? 100 pots = 1500 gold.. right? so 1k pots = 15k gold...

Echelong
01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Hmm? 100 pots = 1500 gold.. right? so 1k pots = 15k gold...

yep I did a bad calculation lol and I was referring to 1k pots of each which is 2k pots and costs 30k. Sorry but I think I had a brain fart when I did that.

Atila the nun
01-22-2011, 08:40 AM
This is the downfall of being a pally.

Birds are the only class that don't have to spam a lot. Bears don't under certain circumstances, like perfect parties. Enchantress's get aggro from massive AoE damage and pally's get aggro because they tank.

As a Monte Python fan, I have to give Pharcyde credit for using the term Spamalot in a post. And to think that I almost missed it! Nice job, if anyone needs me I will be busy trying to cut down a tree with a herring!