PDA

View Full Version : Muted ... again!

hakoom7
08-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Well this new filter making me feel like im a 10 years old. I wouldnt mind if the mute was less than 5 minutes and if there was title says <Muted> I mean seriously you cant expect us to not be muted 10 times a day if we been playing this game for a whole year using those words. I mean Fk now mutes ! Seriously??? You do know theres players from all over the word and theres many languages, I was talking in Arabic with my friends and I used (fk) and got muted.

Anyway im sure everyone know what im talking about and how annoying this new filter is, bottom line reduce mute time and get us a <muted> title if your going to treat us like 10 year old .. thank you

Jurmans
08-02-2014, 11:46 AM
I've been dying for a muted title+1

yasshh
08-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Maybe instead of muting us they should make those words not appear in chat.
Like the wavy symbol(~), it doesn't appear in chat previously. This will save 5minutes. Just a thought

hakoom7
08-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Like the wavy symbol(~), it doesn't appear in chat previously. This will save 5minutes. Just a thought

Or that .. I love the idea just filter chat in fair way, I seriously feel like if I said a wrong word someone going to hold my mouth for 5 minutes its just annoying

ClumsyCactus
08-02-2014, 12:38 PM
maybe instead of muting us they should make those words not appear in chat.

yes +10000000

oreanara
08-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Lol yeah I got muted too many times till I figured out that I got mired for the same reason as urs hakoom

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Crowsfoot
08-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Can we get a list of the unacceptable words? I get the "well then we would be using them too" argument, but come on. It seems like everyone is shooting fish in a barrel and trying to figure out what causes a mute.

Jurmans
08-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Come to England and call a woman a slag...

Lol slag sounds funny:p I only know that it's offensive don't even know the meaning, Dutch foul language ftw!

Arpluvial
Hey guys, I have cleaned up the thread. I know there are a lot of strong opinions about the filter, but the Forum Rules still apply. As such, please refrain from using inappropriate language or abbreviations. In the meantime, I have passed this thread along to the development team.

Thanks, guys! :)

Jurmans
Stop cleanin the threads up;(

Visiting
08-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Hey guys, I have cleaned up the thread. I know there are a lot of strong opinions about the filter, but the Forum Rules still apply. As such, please refrain from using inappropriate language or abbreviations. In the meantime, I have passed this thread along to the development team.

The Sts mods are AWESOME cleaning crews :3

Jurmans
08-02-2014, 06:38 PM

XD made my day already in the first hour and 37 mins:).

Chrisaetoshawker
08-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Lolz autocorrect also killed me a lot...I didn't mean to curse someone....
Btw the ~ doesn't work in normal chat,it only works for colorful(/p /g) chat

lethaljade
08-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Yeah lol at how we have a pet called slag, thats a very offensive word in England worse then calling a woman a whore or a slut, also we can say bastard another offence English word, but not f k, do you know how many typos I get muted for because of theese new random words on the mute, oh wnd to mention again I cannot see the the text I'm typing on my android device, an app glitch, nothing fixes this for me! Im constantly getting muted for typos due to an app problem with android keyboard, yet I can shout out slag , bastard, and hoe, yet "smeg" is banned like wth is that, apparently an English swear word, strange that nobody uses that word atall here, sorry space time games, but you need to look into some of the words your muting and some of the offensive ones you actually use as a pet name. Theese constant mutes are irritating, considering I don't even understand what ive been muted for I hardly use profanity!

Sorry for all the profanity in my explanation but I have to be specific so you understand the issue.

Please fix this.

ClumsyCactus
08-02-2014, 07:06 PM

Actually, i am ok with you cleaning threads (not)
But,why did my post get removed for using a swedish Word that happens to be a bad english Word -_-

Boltmage
08-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Actually, i am ok with you cleaning threads (not)
But,why did my post get removed for using a swedish Word that happens to be a bad english Word -_-

I wouldnt worry about it I just got an 'infraction' for saying a word that I can say in AL 0.0

Frohnatur
08-02-2014, 09:50 PM
They have to comply to american law and youth protection regulations if they want to keep the game free for all ages (since the company and the servers are based in usa).

But I think too that there should be a simple * for unappropriate letters/words. It resembles the beeep-tone in television. Our adult imagination can fill in the blanks then. And I bet youth imagination is probably much worse LOL

obee
08-02-2014, 10:03 PM
They have to comply to american law and youth protection regulations if they want to keep the game free for all ages (since the company and the servers are based in usa).

But I think too that there should be a simple * for unappropriate letters/words. It resembles the beeep-tone in television. Our adult imagination can fill in the blanks then. And I bet youth imagination is probably much worse LOL
If they kept it free for all ages, I wouldn't be banned for being 12...

yasshh
08-02-2014, 10:46 PM

This Completed my early morning lols.

Meemaw
08-02-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm part Swedish, so of course I speak swedish. An it mutes me for the stupidist reasons. I dont swear, im talking in swedish and it sometimes mutes me. Also. what's up with the "Spell gems backwards" cuz it means 'smeg' . which isnt even a word. and it mutes you! Fix these things. and make it show that we're muted. Like a Megaphone with a red cross across it as a visual effect/aroma. (e.g. like the clover for lepre). or a [ Muted ] title. >:(

Boltmage
08-03-2014, 12:31 AM
For anyone who doesn't know the gems backwards thing.. watch a few episodes of 'Red Dwarf 'old sci-fi programme all will be revealed lol

lowratehitman
08-03-2014, 12:31 AM
I was typing shot that guy then I misspelled it I got muted...lol

eugene9707
08-03-2014, 04:47 AM
well....why the 2 different chat filter system? the staring word system, and the mute system ?

also, despite AL is american based, but its an international game isnt it? so also consider the players who isn't in the US

beatrix
08-03-2014, 04:58 AM

I still love your sig! hahaha :D

I agreed about just make the bad words filtered. I was muted like 5-8 times a day and now Im so scared to talk cause I might get banned for it by just being muted for many times. :D

Just use symbols if there's some bad words accidentally and not intentionally being said. Like what Yash said, use symbols. :)

-no
08-03-2014, 05:22 AM
+1m for muted title

gumball3000
08-03-2014, 07:01 AM
I think the filter chat option is there for a reason. These words should not mute us, the should be filtered for those who want to.
I mean even in usa, saying fk is widely accepted.

Amicusdei
08-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Easy solution, no devs or mods needed:

1. make guild called <muted>

2. all potty mouths can join guild and not talk to each other

obee
08-03-2014, 08:18 AM
Easy solution, no devs or mods needed:

1. make guild called <muted>

2. all potty mouths can join guild and not talk to each other

No...just no

obee
08-03-2014, 08:52 AM
I'm part Swedish, so of course I speak swedish. An it mutes me for the stupidist reasons. I dont swear, im talking in swedish and it sometimes mutes me. Also. what's up with the "Spell gems backwards" cuz it means 'smeg' . which isnt even a word. and it mutes you! Fix these things. and make it show that we're muted. Like a Megaphone with a red cross across it as a visual effect/aroma. (e.g. like the clover for lepre). or a [ Muted ] title. >:(
Smeg came from some sci if movie called red dwarf

Remiem
08-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Hey guys, I'm definitely hearing you and we're working over here to find a happy medium with the chat filters. I like your ideas of more *'d out words rather than mutes, or even a muted title. I don't know what is possible from a technical standpoint but I will bring these suggestions back to the devs and see what we can do.

As for curse words in other languages, that's a tough one. We are an international game and love all of our international players, but remember that the game's primary language is English and our chat filter reflects that. If there is a particular word or words that you were muted for that you feel strongly were muted inappropriately, feel free to PM me and I can look into it.