PDA

View Full Version : When you were new..

Pages : [1] 2

Raregem
08-02-2014, 12:17 PM
I thought it would be kinda fun and nice for new players to see that even us "experienced" players were new once. In this game, well any game really everyone is so quick to through out Noob etc when people don't know what they're doing. I myself get frustrated at times in pvp and pve with people, but then I just have to sit back and go yea I was new once too. I started in season 4, and still have moments when I trip up.

So for this thread list some things that you did when you were new, that you look back on now and go wow I was such a noob..

I'll start:

The first time I saw someone say I need pot (they left out the s) I immediately thought the wrong thing and was half tempted to speak up and say that was inappropriate... how I laugh at that now.

I also thought lepre was a pet.. and kept searching the CS for some mysterious pet everyone was always yelling about. Took me a week to figure out it wasn't... Yea sad!

My first time in PVP I was that player that was stalking my teams flagger to make sure they made it safe. I got a lot of "Um.. What are you doing?" comments and the "Stop following me.." ..silly me!

Most recently though I had a noob moment in Elite Caves wearing the wild amulet... While fighting the boss the strength proc went off, I found myself.. *cough* running from myself...haha Thought it was the red zone for the pools.

Ihateppl
08-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I started about 2 months before nordr, still didn't LV cap in time... SIGH

yasshh
08-02-2014, 12:24 PM
I started in season 1. I used to distribute equal base skill points to str int and dex xD

obee
08-02-2014, 12:26 PM
I thought mythic armor was supposed to be upgraded with gems XD. I didn't know about luck reroll and locks until someone told me at lvl 35 XD

ClumsyCactus
08-02-2014, 12:36 PM
I didnt know how to get skills until i was in travelers outpost.
I thought that you had to press some Button or something to Reroll, and asked several players how to Reroll,
They all answered "lepre, duh" and i was like "yeah, but Where do u press to Reroll?!"
I thought deary was a awesome PET, and still today he is one of my most leveled. -_-

Wutzgood
08-02-2014, 12:39 PM
I remember when I Fought captain Hatley with only my Mage and a warrior both at only level 17. Took about 45 mins and most of the fight I just ran and use heal and shield while Clyde did the killing.

In fact most of my early Mage boss fights went like that lol. Me running and trying to survive while Clyde punched away.

Jurmans
08-02-2014, 12:40 PM
I still protect the flag carrier if it's a random noobie :D, but when I first started each lvl I put 2 points in dex/int/str cause I was clueless what was good:p, I also named all the pets I had killero/killera etc. All letters of the alfabet:3.

Raregem
08-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Love it! These are making me smile. I laugh at myself for the silly things, but it is definitely fun seeing what everyone did.

Boltmage
08-02-2014, 12:47 PM
I reached level 20 before discovering the auction!

Serenina
08-02-2014, 12:51 PM
I capped for the first time at level 21. I ran Arcanum Grounds for a thousand times in common and rare gear because I didn't know anything about the Consigment Store and legendaries.

I always wanted my rogue to be as intelligent as possible and put most of my skill points in Int and the rest in strength. "Dexterity" was new vocabulary and I never knew about its importance for rogues until a friendly fellow-rogue told me that I was the most "intelligent" rogue she ever saw..lol.

Short time later I entered my very first Pvp-Match. I had no idea what Ctf was about and I just ran around the arena in circles, tried to protect the flagger and to hide from the opponent team. My heart beat went wild and I thought that I was going to collapse. My cheeks were burning.
Back then my preferred pets were Barney and Deary as well as frost :D

I forgot to mention that I didn't even know how to utilize the blue bar (never heard about mana at this time^^).

Raregem
08-02-2014, 12:54 PM
I always wanted my rogue to be as intelligent as possible and put most of my skill points in Int and the rest in strength. "Dexterity" was new vocabulary and I never knew about its importance for rogues until a friendly fellow-rogue told me that I was the most "intelligent" rogue she ever saw..lol.

Haha this made me lol literally.. gotta just shake your head and smile at that now.

yasshh
08-02-2014, 12:56 PM

Oh Yes that too!! I never went down in kraag and din knew there was cs lol

Kershy
08-02-2014, 01:00 PM
lol i started when lvl 26 was lvl cap, at that moment i didnt understand english, so i didnt want to play anymore lol i didnt understand a sht of the game. i didnt even now how to move around lololol i was rly stupid playing AL.

Boltmage
08-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Oh Yes that too!! I never went down in kraag and din knew there was cs lol

Lol I used to run through travellers outpost thinking 'why are so many people all just stood there?'

Thorluffy
08-02-2014, 01:03 PM
I play AL since end of season 1, u dont know how much i treasure my 1st free pet from tutorial( the dog, i forgot the name) and got freaked out when someone gifted me a wrathjaw(sadly i couldnt recall the great guy's name). And now......arcane pets arcane pets....

I insisted not to use potions in pve having the idea that only noobs need it until my fren explained to me and that process took 20min juz to convince me to use potion lol.

i kept a legen blade for my warrior so that i can 'use' it when my warrior reached that lvl -.-

i took it so offensive with the word 'noob' back in season 2 when someone calling me that in pvp room and i even tried to reason with him! now....i call my fren noob as if im saying 'Mr'

i was so happy to count for 1v1 in pvp room even for random players taking it as an honour to me and now when some random players ask me to count......i will come out with moutains of excuses!

a lot more funny, nooby and sentimental moments back in those days...
seeing old fren leaving this game one by one really pains my heart and it's the fren left that keep me playing this game.
Old fren, if u ever manage to see this plz log in and say a hi to me! Some i didnt even manage to have a farewell with u....

Last but not the least....i really miss pvp back in those days.....
sts, if u have so much time inventing some 'awesome' pet for 1% of the community, i think it's time for u to do something to the pvp system........(sleep)

IGN: Thorluffy,Thorluffybolt,Thorluffysama,Thorluffyris e

Serenina
08-02-2014, 01:09 PM
I didnt know how to get skills until i was in travelers outpost.
I thought deary was a awesome PET, and still today he is one of my most leveled. -_-

I'm pretty sure I reached the dead city outskirts without using a single active skill, just spamming the auto-attack and I also remember how annoying it was that heal potions only dropped from mobs every now and then. I always had to run and to reset them otherwise they would have killed me.

Madnex
08-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Capped 21 in epics and a flame strike I got from an elite golden chest, discovered auction, purchased demonologist of security body with all I had and then looted the helm for the set in a chest next to donatello. Happiest moment of my nub career lol..

This would be alright if I didnt cap 26 and 31 with the exact same gear and then being surprised that I could buy better set for 10k. Yeah, that was the peak I think. -_-

Jurmans
08-02-2014, 01:17 PM
I also had never heard of hor untill someone told me I had to use heal:p, then I read all descriptions of all skills untill I found out what the healing skill was he was talking about.

I had no clue how to activate the shield (I had the side upgrade for it) then once it went on when I thought I pressed it twice, after that it didn't work again, in the end I noticed I had to press the button untill it was charged, this took me about a week to learn:3.

Raregem
08-02-2014, 01:32 PM
I was also anti-pots.. couldn't understand why packs weren't enough. Of course after you are the only one dying multiple times in dead city you start to clue in. Also was that rogue that would let my mana drain and just spam auto-attack when I was out. I can't live without my pots now!

I think for me I may have been slower catching on bc I REFUSED to join a guild that just spam invited without asking if you wanted to join first.

ClumsyCactus
08-02-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm pretty sure I reached the dead city outskirts without using a single active skill, just spamming the auto-attack and I also remember how annoying it was that heal potions only dropped from mobs every now and then. I always had to run and to reset them otherwise they would have killed me.

Oh, i discovered how to get skills in outpost. I UNDERSTOOD how to use them much later.
Also, 2 huge fails i did...
I used shadow storm shot up until level 35!
I Understood how to use market by the time i got to pier :/

Serancha
08-02-2014, 02:08 PM
I discovered the auction house once I reached kraag. It took me another month before I discovered there was a place in there for chests and eggs.

When I got my first pet egg I clicked on it and it vanished from my inventory. I thought I had wasted the thing. Then I found a new pet in my stable and was like....where did that come from?????

I also distributed my points equally. Str, int, dex. I think it was level 21 when I learned I was supposed to be all dex.

supersyan
08-02-2014, 02:10 PM
I made my first mage and capped it to 31. then i didn't like the points spent in skills. i deleted the char and started again to to get new skills. don't know there was respec or free respec weekend.

Ins
08-02-2014, 02:23 PM
When I first entered Kragg, I was like "Wow, there's 3 auction halls here!!!"

ClumsyCactus
08-02-2014, 02:32 PM
When I first entered Kragg, I was like "Wow, there's 3 auction halls here!!!"

Atleast you knew what auction was... ;)

Giuewek
08-02-2014, 02:42 PM
When I was new I thought the best pet was deary and so I used it all the way to 31. I also never realised that there was an auction house for a while till I accidently bumped into it in paradise pier and I always thought I should share my skill points on str dex and int equally. What a noob I was :D.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Jiarijiba
08-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Nice thread. My moments of glory:
- i skipped the first egg that dropped in backenbridge as i thought it was sort of bomb
- never used pots - and died like hundred times
- auction house... Oh well... There actually was one already in lvl 10 :)

Reunegade
08-02-2014, 03:02 PM
At first I never used pets because I thought they were vanities like in PL. Wow, was I dumb.

Jurmans
08-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Nice thread. My moments of glory:
- i skipped the first egg that dropped in backenbridge as i thought it was sort of bomb
- never used pots - and died like hundred times
- auction house... Oh well... There actually was one already in lvl 10 :)

The egg thing is funny:p.

Haifer
08-02-2014, 03:22 PM
I used to stand in Traveler's Outpost screaming out trying to sell all of my "epic" items because I was sure they had to awesome because well, it's says they're "epic".

Starkinea
08-02-2014, 03:23 PM
I got invited to some guild, didn't really knew what it was... It was kinda not active, I didn't understand the purpose of it. o in tombs I was invited to another guild and discovered a different world, friendly ppl, and a lot of help.
I distributed points equally till Lvl 25 I think, I couldn't understand why rogues considered as deadliest of all characters.... I couldn't hit a fly...
I thought that auctions were different in different towns, so I checked in every city...
I was told by a friend that I could actually list items for 3 days when I capped on 31...huhu until then I listed only for 12 hours...

Haifer
08-02-2014, 03:25 PM
I got invited to some guild, didn't really knew what it was... It was kinda not active, I didn't understand the purpose of it. o in tombs I was invited to another guild and discovered a different world, friendly ppl, and a lot of help.
I distributed points equally till Lvl 25 I think, I couldn't understand why rogues considered as deadliest of all characters.... I couldn't hit a fly...
I thought that auctions were different in different towns, so I checked in every city...
I was told by a friend that I could actually list items for 3 days when I capped on 31...huhu until then I listed only for 12 hours...
Took me awhile to discover the 3 days as well.

Titanium
08-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Started at the end of season 4. I didn't buy plats in my first 6 months of this game.

However I was fascinated by vanities and I wanted to have them all. Someone gifted me 4 lock chests and a Gold Ranger vanity which i sold later that day. And i started buying things cheap and sell in auc. Was a hell to have one inventory slot. Somehow back then i got all vanities and all collections from merching. I made 50% of my assets in the first 4 months when i started merching.

The new vanities have a lack of inspiration.. I'm not trying to offend but thats the fact . Also collections from season 1 , 2 , 3 are much cooler than living sets , tarloks , dragonscale ( lol ) , magma .

EDIT:

Back then I didn't know what merching is. I only did it cause wanted vanities.. Used to buy things from people of Outpost. When i got in Pier I discovered more people like me. I got so freaking mad they offered me same price i bought those vanities....

Also i had 32356 kills and 2376 deaths in PVE ( i changed my main toon in season 6 ) . The Blue Crab and the Wolf from Nordr made me 500-1000 deaths.

PvPs
08-02-2014, 03:34 PM
I honestly was never nabnab, I played other STS games before, so when AL came out it was nothing new. I grabbed a rare name *hidden due to secret unactive forum purpose* and got a set that's worth 300-400k now. Only thing I had problems with was lvling to max. Never did it so no banner. *cries in a corner* I still did not know for awesome rewards for capping. (My best acc back then was lvl 30 in SL -_- (almost maxed now =) in SL...)

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk 2

nelson131
08-02-2014, 05:22 PM
when i played al...... i didnt know how to charge skills untill 2 months later.
i didnt know how to use pots......until i quit and started again 6 months later
my fav pet was deary and barney
i used full strength (and thought str was the most important for rogues) untill someone in kragg spammed me noob laughed at me for 10 min and told me the right builds
i didnt what quests were for.
i didnt know how to chat, let alone pms and guild chat
i didnt know how to do free plat offers
i didnt know how char slots and stash worked.......
lol i was such a nab back then

Konviict
08-02-2014, 05:29 PM
I remember me getting lost in ctf map lol

Instanthumor
08-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Couldn't leave a ctf room... Was farmed all day in S2

And... Movement speed passives FTW!!!

SacredKnight
08-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Back when I was new...

Visiting
08-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Moments of "Glory"
-Had no clue that I could charge my skills, once I found this out I continually tried to charge my pets AA...
-I knew about the CS (Because some person told me bout it) but I didn't know pets were sold there til later in the season (Season 2)
-I was Co-GM of my first guild....
-When I capped (Lvl 1-21) in 2 weeks I thought I was a freaking beast for doing it quickly XD
-I practically drooled anytime I saw a Mage with Colton...
-I put 3 dex,2 int, 1 str everytime I leveled (because I wanted a smart athletic Mage ig XD)
-I have no idea where I got money to buy things at the time 0.o
- Had pretty decent gear because my GM was uber rich and taught me how to do elites :3
- In season 3 I sold my flurry set for 100k (Fail fail fail)
- I helped a group of guildies who weren't amazingly geared (to say the least) beat Skull Cove during S3 ad that run took approximately 2 and a half hours >.>
-I discovered the forums in Season 3 and had believed that I was to noob to post anything here with the pros so I pretty much had 0 posts at that time :(
- I believed clock was the worst skill for mages XD
- Sure there's plenty more things :3

Coolskies
08-02-2014, 05:58 PM
I never knew I could use pots until I was lvl 35... was wondering what those numbers meant at the bottom of the screen. Never really clicked them until someone in guild mentioned it. My death to kill ratio is 22%. LoL :banana:

I kept asking in public, "where do I get bows?" :banana:

Gensin
08-02-2014, 08:09 PM
I started s2 I made a mage a tank loool.

EDIT:

I thought hauntlet was the only place I can level up, soooo the koko is flooding...

Bless
08-02-2014, 08:22 PM
When I was L16 and I thought Astrocat was a girl. Sad.

Ninjasmurf
08-02-2014, 08:24 PM
I have So many stories lol..

Took me a few week to figure out the auction houses in different towns sold the same items.

I tried to charge pet aa.

Blight was my best pet until season 4.

I think I used dex as main stat for more critical.

I thought I was the best Mage ever when I looted Ac-Dc staff in watchers tomb.

I just found out what "afk" means last season (I thought it meant something else, can't say it here :))

biunabis
08-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Lol when i first started pvping i only ised my 4 skills...didnt even use pet aa bc i didnt know there was one....i pvpd for about 3 weeks before i actually found out how to use pet!

Arachnophobik
08-02-2014, 08:38 PM
I distributed 4 str 2 dex and 1 int.
My build was skyward smash, windmill, vengeful blood and juggernaut all maxed until lvl 36.
I managed to kill rutger and bloodhammer with a fellow newbie rogue on duo.
I took care of ny kdr until i met inan elite.
Everytime i met a rogue, i always thought that rogue must be a girl in real life -.-

Serancha
08-02-2014, 08:41 PM
I emailed support because gold kept disappearing from my character whenever I was in a map..... I didn't know pets ate gold. Support saved me further embarassment by not replying. I don't blame them for it, although I'm sure someone got a good chuckle.

Edit: Just for the record (and to not discourage new players) I personally don't think any of the things in this thread are dumb, merely part of the learning process that can be giggled about fondly a year and a half later.

Rhaindra
08-02-2014, 08:48 PM
I started playing when the event last winter. I was not really enjoying it and the event was over. First up in the outpost traveler saw many ppl wearing ice armor. i wonder how to get ice armor. very cool. Explore town, then I try to figure it out in pvp in low level. yeah I got ganged up to over 20 times to death. at that time I only wear 'rare' gear and pet 'precious and barney'. then reaching level 10 I went to tarlok event. enter the portal and then got my chest and open the chest that got wintermancer versaility (epic). WOW .. finally I can use the clothes of ice .amazing btw I put glacial gem. (Noob).. ps: ( sold 10K in auc 2 month ago).. :( . then I met the person who gave me the "arcane deary" and taught me to buy the AUC. yeah .. I am very happy that only has pet "Precious and Barney". I have to say many thanks but he never online since lvl20 :(. About stats on point, once I input into int dex 30% and 10% when I was a warrior. haha ​​..
About Luck, when it did not know about the loot re-rool and Lepre . Hoard in outpost occasionally ask, "what is it Lepre? but no answer. while it also did not know about the locked crate grand watch. How to get it? I try to open it . it turns out to be using plat..sigh. because I do not have platinum .. haha. btw nice thread :) I'm feelin Nub. :D

-----Sorry for my English-----

Raregem
08-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Edit: Just for the record (and to not discourage new players) I personally don't think any of the things in this thread are dumb, merely part of the learning process that can be giggled about fondly a year and a half later.

I agree, just shows that most players go through the same hiccups along the way. I've enjoyed reading all of these, I've smiled countless times while shaking my head in agreement. I've made a ton of these "mistakes" it's been a crazy fun journey so far!

nelson131
08-02-2014, 09:16 PM
<------ forever a noob
and also....i gave away 10 lockeds i looted in s3.... it was worth 150k in total.........just cus i couldnt open it and didnt know how to check prices

Frohnatur
08-02-2014, 09:31 PM
It took me about two weeks to find out how to make the my comments green.

I was in the guild for a week by then. Until then I thought, everybody reads/writes global, so I assumed the green color has hirarchy reasons. This obvious didn't make any sense, since it was impossible that all the german speaking guys are the bosses in AL :rolleyes: *facepalm* ((HvH is a german guild FIY and so of course was the guild chat)).

Since that day, when a new member doesn't speak up for the first 2 minutes I explain /g is for guild chat :D

ClumsyCactus
08-02-2014, 10:09 PM
I emailed support because gold kept disappearing from my character whenever I was in a map..... I didn't know pets ate gold. Support saved me further embarassment by not replying. I don't blame them for it, although I'm sure someone got a good chuckle.

The Contrast between you, Who are one of the smartest players in game, and that,no offense,quite stupid mistake made me lol
Buuuut,i'm still a noob do i should'nt really talk ;)

aquascaper
08-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Nothing too funny, but here are mine:

Tried to charge pet skills
Was really happy when I looted Deary and I leveled it a lot
Didn't know that you don't gain xp at brackenridge when you're a higher level
Didn't know the difference between twink and newbie
Liquidated all of my legendaries after getting new ones

Goodfella
08-02-2014, 10:21 PM
3 weeks before i had my biggest fail in al history :D i play since season 1 but i only know since 3 weeks that items in auction have numbers i always counted the items lol

Ravager
08-02-2014, 10:40 PM
I did not know twink had a different meaning in this game when I first started.

Ninjasmurf
08-02-2014, 10:44 PM
I did not know twink had a different meaning in this game when I first started.
Same lol ._.

Schnitzel
08-02-2014, 10:50 PM
I used to think Mythic > Arcane

Vixenne
08-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Back in the day I had my Flap Jack pet, it was worth 60k :chuncky:

Visiting
08-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Back in S2 I thought Arcane/Mythic items were so rare that nobody I had seen up til that point even had 1. Then in s3 when they added Myth/Arcane gear I was like Wut 0.o

drawfflerz
08-02-2014, 11:23 PM
When i was lvl 10, someone sell to me villainous watch armor lvl 10 for 500 gold only. And only me use that armor at that time (before nordr expansion). So people always ask me to sell it. And some people always going to catch and pm me to get the armor. I feel like artist with cool armor. XD

Alhuntrazeck
08-02-2014, 11:29 PM
When I first started in S2....

I put 2 stat points into int str and dex for every level until a random town warrior told me I shuld just focus on one: namely strength. With the 7 plat I started out with I respeced, got myself 6 str points for every level, made it to l20, got into elite brackenridge forest and started the timer and instantly got 1 hit by the very first mob and I ragequit...I used to think I was such a damn strong mage (strength = musclemage right?) until that run :(

When I got my first guild invite, the GM told me to go full int. I cussed him out saying he was a dumb noob and that str was for pro mages like me and unlike him (he was a mage too)! Luckily he didn't get pissed, he convinced me that I'd be more "clever" if I put points in int - brain > brawn right? :D

When I first got into watcher's tomb I immediately got lost and got downright creeped out by the message I got from wt4 (I hadn't unlocked the previous tombs). Finally, I got into WT1, started the timer and took about 10 minutes using no pots to clear it. Was I proud!

When I finally reached kraag, I was like "OMG 3 auctions!!" - I knew of them from a travelers outpost rogue who told me I could buy stuff and make myself "cleverer" from them, LOL! I immediately checked all 3 auctions and spent all my gold on cinder from one (6k), then went to the next one and did a happy jig because the cinder there was 7k! I actually pm'd the lister saying I got a better deal from another cs...good thing he didn't respond :p

When I hit 20 I was like "HOLY CRAP SO MUCH XP TO GET TO 21!!"...which was when double xp showed up so I ground wt4 hard with 10 mins a run till I finally capped. :)

Then I decided to retry elites and ran rooks nest...run was more than 10 minutes but I looted a Malison!!!!! It was about 500k IG if I remember rightly. I was so proud of it I opened it.

Next expansion I slowly capped and was super excited when PvP came out. Thus, I entered it rocking my Malison and epic gear...and immediately got 1 hit (by blakadder, coincidentally. Lol!). I then decided it was capture the flag so I would DEFEND THE DAMN FLAG! So me and a like-minded rogue stood at the entrance of the spawn ready with our defense build...her traps and my clock!!

At l26 or l31 cap (not sure) I entered AF and had a damn good time in there! By the time it disbanded, I was much wiser than the nooby mage I was. Then Epitome of Excellence came along.

A guildie convinced me to drop my fire clock gale curse build and get fire, light, shield, heal. I refused saying "shield sucks!" Finally the co-GM Asterox convinced me to get that build...and I did. This was by S4. Thus began my journey into proness. I did, however, start my early pvping days as a horrible noob; convinced I was going to get on the APs leaderboard, I went PvP regularly to try and get my 100 kills APs. The time I had in there was horrible; I did however manage to meet my goal and get 100 PvP kills...and 1k PvP deaths. Which is why to this day my kdr is still positive by a miniscule margin.

When EOE merged with SK in the end of S4, my days of hardcore PvP really began. I began to actually enjoy PvP as a non mythic mage and managed to amass about 5k kills by the end of S5. This is how I became who I am today ;)

Energizeric
08-02-2014, 11:56 PM
I guess I'm lucky as I did not go through any of these learning experiences in AL having played PL for almost a year prior to playing AL, and since both use the same game interface and mostly the same ideas, I pretty much understood everything.

However, when I started playing PL, here are some of the things I did that are laughable now:

1) I did not realize you could teleport from the world map, so I would run everywhere map by map. If I needed to get to the third dungeon in a campaign to do a quest, I would fight my way through the first two. Only later on did I realize you could just join the third dungeon directly from the world map. In PL all the towns are interconnected (without having to pass through dungeons to get from one town to the next), so I guess running everywhere just seemed like that is how it should be, and many RPGs are like this.

2) I did not understand the color rarity differences, and I'm sure I liquidated many pinks if they weren't useful to me or they were lower level. It wasn't until I was level 40+ (maybe after 2+ months of playing) that I realized what color rarity meant and realized I could sell the pink items I looted. I remember the first pink I looted after I knew they were good was a level 45 Zuraz Shock Lance, which I used for about 2 months until I leveled up to 55 and got some gemstone gear. It was only later on when I was told how rare the Zuraz was (rare like looting an arcane item from an elite golden chest, something that rarely happens). I remember finally selling the Zuraz for 95k, and this was a level 45 weapon that was NOT discontinued (it still dropped from bosses), and I was selling it during the level 66 cap. So that just tells you how rare it was.

3) Having never played an MMO before (I was an old pre-internet RPG player though), I did not know what guilds were, and kept turning down invitations to join them as I did not realize there was such a thing as guild chat, and so the idea of a guild seemed like it would be no more useful than just keeping your friends on your friends list. It was only later after playing for a few months that someone explained this to me and I finally joined a guild.

4) I did not know about this forum and did not join the forum until I had been playing the game for 4-5 months! That was my biggest noob mistake of all! :)

matanofx
08-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Lovely thread =]

- I didnt know about auction house untill a month after i started playing so you can imagine how poor and lame geared i was.

- I went to jarl and one of the goblins on the way said something like "come get your gift" and i answered it "I already got from shazbot thnx" thinking it was a player -.-
I cant even explain that one, i went full retard.

But overall the best days were my noob days, it was so fulfilling to loot a flapjack egg or ribbit, you could take over granite market by buying 4 of em and sell for more...

coloneal
08-03-2014, 01:32 AM
i already death for more 200 times, then realize i can tap the green pots near skill buttons to fill up my blood -.-

Sirnoobalot
08-03-2014, 01:51 AM
I thought Shazbot and Klaas give the treasure only once.
I couldn't understand from where that grandfather clock came from,thought it was from mobs lol.

matanofx
08-03-2014, 02:09 AM
I almost forgot this one

I was fighting clocks mages dropped cause i thought they were enemies

ClumsyCactus
08-03-2014, 02:59 AM
I almost forgot this one

The healthbar on clocks have made Me do the same thing...

Jurmans
08-03-2014, 04:10 AM
I almost forgot this one

Still make the mistake sometimes when the clock has a healthbar:p.

Vaeriu
08-03-2014, 05:19 AM
When Shazbot and Klaas gave their daily rewards, the system says 'Klaas/Shazbot gave you a treasure chest!' or something like that.
Yea, and I always just skipped it and ran straight to the chest section on my inventory xD Had nothing there. And then I just kept talking to him and contemplated sending a complaint to sts xD
And once I put all my skills off the HUD and didn't know how to put them back......

Goodhabbit
08-03-2014, 05:23 AM
I unlocked all skills.........

Madnex
08-03-2014, 06:02 AM
Was using charged gale when it had dodge bonus not armor.. dashing through the mobs spamming that flamestrike like a baws. xD

afrobug
08-03-2014, 07:15 AM
I ran too far away from jarl and it reset him and they all said NOOB!!

Goodhabbit
08-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Oh yeah, another one...

Cap 16-21-26
The time when there are no lepre in AL

Im in the stable, trying to find a pet that is great and found ribbit... it says that it was found with mother..
So yeah repeat and repeat the map and after the whole day.... no ribbit found -.-"

How hard to earn money that time.... -.-"

Sirnoobalot
08-03-2014, 10:31 AM
I thought i could reroll luck whenever i wanted to.

Soundlesskill
08-03-2014, 10:43 AM
I put points into passive speed because that was what the rouge was all about.
I tried to equal out the main points so that I could be strong, intelligent and agile.. I didn't know what dex meant when I started playing ��.
I used to love the trap skill for rouges, so I used it in PvP.
I thought each Consigment Store sold different items.
I never used pots.
I didn't use Aimed Shot.

Cap was 21 when I started playing.

Dex Scene
08-04-2014, 03:07 AM
Haha nice thread!!!

I used to think we need plats to be in a guild!
I used to think why my heals are not cool like those mages and warriors while having to run and pick up the medics!
I used to save like 1k-3k gold everyday haha. Thought i would never have millions.
Didnt know what lepre was till i got level 20.
Used to think misty was the best pet giving 300 health.
Funny how i used to think different towns have different auctions stuffs lol

I once found locked with klass elixir, i was like how did i reroll? I didnt reroll atall man. The other newcomers were like what did you do aswel. I gifted the locked to a random guy as i couldnt open it. A min later he gave me back. I gave him back again and ran away. Now everyone knows about lockeds.

quests were so confusing.
If people called me noobs i used to get sad after googling em.
So i never call a newcomer noobs ever.

Edit: the posts here are so funny. I actually read all the pages lol
The guy said "malison is my best pet sir" to the qsn "do u have lepre?" Was *** funny!

Dex Scene
08-04-2014, 03:21 AM
When I first started in S2....

I put 2 stat points into int str and dex for every level until a random town warrior told me I shuld just focus on one: namely strength. With the 7 plat I started out with I respeced, got myself 6 str points for every level, made it to l20, got into elite brackenridge forest and started the timer and instantly got 1 hit by the very first mob and I ragequit...I used to think I was such a damn strong mage (strength = musclemage right?) until that run :(

When I got my first guild invite, the GM told me to go full int. I cussed him out saying he was a dumb noob and that str was for pro mages like me and unlike him (he was a mage too)! Luckily he didn't get pissed, he convinced me that I'd be more "clever" if I put points in int - brain > brawn right? :D

When I first got into watcher's tomb I immediately got lost and got downright creeped out by the message I got from wt4 (I hadn't unlocked the previous tombs). Finally, I got into WT1, started the timer and took about 10 minutes using no pots to clear it. Was I proud!

When I finally reached kraag, I was like "OMG 3 auctions!!" - I knew of them from a travelers outpost rogue who told me I could buy stuff and make myself "cleverer" from them, LOL! I immediately checked all 3 auctions and spent all my gold on cinder from one (6k), then went to the next one and did a happy jig because the cinder there was 7k! I actually pm'd the lister saying I got a better deal from another cs...good thing he didn't respond :p

When I hit 20 I was like "HOLY CRAP SO MUCH XP TO GET TO 21!!"...which was when double xp showed up so I ground wt4 hard with 10 mins a run till I finally capped. :)

Then I decided to retry elites and ran rooks nest...run was more than 10 minutes but I looted a Malison!!!!! It was about 500k IG if I remember rightly. I was so proud of it I opened it.

Next expansion I slowly capped and was super excited when PvP came out. Thus, I entered it rocking my Malison and epic gear...and immediately got 1 hit (by blakadder, coincidentally. Lol!). I then decided it was capture the flag so I would DEFEND THE DAMN FLAG! So me and a like-minded rogue stood at the entrance of the spawn ready with our defense build...her traps and my clock!!

At l26 or l31 cap (not sure) I entered AF and had a damn good time in there! By the time it disbanded, I was much wiser than the nooby mage I was. Then Epitome of Excellence came along.

A guildie convinced me to drop my fire clock gale curse build and get fire, light, shield, heal. I refused saying "shield sucks!" Finally the co-GM Asterox convinced me to get that build...and I did. This was by S4. Thus began my journey into proness. I did, however, start my early pvping days as a horrible noob; convinced I was going to get on the APs leaderboard, I went PvP regularly to try and get my 100 kills APs. The time I had in there was horrible; I did however manage to meet my goal and get 100 PvP kills...and 1k PvP deaths. Which is why to this day my kdr is still positive by a miniscule margin.

When EOE merged with SK in the end of S4, my days of hardcore PvP really began. I began to actually enjoy PvP as a non mythic mage and managed to amass about 5k kills by the end of S5. This is how I became who I am today ;)
Lmao.. nice one. Lol @the pming the seller in different auc

Dex Scene
08-04-2014, 03:33 AM
Couldn't leave a ctf room... Was farmed all day in S2

And... Movement speed passives FTW!!!
Haha same. But to add, I used to kill myself searching my flag base point! Lol

yasshh
08-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Ohh and i used to sell stuff at the cs which had more crowd thinking that it will sell quickly. I thought all shops sell different stuffs

Deck Kun
08-04-2014, 06:05 AM
I use epic set lvl up to lvl 31(lvl cap at that time)and i just discover legendry item at auc.at lvl 31 cap.

Raregem
08-04-2014, 11:00 AM
The gm in my first guild asked if I had lepr, to which I replied, "malison is my best pet."

I am so glad I am not the only one who thought Lepre was a pet!.. lol I really did search the CS for a week just thought it was an extremely rare pet..lol

So i never call a newcomer noobs ever.

I've never called anyone a noob either(out of anger, joking with a friend yes), and cringe when I see people do it. Then I always say "We were all new once, don't worry." to the person. That's actually what gave me the idea to do this thread, I see it all to often. Friday I was in a pug we had a bad run where someone was basically yelling at the person(who they thought was at fault) the whole time. I admit the run was awful, but no need for name calling IMO. Everyone learns (well most do) just takes some bumps along the way and people should be able to do it without being ridiculed.

Madnex
08-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Raregum still nub.

Dex Scene
08-04-2014, 12:23 PM
I am so glad I am not the only one who thought Lepre was a pet!.. lol I really did search the CS for a week just thought it was an extremely rare pet..lol

I've never called anyone a noob either(out of anger, joking with a friend yes), and cringe when I see people do it. Then I always say "We were all new once, don't worry." to the person. That's actually what gave me the idea to do this thread, I see it all to often. Friday I was in a pug we had a bad run where someone was basically yelling at the person(who they thought was at fault) the whole time. I admit the run was awful, but no need for name calling IMO. Everyone learns (well most do) just takes some bumps along the way and people should be able to do it without being ridiculed.
I agree. I do call friends noob as a fun way too or in the pvp in anger mode. What i meant was not calling a real noob directly oh you are a noob lol.

Raregem
08-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Raregum still nub.

Aw thanks Maddy, so sweet as always ;P

Serancha
08-04-2014, 06:28 PM
I took a screenshot the first time Klaas gave me a combo. I was so amazed.

faychen
08-04-2014, 11:25 PM
I think I'm a perfect noob!
I didn't know how to pot until the Nordr expansion...XD
When I was trying to run pass the ice man in Oltgar (yes, elite!) and die die die, someone said "you don't have pot!?!" That was when I discovered that I can spam my finger on the green and blue bottles to pump the contains.

XD

Soulic
08-05-2014, 12:21 AM
When i was lvl 7 i saw someone sell hj for 1k O.o

Instanthumor
08-05-2014, 12:35 AM
I took a screenshot the first time Klaas gave me a combo. I was so amazed.

At least at that time you knew what a combo was...

Arturohoward
08-05-2014, 03:06 AM
-When i Started to play I didn't know how to get skills until i tap in the "level up ^" advice
-I used to put 2 points on each Stat (Str,Dext,Int)
-And i thought that re-roll meant that your elixir have been changed for another one hahaha :'D

Newcomx
08-05-2014, 04:35 AM
Know how to use CS in LV.30, cannot buy anything because I only have 3000 gold... x_x

Serancha
08-05-2014, 05:16 AM

Actually... I pm'd my friends and said OMG you won't believe it. Klaas gave me a whole HOUR of EVERY elixir!!!

Bigboyblue
08-05-2014, 06:28 AM
I didn't realize you could fast teleport between maps. I use to run all the way from the city to the map I wanted to get to. Took a long time to get to the gold mine lol. I never understood how guild mates got to my map so quickly.

I didn't know locks took plat to open. I saved up a bunch and about 2 months into my AL career I went to open them only to realize I couldn't.

I would have been a far greater noob but I found this forum on day 1 on my AL life. This place taught me a ton and kept me from being a complete idiot.

User111
08-05-2014, 09:13 AM
- I didn't know i could swap skills until i reached level 16 :P
- I used to spend all my points on str in my mage.

faychen
08-07-2014, 02:17 AM
I didn't realize you could fast teleport between maps. I use to run all the way from the city to the map I wanted to get to. Took a long time to get to the gold mine lol. I never understood how guild mates got to my map so quickly.

Hahaha, I did that too!!

XD

Andrisber
08-07-2014, 02:30 AM
Hmmm... When i was new, i had lots of founders, but i dumped them, same with my criers (sts never recovers em') and i was poor in gold and english, but i met few people and a guild called <Animosity>, my first guild. Gm was Canihelpyou, or as we said, Cani, when he went to college, he never came back... Well, after few months i did quit (season 3) because my phone couldn't handle the game and there was a huge drop of FPS. When i got my tablet in 9th June, i started it again. Never quit, never give up. Aaaand i gave up after a year now when my heraldic is not recovered because handle of scams is like with Paul Walker (R.I.P.) and Porsche Carrera GT. Yep, just like that.

Pyramuson
08-07-2014, 09:45 AM
I was told the fastest way to cap L16 was in tombs. But I didn't know how to enter tombs. Took me a long time to figure out where and how to complete the quest to enter tombs :chuncky:

clyburn.
08-27-2014, 08:09 AM
When i was a noob my first char was a warrior so the dmg is shown on top i deleted the tank for a mage i lvled to 18 but wondered why the dmg wasnt shown i deleted the mage and Made a new one same problem then i asked around and a guy told me that the mage is a INT char and the dmg is shown in the middle of the stats page

Chrisaetoshawker
08-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Before I played this game, i thought we could summon as many pets as we can and tell them to fight(kinda like pokemon LOL)
The screen would be filled with pets if that happens lol

Gensin
08-27-2014, 09:15 AM

This made me laugh!

I was literally asking myself what do I do with elixirs? I didnt even bought one thru plat in doubt that It does nothing.

Remember Me
08-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Kept my pet level 1 so I didn't have to pay for feed in PvP release...

Ebezaanec
08-27-2014, 06:31 PM
1. When I was PvPing and was facing a group of gangers.. I would run from The Kraag arena to the Windmoore Arena becuase I thought they were different.

2. I spent 3-4 min trying to smash an egg that dropped from Thunk Eye... My first Deary :)

3. I always bought potions from store tab lol

4. I couldn't get to the Kraken Mines for the longest time because I didn't hit the "explore" button when talking to Captain Hanna.. thought it was useless commentary.

5. I didn't unlock heal for a while because VB had a higher HP replenish

6. I thought "Backfire!" from Kraag cannons added to my deaths.. that's why I didn't touch them for a whole season.

7. I used to stack all the elixirs (3 or 4 dmg elixirs)... Thought I was so OP.

Raregem
08-28-2014, 11:48 AM
4. I couldn't get to the Kraken Mines for the longest time because I didn't hit the "explore" button when talking to Captain Hanna.. thought it was useless commentary.

That was me too, I had no idea where it was bc I thought it was just going to be an "Okay, Bye" type of thing.

Zeus
08-28-2014, 11:55 AM
That was me too, I had no idea where it was bc I thought it was just going to be an "Okay, Bye" type of thing.

Don't worry, I did the exact same thing!

Caabatric
08-28-2014, 08:59 PM
i got my first rare ring and i felt like i could kill anyone. hehe
Figured out ac at lvl 20
i figured what reroll and lock was at lvl 30
went into pvp with holistic staff. felt pro and thought i was doing insane amounts of dmg because the person kept saying your strong so he could farm me. hehe i kill him now prob

Burstnuke
08-28-2014, 09:56 PM
I started during Andriod beta, but i didnt continue the game to cap season 1, was still interested in PL and still am, but i play AL alot still.

Helicopter
08-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Lol. I started Nov. 2012. My main goal in AL back then was to get a Malison which I only received during S2. I got Horton's Egg fro mthe Daily Rewards thing, and I made my first ever sale for 30k. I made friends with Ialarie, and then he introduced me to Bekoua. We became what we call the "Trio". We PvEd together, fsrmed togetyer, merched together, And even made a guild together. Oh memories.A few months after, Ialarie and Bekoua left

Bigboyblue
08-29-2014, 06:27 AM
I didn't know that boulder existed until the ursoth event. I saw guild members were there and had no clue what it was or how to get there. I had to check out nordr numerous times until I figured out how to get there. I was too embarrassed to ask and eventually stumbled upon it lol.

Candylicks
08-29-2014, 09:16 AM
I've had lots of noob moments along the way.... occasionally they still happen like trying to spam pots in PvP.....

Anarchial
08-29-2014, 09:33 AM
When I was new, I really thought that I could make 5m from buying a sword at 300k after listening to a friend. Got some real life lessons from the "friend" :D. Well I still have the sword just to remind myself how noob I was hehe.

Endkey
08-29-2014, 10:53 AM
i had a tank with 20 kills..deleted that too make a deathless tank..

Sold a loki for 80k and thought i was richest in the whole game

Ddnt know I could see other classes and higher level items before season 3 xD

aarrgggggg
08-29-2014, 06:17 PM
when i was new i remember wondering how daheck im gonna get me those mythics!!!!!!
I found the answer......Lock crates

Zylx
08-30-2014, 12:23 AM
- I never knew anything about chat commands (/g, /r, /f, /t) until like a month afterwards.

- I constantly asked for gf's to see if i could get a rich girl to give me gold.

- I thought 1,000 gold was filthy stinkin rich!

- I constantly begged Delphina for gold when she was on (lol).

- I thought "Reroll's" were hacks. Like players would hack the game and change their loot.

- I thought it would take a year to reach the lvl cap (26)

- I wanted allll the dragon pets cuz i thought they were cool.

Meemaw
08-30-2014, 12:35 AM
- I begged exactly like this: "May someone donate to me?" (they said no, and i said "ok, thanks anyways" like it should be) -_-
- I thought I was the only one who knew about promocodes. xD
- When I was Lvl.18, I added every Lvl.36 person I saw in my way so I thought I was cool! xD
- I got Forerunner armor for 1k... then traded it for the Iron Legionaire... :'(
- I thought you could you sell Arcane Ring Recipes, so I bought like 50k worth of recipes, and then realized I wasted 45k on recipes I couldnt trade or stash! xD
- I would do more, but I'm hungry, ok bye bye *-*

User111
08-30-2014, 06:33 AM
- I never knew anything about chat commands (/g, /r, /f, /t) until like a month afterwards.

- I constantly asked for gf's to see if i could get a rich girl to give me gold.

- I thought 1,000 gold was filthy stinkin rich!

- I constantly begged Delphina for gold when she was on (lol).

- I thought "Reroll's" were hacks. Like players would hack the game and change their loot.

- I thought it would take a year to reach the lvl cap (26)

- I wanted allll the dragon pets cuz i thought they were cool.
what is /f for?

Cray
08-30-2014, 06:56 AM
what is /f for?
'/f <name>' is to send a friend request to that character

kinzmet
08-30-2014, 07:47 AM
I used only normal attacks up to level 15 and have no idea of what the skills are.
When I first entered TDM at level 21 cap, I was trying to kill trulle and wondering why everyone else is killing me.
I sold my very first locked crate for 1k
I never knew how to leave PVP rooms except from logging out.
It took me 30 mins to kill the boss on goblin cave and wonder why other bosses appears.
I used all the 7 free plats for revive whenever I die while I was on level 1 to 5

Raregem
08-30-2014, 10:10 AM
I didn't know that boulder existed until the ursoth event. I saw guild members were there and had no clue what it was or how to get there. I had to check out nordr numerous times until I figured out how to get there. I was too embarrassed to ask and eventually stumbled upon it lol.

Aw blue! You should of asked, we would of told ya. It is hard to find.

Raregem
08-30-2014, 10:13 AM
I've had lots of noob moments along the way.... occasionally they still happen like trying to spam pots in PvP.....

Lol I do this too!

Ariscaief
08-30-2014, 11:37 AM
first of all i am soo glad i wasnt the only one who thought lepre was a pet
i thought elixers just gave u a cool aura
i thought vanities give stat boost
i didint know how to use cs for three months
didint know any chat command
i thought for guild chat i should go to guildhall and start talking(lol forever alone)
i used to do maps so i can loot better equipment
i added every capped player cuz i thought they would want me on their friends list
added all players on lb(lol)

thanks for thread i realized how much of a genius i am now :P

lethaljade
08-31-2014, 03:45 PM

If you knew how many times I went to crystal caverns wondering where the uberman or whatever that quest is called was, youd die, took me weeks to realise it was a questline.

Pillowhead
09-01-2014, 06:41 AM
Well, I saw someone with a deary, and I got jelly, I found out consigment store at lvl 18, and bought deary ofc, even if it took 1k from my 2k gold.
I did platinum offers, and bought vanities, 30 platinum bundle, when I was lvl 22, I found pvp, got interested by it, and after a few games, I found out what twink was, I tried it (lvl 12, mage )
And then I sold and bought stuff, while pvp:ing, Now i have alot of gold, thx to a guy that sold flurry warr set for 200k, to me.
Still today I don't have an account higher than lvl 22 :-)

Xeusx
09-01-2014, 06:53 AM
When I was new, I see deary eggs in CS, and my gold is enough to buy the egg. I opened it, and I got that sexy pink creature! Then I buy another deary egg, I don't know if the egg is random creature or not, I see the name in stable, and I realized it's a deary, I totally wasted gold at that time! D:

ndyfixer
09-13-2014, 07:55 AM
i got scammed at my 1st vanity , after that i starting to buy plat .. purchase lepre ^^ now 300k daily income btw i love to restart my alt lvl to remember me when i was a noob ^^

hercthegod
09-13-2014, 08:58 AM
When ethyl was first released i saved for it and managed to get one for 60k which was all i had i was broke, then next week it was 5k -.- Lol

Ign: Manipulativ

epicrrr
09-13-2014, 01:16 PM
I started with during the final month of Kraken update, and I pvp lvl 10 with pierce, nox, aim, shadowbolt who cares about heal, stats distribution and skill upgrades; I just spam all my 3 arrows like theres no tomorrow and pierce away when the going gets tough!

Candylicks
09-13-2014, 05:59 PM
I just learned how to invite people to a map...

Like last week.

:encouragement:

Bananaguard
09-13-2014, 07:58 PM
-when i was a nub i was like wow those rogs dash n 1 hit everything at brackenridge...then i asked a rog how to 1 hit then he/she said that "u must be a pro" then i was like "ok"

-when i first went to pier i saw everyone yelling "Selling lockeds" then i said "buy locks" i was so curios so i bought one and spent a whole day trying to do offers to open one lock...and all i got was 2 devo armor and gold :|

-frost was my best pet :D

-during the nordr expansion i walked through the ice and couldnt move and i thot that my pc's arrow keys are broken...and it took me 3 weeks to finish the whole questline and only knew later that the ice is the cause i couldnt move :|

-i also put all my stat point on my mage to str cuz i want my mage to be "TANKY"

Bananaguard
09-13-2014, 08:18 PM
i forgot these lol

-i started during the mid-kraken expansion and only reached lvl 25....i never really experienced to cap until the shuyal expansion

-after i capped i wander in the city of kelys and used o stalk junglejan and mightysorc(lol) until mighty asked me if i wanted to join Eminence :3 lol

ilhanna
11-04-2014, 02:59 PM
- Put all my stat points on STR because I was tired of dying
- Put points in durable and speed passives (I'm a rogue)
- Didn't have bow skills because I thought you need a bow to use them
- Ask on guild chat "How do you get reroll?"
- Didn't know you can just click on auction to open it. I used to use the cs in Kraag because they are less crowded
- Frost, Blight and Cinder were my top pets because they hit multiple enemies
- Move from map to map using the teleport
- Didn't know how to send invite to party members till last season
- Didn't know you can check prices of items for classes and levels other than yours by unchecking usable only, so kept asking mage/warrior to do price check for me

jiph
11-04-2014, 05:43 PM
"Experienced"-.

Kingofninjas
11-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Well when I started the game I saw the other 2 starter pets listed in stable for 9k and I sat there thinking WTF!!!!! 9K?????? I had only 50 gold at the time. The I looted a crate and was roaming around in outpost asking for a key. I sold it for 5k (which was the cs price I later realized so ty for not ripping me off whoever bought it). That got me super excited.

I was roaming around flaunting my gold till someone showed me 150k. I went crazy, cussing him out, calling him hacker etc etc. The a couple of days later I felt what Columbus felt when he discovered America. I had discovered the CS. Till now, I played under the assumption that pots should be saved up and sold. Slowly I built my gold up to 100k (to this day idk how). Maybe I looted a entombed hammer. Nordr was latest release at that time. I got the best legendary gear possible (noble set and entombed warfare I think) and started farming elites and elite golden warchests. Then I tried PvP, got 1 hit by a rogue, quit the account and built a rogue.

Soon I discovered KM3. I farmed it till I could afford to buy mythics. Then my account got scammed and when I got it back I had 4m. Bought a mythic ring and started regularly PvPing. It also got me thinking as to how anyone could earn 4m in a week. My dear friend Eridah showed me the world of merching. I still suck at it but now mythic weapons are finally in sight.

Serancha
11-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Hmm my first plat purchase was $5 I think, since I didn't know about the first time buyer bonus (clearly I'm blind and couldn't read the screen)

I did this so I could buy blight from the stable for plat because I didn't know there was any other way to get it and I really wanted that adorable green dragon.

Farminer's
11-04-2014, 09:07 PM
I joined saw pro pvpers and wanted to be one spent 45$ for aba got good gear and pvped on my 18 warrior made new one lvl 20 pro with crawly then elon event got 8 dova sold 6 used 2 on him that's my story lol

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

TCH22
11-04-2014, 10:48 PM
when I was a newb I used up all the platinum offers and bought nordr and betrayer vanity and feeling generous, I gave away my betrayer set :/

firechandra
11-05-2014, 12:26 PM
When I started I was anti-pot too, potions price seemed too high at the beginning so I think I used max 5 potions in the first week :biggrin:
I was upset when I discovered I couldn't open 2 eggs of the same pet because I wanted one pet with the low levels passive and 1 with the higher lvl passive
Oh and I sold for 0 my first level cap banners because there wasn't a way to expand inventory without platinum

Amvulpix
11-05-2014, 12:32 PM
I started playing al last year August and started pvping this year actually been solo ever since ,I always try to die a lot in the process to see where mistakes were maken and tried to atleast build survivability even tho undergeared and as a rogue normally when there is clash I only use aimshot to save my manna consumption, if another player is by their self then more mana would be used. But when I first started pvp It took me many deaths because I tried new things like pvping naked to see if I could win. I started getting better the more I died, and I practice kill steals timing with just 1 skill

Migzorille
11-06-2014, 06:09 AM
I started mid season four

* i dont use pots i wait for heal and regen because pot price is expensive at that time
* i dont know what the auction is until im lvl 25
* i wanted a dev maul soo bad that i bought one 5 lvls below my lvl just for looks
* i thought using the pet aa decreased happiness

Churjya
11-06-2014, 07:13 AM
well... i Knew such mmorpg before so i guess i was ok with the game. In short i am Experienced ;)

Otahaanak
11-06-2014, 07:44 AM
I knew little about the other classes' spells - as a mage, I thought shadow veil was a boss attack and ran from its aoe whenever I saw it.

Sakurahb
11-06-2014, 08:03 AM
I knew little about the other classes' spells - as a mage, I thought shadow veil was a boss attack and ran from its aoe whenever I saw it.
That's very funny. lol

jiph
11-06-2014, 05:48 PM
"When you where"-.

Excuses
11-06-2014, 08:44 PM
First scam I ever got as a beginner happened right after I open kraag. It was season2 when I started this game.

I didn't realize there is an auction in the game, didn't even know I can trade gears with others.
Someone pm me selling a legendary gear for 20k. I answered I have only 10k which I made through quests.
He said 10k would be fine and trade it. I didn't even think that I have to check stat of the gear and just gave him 10k. Haha

Weeks later, I found many other things and realized I got scam.
My noobie experience.

Raregem
11-06-2014, 09:01 PM
It took me a week into the Halloween event to find the town ghost quest.. I ended up having to ask in /g. I had no idea you could go left or that there was an area over there!...

#noobforever

Serancha
11-06-2014, 09:03 PM
It took most people a while to spot that other part of town. It wasn't easy to see.

Raregem
11-06-2014, 09:05 PM
It took most people a while to spot that other part of town. It wasn't easy to see.

Ahaha good, now I don't feel so bad about it. I never did complete that quest.

Arpluvial
11-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Hey guys!

I have cleaned up the thread - please keep it friendly. :)

karrdath
11-07-2014, 12:37 AM
I did the same thing hahah

johnsr
11-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Oh man where do I start! I started 2 weeks before the end of season 2 and my super nubbles event was trying to talk in GC and wondering why nobody would answer me. (Hint I didn't type /g)
Oh and of course I balanced all my points and didn't even know there was a helpful forum until midway to season 3 LOL!

johnsr
11-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Hmm my first plat purchase was $5 I think, since I didn't know about the first time buyer bonus (clearly I'm blind and couldn't read the screen)

I did this so I could buy blight from the stable for plat because I didn't know there was any other way to get it and I really wanted that adorable green dragon.

I'm naming my Blight Sera now!:chuncky:

Spacetime Or Lol
11-08-2014, 04:43 AM
When i wuz new, My weapon and armor and rings I used to buy and use by the name. If its cool like Master shaft [it sucks dont get it]

Chronexia
11-08-2014, 08:54 AM
I didn't know the difference between common, rare or epic items. I ended up cheering whenever I get some common loot.

Brownback
11-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Setting the scene, A noob in kraag.. Running round with a maximum of 5k: strictly dedicated to my pet.

One day after work, I opened up the auction house back in S1. Malison, if i can remember correctly was rolling 500k a egg (I think)..

I planned to buy mali for 90 plat at stable numerous times and sell for x5 the plat--->gold exchange:)

So i brought 1700 plat x2 and brought one malison.. realising that it automatically gave you a pet not just an egg, a tear rolled down my cheek.. I swear:(

BaronB
11-08-2014, 12:16 PM
I started playing al last year August and started pvping this year actually been solo ever since ,I always try to die a lot in the process to see where mistakes were maken and tried to atleast build survivability even tho undergeared and as a rogue normally when there is clash I only use aimshot to save my manna consumption, if another player is by their self then more mana would be used. But when I first started pvp It took me many deaths because I tried new things like pvping naked to see if I could win. I started getting better the more I died, and I practice kill steals timing with just 1 skill
Still funny to watch you kill ringed rouges half half your gear off lool xD

Aprove
11-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Back then, I thought platinums are tradeable

Amvulpix
11-09-2014, 01:43 AM
First scam I ever got as a beginner happened right after I open kraag. It was season2 when I started this game.

I didn't realize there is an auction in the game, didn't even know I can trade gears with others.
Someone pm me selling a legendary gear for 20k. I answered I have only 10k which I made through quests.
He said 10k would be fine and trade it. I didn't even think that I have to check stat of the gear and just gave him 10k. Haha

Weeks later, I found many other things and realized I got scam.
My noobie experience.
I got scammed when mythic bow coast 9mill lol the lvl 31 ones I was so upset.

Raselph
11-09-2014, 01:48 AM
all i did was...just killed mobs and thought game is over

- Samdegreat
11-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Let's see.....

I played pvp with windmill,cs,axe,smash for a few months in season 2...
All my passive points when into int

i wondered why I quit ctf in season 2 lol

Catty
11-28-2014, 07:27 PM
I started playing in late summer 2012, but I don't remember much of the time. I basically did the same as everybody else, no potting, dying countless times, wearing crappy equipment and distributing all stat points and skill points evenly. And I never made any friends or accepted any guild invitations (you can also see from my post count that I only just recently discovered the forum).

I would regularly quit the game after 1-2 weeks of playing and not come back for a few months.
I think it was some time last year that I discovered Slag in the stable and I wanted it so bad. I did free plat offers religiously to save up the plat, but by the time I finally had enough they switched to Abaddon, so I got him instead thinking I would never ever get the chance to get a Slag again.

And I so wanted the Nordr Guardian Barbuta, it took me forever to save up the 15k or whatever it costed on CS back then. I spent more money on vanity than on quality eq - tbh I still do ;(

Of course I got bored and quit again soon after (with no friends or guild to play with)
So this year I came back in the end of summer to a lvl 23 rogue with Abaddon and Nordr Guardian Barbuta and lots of people in Kraag asked me how I got the pet and vanity, I felt like a star :D especially later when I found out the price of the Nordr hat had risen to 50-60k!

A while later when I died my way through Nordr areas a guy pointed out that I had a lot of deaths for somebody with "Samael" (I guess he wasn't much less nooby than me) - but that's how I found out about the death counter and that everybody could see it. I was devastated :(

The sole reason why I started playing the game again is that I saw last year's witch vanities and I HAD to have them. They went for 300k on CS back then. I searched for guides on how to make money and shortly after started farming Brackenridge for locks every time I got luck from Klaas. It took me weeks to farm and sell enough locks (I sold them for 4-5k each and thought it was loads of money).

Also I didn't know that all areas scale with the highest lvl until some point. At lvl 33 I agreed to help a lvl 23 with wt4 thinking it would be super easy now that I was 10 lvls higher than last time I was there. It was hell, but somehow we made it :)

I probably did many more stupid things that I don't even remember :)

Farminer's
11-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Lol I don't remember I started the game last year right after Halloween ( just got my phone brand spanking new) and saw this game wanted it because it had a pet system. Immediately I saw arcane pets and was like I WANT ONE. Even if it was hj.
Then I saw some pro pvpers in the guild Mvpvp and made it my goal to get into that guild. Later on I do manage joining that guild in lvl 18 and getting owned by old guilds such as ottoman black soul and rebirth or something like that.
Then I left that guild joined Otto noticed my kdr is as good as pros quit that char (after I saved 250 plat for aba) and make my new warrior lvl 18-20 PvP. I was one of the strongest lvl 20s around (after I got the completely best gear I could afford) and started pvping again. Did this for a long time (meanwhile farming locks and saving 20 story tokens to sell those tenor boxes 50+k each called it my paycheck lmao)
And ended up with quitting because it got boring and ballistic was no more. Sadly.
Then I heard 9 was great so I made a lvl 9 rogue and did good got called good after learning some tips in one of the best guild I could have ever been in. Bound in Blood. Or BiB for short. Now I finnaly have a somewhat geared (full legendary aba/dova) lvl 41 warrior. Tryed PvP there first time today LOVED it how fast I could kill rogues and mages but die (so far 24/6) 6 2 from vs 3 from ganged 1 from just being noob lmao and that's where I am now.

Yushel Angel
11-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Serendity here ^^

-I was in brackenridge and some people Rerolled and I asked them how do I reroll , They said it was "Lepre" .I was in a guild that time I was spamming what was a lepre..and got booted.

-I thought the Goals ( Ctf Flags in KdR) was the goal beside the quest.I ended up following them.

-I had 5 platinum, I felt I was a billionare and was telling other players I had it.

-When I reached Kraag, I saw a lvl 36 Player (36 capped back then) I begged from her(we all do it when we were noob) She gave me an item..A common item..as I remembered ...I was really happy.

-I reached stronghold,I didnt even know whats a "lock" ( Lock was 12k that time) ..So.I traded my lock for a glacial gem...

-I was happy when I got blight, He was my buddy all the time.

-I don't know about the mythic armor.I was level 36..My items were still level 20.

-I discovered auction ..Very late..And idk what does it do.

-The mythic armor was orange right? I saw some players had blue one (upgraded ) I asked..and they said "vili, himingleva, & Uller"..I ended up spamming them..Who are these people.

-I don't know what to do in pvp.I ended up being a food.

-It was level 41..When I know all ;)

Litheus
12-01-2014, 11:28 AM
i was farming for maul and mythic armour in nordr until 2-3 weeks ago

CouchPass
12-01-2014, 04:18 PM
I didnt find the tombs until lvl 21. I kept on trying to go through the wall and i only found out when i looked at map :D

chinita_doll
12-02-2014, 05:24 PM
this is a very fun thread to read! lol! here's my share:

i started playing when 31 was the lvl cap. i didn't like to use pots because for a newbie, it really costs much! haha! i have no means for huge amounts of gold yet during that time. i don't even know how to get a reroll lol! that's how i accumulated my deaths in pve. i also don't use pets back then because i don't want them to get tired easily lol! and feeding them will again cost me a huge amount. i was so stingy haha! a fellow player explained to me and let me realize the importance of pets and their skills.

xutreuqux
12-04-2014, 06:07 AM
I started at goblin invasion, didnt kno dats an event, so i play it all the time and pay plat for energy coz i think dats the normal dungeon :p played warr until lv33, char got bought, got a 41 mage, played for like a month, got scammed lost lunar n archon, stopped fo like 2 months, played again, recently got scammed perfect lunar and blinky, tryin to play again now :/ never got more than 500k yea i was a noob. Until now

vawaid
12-04-2014, 06:22 AM
i started in middle of ursoth assault . To spending time in ramadhan.

Anabrad
05-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Lol let's keep this thread alive!

Anabrad
05-03-2015, 08:31 PM
I started off when lvl 16 was max
I asked somebody for gold to buy a armor set i really wanted spend like 700k on it i didnt know back then thought it was like 7k lucky for me the guy was really rich :D

Wazakesy
05-03-2015, 10:02 PM
When i was new i thought all i had to do was to

1) kill all monsters (rawr!)
2) Loot their weapons :|
3) get the money \($-$)/

Hanschey
05-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Started when the level cap was heading to 36. I used to head fast for loots thinking partys share a same loot and wasn't able to chat in GC for 2months.

JohnnyHardcore
05-03-2015, 10:27 PM
The first time I found skratch. I was lvl 12 and running Ydra. Super stoked, thought he was a special boss. Probably blew a hundred pots and 20 ankhs trying to chip his health down before a guildie filled me in on how much time and items I just wasted. Probably a solid 40 minutes.

My cry of joy the first time a Flounder dropped in WT4 and I thought I had some new amazing pet.

Probably my favorite was a couple high lvl guildies running me through the Undim Fields first time at lvl 28. Man, I got that party wiped sooo many times. "Where'd you guys go?! There are so many mobs! Why is this boss chasing me?! He wasn't there a second ago! Why are we hanging around a statue? I'm gonna run over here. BRB. Wait, wait.. train. Train, train, TRAAAIN!!"

bedmaster
05-04-2015, 02:08 AM
When i first started this game i thought this was like all rpgs, regular stuff can be bought from weapon seller and good stuff drops from hard monsters, but it isnt.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah282/chandra7plav/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/chandra7plav/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg.html)

Hoardseeker
05-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Started 2weeks before kraken expansion
I was like....
OMG! Boss dropped Loot,I must take it before other players!

Froxanthar
05-04-2015, 07:36 AM
When I was new in AL, I didnt thought that it took me that long to reach level 36 from level 35.

Sakurahb
05-04-2015, 07:36 AM
The first time I found skratch. I was lvl 12 and running Ydra. Super stoked, thought he was a special boss. Probably blew a hundred pots and 20 ankhs trying to chip his health down before a guildie filled me in on how much time and items I just wasted. Probably a solid 40 minutes.

My cry of joy the first time a Flounder dropped in WT4 and I thought I had some new amazing pet.

Probably my favorite was a couple high lvl guildies running me through the Undim Fields first time at lvl 28. Man, I got that party wiped sooo many times. "Where'd you guys go?! There are so many mobs! Why is this boss chasing me?! He wasn't there a second ago! Why are we hanging around a statue? I'm gonna run over here. BRB. Wait, wait.. train. Train, train, TRAAAIN!!"
That's so funny , thanks for making me laugh (:

Maunyabastian
05-04-2015, 08:59 AM
These are hilarious!
Keep them coming, guys.

I started this game probably after the Dead City expansion.
1. I did all the plat offers and spent them on Black Steel Commando (the 12 plats bundle) twice!
2. I never, NEVER, did Bards until 3 weeks of playing. First told by my guildie, this is such a shame.
3. I use potions approximately 5 per normal run.
4. This is the most embarassing one: I looted legendary items and sell them on auction for 5,000 each no matter how much the lowest price is! LMAO I don't have the merch style from the beginning!

This just made my day, I even laugh when typing these haha.

princesslovess
05-04-2015, 09:01 AM
When this thread was posted, i was not even playing arcane legends xD

so technically i am still new to this game :3

Anabrad
05-04-2015, 11:23 PM
We all were "noobs" at our times

Farminer's
05-05-2015, 12:05 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/04/6de762d57d8e76a3fd578fd0cd34ca13.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/04/398097db452c56116dbf1636c1ef3a59.jpg
Gotta help the new players I gave him a exclusive vanity to the Halloween event and 20k with tips on gold making( met him in PvP room felt bad cause I played prank like I was a poor noob) lol

lissil
05-06-2015, 03:33 AM
Started playing during the Nordr expansion.

Party members were asking me if I have mana heal, I asked... "what's mana?" (and yeap, I'm a mage)

I was exploring dead city, low on hp, didn't know potions back then... Rogue dropped health pack, I picked up one, he/she got mad saying not to steal the packs... and I actually apologized...

merch_master
05-06-2015, 04:26 AM
First time playing an mmorpg, i played for a while (till lvl 8) then closed the app.
Later when i came back to run, i guess i was invited to join pt and i did and forgot about it ( didnt know what a pt exactly meant)
So there i am running bracken, confused why no one is joining me, being wiped out by mobs.
Finally, i literally ran from windmoore to ydra, all the while just thinking when this map will end.
Oh and i didnt know auction house existed for a month ( till lvl 36)

raxaxic
05-06-2015, 04:33 AM
I remember seeing frost for the first time he was my dream pet I had to save up for 3 months to get him. Lol

Bryceldri
05-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Hmm.. *looks at long list* Where to I start..

My first toon was a warrior. When I read somewhere that warriors should have taunt because they were supposed to take a lot of damage I avoided those taunt upgrades because I didn't wanna die (smh)
I tried to solo my very first elite map (brackenridge forest) and being the noob I was I pulled a lot of mobs and after realizing my mistake, left the map traumatized
I ran my very first hard elite (mt spyr) with vb instead of jugg because I thought jugg was useless back then
When I was lvl 40 (still noob) I was searching for some cheap jewelry at cs. I ended up buying the most expensive sale for the cheapest item (it took me a while to realize my mistake)
When I reached lvl 41 I didn't want to get rid of my entombed because it looked way cooler than other weapons with far better stats (oh the things we do for fashion..)

Kyle Holmes
05-06-2015, 10:05 AM
When I first started I would leave the drops thinking we shared them. I would sell every single legend item for 200 gold no matter what it was, I did this till lvl 25

sent from fritters beak

LadySaphoria
05-06-2015, 11:37 AM
...... I had no idea there was such thing as minimap until I began dead city, I just followed the groupies around lol.
There is so much I was clueless about when I was a begginer, I was the ultimate newbie hehe.

Now I am level 41, and I have devoted my gameplay to helping the new, and low levels progress in the game. 😊

Kirysaki
05-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Okay, I'm still a noobie since I'm currently lvl 33. But here are my mistakes so far:
-At first I absolutely refused to use potions. I wanted to find a merchant / store that sold them before using them and couldn't find any NPC that did. Then, one of my friends told me "for 25 400 gold", and I thought that to buy a new batch of potions I had to pay 25.400 gold, dear Lord xD only later did we clear the misunderstanding lol.
-I too found out about the AH quite late, at Kraag in fact. And when I did, I spent all my gold buying the cheapest pets (Deary, Esteban, Flounder XD). Now Deary is my second highest level pet 0.0 I'm now trying to level up better ones. Also, I thought Kraag was the only city that had AH. Took me a couple more days to notice the incredibly obvious mass of players in Traveler's Outpost
-I bought one of those junk Legendaries for lvl 41 for 1.5k (quite a lot for me at the time) from a player, I thought I could rush to the Auction and sell it for a nice price... Imagine my surprise and disappointment :( I even asked a level 41 if it was really that worthless, and she kindly explained. I ended up liquidating it, since I couldn't manage to sell it
-I sold my first Locked at 1776 because I'm stupid (price currently around 2.7-3k). I was even tempted to put it up for 3 days because I thought nobody would want to buy it xD
-I kept and used a Rare bow for lvl 13 (gift from a friend) till I was lvl 24 0.0 luckily (or unluckily! D:>) i only used it for bosses, I preferred the blades for normal fights (I must have been a useless Rogue for a long time....)
-I've been helped a lot. I have no idea why, I never asked people for anything, yet random lvl41's (which I never met before) helped me surprisingly often. Just today someone gifted me a lvl33 ring (mine was lvl25). I am the lowest level of my guild, unable to do ANYTHING to help them, always receiving help, gear, eggs. Before that, till lvl25, I ran around with stuff dropped from mobs, too stingy to spend anything... Had to save up for Lepre (which I got at around lvl 30)
About this, I refused a 100k gift from a future fellow guildee, lol! I still don't regret it, I feel like that truly got me into my amazing guild :)
-Still can't fight solo Nordr bosses at lvl 33 without spending lots of potions, and can't do Shuyal, Hauntlet or Olde Yodeler quests at ALL by myself :/
-Didn't know that Ghul could spawn 3 more bosses till just recently... I guess my party and I always killed him too fast for it to happen xD
-Never even tried PvP. As far as I can tell, it's just twinks ripping each other (and normal player) to pieces. Maybe I'll try one day ^^
-When I found the forums, I read the guides, terminology, pet lists, vanity lists, best armors/weapons, and other various threads religiously. To the point I remembered that Snowball was the only pet that leveled up abilities at unusual levels during a trivia quiz xD
-Only today did I find that Uller's Tomb was *behind* the portal in Nordr, I didn't know there was a room behind it :O and I still have no idea how to complete the quest Gleipnir or The Space Between :(

Edit: completed Gleipnir. For some reason it wouldn't let me "turn to page 77" before. I deleted the quest and restarted it ^^

Sakurahb
05-12-2015, 06:10 AM
Okay, I'm still a noobie since I'm currently lvl 33. But here are my mistakes so far:
-At first I absolutely refused to use potions. I wanted to find a merchant / store that sold them before using them and couldn't find any NPC that did. Then, one of my friends told me "for 25 400 gold", and I thought that to buy a new batch of potions I had to pay 25.400 gold, dear Lord xD only later did we clear the misunderstanding lol.
-I too found out about the AH quite late, at Kraag in fact. And when I did, I spent all my gold buying the cheapest pets (Deary, Esteban, Flounder XD). Now Deary is my second highest level pet 0.0 I'm now trying to level up better ones. Also, I thought Kraag was the only city that had AH. Took me a couple more days to notice the incredibly obvious mass of players in Traveler's Outpost
-I bought one of those junk Legendaries for lvl 41 for 1.5k (quite a lot for me at the time) from a player, I thought I could rush to the Auction and sell it for a nice price... Imagine my surprise and disappointment :( I even asked a level 41 if it was really that worthless, and she kindly explained. I ended up liquidating it, since I couldn't manage to sell it
-I sold my first Locked at 1776 because I'm stupid (price currently around 2.7-3k). I was even tempted to put it up for 3 days because I thought nobody would want to buy it xD
-I kept and used a Rare bow for lvl 13 (gift from a friend) till I was lvl 24 0.0 luckily (or unluckily! D:>) i only used it for bosses, I preferred the blades for normal fights (I must have been a useless Rogue for a long time....)
-I've been helped a lot. I have no idea why, I never asked people for anything, yet random lvl41's (which I never met before) helped me surprisingly often. Just today someone gifted me a lvl33 ring (mine was lvl25). I am the lowest level of my guild, unable to do ANYTHING to help them, always receiving help, gear, eggs. Before that, till lvl25, I ran around with stuff dropped from mobs, too stingy to spend anything... Had to save up for Lepre (which I got at around lvl 30)
About this, I refused a 100k gift from a future fellow guildee, lol! I still don't regret it, I feel like that truly got me into my amazing guild :)
-Still can't fight solo Nordr bosses at lvl 33 without spending lots of potions, and can't do Shuyal, Hauntlet or Olde Yodeler quests at ALL by myself :/
-Didn't know that Ghul could spawn 3 more bosses till just recently... I guess my party and I always killed him too fast for it to happen xD
-Never even tried PvP. As far as I can tell, it's just twinks ripping each other (and normal player) to pieces. Maybe I'll try one day ^^
-When I found the forums, I read the guides, terminology, pet lists, vanity lists, best armors/weapons, and other various threads religiously. To the point I remembered that Snowball was the only pet that leveled up abilities at unusual levels during a trivia quiz xD
-Only today did I find that Uller's Tomb was *behind* the portal in Nordr, I didn't know there was a room behind it :O and I still have no idea how to complete the quest Gleipnir or The Space Between :(
Your Ign in game?

JohnnyHardcore
05-12-2015, 06:25 AM
Okay okay.. I think I.got a winner with this one.

Even WITH being an active forum user at the time, even being in a levelling and end game farming guild, it wasnt until about 3 weeks ago that I found out damage passive skill didn't stack. Ran it 5/5 til then. Boom.

Also... I got and upgraded my mythic set for way too much gold like a month and a half ago. With new expansion details.....whoops.

Kirysaki
05-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Your Ign in game?
Kirysaki :)

Powergear546
05-12-2015, 12:25 PM
When i started this game,the level cap was 21 which was introduced,I started as a warrior.

It took me a while to understand how my friends got the weapons other than drops,that's CS lol,discovered @ lvl 11.

When at lvl 14 i got an item "Arcane ring of potency(doesn't know the whole name,just remember the arcane ring in it),I was shouting i got an arcane item and someone paid me 200k(which was very much at that time),it was around 2-3 days until i realized that the ring was an "Epic item" and searched for that char who gave me 200k,but couldn't find him.(P.S. the person who gave me 200k is reading this can take his money back(for people = I remember the IGN of that char)).

Only after getting to lvl 16 i realized what skills are ,until then i ran with the weak dropped or quest given items.

At lvl 25 I irritated a mage who had fireball skill asking how did he get that skill and I also wanted that skill and then realized that skill was for mages only.(Till lvl 25 i had never met an mage with fireball skill lol.

At lvl 34 I wondered why the mage near CS in keyls throwed a translucent white fireball at mage standing at CS,took me while to figure out what was that.

TheIrishOne
05-12-2015, 03:32 PM
I joined at game launch on a really old toon (mage) a toon I have since lost because at the time I didn't think attaching my account to an email was a big deal

After I had reached outpost I apparently completely overlooked the auction and after I had made it to kraag I started seeing mages with awesome looking weapons such as (ac/dc of fatality) which at the time I referred to as the sparkystick and (shadowsoul staff or something) with the shadow effect , I kept seeing all these other mages with them and I was getting so jealous

I couldent figure out where to get it and everyone kept telling me "in auc" "auc" and "cs" I thought they were trolling because at the time I had no clue what/where the Auction and consignment store were

So I went to my last hope , Krobox (npc in kraag who does the tomb quests) because he had the shadowsoul weapon thing so I went to him for guidance.

Did all the quests and about 20 daily ones hoping to God I got one but alas , nothing.

I stopped playing. Plain and simple I was having none of this crap.

Came back a few months later and after I realised my misteak... Well I don't think a face has ever been Palmed as hard.

Farminer's
05-12-2015, 04:57 PM
What's is your ign? In game name. I may be able to send you some regards on the game later.

JohnnyHardcore
05-12-2015, 05:20 PM
What's is your ign? In game name. I may be able to send you some regards on the game later.

Kirysaki :)

There ya go :-)

Fightbeast
05-12-2015, 07:58 PM
I joined in and around the Halloween event last year :)
Always brought items from cs checking how they looked rather then their stats. Ended up with 90dmg at lv31 and that too with a rouge haha..
Completed kraken isles campaign at around lv37 [emoji14]
Killed alpha wolf at lv41 haha..
But one thing I was really good at from beginning was merching. That helped a lot in buying items initially.
Halloween event I slowly started understanding the game. Did a re-spec and brought about some changes in my built.
After that came a time of planar tombs and winter event where I started making friends in game and made progress with my other toons as well.
Currently enjoying the game and waiting for expansion :)
*Thanks sts for bringing up an awesome game for us players* *Thanks the community and the players in game for building the friendly environment* *Thanks raregem for making this thread*
Cheers :)

Befs
06-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Kinda bumping the thread (not necro)

I spent 4 hours in settings trying to find out how to rotate the camera like in pl.

I finally figured out that it doesn't rotate.

Leambow
06-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Season 4 player Xd I distributed my attributes also, mixed elixirs with pots, and some things that may be illegal jkjk

bedmaster
06-07-2015, 11:38 PM
started in early 2014s,

when i found auction i always thought nothing listed in it cuz i didnt know u need to press search lol

when my guildies gave me stuff to help me and said sell it i liquidated it

and when i play my big thumbs covers the bottom corners of the screen so when i wanna buy something i read the stats like dps to see which is better instead of view stats... didnt know that potency,brutality etc matters when ppl say ancient is good i think i bought the assault type so my stats was bad

and when i add points in dex i see my dmg went higher than if i put in str (was a warr) i didnt know that bonus dmg % existed until i was lv30

i was lucky to be rich after 1 month of playing cuz my first guild (gladiators of indonesia) keeps hosting events and i got like 150k but instead of buying lep i buy founder set lol

Amandalovey
06-14-2015, 02:46 AM
When I started was like 6+ mounts ago and i was so happy when I got my first 10k and now I'm not even happy when i farm 1m lmao

UnnamedGuy
06-14-2015, 12:51 PM
I started in season 1. I used to distribute equal base skill points to str int and dex xD

Ahahah started to play during beta version and did the same thing! Everytime i got more attribute points, spent 2 in each XD

MarandaC
07-15-2015, 01:24 AM
The sad thing is I wasn't that big of a noob. My brother in-law was visiting me and introduced me into the game, taught me how to do everything. Explained everything. Gave me stuff (lepre, locked, vanities, legendary items, pets, etc). I feel bad now that i know what its worth. But anyways, once he left, i would message him every time I wanted to sell something. I would say "How much should I sell this for?" And I sold a lot. He invited me to his guild (all capped) and fought for me to stay. This was back when capped was 30 something.. 31? Idk i dont remember. (I took a break and just now got back into AL)

Its really embarrassing when I think about it. He gave me so much expensive stuff. Fought with an elite guild. And I would spam text him every hour of every day to sell stuff. Lets just say he hasn't showed me any new games since then.

Xdumbx
09-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Well when I was noob I begged a ton. I made 1m off begging, I wish I could pay them back now.

Muhammad Rasyid Rahman
09-08-2015, 12:54 PM
-Yeah first thing, make my stats equal for str, dex, and int hahaha
-And noob moment when im lvl 16 and i already have lepre on my character, a lot of people are whispering me, "trade your lepre for my blinky", and idk whats blinky, and i search it in auc, woa thats more expensive then lepre haha:D then i wanted to trade it, but i change my mind, i kept my lepre and you kept your blinky, because your blinky is more expensive than mine:). And idk if that person is a scammer, and i just realized that my kindness will bring good to me :).
-Not only lepre but also devo maul lvl 16, when i have devo ppl are whispering to me too, they want to buy my devo for 100k, haha i said no thanks, its from my friend and im gonna keep it. But then i realized that the people are whispering me are a twinks player :). at that time idk whats twinks.

Xdumbx
09-08-2015, 02:37 PM
I thought Shazbot and Klaas give the treasure only once.
I couldn't understand from where that grandfather clock came from,thought it was from mobs lol.

hahaha same :)

Xdumbx
09-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Love this thread XD :D.
Heres some things I did when I was noob:
-Begged made like 1m off it :( I wish I could pay them back
-when para gem came out, I thought it was a ring
-When I lvled I added 2 dex 2 str 2 int and I was war
-Never saved money, just spent it all
-Thought the cool looking armor was the best armor in Al, never looked at there stats.
-Tried pvp and thought people cheated because I couldn't kill them. (thought they hacked, and made them selfs 5m hp)
Now I look at all this and laugh. ;)

Xdumbx
09-08-2015, 02:44 PM
I have So many stories lol..

Took me a few week to figure out the auction houses in different towns sold the same items.

I tried to charge pet aa.

Blight was my best pet until season 4.

I think I used dex as main stat for more critical.

I thought I was the best Mage ever when I looted Ac-Dc staff in watchers tomb.

I just found out what "afk" means last season (I thought it meant something else, can't say it here :))
I thought the same thing with AFK, or similar. :).

Astrea
09-08-2015, 03:02 PM
I feel very pro when i started this game and feel very noob when time past.

Kumsaati
09-08-2015, 03:16 PM
I got scammed lol

GT-I9500 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

mesalin
09-08-2015, 03:36 PM
I just got laugh reading it but i did most of this things lmao xD

Shalih Kun
02-09-2016, 07:22 PM
I use all skill cos I don't know the best skill.

In lv 10 I delete the acc & I build new again .

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk

Dragoonclaws
02-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Good Ol' Necro

StrangeAsylum
02-10-2016, 01:36 AM
Good Ol' Necro

Your posts cheer me up every single day.
No sarcasm intended.

Sent from my SM-G350 using Tapatalk

Daehanie
02-10-2016, 01:50 AM
Awesome thread and make us realize we were also being newbie before.. i used to laugh to people who chat \g hallooo i garetta.. 😄😄😄

Juicymango
02-10-2016, 06:53 AM
When I startedin season two I always thought "k" meant story tokens. So when someone said selling... 20k I thought I had enough so I can buy, but I never found the right button to add story token. I was so sad I couldnt buy anything lol. :D

navi dendi
02-10-2016, 07:48 AM
I used to buy tankton egg because it was the cheapest and tried to open it with about 10 eggs tankton I kept buying because I thought q was kind of a lock and who came within a different pets tankton egg

Yumisa
02-10-2016, 06:14 PM
When gold chests were oversupplied flooding the auction, they were 300 each, my first smart decision when i was a noob was to allways buy them and sell the legendary gear i got for more then 1.5k, it actually worked and thats the way i made money back then :D

wangkj
02-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Lol i opened dragonscale chests that had lv 46 weapons. I was stupid didn't even recognize my own level kept buying more. Lost 50000 gold lol

Fredystern
02-11-2016, 01:33 AM
Lol you guys still better than me i didnt know about potion but i just keep buying it at tavern i didnt use pots until i lvl 37 when i was lvling someone in WT4 shout at me "USE YOUR POTION BADASS" then i was wonder about potion i tap it once nothing happen because i just respawn x.x then in the run my health below 50% and i try to tap it again and since that i know about potion :3 at first i think potion is something that att your mana or health on stats :3 i was so stupid ehehe btw my most useless pet that i lvled was DEARY ahaha at first i think deary was awesome pet .-. Untill someone gift me Frost :O frost was my second lvled pet hihi i didnt use barney at all since its only heal abit i was sooo stupid ya .-.
And untill now i hasnt complete "The Space Between" quest ehehehe but i've complete alot of quest such like orcslaying gear,elite repeatable,and lot more only the space between i still dont know how to complete it .-. Such stupid Fredystern lol useless lvl 46

Fredystern
02-11-2016, 04:44 AM
Lol you guys still better than me i didnt know about potion but i just keep buying it at tavern i didnt use pots until i lvl 37 when i was lvling someone in WT4 shout at me "USE YOUR POTION BADASS" then i was wonder about potion i tap it once nothing happen because i just respawn x.x then in the run my health below 50% and i try to tap it again and since that i know about potion :3 at first i think potion is something that att your mana or health on stats :3 i was so stupid ehehe btw my most useless pet that i lvled was DEARY ahaha at first i think deary was awesome pet .-. Untill someone gift me Frost :O frost was my second lvled pet hihi i didnt use barney at all since its only heal abit i was sooo stupid ya .-. And until now hasnt complete "The Space Between" quest even lots of elite and craft quest done

aneshsinghblu
02-16-2016, 07:52 AM
when I was new . . I really enjoyed this game

Sheentaro
02-16-2016, 08:17 AM
~When I was new , someone sold me a deary for 3.5k(all the gold I have on that moment) Then afterwards , I discovered auction and saw deary is like 800ish , Im totally pissed off..

~When I was new , I thought Abaddon was the strongest pet... truth is , it really sucks.

~When I was new , I always click the 'Revive for 1 plat' whenever I die .. cuz i thought its unlimited.

~When I was new , I thought that when you revive for 5 plat , all the players in the zone will be revived too ._.

~When I was new , I saw a Red Name in Kraag and asked him why his name is in Red... he didnt reply tho. After that , I accused him as cheater/hacker. Zzzz

~When I was new , I sold a locked crate for 3k .. then I realized that it was 15kish in the market.. -_-

~When I was new , Someone told me that when I fire Kraag Cannons , it will give me a Shard.... Im noob enough to believe ..so I did fire it for some serious hours -_-

Such noob.

~Capture if Possible , Terminate if Necessary~

Gouiwaa9000
02-16-2016, 08:22 AM
Started by the end of season 1... ( that account got lost tough :/ ) I had str mage!! Also I used to think that dps is everything .... ( yea , was kinda new to gaming lol ) I was looking on others and wondering how they got those stats ... ( I only was looking on dps only , and dint notice my str going through the roof XD ) also , it took me a month of dying in pvp until I realized : I need a shield XD

Hail
02-16-2016, 08:38 AM
I was a mage, ign Lickingyou (spent hours to think of that)
I used to run around pvp at level 13 with ice, clock and all them as well as my pal Barney for an extra heal trying to avoid any possible twinks.

I remember I asked a warrior who kept catching me with the AT - chain pull what that chain was and he told me it was a mythic chain that cost around 2m. I almost quit the game at that point thinking how will I get that much gold (I had a few hundres g) but eh, here I am today. :rolleyes:

Edit: Being honest, I was the biggest begger ever. Someone asked me to join their guild but I replied saying I will for 500g lol.
Always asking for money lol. Also I was quite young starting and never realised that the random person in outpost asking for a loan would never repay me.

illidan
02-16-2016, 02:22 PM
Ive started to play like a 2months before Shuyal was released :)

...well, I didnt know difference between title and guild tag...and I rly liked "Troll Bane" title but I thought its guild tag, so I asked like a 30 ppl with that title to add me to guild - there came lot of invitations, but any of them wasnt my dream named guild haha

Extreme2014
02-16-2016, 03:43 PM
When arcane shards use to be 99m I looted one but guess what I was a Newbie and this guy offered me and I was surprised so I accepted and the offer was Arlor set,2m gold and ULLER SET. I was so happy until I found it was not worth so little but hey atleast I got something and now shards are 100k.

Deathlyreaper
02-16-2016, 06:49 PM
I remember when my me,my brother and my friend first played this game. We were such noobs my first character was a Mage I still am a Mage. I remember I was so jealous when my friend looted deary . I would also go "WOW" at ppl because i asked them how much money they have and they said 2k or 10k. I thought the only way to get money was from mobs and quest.
Didnt really know the basics of the game until a person named Powerspoon invited me to a guild. Me and my brother would always beg at that guild for free copper chest or silver chest. One of the officers would always invite us every time he farms locks at bracken ridge ( tho at that time I didn't know it was for that purpose I was just happy getting the chests).

I lotted my first lock from a mob at dead city without luck ( I think)

My first ever Big money was at 700k and that was because of quests and selling my items (not merching)

I miss those days

Now I am lvl 46. My brother and friend quit the game but I'm still here because I love it :)

kickazzrogue
02-16-2016, 09:35 PM
I fell for the gold doubling scam loss 75K which is like having 3MIL now adays

seraneyla
02-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Same with me

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk

tomsawer
02-21-2016, 03:01 PM
When I was new I thought being a warrior ( like world of Warcraft) was an honor once you geared up, i was sadly mistaken.

Brianv333
02-21-2016, 09:00 PM
When I was new, I kept buying item for the wrong character

Att
02-22-2016, 01:11 AM
When i was new i was level 1.

Eduardo Peréz
03-10-2016, 10:26 AM
my 1st character was a warrior, i remember that around lvl 13-15 i used to enter to TDM and try to kill the trulle, i didnt understand why ppl was killing me when i was trying to save arlor lol, i reached lvl 31 without ring or pendant and with precious pet, cuz i didnt know about stats, my big fortune was 7k from a pair of watch locks that i looted with luck elixir, im proud cuz i never asked for gold or help, all i know is for myself and now i try to help new players in the cities with regular pets or sometime gold cuz ik that is hard.

chazautry
03-10-2016, 02:55 PM
1. Buying RARE VANITIES; Medusa, Ice spirit, Frank, Yeti, Ghost,Winter Tree, Green-red arlor (all class), lepre banner and in demand weapon vanities.
2. I'm also interested in buying mythic belts, arcane ring and endgame mythic weapons.

Morholt
03-10-2016, 04:01 PM
When I had started playing, my first toon was a rogue. Occasionally, I would see mages dropping time shift...but I had no idea what any mage skills were called. And occasionally, I would see players in town discussing what mage skills to use. Thanks to the root upgrade of time shift, I thought time shift was arcane shield for a good month or so.

dukeskywalker
03-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Used to add everyone i see with a LB flag @@

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aneshsinghblu
03-11-2016, 05:10 AM
when I was new I got to play the game. . now I get to watch the dog running :-(

Yihaaa
03-11-2016, 05:14 AM
I was lvl40 when I discovered show stats in cs

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

meidei
03-11-2016, 08:10 AM
when i was new i always feed my pet hoping it will become more powerfull. whahaha

Zylx
03-16-2016, 08:10 PM
I was a mage, ign Lickingyou (spent hours to think of that)
I used to run around pvp at level 13 with ice, clock and all them as well as my pal Barney for an extra heal trying to avoid any possible twinks.

I remember I asked a warrior who kept catching me with the AT - chain pull what that chain was and he told me it was a mythic chain that cost around 2m. I almost quit the game at that point thinking how will I get that much gold (I had a few hundres g) but eh, here I am today. :rolleyes:

Edit: Being honest, I was the biggest begger ever. Someone asked me to join their guild but I replied saying I will for 500g lol.
Always asking for money lol. Also I was quite young starting and never realised that the random person in outpost asking for a loan would never repay me.

Lol... this reminds me of the time i joined a filipino guild after people were saying that the gm gives 500 plat to members. I went on google translate to try and translate what they were saying and what i should say. I mustve said "can i have 500 plat please?" in tagalog in gc like 15 times before someone finally said that plat isnt tradeable.

I even made up a story about how i lived in some city in the Phillipines and stuff like that to make them believe i was Filipino.

wangkj
03-16-2016, 08:15 PM
When I was new I thought you can capture pets and that they could evolve

Wiz8
03-16-2016, 09:31 PM
Well my moment is off lol I didn't know how to trade at one point lol..also I thought the amulet doom was a op boss or some lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herculeans
03-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Lol... this reminds me of the time i joined a filipino guild after people were saying that the gm gives 500 plat to members. I went on google translate to try and translate what they were saying and what i should say. I mustve said "can i have 500 plat please?" in tagalog in gc like 15 times before someone finally said that plat isnt tradeable.

I even made up a story about how i lived in some city in the Phillipines and stuff like that to make them believe i was Filipino.

Lol...,....,... :D

Okatare
03-17-2016, 04:56 AM
In season 1 we used to share gold in party so each one was able to buy 25 pots to run one map XD and we ruined our KDR on purpose, cuz it was cheaper to die and run than to WASTE A POT WHICH COSTS MONEY. So i am frustrated now when i see people begging for something free... and ofcs str, int, dex points - 33% each XD

Sundar Moorthi
03-24-2016, 07:21 AM
my mage very first time am in a trading window lvl 15 i guess one rogue selling a egg forget the name i asked her what lvl that rogue told lvl his lvl i bought that and opened the pet its lvl 1, i got angry and scold that rogue u cheat me get back ur pet giv my gold back,. she is trying to say that my pet can lvlup am not satisfied for that question

stil i remember when some rogue r selling a egg in kraag city

herculeans
03-24-2016, 08:15 AM
my mage very first time am in a trading window lvl 15 i guess one rogue selling a egg forget the name i asked her what lvl that rogue told lvl his lvl i bought that and opened the pet its lvl 1, i got angry and scold that rogue u cheat me get back ur pet giv my gold back,. she is trying to say that my pet can lvlup am not satisfied for that question

stil i remember when some rogue r selling a egg in kraag city

Lol poor rouge

ForgottenWarrior
04-01-2016, 02:35 AM
Ive started to play like a 2months before Shuyal was released :)

...well, I didnt know difference between title and guild tag...and I rly liked "Troll Bane" title but I thought its guild tag, so I asked like a 30 ppl with that title to add me to guild - there came lot of invitations, but any of them wasnt my dream named guild haha

I thought [Infamous] is a guild and <Unified> is title. I put 33% on each attribute lol. I used to level up eith common gear till 30. I thought Elitejourney man is heradlic set (not a vanity)lol before 2016. I dudn't know difference between "pt me" and "pm me" indeed i took it as " personal text me" "personal msg me" haha.
I was not familiar with these abbreviation for long
tdm, ctf, op, noob, kdr, inv, aps, lb etc.

Mucsi
04-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Started at season 1, and I'm preferred to take all my points to intelligence, coz I didn't wanted to become an idiot warrior XDDDD

Eriel Delgado
04-02-2016, 05:36 PM
When I started playing it was during 2014 Halloween event, I managed to reach level 21 killing mobs in dead city tower of maroon. So then I start doing the event... I reached the ol' mighty paracelseus. Took me an hour to lower the first mage boss using lv.10 rare gear. As soon it was about to die party keeps running to the starting point and boss resets. That was the day I was forced to quit cause I was clueless, I took a long rest then I came back to the game to later find out winter event was in cool down still wearing that good old rare lv.10 gear.

Kaziscate
04-02-2016, 11:57 PM
When I was lvl 21 (Like before Tindirin was coming out) I was soloing Kraken and the enemies had a red circle next to their health. (The red circle means that I was waaaaaay too underlvled and I can get one shot) and that's how I discovered one of the best mage skill combos evarrrrrrrrrr. (Fireball aoe stun and Clock root)

I also remember when the old school arcane weapons costed like 30m and a Rendtail was worth 99,999,999 in auction.

PoisonRose
04-28-2016, 12:37 AM
When I was a noob, someone kept saying to me to buy pot. I thought they meant well....the other stuff, so I called them a sicko. XD

Muhammad Asraf
04-29-2016, 07:56 AM
Legitimately I pray to God to obtain Frost... After I bought it from the consignment shop for 10K+ gold, Yes, It was that freaking expensive... It was Awesome! Untill one day I saw... Glacian...

Nabkro
05-12-2016, 10:51 AM
When i first started, I was caught up in the story line with the rogue,mage, and warrior. I thought you couldn't beat Lord Madrom without all of them. That's because the first time i tried it the people i was with, couldn't beat him because we didn't have a war.But when i got a war i could be it. lmao

Pingmill
05-12-2016, 03:24 PM
There was this one time on my warrior in season 3 where I was in dead city and some random guy gifted me the full purple founder vanity but I had no ideas what is was so I gifted it back. Then he gifted it to me and for like 20 mins we were gifting it to each other, in the end I just kept it and walked off. ( it was not a scale because he gave it to me first). Like at season 4 I quit then came on in season 6 and never saw the vanity again. :/ poor me.... I would have sold it in auction if I knew where the auction was :)

Tootex
05-13-2016, 09:58 AM
Started playing AL in 2014 and I never asked for help or begged. Every time I saw lvl 41 (was the lvl cap at the time) it made me so jealous but I was always too afraid to ask them to help me in maps. For some reason I believed they would never help a noob and that they would ignore me lol, what a dumba$$ I was. When I found the stash house I wouldn't use it because I thought that other players could see my items/gold and steal them lol. It also took me a while to figure out that all CS showed the same items for sale. If I listed an item in kraag CS I'd go back to kraag to check on my listing